Minor Bosses you'd like to see

Jotari

Every playable character in the Fire Emblem series stands a reasonable chance of getting into the game. I think that's something of a given. It might take ten years. but Glade will be there eventually. Enemy and boss characters don't really have that luxury though. It's much rarer we see non playable characters get into the game (we're still waiting on multiple main antagonists like Nergal and Anankos). And considering the Fire Emblem series has the habbit of making a named enemy the boss of almost every single map in the franchise, there's a lot of really minor and unnoteworthy bosses in the series who will probably never get into the game. I think Mustafa has set the new low bar on this point on how minor a character can be to still get in. So with all that said, which among the minor bosses in the series would you like to see get in the game, or think have a reasonable chance to get into game due to banner association?

Personally I'd like to see Morzas or Xemcel. Two random dragon bosses from Shadow Dragon. Morzas ate Marth's mother which you'd think would make him a pretty important character, but he just appears in the one chapter with little dramatic stakes. Xemcel seems a bit more likely as he's the boss who guards Medeus's keep so I could see him getting in as a GHB if Medeus is a mythic. The reason I want either of these two is that I really like the Archanea mage dragon design and I'd like to see that in Heroes. Aside from these two Tiki is the only one that could pull it off and we have enough Tikis as is.

Aside from either of them I have some desire to see Cowen, Saias's grandfather. Mainly because he's virtually the only character in the series one could class as a canonical Staff Armour. Maybe if he'd talked to Reinhardt in that chapter he'd be in already >.>

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two generals from the siege of Tahra. Paulus and Baldack for our first GHB duo! Gomes too. Just, a bunch of Thracia bosses would be my first picks now that Mustafa's in. That does include Penta-Axe general. But let's go elsewhere.

Mannu, the dragon King of Pyrathi would be a manakete boss I'd like to see.

Jamke's brothers maybe? Certainly Chagall if he'll be a mage armour like they did in the Lost Lore this month. (Also Muhammad to get the game banned)

If we're picking on names, Boies, Glass, Dory and Damas are a meme team. Denning too. Serious Elibe picks are Sigune, Gel, Orlo, Gale, Fargus, Limstella, Kishuna and Teodor (Pascal just as a little shit)

Morva could be cool, corrupted beast and all. Aias could also be an option with the final banner when we'll likely get Artur and Saleh.

Nuibaba should be a consideration for any future SoV banner, especially if we get Zeke/Tatiana. She, Greith and Desaix got more in SoV, so who else would fit?

And Lang entirely so we can kill Cancer.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Schaeffer, because he'd attack by throwing priests at you. 

He should come with a unique C skill that grants Obstruct 3 to all Staff allies within 2 spaces of him

For myself, I will admit... I do think they should include Gazzak and Batta. First Fire Emblem boss period and the first Fire Emblem boss whose home game was released worldwide. Even if only as subpar GHB characters. Actually especially as subpar GHB characters

Cimbaeth and Munnir would both be neat to see, since they kinda go with Jamke... I realize these are all axe-users, oops

Including... really any Ambiguously-Gay Bandit Duo as a Duo Hero would be fun I think! Oh, and Georg and Kaim would be legitimately really interesting! I'd love to see them get, like, any characterization at all besides "whacking intruders with this Tomahawk is the entire reason for my existence".

Oh... those are all still axe users.

For some non-axe users... Really, any of the capturable bosses from Fates would be cool to see, plus Omozu! In particular, I'd love to Candace, Nichol, Kumagera, or Zhara

...I say, and then proceed to include two more axe-users in my list of wanted characters

Edited by Topaz Light

I think I got some ideas down that what minor bosses from the Fire Emblem series that I wanted to see them playable in Heroes. Here's my thoughts about the list:

• Brigand Boss from Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (he did first shown in the Choose Your Legends Round 2)
  • Rucke from The Mystery of the Emblem
  • Coruta from Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776
  • Ain from The Binding Blade
  • Erik from The Binding Blade (older) or The Blazing Blade (younger)
  • Tirado from The Sacred Stones
  • Havetti from Path of Radiance (since he did made a cameo in official Awakening website as a guest with Anna talking about the maps)
  • Garrick from Awakening
  • Anthony from Fates: Revelation

Unfortunately, a number of the ones I want fail the "being on CYL" test. Out of the ones that don't... Do Lombard, Murdock, Limstella, and Petrine count as minor enough?

