Reason to hate Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude.

4 hours ago, Crysta said:

It's one person lmao

Being passive aggressive like this is also a good way to signal how little interest there is in actually arguing in good faith, but you do you

One person? The part I quoted in my previous post was referring to a certain type of Edelgard fans that I see every now and then(And I say certain type here, becasue not all of them are like that of course), which I can't say I think many good things of.  If you think that "type of Edelgard fans"I was talking about applies to you,  and that's how apparently I'm being passive aggressive, then I guess that's that. 

And pretty sure I wasn't trying to "argue" anything in this thread. I wasn't trying to convince anyone of anything. And yes, I'll continue to do me. 

Edited by Rose482

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, yes... I know why you prefer to keep it vague and general. You're much less likely to be confronted for it that way.

Though you are right, though, you don't seem particularly keen on arguing for anything. My bad.

How DARES anyone defend Edelgard??

On 7/24/2020 at 4:11 PM, Rose482 said:

't call them out like that. Let them continue to live the "changing the system and taking down  the evil church" fantasy they love to live. 

Who are you to say if anyone is allowed to defend Edelgard or not pal?

To me it more looks like there are some people around here that are so obsessed with hating Edelgard that have now moved on to hating her fans as well.

Edited by Nickdos

35 minutes ago, Nickdos said:

To me it more looks like there are some people around here that are so obsessed with hating Edelgard that have now moved on to hating her fans as well.

Yes, I totally said in that post of mine that people aren't allowed to "defend" Edelgard. That was totally what I was trying to say.

Edited by Rose482

54 minutes ago, Nickdos said:

You haven't been around the 3H forums much I take it?

This has gotten bad because of Edelgard fans continually bashing other characters in their defense of Edelgard while also making excuses for most if not all of her actions. That makes her fans look bad and reflects badly on her character as well. Edelgard is a well written character that is taking a pretty hard knock because many of her fans refuse to allow people to hold even a somewhat negative opinion of her. They'll claim that it's because people always talk crap about Edelgard but that hasn't been a thing since the first couple months after the game came out and now even legitimate criticism or disagreement with her character and actions are "Edelgard bashing". That's why her fans are catching so much crap.

There's plenty of reasons to hate each of the lords, not just the main 3 (including Rhea in this because she's a main character too). Edelgard is stubborn and arrogant with a savior complex, Dimitri goes insane and slaughters people, Claude, Rhea kills dissidents in the church without much of a trial and refuses to talk to those she feels betrays her.

Just kidding, though Claude is the least problematic of the 4 he's not everything he's talked up to be and leaves at the end of VW in what is the dumbest ending for a character since Ike in Radiant Dawn.

4 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

This has gotten bad because of Edelgard fans continually bashing other characters in their defense of Edelgard while also making excuses for most if not all of her actions. That makes her fans look bad and reflects badly on her character as well. Edelgard is a well written character that is taking a pretty hard knock because many of her fans refuse to allow people to hold even a somewhat negative opinion of her. They'll claim that it's because people always talk crap about Edelgard but that hasn't been a thing since the first couple months after the game came out and now even legitimate criticism or disagreement with her character and actions are "Edelgard bashing". That's why her fans are catching so much crap.

There have been people bashing all three lords not just here but pretty much everywhere on the internet.   It really doesn't help to act like its exclusive to any one of them when that is not the problem. All that does is make it look like you are not going to listen to people who support that lord who have also been on the receiving end of some nastiness.  

34 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

You haven't been around the 3H forums much I take it?

Well; we can't deny that indeed happened. I think this is part of the reason why Edelgard's Reddit is like the only character-specific FE Reddit that has activity beyond fan art, (some people ended up abandoning Main Reddit during these times).

This where I believe this whole "Edelgard paranoia" (for the lack of a better term) started.

In the end, it had a big effect in how discussions about her are started and done until the present day (from both sides. I'm not taking one right now).

Edited by Troykv

40 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

There have been people bashing all three lords not just here but pretty much everywhere on the internet.   It really doesn't help to act like its exclusive to any one of them when that is not the problem. All that does is make it look like you are not going to listen to people who support that lord who have also been on the receiving end of some nastiness.  

