• Rhys: Gentle Basker
    • Lute: Summer Prodigy
    • Joshua: Tropical Gambler
    • Byleth: Fell Star's Duo
    • Dorothea: Solar Songstress
    • Sylvain: Hanging with Tens
    • Lorenz: Highborn Heat

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/06/2020 at 02:59 AM

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SockPuppet said:

Omg I can’t believe Sylvain lost LOL!

Why is it "LOL"? I think it's incredibly disappointing and unexpected. Lorenz was a much smaller team and much worse character. This is why the multiplier system still needs changes. It punishes the bigger teams more often than not. Oh, and anybody thinking that I'm pissed, I'm not. I'm only sad.

Every single team I would have joined lost, so I'm not participating. I'm just not inclined to play this mode if I have to join a team I don't care for.

Edited by Anacybele

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why is it "LOL"? I think it's incredibly disappointing and unexpected. Lorenz was a much smaller team and much worse character. This is why the multiplier system still needs changes. It punishes the bigger teams more often than not. Oh, and anybody thinking that I'm pissed, I'm not. I'm only sad.

Every single team I would have joined lost, so I'm not participating. I'm just not inclined to play this mode if I have to join a team I don't care for.

I can't help but laugh at how certain I was that Sylvain was going to beat Lorenz! Indeed, the multiplier system got us this time around... 

Edited by SockPuppet

2 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

I can't help but laugh at how certain I was that Sylvain was going to beat Lorenz! Indeed, the multiplier system got us this time around... 

Oh. Well, that makes more sense then. For me, it wouldn't be as bad if we'd lost to a larger team or a character I like. I don't dislike Lorenz a lot, but I'm no fan of him and his stupid haircut and stupid speedo.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Ditto. Except in this case, it was the one character I had every intention of supporting.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Ditto. Except in this case, it was the one character I had every intention of supporting.

Yeah.

I actually might have jumped to duo Byleth since I like her and Rhea, but once again, I'd be looking at Lorenz's dumb punchable face and right after he screwed over my beloved redhead. So I'm not ready for that yet.

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

11 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

You know you guys could continue just for the orbs right? Dorothea lost, yet I'm still playing just so I could have as many orbs for my Jill and Patty stash

Just now, Gregster101 said:

You know you guys could continue just for the orbs right? Dorothea lost, yet I'm still playing just so I could have as many orbs for my Jill and Patty stash

Of course I know that. I'm reminded like every single time I decide to ignore a round or more of a VG... But I don't mind missing out on a measly 8 orbs (since I got the four from the first round in this case).

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Of course I know that. I'm reminded like every single time I decide to ignore a round or more of a VG... But I don't mind missing out on a measly 8 orbs (since I got the four from the first round in this case).

Yes and you also have mentioned multiple times that you’re always short on stuff like sacred coins, which you are now leaving 90 of to waste. That’s almost an entire upgrade from 2 to 3 for a seal. And what does it cost? Autobattling 4 times With a lvl 1 unit (since your friends list gives you a lvl 40 unit it’s an easy wipe) and you do not need to spend flags. So on a non multiplier you are at most contributing 400/500 points to a mode that racks numbers into the tens of millions.

7 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Yes and you also have mentioned multiple times that you’re always short on stuff like sacred coins, which you are now leaving 90 of to waste. That’s almost an entire upgrade from 2 to 3 for a seal. And what does it cost? Autobattling 4 times With a lvl 1 unit (since your friends list gives you a lvl 40 unit it’s an easy wipe) and you do not need to spend flags. So on a non multiplier you are at most contributing 400/500 points to a mode that racks numbers into the tens of millions.

I used to, yeah. But actually, these days, I haven't wanted to upgrade as many seals as I used to, so I'm not in so much need. I've pretty much upgraded all the ones I wanted to at this point.