Edited by Othin

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Orlo

"No... I'm too brilliant to die go into a gatcha game..."

Wait, hold up, that's Martel. Too many recolors!

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Aias could also be an option with the final banner when we'll likely get Artur and Saleh.

I suppose Caellach could too...Although I'm not too sure he qualifies as minor.

Anyways, the ones I thought of first were Tirado, Glass and Martel, the last two mostly for the memes.

The only minor boss I really want is Shiharim as a GHB for a banner that adds Jill, though considering he's not even an option on CYL, it's extremely unlikely.

Although I will say that I wouldn't be against Nuibaba if it meant Tatiana being added as well 😛

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

The two generals from the siege of Tahra. Paulus and Baldack for our first GHB duo! Gomes too. Just, a bunch of Thracia bosses would be my first picks now that Mustafa's in. That does include Penta-Axe general. But let's go elsewhere.

Mannu, the dragon King of Pyrathi would be a manakete boss I'd like to see.

Jamke's brothers maybe? Certainly Chagall if he'll be a mage armour like they did in the Lost Lore this month. (Also Muhammad to get the game banned)

If we're picking on names, Boies, Glass, Dory and Damas are a meme team. Denning too. Serious Elibe picks are Sigune, Gel, Orlo, Gale, Fargus, Limstella, Kishuna and Teodor (Pascal just as a little shit)

Morva could be cool, corrupted beast and all. Aias could also be an option with the final banner when we'll likely get Artur and Saleh.

Nuibaba should be a consideration for any future SoV banner, especially if we get Zeke/Tatiana. She, Greith and Desaix got more in SoV, so who else would fit?

And Lang entirely so we can kill Cancer.

Glass I actually ow key do want so we can get the Mani Katti in the game without resorting to another Lyn.

6 hours ago, Topaz Light said:

Including... really any Ambiguously-Gay Bandit Duo as a Duo Hero would be fun I think! Oh, and Georg and Kaim would be legitimately really interesting! I'd love to see them get, like, any characterization at all besides "whacking intruders with this Tomahawk is the entire reason for my existence".

I think Pain and Agony would work best as choices for the bandit duo given they're laguz and the pool of potential beast monsters is already very shallow.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Unfortunately, a number of the ones I want fail the "being on CYL" test. Out of the ones that don't... Do Lombard, Murdock, Limstella, and Petrine count as minor enough?

Well Mustafa was on the Choose Your Legends poll, and not actually even on the final page of it, probably because he's from Awakening. I think the least popular character by CYL that's gotten in is Kempf, but given he has two chapters to himself and appears in a third I reckon he is more major a character than Mustafa.

Edited by Jotari

8 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well Mustafa was on the Choose Your Legends poll, and not actually even on the final page of it, probably because he's from Awakening. I think the least popular character by CYL that's gotten in is Kempf, but given he has two chapters to himself and appears in a third I reckon he is more major a character than Mustafa.

Interesting way of looking at it.

Looking at CYL3 (since CYL4 was after Kempf was added and less than six months before Mustafa was added), Mustafa was rank 364 with 437 votes while Kempf was rank 424 with 280 votes. Given that Awakening is a way more popular game than Thracia, Kempf's popularity within his game seems to have already been a lot more than Mustafa's.

The enemy-only characters with CYL3 vote counts between those two (who hadn't been added as of CYL3) are Nuibaba (385), Arion (381), Eremiya (366), Validar and Cervantes (both 360), Marla (348), Jedah (303), and Galle (301). While some of those are more major, the group does make for an interesting comparison, especially now that we've gotten Eremiya in the game as well. Speaking personally, Arion, Validar, and Jedah are all characters I hope will join eventually, and I can see appeal in Cervantes and Galle as well.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Interesting way of looking at it.

