Ana Creates a Forging Bonds: A Power Awakened

Anacybele

Yes, I have created my own Forging Bonds from Fire Emblem Heroes! This features four of the most important characters from my fic, FE: Dawn of Darkness. The lord, Azura, the two lead males, Bryan and Leyon, and Bryan's best friend and assistant, Skye. This story takes place in the same world as Tellius.

If you want to see what these characters would look like in Heroes chibi style first, I did make an artwork some time ago. Right here. They aren't perfect, but I like them!

Spoiler

fire_emblem_heroes__world_of_darkness__b

You can also see other artwork featuring them here: https://www.deviantart.com/great-aether/gallery/8619311/fire-emblem-dawn-of-darkness-art (note though, that some of the sprites are out of date and need some overhauling still)

Now to get to the actual Forging Bonds itself! This one actually focuses on Skye, the least relevant of the four. I did this because that's just it, he hasn't gotten as much spotlight! So I figure it'd be interesting if he did get it this time. I have to point out though, that this entire thing is pretty spoilery in Bryan and Skye's arcs, though it's because the characters come from basically midway into the Dawn of Darkness story. I did this so Azura would debut in her Lord class look (she promotes to a Lord like Ike did in PoR) and with her prf weapon, the light lance Anacybele (yep, that's where my username comes from), as well as Bryan with his prf, the thunder lance Eronite. (Fun fact though, while Anacybele does indeed have light magic, Eronite doesn't have any magic at all. Its nickname of thunder lance is purely due to the shape of its blade.) Otherwise, they'd have to come in with more generic weapons that are already in the game and be less interesting as units. Despite all this, I hope you enjoy!

Forging Bonds: A Power Awakened

Character Colors:

Azura - Blue
Bryan - Green
Leyon - Red
Skye - Orange

Main Conversations

Spoiler

Opening

Spoiler

Skye:

Skye: …Damn it! Am I ever going to get this to work again?!

Bryan: Relax, Skye. I’m sure you will. Just be patient.

Skye: Yeah, but…how? I train as best as I can and I still can’t figure out how I did it! And I’m getting tired of dropping arrows all over the place.

Azura: It is a little troubling. Such skill would be incredibly helpful.

Leyon: Yeah. But whining about it isn’t going to get you anywhere, Skye. Just keep focusing as best you can.

Skye: Shut up! It’s frustrating, okay?!

Leyon: Sigh…

Alfonse: Hey, is everything alright out here? I know all of you just arrived here recently, but…

Bryan: Oh, hey, Prince Alfonse. Don’t worry, it’s not that. Skye’s just having a little trouble with his training. It’s nothing to do with being in Askr.

Azura: Yes, he once pulled off this amazing archery technique and he hasn’t been able to replicate it since. He’s been trying to do so.

Skye: And it’s really annoying. I know why I was able to do it. I just don’t know how! And If I can just learn to use it consistently, it’d be a big help not only here in Askr, but back in my world too!

Leyon: That’s pretty much the gist of it, yeah.

Alfonse: I see… A technique that you’ve only ever been able to use once even though you’ve tried many times to repeat it? I have to admit I’m a little confused at how this is possible.

Skye: It’s…a little complicated. It begins in the history of Bryan’s birth country, Astryn. One of his ancestors was friends with an archer whose skill was unparalleled. He had a technique that only he could do. I call it the Triple Deadeye. And I’m the only other person to have pulled it off.

Alfonse: What?! Seriously?

Bryan: Yep. This archer, known mainly by the nickname Silver Arrow, was at one point granted the ability to reincarnate himself once he passed on from the world. And Skye…well…

Alfonse: Hold on. You’re saying Skye here is this legendary archer’s reincarnation?

Skye: Exactly. I was speechless myself when I first found out. And it happened when I used the Triple Deadeye completely out of nowhere. My brother was being threatened by a bandit after we’d decimated an enemy army. The bandit was attempting a last resort dirty tactic. And…I just kind of went crazy and shish-kebabbed him AND his remaining cohorts.

Alfonse: Wow… I can see why you’d want to master this technique then. You literally hold this legendary archer’s power. And such power would help us out a lot.

Skye: Yeah. But I haven’t been able to get anywhere in figuring out how I can do it again. Not just to help others, but for Silver Arrow himself. If I have his power, I have to be able to use it as well as he did!

Leyon: Hmm… You know, Skye, maybe it isn’t just training you need. Maybe you need to be in a real battle or two too! Which you can definitely get around here.

Alfonse: Yes, that may help!

Skye: …Huh, yeah, that could work. What have I got to lose then? Let’s go find a fight!

C Conversation

Spoiler

Leyon: Well, THAT could have gone better…

Azura: Yeah, isn’t that the truth.

Skye: Nngh…

Bryan: Damn it all, Skye! Have you lost your mind?!

Skye: Bryan, I…

Bryan: You nearly got killed back there trying to catch those arrows that many times! You’re lucky I stepped in or you’d be skewered by now!

Skye: Heh… Now you kind of sound like me when I scold you for messing up.

Bryan: Huh, yeah, I suppose so. We have kind of rubbed off on each other, I guess. But don’t change the subject! Look at yourself! You’re practically covered in blood and you can barely stand!

