Nintendo Direct Mini July 20 at 7AM PT

Jave

Horray! We finally can see a new Nintendo Direct Mini tomorrow. I hope that we can see what the Challenger Pack 7 will be shown off. (I definitely think we might not seen any Gameplay Footage for the DLC Fighter from Challenger Pack 7 similar to like Joker and Terry were first revealed back then) Also, I'm kinda wondered what new games might show in this Nintendo Mini Direct.

Edited by King Marth 64

Just based on the description, this doesn't sound like anything that'd get anyone hyped for anything. It sounds like it'll be very mild. Which, in my opinion, is not so great; things have seemed so dang slow for Nintendo lately that I think we need something big. Paper Mario has already kinda fizzled out, no one is really talking much about it.

Sounds like a showcase of games that already exist being ported to the switch and DLC updates. Can't think of anything I'd particularly like to see. Maybe some indie games, but they have separate Directs for those, usually. Bummer, I would have taken any first party announcement. The japanese announcement says its just 10 minutes too.

Edited by Glennstavos

I know we aren’t exactly owed a Direct (especially given the circumstances) but I can’t believe this is what we’re getting right now with being in the dark after TOK.

But there’s also maintenance happening on the 27th of July and 3rd of August. So maybe we have silver of hope for any kind of Direct (full or Mini) with more 1st party news.

Well, there it was. The moment I saw that it was called "Partner Showcase", I figured it wouldn't be showing anything I was particularly interested in. 

Cadence of Hyrule DLC looks neat. I haven't actually played the game, nor do I really intend to do so, but new Zelda content is always cool to see. 

And... that's all I really can say; I don't really have any opinion on any of the other games. 

The reason everyone is disappointed is because they expected it to be much bigger than what it is was. I’ll admit, the WWE thing is trash, but the Cadence of Hyrule DLC looks cools and we FINALLY got something about Shin Megami Tensei V!!!! 😁

As soon as I saw "partner showcase" I decided not to watch. Nothing there would interest me. What a major disappointment. All these months without a Direct and this is what we get? Where's the talk of the bigger titles? Zelda: BotW2? The next Smash DLC character? New Pokemon Snap? Heck, we haven't heard of a big Mario title in a while either!

I also still really want to see FE Warriors 2... I might be interested in Xenoblade 3 too, if that were to be a thing.

When are we going to get a REAL Direct? I know the pandemic has caused some problems, but surely they can tell us SOMETHING about one or more major titles, even if it's just a little bit.

Edited by Anacybele

Really happy for SMT players, it sounds bigger than what I expected from this direct. I don't play that game though, and the other stuff doesn't sound like fun to me. Here's to hoping the next one won't leave us waiting for too long.

Nocturne Remaster? Does it even HAVE Dante from the Devil May Cry series? Somebody check the boxart to confirm!

It's nice to get confirmation that SMT5 wasn't canned, but man, we haven't seen even a brief glimpse of what the game looks like outside of cutscenes. Definitely not the sort of reveal I think SMT fans would have envisioned.

It sounds like this Partner Showcase is going to be a regular thing. Maybe to really hammer home to viewers they need not raise their expectations? There was no need to have Directs dedicated to third party games for the wii/wii u generations, because such releases were so incredibly rare, I could see the appeal of this format for the Switch. But if I was somebody like Atlus, I think I'd still prefer to do reveals through my own dedicated channels. Even if more people numerically saw that SMT5 is still alive, that doesn't mean a larger percentage of people who actually care saw the news. Instead, those folks are just going to learn secondhand. Marketing to a general audience is good, but not if the game is still so early in development that you can't explain, even with visuals, what your game is about beyond anime artstyle and end of the world aesthetic. I mean, I would have joked that's all SMT is about, but I'm not the one trying to sell the damn games.

Edited by Glennstavos

I came in with semi low expectations and I'm still REALLY disappointed. Like, the direct was not remotely necessary. I'm not one to usually say this but I'm a little angry at Nintendo 😕

They knew SMT was their ace in the hole and I'm pretty hyped for that, but then there's the Persona fans that have only played P5 and the beginning of 4 who are pretending to be hyped for SMT V so they can seem OG and It's kinda killing it for me.

Edited by Ika Musume

46 minutes ago, Ika Musume said:

I came in with semi low expectations and I'm still REALLY disappointed. Like, the direct was not remotely necessary. I'm not one to usually say this but I'm a little angry at Nintendo 😕

They knew SMT was their ace in the hole and I'm pretty hyped for that, but then there's the Persona fans that have only played P5 and the beginning of 4 who are pretending to be hyped for SMT V so they can seem OG and It's kinda killing it for me.

P5 fan here. I'm genuinely interested in trying SMTV. 

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

P5 fan here. I'm genuinely interested in trying SMTV. 

same, I've been meaning to get into the series for a while now and this is finally giving me the excuse to do so