Jump to content

Dancer class  

15 members have voted

  1. 1. Which character did you choose most often as a dancer ?

    • Edelgard
      0
    • Dorothea
    • Petra
      0
    • Dimitri
      0
    • Felix
      0
    • Annette
      0
    • Claude
      0
    • Ignatz
    • Marianne
    • Hilda
      0
    • Flayn
    • Yuri
      0
    • Other characters (Comment)


Recommended Posts

The only character I've chosen as a dancer more than once is Ferdinand. If you train up his sword rank (which he's strong at), you can stack Sword Prowess, Sword Avo+20, and his personal skill to have a dancer whose durability you never need to worry about, all for very little investment. Since he's also strong in Riding, he gets to Move+1 easily as well. No other broadly available character does the dodge-tank dancer build better IMO, since you don't want your dancer to be activating Alert Stance as their turn is too valuable for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

The only character I've chosen as a dancer more than once is Ferdinand. If you train up his sword rank (which he's strong at), you can stack Sword Prowess, Sword Avo+20, and his personal skill to have a dancer whose durability you never need to worry about, all for very little investment. Since he's also strong in Riding, he gets to Move+1 easily as well. No other broadly available character does the dodge-tank dancer build better IMO, since you don't want your dancer to be activating Alert Stance as their turn is too valuable for that.

This sounds amazing. I kinda dislike the idea of using Ferdinand as a dancer since he can be pretty strong physically, but I've heard of this setup before and it doesn't sound awesome. I'll have to try it some time.

Since dancer can use magic, I like to have my dancer double as a support healer too. For that purpose I've used Flayn during my AM run and plan on using Marianne for my current GD run. Didn't vote in the poll though since that's only two separate cases. Look forward to see what others say.

Edited by Owns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to not repeat dancers, but I like making Ignatz a dancer. He's someone that's a little hard to make builds for because he's not particularly strong or fast, but I still like using him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I tend to not repeat dancers, but I like making Ignatz a dancer. He's someone that's a little hard to make builds for because he's not particularly strong or fast, but I still like using him.

Totally second this. Ignatz is a great dancer - he has Physic, can reasonably get 90 avo by endgame with Sword Avo + 20, and uses Levin Sword+ better than most sword users just in case you're forced to attack/linked attack but still need to have an enemy phase.

Lysithea and Annette both work just fine as dancers (though obviously it's not optimal for either of them). 

I don't repeat dancers either, but I'm really excited to try dancer Yuri on my current run.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done about a dozen playthroughs of 3H, and I believe I only made Ingrid a dancer twice. Might become 3 for my soon to be flyers only playthrough.

Most of my runs I just pick a dancer as a joke, since I often play 1 class only playthroughs and they don't use swords.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2020 at 6:49 AM, haarhaarhaar said:

I don't repeat dancers either, but I'm really excited to try dancer Yuri on my current run.

I'll third that! I try to make everyone a different class each playthrough. As for whom I've made a dancer...

First playthrough (GD) was Annette, because she was cute and I had no idea what I was doing. Picking between Dancing and Rallying was the eternal struggle.

Second time (CF), I chose Ferdinand. Lore-wise, I imagined Edelgard wanting to humiliate her rival, as she did his father. But joke's on her, he nakes a great dancer.

Third playthrough (AM) I picked Hilda, because she mentions wanting to dance at every choir practice. She was just alright, bjt damn if she didn't have style.

Fourth round (SS), and Linhardt is dancing for me. I pumped up his Charm with tea, and inflated his Riding rank with NG+. And finally having the Fetters of Dromi is neato.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, I've done Marianne as a Dancer, she was very good at what she did for me. I tend to usually get Linhardt or Hapi as my main healer since they both carry Physic and Warp. I do like Marianne as a healer as well, Physic and Silence are also good tools, but I want to capitalize more on her Hero's Relic sword. Technically there is Mortal Savant Marianne to further buff her sword attacks as well as keeping her magic, but I like to use her as a support unit. I am torn between Bishop and Dancer but I am leaning towards Dancer for her.

I did use Ferdinand as a Dancer but only for Sword Avoid + 20. I was testing out his evade prowess as a Swordmaster and the enemy literally had 0 hit on him when he's at full health. Of course I was testing it out on Normal mode. I would imagine that if that combo would work he'd be better off as a Wyvern Lord. Missing out on Axefaire damage sucks but his evade would sky rocket even on hard or maddening. Though Swift Strikes is better at damaging things than dodging things for some people.

I am going to try Dorothea next since I have heard good things about her with linked attacks and all. Maybe Yuri on another playthrough since he has Fetters of Dromi and he can just run away afterwards. Though that can also mean that Yuri should be able to transition to Swordmaster or Assassin far better since sword avoid makes him a dodge tank in addition to having aegis and pavise in his back pocket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Silver Star said:

I like to make Marianne my dancer as the outfit looks good on her, also her strengths in faith, swords and riding (for +1 mov) makes it a no brainer.

Same here. The most simple build for her would be something like Sword Prowess Level 5, Sword Avoid +20, Magic +2/Axebreaker, Special Dance, Movement +1 with a March Ring. There you go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flayn first run like a dumbass. Never even deployed her.

Now Ingrid. She's not dancing, but gotta love that sword avoid 20 and sword dance is a good combat art.