Skye: I know! But I realized that when I’d used Triple Deadeye before, it was because someone was in great danger, someone I cared about…

Bryan: Wait, are you saying you were purposely trying to put ME in harm’s way?!

Skye: No, you idiot! I was doing it to MYSELF! Did you really think I’d intentionally throw you or anyone into the middle of danger like that?!

Azura: Alright, knock it off, both of you. This is not the way to handle the situation either. Arguing is just as bad.

Leyon: And we need to treat Skye’s wounds. As well as yours, Bryan. You both were pretty beat up in that scuffle.

Bryan: True, yeah… My arm still stings a lot from that one blow I took…

Alfonse: Yeah, how about we try to be less reckless from now on? It would not do at all for any of you to needlessly get injured because of such behavior.

Skye: I’m sorry… I just wasn’t sure what else to do at that point.

Alfonse: Fair enough. If I’m understanding this right though, your Triple Deadeye requires you to throw and catch three arrows while you jump high in the air, right? And then you fire them off all at once?

Skye: Yep. But I can’t even catch the arrows anymore, much less fire them.

Alfonse: Hmm… Definitely a challenging thing to do. Let’s try a different approach. Anything is better than taking unnecessary risks anyway, even if someone was in trouble when you first used this technique.

B Conversation

Spoiler

Sharena: Okay, Skye! So far so good, right?

Skye: Well… I can catch two arrows and I can appreciate that, but I still haven’t caught three! Ugh. Still, this setup with these targets and all was a great idea. Thanks for coming up with this, Prince Alfonse. And I really appreciate you coming to help too, Princess Sharena. Particularly with cleaning up the arrows…

Sharena: Of course! I love helping the heroes out!

Alfonse: I’m always willing to lend a hand when needed as well. It’s no problem.

Leyon: And of course, the rest of us were eager to help set it up.

Azura: Yes, and we’ll continue to help until you reach your goal, Skye.

Bryan: For sure. And you know you can count on me, my friend.

Skye: Aw, thank you guys so much. I feel like I’m closer now. And this just makes me want to keep trying even harder too!

Sharena: That’s great to hear! I have a suggestion too, Skye. Have you tried firing three arrows at the same time? Maybe you ought to take a break from the catching and focus on that for a little while.

Skye: Oh, I’ve pretty much had that part down for some time now. It’s only the catching I still can’t do.

Alfonse: Wow, really?

Bryan: Oh yeah. Ever since he first pulled off that technique, my buddy’s been training harder than ever.

Leyon: Yep, I can definitely vouch for that.

Azura: Me too. I don’t think there’s anyone better with a bow than Skye.

Alfonse: I can picture some of the other heroes here wanting to contest that statement, Azura… But regardless, I’d actually like to see it for myself.

Sharena: I would too! It sounds amazing! And you know, Bryan and Skye, it’s so cool that your predecessors were best friends just like you both are. What a neat coincidence!

Bryan: Yeah, it’s like it was truly fate that we met. It’s truly a blessing.

Skye: I definitely agree. It really is awesome. Now watch this! …HAAH!

Alfonse: …Incredible. You hit all three targets at once and three times in a row! That truly is impressive.

Sharena: I agree! What skill!

Bryan: That’s why Skye is the new Silver Arrow!

Skye: No, I can’t call myself that yet. Not until I master that technique. And I WILL master it!

A Conversation

Spoiler

Azura: Skye, are you okay?

Leyon: Should…we give you some space or something?

Skye: …Argh! I almost had it that time! Sorry, it just really annoys me that I came so close and failed again. And all I want is to be able to live up to my predecessor. He gave me his power. Heck, in a sense, I AM him! Just in another life. I just have to be able to use Silver Arrow’s power the way he did or I’ll feel like I failed him and wasn’t worthy of his spirit.

Bryan: Yeah, we get that, Skye. It’s like I said a while back, be patient. And remain calm. Don’t get so worked up about it all the time. I know it’s what made you succeed in using this technique the first time, but it can’t be the only way.

Skye: Yeah, I guess…

Azura: Why not take a deep breath and relax for a moment and then try again? Don’t repeatedly push yourself or rush.

Leyon: Yeah, slow down a bit and take your time. You’re already close now, so you will get there no matter what.

Skye: I could, but even if that did work, the enemy’s not going to just sit there and wait for me to chill so I can get an attack off. I have to be able to do this in a moment’s notice, if I have to.

Bryan: Well yeah, of course the enemy won’t do that. But you can still gradually work towards being able to reliably use the Triple Deadeye against them. The first step is just being able to do the technique at all, right?

Skye: Yeah, that is true. Let’s see then… Deep breath now…

Azura: You can do this!

Leyon: We’re behind you!

Skye: …Focus on the arrows and the targets… … …FEAR THE POWER OF SILVER ARROW!

Sharena: …Whoa! What in the world happened here?

Alfonse: The targets… They’re all knocked over and cracked. What strength…

Bryan: Oh, Alfonse and Sharena, you both just missed it! Skye did it! He finally pulled off that Triple Deadeye again!

Skye: I…I did! I actually did!

Alfonse: Wow, really? Amazing!

Sharena: Aww, I would’ve loved to see it! But I’m glad you did it, Skye!

Leyon: Yeah, I could definitely get used to that white flash in your eyes and the Silver Arrow battle cry too.

Azura: It is pretty cool! We’re so proud of you, Skye.

