Your favorite obscure FE character

Benice

Hm...I love Daisy from FE4. I love Patty too, but Daisy's design is really cute. 

Amalda and Sleuf from FE5. I love them both, but most of Thracia's characters besides Leif, Olwen, Reinhardt and Nanna are pretty obscure to be honest.

19 hours ago, Sir Gerwald of Vallora said:

Emma, the Cipher OC that was acnnonized as DLC for Shadows of Valentia. She's got a great design and a delightful personality, what more could you ask for?

Seconded! Emma is great!

I guess I'd say Bryce, the least relevant of the Daein Riders from PoR. I think the Camus archtype in general kinda appeals to me though, because I like Camus himself too.

Idk if he really counts as obscure, but I would say mine is Draug. I find hilarious how his base conversations with Kris portray him as an unbeatable wall, however, if you reclass him to anything but armour/general, he loses a lot of defence and gains a lot of speed, becoming a totally different unit.

Frey would be my first choice. He has a nice design and is a competent unit. His role as the canon decoy portrays him as very selfelss and brave, something I just have to recognize.

More obscure are Kempf and Nichol. Kempf has a cool design and became a jewel through a certain translation. Nichol has his design and was fun to use, there is not much reason behind, that I like him.

• 5 weeks later...

Are we talking about playable characters or NPCs/bosses here? 'Cause in terms of playable characters I REALLY don't think Miriel gets enough attention. She's one of the few characters in Awakening that I managed to get to their max level (the other two are my avatar and Nowi, I think???????) and it's not very epic gamer of people to just pretend she doesn't exist. (It's probably because she's not in Heroes isn't it)

As for NPCs/bosses... I can't really think of anyone that I don't only tolerate because of kinnie/simp bias. (As in, I'd absolutely HATE Excellus if I didn't call him hot on TokyWoky and Twitter.)

Edited by kuromiko

3 hours ago, kuromiko said:

Are we talking about playable characters or NPCs/bosses here? 'Cause in terms of playable characters I REALLY don't think Miriel gets enough attention. She's one of the few characters in Awakening that I managed to get to their max level (the other two are my avatar and Nowi, I think???????) and it's not very epic gamer of people to just pretend she doesn't exist. (It's probably because she's not in Heroes isn't it)

As for NPCs/bosses... I can't really think of anyone that I don't only tolerate because of kinnie/simp bias. (As in, I'd absolutely HATE Excellus if I didn't call him hot on TokyWoky and Twitter.)

I mean, it's moslty becuase of her relatively dry personality. She's mostly a one note character just being "science is cool". The only time she really breaks it is with Laurent. There's also the fact that she's made obsolete by better units pretty quickly.

• 1 month later...

Libra from Awakening is the first that came to mind. At first he seems like the boring devout priest cliche, which probably made a lot of people think he wasn't that interesting. As you get into his supports though, he starts to reveal more about himself, such as

Spoiler

how his parents believed he was possessed and abandoned him. No one ever loved him, and he was always alone until he became a priest and he clings onto it to help him through life.

He has a really interesting backstory only visible in supports, and it often gets overlooked. But that's understandable because grinding for those can be a pain.

On 10/31/2020 at 12:37 AM, ❀Umbra❀ said:

He has a really interesting backstory only visible in supports, and it often gets overlooked. But that's understandable because grinding for those can be a pain.

Plus he actually has a decent chain with Tharja of all people and their ending's nice imo.

Norne probably should be more obscure, but Heroes has put paid to that (plus I'm one of those people who has her +10)

I could probably point to half of the Thracia bosses, but I'm going to pick Jake this time, let's see him come back (Jake battalion in Genealogy so I can have Finn and Jake .:P).

• 2 weeks later...