A New Mythic Hero Arrives: Hel: Death Sovereign (July 30th)

Anacybele

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I was kinda waiting for Hel to be added, but I probably won't pull for her- it's not like I have any orbs anyway.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

CC on Legendary Claude plz (watch it's inbuilt into his weapon)

YES. This would be awesome. We do need more Close Counter fodder too. I don't get why this skill isn't being made more available when Distant Counter is basically everywhere now. Though I'd merge Claude before foddering him...

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If nothing else, she’ll be another potential source of Distant Counter for those of us who don’t give a single shit about her (like me of course).

Oh, and how crafty of them to give her a technically new weapon (even if it’s just her old one but now with Iote’s Shield because fuck you) to avoid removing the “enemy only” tag on her original weapon. I knew I was right to keep my expectations low.

Don't forget Guard Bearing with DC... if you can find someone to use that niche skill.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ashera would be Light to be opposite to Yune's Dark.

But Mila is Light despite Duma being Anima, I don't think IS give them their blessings based if they have a related mythic in one particular season.

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Oh yeah, I'm also disappointed we still only have two Astra Mythics. The number of choices there is far too low and disproportionate to Dark and Anima.

That Astra mythic is better be a goddamn dancer.

Watch IS giving us the first armor dancer in Astra out of pure spite.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I've heard a theory that the developers are punishing us for the free Altina

Ah man, I knew we should all have voted for Edelgard, the OBVIOUS best choice in the pool.

11 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

and what did we say?  They created guard bearing just to have an annoying AI wear it and poof. Hel. That MHB is going to be so much fun. /s. 
DC is on everyone but Close Counter is still on like what? 3 units + 2 Close Foil?  We still don't have Sturdy Impact on a Legendary Year. :clap

pick up the pace please!

Close Counter is on Takumi, Winter Tharja, Dancer Xander, NY Alfonse, and Legendary Chrom, So five total. 1 old regular, 3 seasonals, and 1 legendary.

Distant Counter, in contrast, is on 1 old regular (Hector), 3 current regulars (Nailah, Byleth M, Nagi), 5 seasonals (Valentine's Hector, Valentine's Ike, Halloween Hector, Winter Sothis, Anniversary Caeda), and now 5 legendary/mythics (Legendary Hector, Hrid, Lif, Seliph, Hel), for a total of 14.

In fairness, Distant Counter is a skill a lot more units want. And Close Foil is a pretty big upgrade over Close Counter.

Edited by Othin

Just now, Nym said:

But Mila is Light despite Duma being Anima, I don't think IS give them their blessings based if they have a related mythic in one particular season.

Ashera and Yune are even more opposite and closely related than those two are though. Mila and Duma are siblings, but Ashera and Yune are literally two halves of one whole. They're the split forms of Ashunera and pretty much meant to be opposite to one another because Ashunera split herself.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I've heard a theory that the developers are punishing us for the free Altina

Unlikely; if they didn't want us to have a free Altina, they wouldn't have made it possible for her to win because it was obvious people were going to vote for a free Astra Mythic.

They're more likely trying to make Dark Season harder by introducing a Mythic quickly that can help counter Mila. With 2 Hels, almost any +10 Dancer with +Def and Fort. Def stacking can stop a Neutral Mila. The sooner they slow down people from overrelying on Mila, the better

Edited by Landmaster

Have to say this legendary banner isn't bad at all in terms of colour distribution. Green and colourless have no bad unit whilst red and blue have nothing. Hel, Edelgard or Corrin as new unit would be nice, but I also I would gladly take an Eir merge. Though since I have to save for the brave heroes I only will pull all colourless and green orbs from the opening circle.

7 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Did we every learn who sings the theme?

Not the English one so far.

We do know the singer of the Japanese version of the song though. It's Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Alfonse).

Edited by Sentinel07

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ashera and Yune are even more opposite and closely related than those two are though. Mila and Duma are siblings, but Ashera and Yune are literally two halves of one whole. They're the split forms of Ashunera and pretty much meant to be opposite to one another because Ashunera split herself.

Again, I do not think it matters at all to IS.

They might however give Ashera a skill that is similar to Yune's C skill and maybe make her a tome unit but infantry. Just like Mila and Duma are both colorless dragons that affect something in a single cardinal line, but Duma is armor and Mila is infantry.

Plus you can expect the next Light Mythic to be the Book 5 OG freebie anyways.

Edited by Nym

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Does Heroes really care about making sense, though?

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Unlikely; if they didn't want us to have a free Altina, they wouldn't have made it possible for her to win because it was obvious people were going to vote for a free Astra Mythic.

They're more likely trying to make Dark Season harder by introducing a Mythic quickly that can help counter Mila. With 2 Hels, almost any +10 Dancer with +Def and Fort. Def stacking can stop a Neutral Mila. The sooner they slow down people from overrelying on Mila, the better

Fuck that, more feasible Isolation is exactly what AR needed.

Well, if it becomes that big of an issue, I can give her one or two slots of Fortress Def.

1 minute ago, Nym said:

Again, I do not think it matters at all to IS.

It might matter enough though. And I just think it should.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'd say it does for a majority of things. And whenever something doesn't make sense, it's usually for gameplay purposes. Like, it wouldn't at all be possible for the healers and herons to be completely unable to attack. They'd not be able to level up efficiently, or at all in the case of the herons. But in canon, basic healers can't attack in most games and herons can't period.

@Arhuhamel This is the banner you want to pull from if you want Legendary Roy.

As for me, it's an okay banner. I'll probably go for Hel but I will only pull until I get a 5*. After that, I'm back to hoarding.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Well, if it becomes that big of an issue, I can give her one or two slots of Fortress Def.

Give her fort def/res 3 if you have a spare copy. If not, then get a Kliff from Heroes path once you have saved enough papers. 