Bryan: Very proud. You’ve come so far since you got your first bow from my dad’s shop back home.

Skye: Thanks so much! I couldn’t have done it without you guys. But… I still don’t feel like I can do it consistently yet. I need more training and practice with it.

Alfonse: That’s fine. You just keep it up at your own pace and it’ll surely become second nature to you.

Skye: Heh, I sure hope so!

Azura's Conversations

Spoiler

C Conversation

Spoiler

Azura: Gosh, so many mercenaries and nobles among all these heroes… And I feel less like I belong with the latter than I ever did before.

Sharena: Oh, hello, Azura! Feeling comfortable here in Askr?

Azura: Ah, Princess Sharena. Well, it’s a little overwhelming. I must admit that this group of heroes may be even bigger than the army I was commanding at home! But I’ll be fine, don’t worry. I even met a nice girl who shares the same name as me!

Sharena: Ah, good to know! If you need any help, you can always ask. Although… There’s something I’m wondering about…

Azura: Oh? What is it?

Sharena: Well… I’ve noticed that you only really talk to other female heroes. You haven’t said much of a word to any of the men. Not even my brother. You only talk to Commander Anna or myself.

Azura: Oh… That. Yeah, I’m sorry.

Sharena: If you don’t want to tell me, I understand. I have seen at least a couple other heroes here be shy around the opposite gender. Though you don’t strike me as being that, honestly.

Azura: You’re right, I’m not scared or shy. And don’t worry, I can tell you. At the very least, Alfonse probably deserves to know anyway. He’s one of the most important people in this group. The thing is, I…just have some trust issues with men. My experiences with them in the past were not really great. Occasionally, these experiences even happened in my own army. And even here I’ve already had to ask guys to leave me alone. I gave one a bloody nose with my fist. I think his name was Sylvain.

Sharena: Oh… I’m sorry to hear that. Surely you were able to trust at least some of the men in your group?

Azura: Yeah, I was. Bryan and Ike I technically owe my life. Ike is probably the one I trust the most right now, since we were both mercenaries before I was given new duties. Skye is a faithful companion too, especially since he and Bryan are so close to one another. Leyon…well, I’m working on him, I guess.

Sharena: I see… And that’s right, I sometimes forget that Altarais and Tellius are in the same world!

Azura: They are. It’s great to finally meet more of Ike’s friends too.

Sharena: I bet! Well, I’d like to help you out. I can show you some very nice men who I know you can trust completely. Just give me a little time, okay?

Azura: Oh, um… Thanks, Sharena, but I don’t know if that’s really necessary.

Sharena: Don’t worry, this will be fun! See you later!

Azura: Uh… Well, maybe this could work. …Oh! Of course! I know who I can talk to about this regardless!

B Conversation

Spoiler

Azura: Oh, Ike! There you are.

Legendary Ike: Hm? Oh, you. You’re one of the new arrivals. I forgot your name, what was it?

Azura: …Huh? (Oh, shoot. This Ike must be from a point before he met me. I guess I have to play this safely) Oh, I’m Azura. Can I ask a little advice?

Legendary Ike: Sure, I can try to help. What’s up?

Azura: Well, I was wondering…

Sharena: Azura! There she is, everyone. Hey, Azura, I found some very nice men to help you out. I hope you don’t mind! My brother wants to help too, by the way.

Azura: Oh, Sharena. Er…

Sharena: Don’t worry, it’ll be okay! Let’s let the guys introduce themselves.

Frederick: I am Frederick, of the Ylisse Shepherds. Pleased to make your acquaintance, milady. So long as you have no quarrel with milord Chrom, we should get along nicely.

Legendary Eliwood: Pleased to meet you, Lady Azura. I’m Eliwood. I assure you, I would like to make you as comfortable around us as possible.

Hrid: I am Hrid, prince of Nifl, the kingdom of Ice. My siblings are all sisters and younger than me, so I have plenty of experience with helping women.

Legendary Marth: And I’m Marth, prince of Altea. Please, do not hesitate to talk with me if you ever feel the need to. I wouldn’t like you to be uncomfortable.

Sharena: See, aren’t they all so nice?

Azura: Oh, wow… This is a little much all at once. It’s nice to meet all of you, but I think I’ll be going. I want to take this a little slower. Sorry!

Sharena: Oh, Azura, wait! …Oh dear. I might’ve overdone it a little here…

A Conversation

Spoiler

Sharena: Hey, Azura, I’m sorry about before. I just wanted to help you.

Azura: I know, and it’s alright. I appreciate what you’re doing. It was a little much at once, but I did decide to talk to those men one at a time for a little while! They really do seem nice.

Sharena: Oh, that’s wonderful to hear!

Azura: Yes! Though Sir Frederick could tone it down a bit… The tea and biscuit he gave me were great, and then he offered to polish my armor and weapon and make me a scarf and gloves! All because I happen to be a noble! What’s with that guy? I don’t get how Chrom deals with that stuff.

Sharena: Heh, Frederick is like that. But he really means well, I assure you. Chrom would say the same thing.

Azura: Yeah, that is true. He was still polite about it, even if it was unnecessary. I have to admit, despite the poor experiences I had in the past with men, there are all kinds of them out there, in this world, and in my own. I just have to be able to give them a decent chance to show me which are the good ones to have around.

