I feel like my Deliverance/Alm's party is really weak. Is this a problem for the next Chapters?

So this is my first time playing FE15 and Alm's party was okay until Act 3. I decided to play Celica's part before continuing Alm's, and now that she has arrived in Mila's Temple, I have to go to his part.

However, now Alm's is struggling even to fight those Paladin reinforcements and was severely weaker than Celica's party even before the Act 3 (but I guess she had more Dungeons, so that's justified?).

No one has died yet and I've been using everyone 'cause more units mean more chip and that's basically everyone's job.

Here's a small summary of every character:

Spoiler

Alm: Pretty Average. Can take some hits and double attack most enemies, but damage output is pretty meh unless he gets a crit. Pretty much faster Lukas.

Lukas: Can take hits if using a Shield. Too slow for anything and most of his attacks deal like 7 damage. However, he still gets more crits than everyone but Alm.

Gray: Reclassed into Archer. Chips and that's it. However, he has enough Spd to double (and potentially one-round) mages.

Tobin: Reclassed into Cavalier. Possibly the best unit in the party, but still pretty average. Has enough Spd to one-round most Cavaliers (but not Paladins) and the Def to take some hits.

Kliff: Reclassed into Mercenary. Possibly the 2nd best unit in the party, but mainly because of his stellar Spd. Levin Sword guy that can double even Myrmidons.

Faye: Reclassed into Mage. Kinda of good? I feel like she's only underleveled becase her Atk/Spd/Def are all pretty good for her state.

Silque: Has 8 Atk and gets one-rounded by everything. Has Warp.

Clair: I don't even know if she's good or not. Can double anything, dies in two-hits and can't deal more than 8 damage (in two attacks) to save her life. 

Clive: Has good Str/Skl and 7 on everything else. Kinda of similar to Atlas, as he deals and takes high damage.

Python: Low everything. Only works as a Chipper.

Forsyth: Python with Defense.

As you can see, no one has the power to at least fight on their own.

So I want to ask: Is there any hope for those guys beating Act 3 on Hard mode or will I have to resort to grinding in low level areas? I'd prefer not to grind for obvious reasons, but if the Paladins map enemies are giving me trouble...I can't see the main maps being any easier.

I'm not an expert, but I had my villagers in different classes than that. 

Gray: Mercenary

Tobin: Archer

Kliff: Mage

Faye: Cleric

And they did well, so maybe that's an issue? Clive never really does well from what I've heard. Mathilda is better.

Oh but I did normal mode...idk.

Edited by Dragoncat

5 hours ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

So I want to ask: Is there any hope for those guys beating Act 3 on Hard mode or will I have to resort to grinding in low level areas? I'd prefer not to grind for obvious reasons, but if the Paladins map enemies are giving me trouble...I can't see the main maps being any easier.

Funny you mention those Paladin reinforcements, as they proved the most fatal encounter from the echoes ironman I was doing. Before you throw in the towel and grind up, just give the next couple of maps a try, it might not be as bad as you expect.

I had the same setup for the villagers as Dragoncat, and they did well enough (this was on hard mode). That could have been my luck, though. 

Most of Alm's party is pretty crap. Biggest problem with them is they learn the best spell (Invoke) annoyingly late. I had Alm solo most of it since he is so ridiculously OP, delthea for powerful magic, Lukas & Clive for heavy hitting with tempest lance, and the rest of the scrubs on clean up.

The Ridersbane in Zofia Castle will be really helpful, so grab and use that if you aren't already.

Overall though, Alm's army is kind of weak overall at the beginning of Act 3, they get stronger as you go on. These early Act 3 maps are, IMO, the hardest it gets on Alm's route.

Overall just make sure people have good weapons (Ridersbane, you said you have the Levin Sword so that's good).

If you end up grinding, what I've found is that the levels from villager back to tier 1 classes can really help get units on their feet because villagers get XP so fast. Try using a pitchfork on someone like Forsyth and promoting them into a different class- having a couple strong units can make these maps much more bearable. The pitchforks are free DLC that you can access if you want (more specifically Mila's Bounty 2, 4 and 5 each give 1 pitchfork).

That's about all the advice I have to give. Hope it helps a little bit.

Edited by Anathaco

Early Alm act3 can be rough. But getting a random paladin encounter that early is the worst. Enemies don't despawn from the map in this game, right? 

I think you need to back track to the thieves layout to grind then. Just hit early benchmarks for promotion and you should be fine. Base paladin Tobin with Ridersbane will do great. You can swap the Ridersbane around while chipping. 

Faye as a mage might hurt a bit in survivability, but great in offense. Female mage units do promote late though. 

Ah, thanks for all the comments!

So from what gathered, the game is tough on Alm for Act 3 and those Paladins are kinda of the welcome sign? 

I'll give the maps a try after dealing with 4 more of those Paladins with Ridersbane Tobin after my 3ds charges up and figure it out if grinding is necessary. Maybe Tobin can get enough levels in those Paladins to carry the rest of the team?

Also, Pitchfork is not really a option because I kinda of..used them all. Yeah, not the smartest idea, but I gave them all to Celica.

21 minutes ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

Also, Pitchfork is not really a option because I kinda of..used them all. Yeah, not the smartest idea, but I gave them all to Celica

Haha, fair enough. What reclassing have you done with them so far?

56 minutes ago, Anathaco said:

Haha, fair enough. What reclassing have you done with them so far?

I picked Boey ('cause he got REALLY trash level ups as a mage, stuff like 4-5 levels of only HP), Jesse (too many Mercs) and Palla for a callback to my FE12 days.

As for classes, Boey and Palla got into Cavalier and Jesse got into Soldier.

..None of them are optimal, I know. I did more for fun and diversity. 

28 minutes ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

I picked Boey ('cause he got REALLY trash level ups as a mage, stuff like 4-5 levels of only HP), Jesse (too many Mercs) and Palla for a callback to my FE12 days.

As for classes, Boey and Palla got into Cavalier and Jesse got into Soldier.

..None of them are optimal, I know. I did more for fun and diversity. 

I've made Boey a cavalier too, it was a lot of fun. He kinda carried that run honestly.

9 minutes ago, Anathaco said:

He kinda carried that run honestly.

If the other characters weren't as strong as they got, my Boey could do the same. The dude just has everything! But was quite useless in the Mila Temple map