Looking at CYL3 (since CYL4 was after Kempf was added and less than six months before Mustafa was added), Mustafa was rank 364 with 437 votes while Kempf was rank 424 with 280 votes. Given that Awakening is a way more popular game than Thracia, Kempf's popularity within his game seems to have already been a lot more than Mustafa's.

The enemy-only characters with CYL3 vote counts between those two (who hadn't been added as of CYL3) are Nuibaba (385), Arion (381), Eremiya (366), Validar and Cervantes (both 360), Marla (348), Jedah (303), and Galle (301). While some of those are more major, the group does make for an interesting comparison, especially now that we've gotten Eremiya in the game as well. Speaking personally, Arion, Validar, and Jedah are all characters I hope will join eventually, and I can see appeal in Cervantes and Galle as well.

Arion and Jedah I'd be down for. Validar though, eww

Just now, Gregster101 said:

Arion and Jedah I'd be down for. Validar though, eww

He's a major villain. I welcome all significant characters, no matter how unpleasant.

8 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Schaeffer, because he'd attack by throwing priests at you. 

So his GHB will have a lot of clerics with dazzling and restore staves charging up miracle. Now that would be an interesting map. 

OT: What about Alder, Jarod's underling? 

Edited by Icelerate

24 minutes ago, Othin said:

He's a major villain. I welcome all significant characters, no matter how unpleasant.

But we really need Nergal first. Now that Ashnard in it Nergal stands as one of the most inconspicuous absences.

By the by, another one I'd like is Grigas. As I kind of want ballistas to fill the niche of armoured bow users

Huh. And apparently trying to embed a link in text brings you to the main page now.

17 minutes ago, Jotari said:

But we really need Nergal first. Now that Ashnard in it Nergal stands as one of the most inconspicuous absences.

By the by, another one I'd like is Grigas. As I kind of want ballistas to fill the niche of armoured bow users

Huh. And apparently trying to embed a link in text brings you to the main page now.

Yeah I'm honestly surprised we still don't have Nergal considering he's the first main villain for the western FE community. If anyone between the two of Nergal and Validar should get in first, it damn well should be Nergal.

7 hours ago, Othin said:

Murdock, Limstella, and Petrine are major antagonists not minor bosses. Mustafa is a minor boss for example since he only appeared in one chapter in Awakening, he doesn't have a major role in Awakening.

28 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Murdock, Limstella, and Petrine are major antagonists not minor bosses. Mustafa is a minor boss for example since he only appeared in one chapter in Awakening, he doesn't have a major role in Awakening.

Yeah, pretty much. End game generals who have had a lot of screen time in the story you'd kind of expect. This thread would be more characters who you don't really expect to but hope.

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

So his GHB will have a lot of clerics with dazzling and restore staves charging up miracle. Now that would be an interesting map. 

OT: What about Alder, Jarod's underling? 

We never actually fight him, but I believe he's an armoured unit in game. If they could retool him as a Lance infantry that would be sweet. Heroes needs a hell of a lot more lance infantry and the pool of potential units is rather small due to it being typically an enemy only class with bosses being armoured. Given he dies for Jarod he could have a movest around being a major support unit.

Schaeferr (the map boss from PoR's ch22.) Has the best death quote and I want more lines from him.

I wrote the above before skimming the thread. @Fabulously Olivier, he would not throw priests. ... He'd throw babies. (Red dagger. Red because the Japanese word for "baby" is akachan, which basically means "little red.") And @Topaz Light I love that personal C skill idea. It needs to happen.

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

Indeed. I'm not sure why they've been holding off for so long.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, pretty much. End game generals who have had a lot of screen time in the story you'd kind of expect. This thread would be more characters who you don't really expect to but hope.

Fair enough.

Lombard is also a significant "endgame" boss of FE4 Gen 1, although he doesn't get much screentime and I don't think he's particularly likely anytime soon.