Yeah but in recent months it has been the Edelgard fans being the worst. And if it seems like I'm not going to support that it's because I'm not. No amount of nastiness your favorite lord receives is a justification for you being nasty in return. They're fictional characters and people need to get over taking criticisms of fictional characters so personally.

21 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Well; we can't deny that indeed happened. I think this is part of the reason why Edelgard's Reddit is like the only character-specific FE Reddit that has activity beyond fan art, (some people ended up abandoning Main Reddit during these times).

This where I believe this whole "Edelgard paranoia" (for the lack of a better term) started.

In the end, it had a big effect in how discussions about her are started and done until the present day (from both sides. I'm not taking one right now).

Reddit definitely had a big effect on it, on all sides of the matter. Unfortunately it seems like Reddit problems refuse to stay on Reddit where they belong and have this nasty habit of leaking onto other forums like here... >.> But the fact remains that the Reddit mindset in general is pretty toxic (a lot of the time, not always) and leaking it other places generally just makes everyone look bad.

Ah but anyway, as I mentioned before there are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike or hate all of the main characters. My personal favorite to bash is actually Claude and that's just because he's the weakest in terms of connection to the story. Still love the guy.

You know, there is something that I wanna get out that I find to be extremely annoying with one of the three lords. And it's nothing about debates or such. Nope. It's a very simple reason, and sadly, it's dumb. 

Claude, the man that I end up annoyed with simply because of how IS ruined him through the dumbest way possible: memes.

Like, wow. Show a guy being upside down once, and never live it down.

Does not help that the localization toned down a lot more of his ominous and more slightly shadier tone. It's like, now Claude is more widely known for memes. Not for his character or personality. Just memes.

21 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Yeah but in recent months it has been the Edelgard fans being the worst. And if it seems like I'm not going to support that it's because I'm not. No amount of nastiness your favorite lord receives is a justification for you being nasty in return. They're fictional characters and people need to get over taking criticisms of fictional characters so personally.

That's kind of my point.  People turn a blind eye towards the hate that the group they are not in receive and this applies to all sides of this.   I don't think being nasty back helps anyone but I also don't think it helps anyone to not act like this problem doesn't in large stem also from nastiness they have got.  I dislike all the hate the lords get honestly but I think a large reason it doesn't stop is because other sides antagonize each other.  All sides have gotten there share of antagonize towards each other.  All that trying to blame one group does is turn it into a vicious cycle of blame that doesn't end the root problem of being rude and its not just one side that is at fault for this.  

Basically I think it is more of a larger picture problem of people being not nice towards each other.  The fix to this isn't to label or attack parts of the community but to just encourage people to be nicer to each other in general and more overall open mindedness.

Edited by vikingsfan92

49 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

That's kind of my point.  People turn a blind eye towards the hate that the group they are not in receive and this applies to all sides of this.   I don't think being nasty back helps anyone but I also don't think it helps anyone to not act like this problem doesn't in large stem also from nastiness they have got.  I dislike all the hate the lords get honestly but I think a large reason it doesn't stop is because other sides antagonize each other.  All sides have gotten there share of antagonize towards each other.  All that trying to blame one group does is turn it into a vicious cycle of blame that doesn't end the root problem of being rude and its not just one side that is at fault for this.  

... LMAO! XD

I'm sorry, but... this is so funny. And in an ironic way. 

Are we talking about the fanbase or the plot of Fire Emblem Three Houses? 

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

... LMAO! XD

I'm sorry, but... this is so funny. And in an ironic way. 

Are we talking about the fanbase or the plot of Fire Emblem Three Houses? 

More so fanbase with that particular point but I get that it could apply to the game itself at times.

2 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

More so fanbase with that particular point but I get that it could apply to the game itself at times.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. It was too funny. XD

But I do overall agree with what you're saying.

What a disgrace to this forum to house such petty back and forth "they started it first!" toxic exchanges about blanket term "xxx-fans", between what looks like hateful tribals. 

How pathetic.

Edited by Nickdos

1 hour ago, SRPG Tryhard said:

What a disgrace to this forum to house such petty back and forth "they started it first!" toxic exchanges about blanket term "xxx-fans", between what looks like hateful tribals. 

How pathetic.

K thx bye.

I liked/like the Claude memes.

How does it detract from his character? Make him not appear as super serious as the other two? I don’t think it’s hurt him.

