Does Counter work on AoEs?

I'm pretty sure that the fact that nobody has had Counter activated against an AoE attack means it can't, Otherwise, someone would have documented it by now, given how old the game is.

Agreed; I just wasn't sure that was a "fact". My main concern is whether or not that statistic is skewed by how few people actually bring Counter into the endgame; on both my playthroughs I sold it, so I wasn't ever in a position where it could be triggered by an AoE. I figured a skill that only procs when taking damage and surviving, and only sometimes, and is weaker on high-Defense characters who are the ones that should be getting hit the most, was worth more to me as cold hard cash.

55 minutes ago, EternalLurker said:

My main concern is whether or not that statistic is skewed by how few people actually bring Counter into the endgame

Titania has Counter as an innate skill and seems to be a pretty popular choice to be taken into the endgame chapters. So unless people remove it, there is propbably a lot of of people who've brought Counter to endgame.