I. HATE.  Supporting. REDS.

WHY IN THE GODDAMN DO PEOPLE KEEP LEAVING REDS AS THEIR SUPPORT UNIT ON A RED TEAM. Not even good reds either, I'd be okay with good reds cause then at least they're trying, but I seen AT LEAST a few un-SIed Alfonses with my built Summer Byleth/Rhea.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I used to, yeah. But actually, these days, I haven't wanted to upgrade as many seals as I used to, so I'm not in so much need. I've pretty much upgraded all the ones I wanted to at this point.

What about refining stones? Not trying to sway your position, I'm genuinely curious. Feels like these days there's at least one new refinable weapon per month that I wanna keep an eye on (this month it's Legion, next month it's Brave Celica) and that means keeping around 200 stones or dew in case they are actually interesting or good.
...then again at the same time I can't seem to actually decide on a normal weapon I'd be down for refining, and I gotta force myself to refine another staff...

Edited by Xenomata

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

What about refining stones? Not trying to sway your position, I'm genuinely curious. Feels like these days there's at least one new refinable weapon per month that I wanna keep an eye on (this month it's Legion, next month it's Brave Celica) and that means keeping around 200 stones or dew in case they are actually interesting or good.
...then again at the same time I can't seem to actually decide on a normal weapon I'd be down for refining, and I gotta force myself to refine another staff...

Those refines don't use refining stones though. They use dew. And for the weapons that DO use refining stones, I haven't needed to refine many of them. And there really needs to be more ways to get dew. The only good way is to refine weapons with refining stones. I don't want to waste refining stones on a weapon that I'll hardly or never use just to get dew for another weapon. It feels like a waste.

38 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

uhhh wut? But everytime a G/B/L/MHB is too hard you complained because of missing out on orbs?!?!?!?!

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

uhhh wut? But everytime a G/B/L/MHB is too hard you complained because of missing out on orbs?!?!?!?!

And sometimes I leave them to try to obtain the next time that GHB or MHB comes around. Like I skipped some orbs from Thrasir's until her recent return. I got them now.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Those refines don't use refining stones though. They use dew. And for the weapons that DO use refining stones, I haven't needed to refine many of them. And there really needs to be more ways to get dew. The only good way is to refine weapons with refining stones. I don't want to waste refining stones on a weapon that I'll hardly or never use just to get dew for another weapon. It feels like a waste.

Yeah but that's the thing, if you want Divine Dews in any decent amount of time you need to use Refining Stones. Maybe you can get enough dew together if you still have some unbeaten Blessed Garden maps unbeaten, but otherwise it's what 25 or 30 dew every few weeks of Allegiance Battles or Resonant Battles, 35 dew every Feh Pass cycle?
And really... eh. These days the best inheritable weapons either can't be refined (Firesweep, Brave) or are either 5* exclusive or seasonal, ergo I'm sure as hell not gonna have them anytime soon, so I stopped caring about what it is I'm refining a while ago. Turns out having every book 1 and 2 unit means you won't run dry of disposable refining stone refines anytime soon (doesn't stop me from wondering what it is I should be refining anyway...)

Edited by Xenomata

You guys should give me all your extra refining stones then. I've hit quite the shortage of them. And yes, I do need them to refine some staves and seasonal weapons and Norne.

Edited by Sunwoo

37 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I. HATE.  Supporting. REDS.

WHY IN THE GODDAMN DO PEOPLE KEEP LEAVING REDS AS THEIR SUPPORT UNIT ON A RED TEAM. Not even good reds either, I'd be okay with good reds cause then at least they're trying, but I seen AT LEAST a few un-SIed Alfonses with my built Summer Byleth/Rhea.

I can tell you things aren't much better over on Team Mia & Marth, at least in my experience. I had to kick two people from my friend list early on because they insisted on having colorless leads. I've also seen Brave Lyn (and Brave Veronica to a lesser extent) as the rando unit far too often in addition to the usual idiots who lead with the team mascot. Oh and even though I'm not on a red team like you, I really despise seeing Alfonse as the rando as well.