Mythic Hero Battle: Hel

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LordFrigid @SatsumaFSoysoy @Maaka @Landmaster @GuiltyLove @Diovani Bressan @Wanda @daisy jane

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED

The Silvia squad gets to shine for this one.

I somehow managed to get the meme clear I wanted. Hel's Reaper targets the Res of a non-Magic/Staff unit, and Silvia has very lopsided Res, so I finally allowed her to use her starting Barrier Blade. I could've just killed Hel with Deathea or Klein after Silvia softened her up, but where's the fun in that? (Also, it set up a Galeforce kill on the Red Thief later.) The difficulty came from figuring out how to drop Hel's Spd so SIlvia could double her, and for Silvia to survive the Blue Manakete afterward; the solution ended up using the Res refine for her weapon and giving B!Micaiah Spd Ploy (thank god for Hel's shitty Res!). Also, I liked how I screwed up the second Blue Cavalier's Pass movement so he could only target enemies that would blow him to smithereens.

This is a rare case of me not killing every enemy the map has to offer due to how the spawning works. It's a sorta-neat gimmick where the starting enemies will revive at the South of the map with different skills, but the starting Red Thief and Blue Manakete survived until the last turn, so they never had a chance to respawn.

Edited by Some Jerk

@LordFrigid Oo using Annette there for the extra movement and debuff from the ruse was a great idea! Glad to see axe Marth again. Great job!

@Some Jerk Seeing +10 fallen Delthea always makes me happy. She's such a monster. Galeforce on Silvia is nice as well, especially with time's pulse! Awesome clear!

Bartre adopted a daughter with an actual attack stat in this one-turn clear. I probably could have done it with Fir if I had her at 5*+10, but that's too many feathers right now with all the other projects I have to do.

Edited by Maaka

Took a few tries, but Sylvain conquered infernal!

Now if there's a way for him to do abyssal, I definitely have no idea what it is... I'd like that gold rose too...

My Libra carried me hard on this one. Makes me realise, I really did do well on giving him Repel.

+shoutouts to Mummy Not Dearest for doing stuff like this:

Screenshot-2020-07-30-05-11-47

Isn't she precious?

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Reinforcements forever.

I've seen worse, honestly.

Marth, Claude, Yune and Reyson defeated Hel without much problems. If wasn't for Hel's Miracle, Marth would kill her in one single combat.

@Landmaster @BoaFerox @mcsilas @Vicious Sal @daisy jane @Sasori @SatsumaFSoysoy

@LordFrigid Great clear! It's so nice to see a 4 movement Cavalry unit.

@Maaka Looks like Bartre didn't have any problem again. Well done!

@Some Jerk Great job! Hel is pretty dumb... instead of tergeting that 25 Def, she went to the 50+ Res of Silvia.

@Crime and Punishment Oh, that looks fun! I also liked every foe watching Hel being killed.

@Nowi's Husband Nowi, Nowi, Nowi and Nowi did an excelent job there. Well done!

4 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

The Brave Sword returns. I also got to use Annnette, which is always fun.

@Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @Diovani Bressan

well FUCK

34 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh, that looks fun! I also liked every foe watching Hel being killed.

It's not.

Thank you. I like Eremiya. 😔

Man this feels like the genuine article. Certainly a warm welcome.

Normal and Hard cleared with low HM units, Lunatic cleared with BersIke, Fallen!Julia, Y!Merric and Alfrena, Infernal cleared with Fallen!Julia, Y!Merric, EphraLyon and BowChrom.

@LordFrigid Wow, exact lethal on Hel. Stylish.

@Some Jerk RIP Hel, walled and killed unceremoniously. I don't remember seeing you use Klein before, but that could just be my bad memory. He did pretty well with SS3.

@Maaka RIP Fir. She'll get her chance another day. Hel did a lot of damage, but Luna won't help you against a man with shit Res to begin with lul.

@Crime and Punishment Is it supposed to look like this lol?

Spoiler

Q2Nd5IG.png

@Diovani Bressan Claude and Yune synergize well together. Marth did his thing as usual. Hero's Blood's buffs goes towards Claude's Prf too, so that's nice.

@mcsilas @Landmaster @Zeo @DLNarshen

This one was relatively easy for me, I'd say. Celica needed firepower more than flexibility in this one, so I opted for Cake Knife over Slaying Edge. Couldn't find a good opener on turn 1, so waiting was the way better idea. Most of my resets were spent on figuring out how to break out of turn 4 in particular. Savage Blow did the trick and pushed stuff into ORKOs.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Pretty easy MHB all things considered, I thought Hel would have been a lot harder~

Would have been so much quicker with Atk/Spd Push 4, I really need to get that at some point.

Spoiler

@LordFrigid - Oooh nice use of Annette for that extra range and perfect Hel kill from Caeda was nice. Good thing Leif doesn’t have to worry about the Horse killer Thief. 

@Some Jerk - I knew we’d see Silvia today, she was always my go-to to fight Hel in the story mode. I’m loving that Delta of yours, too. But Silvia was clearly the star of the show towards the end go the map. Nice work!

@Nowi's Husband - Witchy Now impressed the most in this one with how much she had to tank that would normally kill her. Trapping the Red Thief was hilarious, too. 

@Maaka - Bartre is the slayer of death, we been knew. S!Bartre is just too tanky for those enemies to bring his health down

@Diovani Bressan -  Oooo Yoon to Res tank, Marth taking care of the Amors and Ponies and Claude to get the Fliers.

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Kagero making the most use out of her Prf’s damage reduction here. Celica was also great with how much she had to maneuver around and survive all of the attacks she was tanking. Well done! 