Sharena: Yes, for sure! Let’s hope things continue to go well for you!

Azura: Definitely!

Legendary Ike: Ah, Azura. I was looking for you. I wanted to check up on you after our last encounter. Nobody was making you really uncomfortable, were they?

Azura: Ike! No, don’t worry. I’m fine. Thank you, though.

Legendary Ike: Alright then. Say, though… Is it just me, or were you acting like you already knew me prior to your arrival? I know I’m rather…famous, but it felt like you knew me personally.

Azura: …Ah, well… I guess there’s no dodging this one. I did meet you already where I come from. But you haven’t yet met me. Don’t worry much about it, it’ll happen when it happens.

Legendary Ike: Oh, I see. Then I won’t pry anymore. But about what you were going to ask me…

Azura: Right, yeah. It was about finding men I can talk to and trust. Sharena here was trying to help me with that.

Sharena: Yep, I was!

Legendary Ike: Ah. Well, I’m afraid I’m not so good with talk, but I could try to help.

Azura: Oh, thanks! I really appreciate it.

Legendary Ike: No problem.

S Conversation

Spoiler

Legendary Fates Azura: Pardon me, Azura of Talgria?

Azura: Oh, you’re the Azura from Hoshido and Nohr. What’s up?

Legendary Fates Azura: Well, I believe this belongs to you…

Azura: Oh great, did someone get us mixed up AGAIN?

Legendary Fates Azura: I’m afraid so. I suppose it’s just going to happen when you share your name with another hero.

Azura: Yeah, I guess… Huh, this is an interesting parcel. I wonder what’s inside… Oh! These are… These are such cute little trinkets! And…wait, they’re also from Nifl, Altea, Pherae, and Ylisse! And there’s a little note inside.

Legendary Fates Azura: Oh? That sounds like someone did a very kind gesture for you!

Azura: Yeah, the note says “Lady Azura, we would like to apologize for coming at you all at once when we met. We hope you’ll accept these little gifts as a token of trust and friendship. We really would like to be friends.” And… Frederick, Eliwood, Hrid, and Marth all signed it! That really is so kind of them.

Sharena: Wow, it is! Sorry, I couldn’t help but overhear.

Azura: Princess Sharena! Don’t worry, I’m kind of glad you did. I want to tell you that I wish to thank all of those guys and be friends for sure. And I also owe you thanks. You introduced us, after all.

Sharena: Aw, I’m so happy to hear it!

Legendary Fates Azura: Me too! Of course, you’re free to also call me a friend.

Azura: Heh, thanks, both of you! I’ll have to find a good time to thank the guys real soon. I promised Lyn I’d have lunch with her. She and I have really hit it off with how much we seem to have in common! But after that, I should be free.

Sharena: Sounds great! I’m glad things are working out so well!

Azura: Oh, me too!

Bryan's Conversations

Spoiler

C Conversation

Spoiler

Bryan: So, Ephraim, how was that? Did I give you a good fight?

Ephraim: Did you? Good gods above, you’re freakishly good!

Bryan: Wow, really? I know I’ve earned a nickname back home and all, but…

Ephraim: You truly are! Tell me, where did you learn your skills? I’d love to know how you trained.

Bryan: Heh, I taught myself, actually.

Ephraim: Seriously?

Bryan: Yeah. I studied some books on lancing techniques when I was a kid. I’ve been practicing with one since I was around ten.

Ephraim: Wow, even I didn’t start that early and I thought I DID start early. I have some work to do, it seems.

Bryan: Well, I still consider that match a draw. You were very strong yourself, you know! And it rather surprised me. I don’t typically see a royal who can fight the way you do. …Well, unless it’s a laguz.

Ephraim: Heh, I suppose not.

Bryan: But I’m one to talk since I happen to be a prince myself.

Ephraim: Wait, you are? I never would have guessed! You don’t really look or even act like one.

Bryan: Heh, well, neither do you in some ways.

Ephraim: Point taken. We are cut from a different cloth than the others, aren’t we?

Bryan: Indeed. Though I’m even more different than usual since I didn’t grow up as a prince. I have royal blood, but I had no idea that I did until recently. Now all of a sudden, I’m actually the only remaining heir to the kingdom of Astryn.

Ephraim: Wow… Now I’m really curious about this.

Bryan: I don’t really like talking about my past, but… Well, I suppose there’s no harm here. My friend Skye always did say talking can help anyway. It’s a bit of a long story though, so I’ll start at the beginning of what I learned…

B Conversation

Spoiler

Bryan: Hmm... I like the new friends I’ve found, but…I wonder…

Alfonse: Hello, Prince Bryan. Is something on your mind? You look lost in thought.

Bryan: Oh, Prince Alfonse. Yeah, that is kind of true. You can just call me Bryan, by the way. I’m still not used to my royal blood yet.

Alfonse: Well, in that case, how about you just call me Alfonse? I don’t mind at all.

Bryan: Well, if you say so then. Thanks. But…

Alfonse: What’s the matter?

Bryan: Well, the truth is, I’m concerned about my presence here.

Alfonse: Really? Why do you say that? You don’t think yourself a burden, do you? From what I’ve learned, your skills are invaluable.

Bryan: Maybe so, but that’s not what I mean. You know I’m the secret prince of Astryn, right?