Next run I'm not sure who.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flayn was the first character I used, and she's actually quite a good pick overall. She starts with relatively high Charm, and the ability to use light magic makes her very good as a support unit, keeping behind the front lines. Also, you get the irony having Flayn as a dancer. I always wondered what Seteth would think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went with Dorothea on my first run (CF) and I regretted it. She's just too good a spellcaster to be dancing all the time. I promoted her to Gremory first chance I got and never switched back. I'm planning on making Flayn my dancer for AM (dancing and healing only) and Lysithea for my second CF run (not for dancing, just to pick up Sword Avoid on her road to Gremory).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

Went with Dorothea on my first run (CF) and I regretted it. She's just too good a spellcaster to be dancing all the time. I promoted her to Gremory first chance I got and never switched back. I'm planning on making Flayn my dancer for AM (dancing and healing only) and Lysithea for my second CF run (not for dancing, just to pick up Sword Avoid on her road to Gremory).

Wouldn't sword avoid Lysithea be better for her as a mortal savant? Of course Mortal Savant isn't really a great choice for her anyways since it decreases her speed. Plus if you're going for Lysithea as a gremory, I wouldn't even bother making her a dancer. If you're looking for other dancer candidates, I personally like Marianne. Other good candidates are Ingrid (if you're not making her a flier), Ferdinand since confidence is backed up by sword avoid. Yuri is another good candidate since he has the Fetters of Dromi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barren said:

Yuri is another good candidate since he has the Fetters of Dromi

Reminder that anyone with a Crest can utilize the Fetters freely.

However, I do think Yuri is still a good option for a Dancer, since he has, like, 3 other options otherwise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

Reminder that anyone with a Crest can utilize the Fetters freely.

However, I do think Yuri is still a good option for a Dancer, since he has, like, 3 other options otherwise?

Ahh that's right. Good to note. Yuri could go either Assassin, Trickster, or even Mortal Savant believe it or not since he'll benefit from sword avoid regardless. Other decent options for him could be Sniper if you would rather have him use dead eye or hunter's volley or grappler to improve his strength even further

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Barren said:

Ahh that's right. Good to note. Yuri could go either Assassin, Trickster, or even Mortal Savant believe it or not since he'll benefit from sword avoid regardless. Other decent options for him could be Sniper if you would rather have him use dead eye or hunter's volley or grappler to improve his strength even further

Yeah. There’s also Swordmaster, but that’s probably not the best thing he can take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

Yeah. There’s also Swordmaster, but that’s probably not the best thing he can take.

Agreed. Having 5 move while not terrible, pales in comparison to having 7 to 8 move when flying/riding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Barren said:

Wouldn't sword avoid Lysithea be better for her as a mortal savant? Of course Mortal Savant isn't really a great choice for her anyways since it decreases her speed. Plus if you're going for Lysithea as a gremory, I wouldn't even bother making her a dancer. If you're looking for other dancer candidates, I personally like Marianne. Other good candidates are Ingrid (if you're not making her a flier), Ferdinand since confidence is backed up by sword avoid. Yuri is another good candidate since he has the Fetters of Dromi

Dancer feels like a waste on Marianne and Ingrid imo since they're both such great units that dancing's the last thing I'd have them do. Ferdie is benched (gave him the butler outfit and everything) and I'm giving the Fetters to Byleth with a crest sign. I don't necessarily need a dancer who dances, so I'm just getting Lys the dancer cert for the Sword Avoid. I already bought back her A's in faith and reason so I decided I'd put her through some other classes to boost her evasion just as a safety net since she's so squishy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

Dancer feels like a waste on Marianne and Ingrid imo since they're both such great units that dancing's the last thing I'd have them do. Ferdie is benched (gave him the butler outfit and everything) and I'm giving the Fetters to Byleth with a crest sign. I don't necessarily need a dancer who dances, so I'm just getting Lys the dancer cert for the Sword Avoid. I already bought back her A's in faith and reason so I decided I'd put her through some other classes to boost her evasion just as a safety net since she's so squishy.

I’m actually inclined to agree about Marianne. She has a few options she can go for besides dancing.

It’s between her and Lorenz for VW, tbh. Lorenz just has fewer options, with somewhat lesser results gained from them.
Ignatz and Raphael, I can actually feel doing work as a Sniper and Grappler just fine, maybe with other things on the side.

I’ve literally mentioned half of the Golden Deer class. And they are all considered at least “acceptable” candidates to become dancers to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

I’m actually inclined to agree about Marianne. She has a few options she can go for besides dancing.

It’s between her and Lorenz for VW, tbh. Lorenz just has fewer options, with somewhat lesser results gained from them.
Ignatz and Raphael, I can actually feel doing work as a Sniper and Grappler just fine, maybe with other things on the side.

I’ve literally mentioned half of the Golden Deer class. And they are all considered at least “acceptable” candidates to become dancers to me.

I can agree to the idea that Marianne can go in other classes other than dancer. My reasoning was that she had a boon in riding and swords so I felt that it was worth trying out. Plus I had Linhardt recruited at that point and even though his growths aren't that great (nothing he has are over 50%), he at least can pull off 2x of physic and warp. So he was a decent enough choice to replace her as a healer for me. I never tried Lorenz as a dancer so I can't really comment on how he'll do. Though if I did go with it, I'd probably just give him the standard dancer build of sword prowess, sword avoid, special dance, axebreaker and movement +1.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...