The Year is 2040. Ralf has finally been added to Heroes and dominates the metagame.

Jotari

Power creep combined with adding popular characters first means when we eventually add the more obscure characters to Heroes they're inexplicably going to trounce the more popular characters. Just like only a handful of units from Year 1 are still viable. I just find it sort of amusing.

Duo hero Dolph and Macellen break the meta with Armor March 8, allowing armor units with 2 spaces of each other access the entire map.

Meanwhile the 3-13 Archer becomes the only viable bow unit in the game, due a number of exclusive un-inheritable skills. He's only available for summoning if you have FE Pass.

Edited by Solvaij

19 hours ago, Solvaij said:

Meanwhile the 3-13 Archer becomes the only viable bow unit in the game, due a number of exclusive un-inheritable skills. He's only available for summoning if you have FE Pass.

Edited 19 hours ago by Solvaij

Gatekeeper comes with him and he's the only viable lancer for all the same reasons.

3 hours ago, PeaceRibbon said:

Don't worry, we'll be on Fire Emblem Heroes II at minimum by then. You won't even have to play that mess.

You assume I don't want to play that mess!

3 hours ago, JimmyBeans said:

Castor gets added with the "Flaming Parthia" and is on a horse.

I don't know if this is really clever on your part or a coincidental statement, but Parthia did cause whomever it hit to burst into flames on the NES, so that isn't actually too crazy a name to give Parthia.

The dramatic reveal of the dual unit Cervantes, and Cervantes's mustache opened up a brand new world for dual units, although many complain they shouldn't count. Then again who could argue with the dual unit Lucina and Lucina's transforming "Marth" hair, with the hair itself being the primary attacker.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

I don't know if this is really clever on your part or a coincidental statement, but Parthia did cause whomever it hit to burst into flames on the NES, so that isn't actually too crazy a name to give Parthia.

Ya didn't the blessed bow do that in gaiden as well?

• 1 month later...

I've just noticed that Heroes preference for female characters versus the majority of Fire Emblem characters being male means eventually literally all the female characters will run out and absolutely every banner will be a sausage fest. This has actually happened already for the playable case of Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia iirc.

Edited by Jotari

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

I've just noticed that Heroes preference for female characters versus the majority of Fire Emblem characters being male means eventually literally all the female characters will run out and absolutely every banner will be a sausage fest. This has actually happened already for the playable case of Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia iirc.

Nah, it'll just be a bunch of alts.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Nah, it'll just be a bunch of alts.

If by bunch you mean nothing but Camilla, Tiki and Edelgard on endless rotation.

Edited by Jotari

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2020 at 8:31 AM, Jotari said:

Give me sausage fests please.