Alfonse: I do, yes.

Bryan: Well, as much as I like helping the Order of Heroes and Askr, it pains me to be away from my people when they really need me too. Astryn is facing very tough times right now and I don’t know if they can hold on. Don’t take this the wrong way, but I honestly am not sure I like having been summoned here, that maybe I ought to return home and hope to be re-summoned another time. I hope you aren’t angry with me…

Alfonse: No, I understand perfectly. As Askr’s prince, I know all too well the duty a royal has to his or her people. Astryn really is in a bad state, isn’t it?

Bryan: It is. It’s been ravaged for some time now ever since it was more or less massacred in a war, and the people had all but lost hope that someone would help. Now that I’ve been discovered as their homeland’s heir, it falls to me to do whatever I can to save them. And even now, I’m not sure what I could do, exactly. I wasn’t raised on politics or economics. I feel like I need all the time I can get to do this successfully.

Alfonse: I see. It is a large burden and a difficult task. But you don’t have to worry too much. If you were to be sent home, you would be returned to the point where you had originally left. It’s almost as if time has suddenly come to a halt in your world.

Bryan: Really? I was wondering why no one else had seemed bothered by suddenly being more or less yanked away from their homes.

Alfonse: Of course! We could never just interrupt people in their lives like that and not compensate them for the lost time. We know many of the heroes here had their own duties and missions before arriving here.

Bryan: Wow… That is such a huge relief. I’m really glad to hear this. Thank you, Alfonse. Now I can rest much more easily.

Alfonse: I’m glad I could help!

A Conversation

Spoiler

Ephraim: Hey, Bryan!

Bryan: Oh, hey, Ephraim! What’s up? And…who’s this you brought with you?

Ephraim: A friend I’d like to introduce you to.

Dimitri: I am Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd, prince of Faerghus. I’m pleased to meet you, Bryan. Ephraim tells me you are a prince that wields a lance like we are.

Bryan: Ah, that I am indeed. Nice to meet you! And a full name, no less. Interesting. Mine is Bryan Casimir Novat.

Ephraim: So…forgive me, Bryan, but…I told Dimitri the story you told me. I hoped we could all be friends.

Bryan: Oh?

Dimitri: Yes, and I even can sympathize and relate a little. Just like you, Bryan, I didn’t know my mother either. She also died when I was very young.

Bryan: I see… No worries though, I don’t think anyone here could do much harm with that information. And you both seem trustworthy.

Dimitri: Yes, I do hope we can get along. I am sorry to hear of the poor state your country is in, though. If only we could help. But alas…

Bryan: Don’t fret too much. I do have quite the task to handle there, but I have many allies helping me and we’ll do all we can to see it through.

Dimitri: That is good to hear!

Ephraim: Indeed! So, I also had an idea. Most royals here use a sword. But we three use lances! Why don’t we form a club of sorts? We could call it the Lancing Princes Club!

Dimitri: Ah, that sounds like a splendid idea. We could share lancing techniques and spar.

Bryan: A…club? Heh, I’ve never been a part of one of those before. Or really part of a group of friends in general…

Ephraim: Oh, right. I suppose this would be a little awkward for you after what you went through as a child, Bryan. I still can’t believe kids treated you that way. I’m very glad Skye saved you that day you met him.

Dimitri: I agree. If anyone treated my friends like that, I wouldn’t hesitate to…well, show them the blade of my lance!

Bryan: Yeah. And I will always be grateful to Skye and what he’s done for me. And he was always happy to have me around when his parents hardly ever were. We’ve been through so much together now. Nothing can ever bend our bond, let alone break it.

Dimitri: Such a friendship is always beautiful indeed.

Ephraim: I do admire how close you two are. It reminds me of myself and my friend, Lyon, before… Well, never mind about that. So Bryan, will you join us?

Bryan: Heh, thanks, you guys. And yeah, this might be something I can get used to! I’m in!

Ephraim: Great! It’s settled then!

S Conversation

Spoiler

Alfonse: Ah, Bryan. You seem to be in a better mood than when we last spoke.

Bryan: Hey, Alfonse. Yes, I am. Thanks to you, and the new Lancing Princes Club!

Alfonse: The what now?

Bryan: Ephraim, Dimitri, and I formed a club since we’re all princes that specialize in the lance.

Alfonse: Ah. That sounds great! I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better about being here now.

Bryan: Me too. To be honest, it wasn’t even just my concern for my people that had me nervous either. I was also nervous about…meeting other heroes here too.

Alfonse: Really? I know some are…unusual, but most are good people.

Bryan: Yes, but at first, I couldn’t be too sure. I’m a little wary about meeting new people these days because I had such an awful childhood… My father and Skye were the only people that cared about me. Everyone else would just pick on me or belittle me, mostly because I…tended to cry a lot.

Alfonse: You…cried a lot?

Bryan: Yeah, I’d be called a wimp and a crybaby. My nickname now may be Emerald Prince, but back then, it was more or less Cryin’ Bryan.

Alfonse: Wow, that’s horrible. I’m sorry you went through that. I can assure you that no one in the Order of Heroes will treat you this way as long as Sharena and Commander Anna and I are in charge.

Bryan: That’s good to hear. I was afraid that if anyone heard about that little habit, I’d be made fun of all over again because some think men shouldn’t cry.