@Hilda - Infantry Breath Anna turning Sharena and Alfonse into beasts, that was a great Turn 1. Turn 2 looked pretty intimidating with all those spawns. Wasn’t expecting Anna to get the kill on Hel. Great handling of all those reinforcements.  Really impressive clear, congrats!

I usually clear Abyssals using the squad of L.Eliwood, Peony/Azura, FF Corrin/Sothis. This time around I changed things up with a brand new team/strategy. I used my new Legendary Edelgard (the one shown in the Summoning thread) and Leila (+Atk +1 with her base kit, Moonbow and Brazen Atk/Spd) and the two fairies. Leila and Edelgard are supported so they grant each other stats and Leila can warp around uning Peony's extra mobility and Edelgard tanks with Mirabilis's help and gains an extra action. It was very easy to clear with this new team. 

After that first intro of book 3 it would only be fitting for team Sharena to take down Hel. I've been spoiling my babies a little and while Abyssal might be out of their reach, they still did a good job in the difficulty below that. Sharena gets to play with distant counter and Ike's skills. Raigh meanwhile got a nice new C skill.

The map gave my team some problem. All those blue units restricted Raigh's movements by a lot and all the cavalry being blue was also a big annoyance. Wrys also kept getting one shotted, but eventually I found a way to carry them through it.

@Zeo For my improved Matthew. He got bonus doubles to maximise Wrys' buffs and to get him out of his not so great starting position.

@Maaka Cool that Soleil was there. One rounding hell is also no mean feat. Also fun to see a gen 1 unit still go to town on the game's shiniest new hero.

@Diovani Bressan Hel really had to chase the team down the entire map only to go down without mouch trouble. Cool clear even if I still always keep forgetting how claude's weapon works.

@Landmaster The elise's really where one rounding machines. Sleepy fairy did a good job tanking both Hel and that red dagger. Axebreaker really made her a lot less threatening.

@SatsumaFSoysoy: I completely forgot the cake Cutter was a thing after it stopped being known for powercreeping the dark greatsword. Celica made good use of the extra power boost though. Still lots of her tearing through the enemy.

@Anacybele @DLNarshen

Edited by Sasori

14 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

@LordFrigid @SatsumaFSoysoy @Maaka @Landmaster @GuiltyLove @Diovani Bressan @Wanda @daisy jane

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED

The Silvia squad gets to shine for this one.

I somehow managed to get the meme clear I wanted. Hel's Reaper targets the Res of a non-Magic/Staff unit, and Silvia has very lopsided Res, so I finally allowed her to use her starting Barrier Blade. I could've just killed Hel with Deathea or Klein after Silvia softened her up, but where's the fun in that? (Also, it set up a Galeforce kill on the Red Thief later.) The difficulty came from figuring out how to drop Hel's Spd so SIlvia could double her, and for Silvia to survive the Blue Manakete afterward; the solution ended up using the Res refine for her weapon and giving B!Micaiah Spd Ploy (thank god for Hel's shitty Res!). Also, I liked how I screwed up the second Blue Cavalier's Pass movement so he could only target enemies that would blow him to smithereens.

This is a rare case of me not killing every enemy the map has to offer due to how the spawning works. It's a sorta-neat gimmick where the starting enemies will revive at the South of the map with different skills, but the starting Red Thief and Blue Manakete survived until the last turn, so they never had a chance to respawn.

I had no idea Silvia could do all that! Delthea is insanely strong too.

4 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

@GuiltyLove

Played around with the seals and was able to clear Abyssal after some careful placement of Peony to take advantage of Flower of Joy. Guidance seal MVP.

Hide contents

Celica is always a good choice. The WTA and the status of being a mage really helps vs that pesky Miracle Hel has. Glad Azura fought too!

4 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Pretty easy MHB all things considered, I thought Hel would have been a lot harder~

Would have been so much quicker with Atk/Spd Push 4, I really need to get that at some point.

It's time to save your orbs for CYL so you can get Brave Camilla for fodder~ Nice clear as usual. Team Elise is too good.

Here's mine:

It took me a while because I couldn't figure out how to deal with the reinforcements.

I did abyssal with Phoenixmaster's video! I had to set up my Reinhardt a bit differently than he had his though, because mine is +Atk, +10, and has max dragonflowers, but it still worked in the end which is great! Gold rose get! 😄

Can someone double check my calculations? My YT!Olivia keeps getting killed in one shot by Hel despite having enough bulk on paper.

Abyssal Hel:
66 Atk

YT!Olivia:
38 HP
27 Def + 4 Steady Posture + 5 Spd/Def Bond - 4 Inevitable Death = 32 Def

Battle Calculation
(66 - 13) - 32 = 34 damage

In battle though, Hel keeps one shotting YT!Olivia with 38 damage with or without Spd/Def Bond, Steady Posture, Fortress Def Sacred Seal, etc.

Is her damage fixed to 38 or something?

Edited by XRay

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Can someone double check my calculations? My YT!Olivia keeps getting killed in one shot by Hel despite having enough bulk on paper.

Abyssal Hel:
66 Atk

YT!Olivia:
38 HP
27 Def + 4 Steady Posture + 5 Spd/Def Bond - 4 Inevitable Death = 32 Def

Battle Calculation
(66 - 13) - 32 = 34 damage

In battle though, Hel keeps one shotting YT!Olivia with 38 damage with or without Spd/Def Bond, Steady Posture, Fortress Def Sacred Seal, etc.

Is her damage fixed to 38 or something?

Hel targets her Res.

Just now, LordFrigid said:

Hel targets her Res.

Oh yeah. I feel kind of stupid over looking that.

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

*big-brain spiel about superbuffing a unit's Def to tank Hel*

13 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Hel targets her Res.

I'm sorry, I laughed harder at this exchange than I should've. Swear to god I could hear the Super Mario Bros. 1 death knell.