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

77C2aVx.png

Z1vi3Ph.png

May want to pop some merges on her, too

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It might matter enough though. And I just think it should.

Game design's decisions will always matter more than this sort of thing. If IS really wanted to put related mythics against each other, they would have give Mila an astra blessing. But since IS seems to want Astra to be the hard season and Light the easier season, they put her in light instead.

Doesn't mean she could never be in Light if she is chosen to be the 5th Light mythic, it just depends on her future kit or if someone is chosen before her.

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

Game design's decisions will always matter more than this sort of thing. If IS really wanted to put related mythics against each other, they would have give Mila an astra blessing. But since IS seems to want Astra to be the hard season and Light the easier season, they put her in light instead.

Doesn't mean she could never be in Light if she is chosen to be the 5th Light mythic, it just depends on her future kit or if someone is chosen before her.

I don't think making Ashera Light would negatively affect the game though.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think making Ashera Light would negatively affect the game though.

Never said that.

All I said is don't expect to her blessing to be based on Yune being dark, it will depend on her future kit or the others next mythics.

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

They're more likely trying to make Dark Season harder by introducing a Mythic quickly that can help counter Mila. With 2 Hels, almost any +10 Dancer with +Def and Fort Def stacking can stop a Neutral Mila. The sooner they slow down people from overrelying on Mila, the better

Even with Hel, it will still be difficult to try to counter both Mila and BB!Fjorm at the same time. I like that Mila and BB!Fjorm compliment each other by targeting different stats.

Hel is also still kind of a dead weight on the team since she cannot really do much besides providing Guidance or Orders. While Guidance and Orders are pretty good for mobility, it is still much weaker than Dance/Sing in my opinion. At least she is better than Sothis though, since Sothis cannot even provide mobility. Yune and Bramimond are still better in my opinion, since while they are not insanely punishing like SK!Alm, they are still capable fighters.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Even with Hel, it will still be difficult to try to counter both Mila and BB!Fjorm at the same time. I like that Mila and BB!Fjorm compliment each other by targeting different stats.

Hel is also still kind of a dead weight on the team since she cannot really do much besides providing Guidance or Orders. While Guidance and Orders are pretty good for mobility, it is still much weaker than Dance/Sing in my opinion. At least she is better than Sothis though, since Sothis cannot even provide mobility. Yune and Bramimond are still better in my opinion, since while they are not insanely punishing like SK!Alm, they are still capable fighters.

Hels role is different then the ones of existing Mythics. She can be a hardy bearing check (although Seliph does that better due to his high HP buffs) with Vantage or be an excellent WoM beacon. Bramimond and Sothis are pure offense and Yune is offense with a touch of support.

Summer Byleth looks like a pretty good counter to Hel. Red and desperation from the duo skill for the second hit to finish her off.  Thrasir who is also on the banner doesn't seem bad against Hel either with her killing intent active.

Hell is a dud and won’t make any impact on the meta, won’t be a big issue to need a counter for. 

She’ll probably help the player at times because you can grab the pots while Hell smacks a red tank and refuses to die.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

Hels role is different then the ones of existing Mythics. She can be a hardy bearing check (although Seliph does that better due to his high HP buffs) with Vantage or be an excellent WoM beacon. Bramimond and Sothis are pure offense and Yune is offense with a touch of support.

I guess she can be a decent frontliner to compliment or replace Seliph, but defensive units and teams do not seem very good in my opinion since they do not have the reach nor player phase combat performance to really threaten anything or exert any kind of stress or pressure. Super tanks can just out match them on enemy phase. I guess they can pose a little more challenge to player phase teams with Wings of Mercy teammates, but that is dependent on the player phase team not running a fast Brave unit or a bulky Impact Galeforcer break a frontliner's Miracle. They can shut down Kronya and Counter-Vantage units I guess, but any player with a Counter-Vantage strategy usually already has a super tank or player phase team, since Counter-Vantage is generally something a player would build after they got their super tank or player phase team built.

And as you say, I think Seliph can do that job better due to higher stats from being Blessed.

She can better fit into a flier ball, but I do not think those are that good either right now.

FAN FUCKING TASTIC, HEL SCYTHE IS SUMMONABLE NOW. AFTER SURTR, THIS FRUSTRATED ME MORE.

THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN WORSE FOR ME WAS ANANKOS.

Actually, gameplay wise this might be worse. I mean, fuck Anankos because that's my brand but Hel running around will age me. And Anankos would have been a hard pass. Meanwhile, I remember what was on the banner already. Also, hearing the book 3 music gave me a chuckle......

Anyways, Hel's summonable now. She's a flying axe and Dark Def Mythic with Hel's Reaper (SC-1, neutralises flier effectiveness, if foe doesn't use magic at 2 range calculates damage against foe's Res and if foe would reduce HP to 0 she survives with one HP (once per combat, BUT THAT'S FUCKING ONE TOO MANY FOR ME I HATE THIS MORE THAN SINMARA)), Luna, DC, Guard Bearing 3 (Fucking really? Bad enough she has the scythe.) and Inevitable Death (Reduces foe's stats by 4 if they're in two spaces of her during combat (This is just an annoyance)). So I'm not seeing how all y'all are discussing Hel being irrelevant, the scythe alone has done me in enough times to drive me insane.

As for everyone else, Red has L!Ike, L!Roy and Altina, Blue has Fjorm, L!Tiki and Fiora, Green has Thrasir and L!Edelgard and Colourless has Eir, F!Anancorrin and Leila. Yeah, Green and Colourless are stacked af imo and I have zero greens. So why do I say Colourless? Because Eir merges I have Anancorrin +3 and Leila is a killer. So it's Green > Colourless >>>>>>>>> Red > Blue

Edited by Dayni