Alfonse: That’s ridiculous. Of course a man can cry. A man named Bartre would even tell you that real men do cry. Just go ask him!

Bryan: …Wow, really? I think I saw him, isn’t he that gruff-looking axe fighter with the mustache that talks about a daughter?

Alfonse: That’d be him, yes.

Bryan: Man. I never imagined I’d hear of something like that. Between this and that club, things will be pretty good here after all! The enemy battles aside, that is.

Alfonse: Indeed! And should you have anymore concerns, you can always ask.

Bryan: Thanks so much, Alfonse. I have to thank Ephraim and Dimitri too. All of you have made me feel so welcome here it’s almost overwhelming! But it’s absolutely fine.

Alfonse: That’s good to hear!

Leyon's Conversations

Spoiler

C Conversation

Spoiler

Leyon: So many different heroes from different worlds gathered in one place… Askr is pretty amazing.

Sylvain: Heya! General Leyon, right? I hear you've got a talent for match making!

Leyon: That's me. ...Oh, you're...that guy. Should've figured you'd be coming to me.

Sylvain: Huh? I'm what guy?

Leyon: That guy that plays with women's feelings. Sylvain, isn't it?

Sylvain: ...What? Ah... But... Did Ingrid tell you that?

Leyon: Nope. Word gets around, buddy. Your behavior's been the biggest talk of the castle lately.

Sylvain: ...Oh… Ooh. No wonder I’ve started having some bad luck with the ladies…

Leyon. Probably. But I know what you want to ask me and the answer's no. I'm not going to help you break another girl's heart. See you later.

Sylvain: Huh? Wait, no! I... Well damn. I guess I should've seen that coming though...

B Conversation

Spoiler

Leyon: Hey, Sylvain?

Sylvain: Hm? Oh, General Leyon! You're coming to me this time? I must say I'm surprised.

Leyon: I figured. But... I'm curious about something. As someone who has helped more than one person find true love, your behavior disgusts me beyond reason. But at the same time... You also perplex me. Outside of the ridiculous behavior, I see...something more to you. But I don't know why or what, exactly.

Sylvain: Uh... Okay. I'm not sure I follow.

Leyon: See, I've got a certain intuition about people. A sixth sense, you might say. It's what helps me be able to figure out who is compatible with whom. And despite your cruel actions, I feel like...it's not that simple. Tell me, why do you treat women this way? You say you love one, but move onto another like the first one meant absolutely nothing and you make them cry. You are a jerk and yet I find myself sensing that there's a reason for this and desperate to know what it is!

Sylvain: ...Wow, er... I have to admit, you have read me like a book there. I don't normally talk about this, because I never believed other people cared. I believed women cared the least of all. Have you heard of the Crests that exist in my world?

Leyon: Yeah, a little. You have one?

Sylvain: Yeah. And I hate it. I loathe it and wish they'd all disappear.

Leyon: What? Why? Don't they grant you power that others would not have?

Sylvain: Yes, but that's just it. Those that don't have it desire to have it. They want to marry their children to people who have Crests and make Crest babies. All the noble families that bear Crests have children until one is born with that Crest and the vicious cycle continues. My family is no different. They're one of the worst, in fact. If I'm not being forced into some arranged marriage by my parents to some woman I don't know or care about, I'm being sought after by women who only like my power. And then my older brother, who did not have a Crest... He wanted me dead for it.

Leyon: ...Sylvain...I... I'm so sorry to hear all that. I could sense that something was off about your behavior, but... I had no idea it you had suffered so much.

Sylvain: Yeah. Well, I guess I'll leave you be now. You didn't want to help me out, so... See ya.

Leyon: Gee... If only more people could know how much he actually seems to be hurting inside... But it isn't my place to tell anyone. Sigh...

A Conversation

Spoiler

Leyon: Hey, Sylvain. Care to spar with me for a bit?

Sylvain: Huh? General Leyon? First you're asking me about my behavior, now you're asking me to spar? Now YOU'RE starting to confuse ME.

Leyon: Ah... Heh, I suppose that would seem strange. Well, to be honest, I also wish to apologize.

Sylvain: Oh? For what?

Leyon: For how I insulted you before. I said I was disgusted with you.

Sylvain: Oh, that. No worries. After being shoved down a well and left on a cold mountain to die, I can handle a little burn here and there. Ingrid does that to me pretty much all the time anyway. Ha ha. And besides, you were right, you know.

Leyon: ...Wait, what? And who did that to you?! Your brother? If so, I'd love to teach him a lesson with my axe.

Sylvain: Oh, don't worry. He's dead now. Don't ask how, you don't want to know.

Leyon: ...Actually, I already do know. Ingrid told me this time. I'm sorry, I was still curious and asked her and Prince Dimitri more about you.. I...can sort of relate.

Sylvain: Huh?

Leyon: Granted, my brother and I were close, he never mistreated me. But he's been missing for a long time and I'm still not entirely certain what happened to him. He's still out there, either dead or somehow alive. For all I know, he befell a gruesome fate too.

Sylvain: Whoa... I'm sorry.

Leyon: Thanks. Well, want to spar?

Sylvain: Sure, why not?

Ingrid: Oh, there you two are! I wanted to ask to join you after the general here ran off looking for you, Sylvain.

Leyon: Hey, Ingrid! You're looking for an opponent too?