VW isn’t generally considered the better route over SS for the memes.

Edited by Crysta

2 minutes ago, Crysta said:

I liked/like the Claude memes.

How does it detract from his character? Make him not appear as super serious as the other two? I don’t think it’s hurt him.

VW isn’t generally considered the better route over SS for the memes.

It's not that I think that VW is weak because of memes.

My issue is an annoyance of how the dumb memes have really messed up how people see Claude.

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

It's not that I think that VW is weak because of memes.

My issue is an annoyance of how the dumb memes have really messed up how people see Claude.

How so? He is meant to be a casual person who doesn't take himself too seriously. I don't think anyone thinks he's dumb, though.

2 minutes ago, Crysta said:

How so? He is meant to be a casual person who doesn't take himself too seriously. I don't think anyone thinks he's dumb, though.

He isn't dumb. But no one talks about some of the more ominous tones or shady things he's thinking, doing, or considering. They don't take the severity of some of the things he says, like how he coveted the Sword of the Creator, or that he really hopes for Rhea to be dead. 

Or how he actually planned on becoming Fodlan's supreme ruler. 

Quite a lot even insists that he's not serious about what he says. 

That's just because he can probably actually steal it and still come out of it comparatively golden when we consider the woman carrying out assassinations of her political opponents and allying herself with evil mole people to overthrow the world religion and the murder hobo going on a misguided rampage in the countryside.

The memes are really low on the totem pole of "things wrong with Claude", but the other two make it really hard to distinguish yourself if you want to make it as a morally questionable protagonist. 😞

Edited by Crysta

3 hours ago, Crysta said:

The memes are really low on the totem pole of "things wrong with Claude", but the other two make it really hard to distinguish yourself if you want to make it as a morally questionable protagonist. 😞

Basically this. Claude has his morally questionable side, but compared to Edelgard and Dimitri he looks like a peachy clean protagonist- especially considering you rarely actually see his schemes win the day. Yuri basically ended up being what people expected/wanted from Claude- visibly darker and more willing to get his hands dirty for a selfless cause

I guess what the memes did do is simplify his end goal to "kill racism", when it was a more personal quest to carve out his own place to belong in the world (by killing racism, but that's beside the point), but I wouldn't call it the sole factor in how people perceive him.

On 7/25/2020 at 6:43 PM, vikingsfan92 said:

Basically I think it is more of a larger picture problem of people being not nice towards each other.  The fix to this isn't to label or attack parts of the community but to just encourage people to be nicer to each other in general and more overall open mindedness.

Yeah it's honestly not fair to have one branch of the fandom being the focus point of being blamed when it's equally all the branches of the fandom attacking each other. We all know what fandoms are like with having a minority of idiots ruining the image of a fandom and the same applies to every branch of this fandom whilst the majority of people in each branch just want to have fun, have nice discussions and see nice artwork and besides people can defend there own lord here but the minority do take it to far and that applies to every branch of the fandom.

Edited by Smiling Caim

Reasons to hate the lord's my opinion

Edelgard - Starting a war, Slithers (these two general reasons)

Dimitri - Tortured people, redemption was not handled the best and no real end goal for Fodlan.

Claude - Goes of to Almyra when things go ugly, demanding the book (Byleth in grieve scene) too preachy clean in comparison to the other lord's.

Special mention Rhea - Her inactions.

I do love all these characters.

I don't have much to add because I don't hate flawed characters. I think disliking some flaws more than others is fine, though, and in that vein I probably like Dimitri the least because he's notably more weak-willed and short-sighted than the other two. The clear mental illness plaguing him just exacerbates it. "Hate" is a very strong word, though.

9 hours ago, Smiling Caim said:

Reasons to hate the lord's my opinion

Edelgard - Starting a war, Slithers (these two general reasons)

Dimitri - Tortured people, redemption was not handled the best and no real end goal for Fodlan.

Claude - Goes of to Almyra when things go ugly, demanding the book (Byleth in grieve scene) too preachy clean in comparison to the other lord's.

Special mention Rhea - Her inactions.

I do love all these characters.

Some information I agree with this 3 lord, in Silver Snow we fight less students. Rhea must be apologies with Byleth and everyone, if Rhea die in SS she is agree to die and let the rest of Byleth because all her fault.