Ingrid: Yes! You look very strong! I could learn a lot since I’m trying to be the best knight I can be. Dimitri also asked to have a turn sometime, by the way.

Sylvain: Heh, you're popular all of a sudden, General! I'm kind of jealous.

Leyon: Wow, I suppose so! I'll have to make sure there's enough of me to go around. Let's get started!

S Conversation

Spoiler

Sylvain: Man, I still wish Leyon could've helped me. If he could, then maybe...

Ingrid: I guess all you can do is be patient. He might change his mind.

Leyon: Oh, what a coincidence. I was just thinking of you again, Sylvain.

Sylvain: Ah! Dang it, I dropped my drink. You scared me.

Leyon: Crud, I'm sorry. I can help you get another one, if you'd like. Thanks for the sparring session before, by the way.

Sylvain: Oh, no problem!

Ingrid: Yes, it was very helpful! I truly am learning so much from you, General Leyon!

Leyon: Heh, my pleasure! So... Sylvain, when you said I was right about your behavior being disgusting, did you mean that?

Sylvain: Yep. I always knew it was wrong. But I did it anyway because...well, as you might have figured out, I didn't think any of these women would treat me any better in the long run. So, I never went very far at all with any of them. I didn't plan on changing my behavior either, even if Ingrid tells me she's tired of cleaning up my messes.

Ingrid: And I still am!

Sylvain: Yeah, I know. And Dimitri has wanted me to clean up my act too. However, I still held on to the belief that a woman would never love me for who I am, just my damn Crest. But then I was summoned here and later heard about you when you arrived, General Leyon.

Leyon: ...Wait. Is THAT what you were looking to ask me all this time? To see if there actually is a woman out there that would care about your feelings and not treat you as a studhorse?

Sylvain: In a nutshell. You really do have a sixth sense about this stuff! And truth be told, I hate seeing a girl cry, you know? I really do.

Leyon: That's my special talent! But now I understand. You want to know if you don't have to live this life anymore. You never really truly wanted to live that way.

Sylvain: Exactly.

Ingrid: Sylvain...

Leyon: Hmm... You know what? Now that I've gotten to know you better, I see what I'd been sensing all along. That deep behind that seemingly cruel persona...you had a genuinely good heart.

Sylvain: Aw, you flatter me, General!

Leyon: Don't push it now, Sylvain. Anyway, I'd actually be glad to help you now, but... Truth is, I can already sense that several women would make a fine wife for you. I can't say which one is the best option! It's up to you to meet the most compatible of the compatible.

Sylvain: ...Well. I can't say I'm not disappointed to hear that, to be honest. But it is awesome to know that some women can love ME and not my Crest! Thank you, General Leyon. From the bottom of my heart. Truly.

Leyon: Heh, of course. And please, just call me Leyon from now on. Noble to noble, and friend to friend.

Sylvain: Heh, okay then!

Ingrid: I thank you too, Leyon! Now I might not have to rescue this idiot from as many girl situations as before.

Sylvain: Hey! …Oh, by the way, Leyon, while we’re still talking about women… I’ve been noticing lately how you look at Lady Azura from your world. You have a crush on her! And your little sixth sense doesn’t work on yourself, huh? Bummer.

Leyon: W-What?! I…

Sylvain: Heh heh heh, it’s okay to admit it! I won’t tell.

Skye's Conversations

Spoiler

C Conversation

Spoiler

Skye: …Wow, we tied again! We really are evenly matched in these competitions, Jeorge.

Jeorge: Indeed. I must say, I never did think I would meet an archer who rivals my skill the way you do. Even if there are many heroes here in Askr that also use a bow.

Skye: Huh. I never thought about being the best. Just being as good as I possibly can be so I can be the most reliable ally Bryan could ask for. I will always have his back.

Jeorge: It is good to have someone to be so close to, yes. Let’s train together again some time.

Skye: Sure! See you later.

Fjorm: …Oh, dear. Are you both done already, Skye?

Skye: Oh, Princess Fjorm. Yeah, we are. Why? Did you want to join? Though I’ve never seen you use a bow…

Fjorm: I did have some interest. My brother and I have some training in archery. We practiced with bows when we were younger.

Skye: I see. Interesting. I would have never guessed.

Fjorm: But I have to admit, you and Jeorge have far better marksmanship than we do. Your skills are impressive!

Skye: Heh, thanks! Say…

Fjorm: Yes?

Skye: Princess Fjorm… You have three siblings, don’t you? You’re lucky they’re here with you.

Fjorm: Yes, that is true. Why do you ask?

Skye: Well… Ah, never mind. I don’t want to bother you. I’ll see you around.

Fjorm: …Well, that was odd. I wonder what was wrong?

B Conversation

Spoiler

Fjorm: Hello, Skye?

Skye: Huh? Oh! Hi, Princess Fjorm. What’s up?

Fjorm: I just wanted to make sure I didn’t upset you before…somehow.

Skye: Oh, no, you didn’t. I just didn’t want to burden you with any problems I might be having.

Fjorm: I understand. But since you’d asked me about my siblings… I’m guessing you have at least one yourself?

Skye: …Yeah, you got it. I have a younger brother. He’s not here though, and I worry about him a lot. In fact, it’s practically been my job to look after him since I was a kid myself. Our parents were spies and got themselves killed on the job. And they were hardly ever around anyway. So even when they were alive, I found myself taking care of Kye. And after I met Bryan, he was sometimes helping too, even though he shouldn’t have had to.

Fjorm: Wow… That’s awful to hear. Though I must say you must be a very responsible person!

Skye: Yeah, I suppose so. Yet… It hasn’t prevented my brother and I from being…at odds at times. I can’t say our relationship is necessarily bad, but I do wish it was better. Sometimes he annoys the heck out of me. And as much as I think of Bryan like another brother these days, I feel like I was closer to him than I ever was to Kye and that doesn’t feel right. I should be just as close to him, if not closer. I’m not sure how I can change that either.

Fjorm: I see… I don’t know how much anyone can do about that with your brother not being here, but… Perhaps there’s still a way to help!

Skye: Maybe, but I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Surely you have more important things to do as a princess.

Fjorm: I don’t mind, really.

Skye: Well, thanks then!

A Conversation

Spoiler

Fjorm: Hey, Skye! I have someone I’d like you to meet.

Rolf: Hi, Skye!

Skye: Huh? …Wait, Rolf?

Rolf: …Whoa! How do you know my name?

Skye: …Uh…I…I heard about you from one of your brothers. Boyd.

Rolf: Really? But Boyd isn’t even here!

Skye: …Well…I actually met him before coming here.

Rolf: You did? Huh… Well, anyway, I heard from Princess Fjorm that you don’t feel close enough to your own brother.

Skye: Yeah, something like that. I do know you, Oscar, and Boyd are all very close. Boyd’s told me about it. I didn’t meet Oscar though, just Boyd.

Rolf: I see! Oscar is here though, so you can meet him!

Skye: That’s nice to know! You’re close to my brother’s age, by the way. You remind me of him a little.

Rolf: Heh, and you kind of remind me of Boyd. I wish he was here. I’m glad I have Oscar though!

Skye: Yeah, I wish my brother, Kye, was here too. Maybe spending time here could help us grow closer…

Rolf: Possibly. For me, it just feels weird only having two out of the three of us brothers. I feel like we’re…incomplete. After our dad died, Boyd and I were left alone. We didn’t have a mother. Oscar was a knight in the Crimean army, but he left so he could take care of us…

Skye: …Wow. That’s not too unlike my own situation with Kye. Our parents died and I was left to look after him.

Rolf: Huh. That is a lot like us. I sure hope Boyd and Kye get to come here soon!

Fjorm: Yes, I’m sure your brothers will eventually join us too!

S Conversation

Spoiler

Rolf: Skye! Hey, I brought Oscar for you!

Oscar: Hello, Skye.

Skye: Oh, wow. Hey there. This was kind of unexpected. But it’s nice to meet you!

Oscar: Likewise. Rolf’s told me you’re looking after your brother like I did with mine.

Skye: Yeah. I’ve heard a lot about you from Boyd, as well as Ike. Ike says your cooking is top notch! I wouldn’t mind trying it myself.

Oscar: Heh, Ike would say that. He always did. But of course you can try it sometime! I enjoyed cooking for my brothers and I enjoy it now.

Skye: Wow, thanks! I wasn’t ever much of a cook. I could only bring simple foods home for Kye and I to eat… I’m kind of envious. Maybe if I had learned to cook or do more, I would be closer to him…

Oscar: Maybe, but maybe not. I don’t think you necessarily need to do a lot of different things to prove how much you care for your brother. All you need is to do whatever you can to look out for and support him, no matter what.

Skye: …Hmm. Yeah, I suppose that is true.

Rolf: Yes, totally! When I was old enough, I did what I could too! I even learned to use a bow.

Skye: I see… So, then maybe, Kye and I really are very close, we just have our own ways of showing it.

Oscar: Exactly.

Skye: Wow… Well, thanks for helping me realize this. I feel so much better.

Fjorm: Ah, Skye. Looks like you’re having a pleasant conversation! I came to see how you’re doing.

Skye: Hey, Princess Fjorm. Yeah, talking to the Greil Mercenaries brothers was a great idea. I believe now that Kye and I are very close, we just don’t show it the same way Bryan and I would.

Fjorm: That’s great to hear! I’m glad you’re feeling better too. I’m grateful myself for my older brother. He also looks after us as best he can. Even though we’re all grown up except for Ylgr, Hrid practically dotes on us.

Skye: Heh, now that’s definitely not my style. But I do all I can for sure! By the way…

Fjorm: Hm?

Skye: I feel like telling you both a little secret as a thank you. My real name.

Rolf: Huh? What do you mean your real name?

Skye: Well, Skye is just my nickname, really. My name is actually Skyler. And my brother’s, similarly, is Kyle. We stopped using our real names after our parents’ deaths. They reminded us too much of…those harder times.

Rolf: Oh, I see… That’s understandable then. But cool to know!

Oscar: Agreed, even if it’s unexpected.

Fjorm: Indeed. I’m glad you trust us so.

By the way, yes, I realize that gag in Azura's S conversation wouldn't actually work unless her name is the same as Fates Azura in both English and Japanese (which means in Japanese, Azura would have to be called Aqua). But maybe it would happen, who knows? lol Their names ended up being the same in English because I created my Azura way before Fates was ever a thing.

Edited by Anacybele