August's Legendary + Double Special Heroes Speculation: Say Goodbye to Your Orbs

daisy jane

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Elincia is more overdue than her. She's gone way longer without another alt.

Fair, but I see Micaiah as more likely due to her popularity alongside being a CYL last year. She's the only one out of MCs from CYLs of the past that's yet to get a Legendary Hero. (I'm not looking that up, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.) But yeah, I'd definitely prefer having Elincia due to her lack of alts. I just don't see it as likely at this point is all. I also really want a Sothe too.

11 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Fair, but I see Micaiah as more likely due to her popularity alongside being a CYL last year. She's the only one out of MCs from CYLs of the past that's yet to get a Legendary Hero. (I'm not looking that up, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.) But yeah, I'd definitely prefer having Elincia due to her lack of alts. I just don't see it as likely at this point is all. I also really want a Sothe too.

What? Micaiah JUST got an alt two months ago (that Sothe is a part of, btw). That on top of Elincia not having an alt since 2018 definitely makes Elincia more likely.

Edited by Anacybele

16 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Of the past winners of CYL, the ones who have legendaries are:

• Ike- Check
  • Lucina- Check
  • Lyn- Check
  • Roy- Check
  • Ephraim- Check
  • Hector- Check
  • Celica- Check
  • Veronica- Not Lord
  • Micaiah- Missing
  • Eliwood- Check
  • Alm- Check
  • Camilla- Not Lord

So yes, you're right, Micaiah is the most popular non-Three Houses lord without a legendary. So she really should get a legendary at some point, even if it isn't this month (since she just got an alt in May). Popularity wise, she's more likely. I'm not saying she deserves it more than Elincia, since Elincia's alt was longer ago, and I'd prefer Micaiah's legendary not be this month, since she's likely to get hate for it. I'd be happy if she is next one after the Three Houses lords are finished (since they're probably next up after this month.

However, I would argue that as much as Elincia may qualify for a legendary, she isn't more qualified than Micaiah. Elincia is more overdue for an alt, but if only one got a legendary, I think it would be wrong for it to be Elincia. Ideally, they both will.

Edited by Venmi

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What? Micaiah JUST got an alt two months ago (that Sothe is a part of, btw). That on top of Elincia not having an alt since 2018 definitely makes Elincia more likely.

FEH panders to popular characters and what they believe is popular. It's why we've gotten so many Fates and Awakening banners. I've just learned to not be hopeful when it comes to stuff I want to see in FEH. They disappoint with tons of stuff. With less popularity and I'm sure a lack of care for the character, I just don't see Elincia coming up anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong though. Honestly someone like Seliph shouldn't have taken as long as they did to get a Legendary alt (or an alt for that matter), but they did.

4 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

FEH panders to popular characters and what they believe is popular. It's why we've gotten so many Fates and Awakening banners. I've just learned to not be hopeful when it comes to stuff I want to see in FEH. They disappoint with tons of stuff. With less popularity and I'm sure a lack of care for the character, I just don't see Elincia coming up anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong though. Honestly someone like Seliph shouldn't have taken as long as they did to get a Legendary alt (or an alt for that matter), but they did.

They thought Elincia was worthy enough to get an alt at all though. And other non-popular characters have gotten alts too. Frederick isn't popular and he was one of the first summer seasonals. With this month's hero probably being wind and colorless, Elincia lacking a staff version even though she canonically uses staves, and not having an alt since 2018, she seems very likely to me if it isn't Claude.

Edited by Anacybele

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That would be a good point but Lyn says hello. 😛

Edited by lightcosmo

i don't like throwing the word "deserves". I don't think Elincia (or Micaiah) "deserve" anything. and I say this as a fan of both. Elincia doesn't "deserve" to be a legendary alt because she hasn't had an alt since her dancer version, and Micaiah doesn't (not) deserve one because she had an alt 2 months ago. (or Deserve to be a legendary because she's missing). They'll get one, when they get one and they'll both be good.  it easily could be someone we're not expecting too which is always fun

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

i don't like throwing the word "deserves". I don't think Elincia (or Micaiah) "deserve" anything. and I say this as a fan of both. Elincia doesn't "deserve" to be a legendary alt because she hasn't had an alt since her dancer version, and Micaiah doesn't (not) deserve one because she had an alt 2 months ago. (or Deserve to be a legendary because she's missing). They'll get one, when they get one and they'll both be good.  it easily could be someone we're not expecting too which is always fun

I didn't mean either "deserved" it, just that Lyn is an example of a character who has one to many, IMO.

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I didn't mean either "deserved" it, just that Lyn is an example of a character who has one to many, IMO.

I think what Daisy meant is that "Elincia not having an alt in 2 years doesn't make her deserve a Legendary Alt more than others" and "Having a Bride Alt 3 months ago doesn't make Micaiah not deserve a Legendary Alt before this character".

The time between alts were never something IS considered. November 2018, we got alts for Camila and Azura (Adrift). In December of the same year, Azura got her Legendary Alt and in January of 2019 Camilla got her Hot Spring alt.

In 2018 we got Groom Marth in May, but then Legendary Marth came in August of the same year, the same timeframe as Micaiah would have this year if she decides to appear as Legendary now.

And, also, your Lyn example.

"She didnt get a alt in 2 years" is not a valid argument, in my opinion.

If I could choose between the two Tellius characters, I would go with Micaiah.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I think what Daisy meant is that "Elincia not having an alt in 2 years doesn't make her deserve a Legendary Alt more than others" and "Having a Bride Alt 3 months ago doesn't make Micaiah not deserve a Legendary Alt before this character".

The time between alts were never something IS considered. November 2018, we got alts for Camila and Azura (Adrift). In December of the same year, Azura got her Legendary Alt and in January of 2019 Camilla got her Hot Spring alt.

In 2018 we got Groom Marth in May, but then Legendary Marth came in August of the same year, the same timeframe as Micaiah would have this year if she decides to appear as Legendary now.

And, also, your Lyn example.

"She didnt get a alt in 2 years" is not a valid argument, in my opinion.

If I could choose between the two Tellius characters, I would go with Micaiah.

Sorry, I figured by the emoji that was there people would realise it was a joke. I wasn't really serious at all.

I'm not saying your wrong, either, I was just trying to lighten the mood, that's all.

Edit: In the end, all it comes down to is: if I don't like X character that gets put out, I don't have to spend orbs on them, it's as simple as that. There isn't really any "negative" reason if a character gets a lot of alts, I was just trying to have fun, considering all the tension at the moment.

Edited by lightcosmo

37 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Gimmie Legendary Soren

Huh. Speaking of wind mages, Legendary Lewyn as his Gen 2 self would be pretty neat.

Honestly, we should try to think from IS’s perspective, i.e, what makes the most money. Micaiah and Elincia are both great characters that deserve legendary alts, but on all accounts, Micaiah is more relevant due to being a lord (secondary, but still a lord). She also got more votes in CYL and, as a pretty divisive character, she is much better known in general than Elincia is, for better or for worse. Both of them are potentially profitable waifus, but Micaiah has the potential to be even more profitable.

Therefore, the most highly likely option for IS would, hands down, be Legendary genderbent female Ike. Case closed.

Guys, guys wait a minute. There's no guarantee the other 3H lords will get a legendary alt so soon.
IS wants to spread out legendaries among all of the games instead of necessitating 3 legendaries + 2 mythics (sothis + rhea) or even nemesis, who are all more important and relevant on all routes. Not to mention the obligatory legendary Enlightened One Byleth who is also of course present on all routes.
A lord who is only relevant in one route will not get in the game any time soon. IS knows the true popularity of the characters and which one actually sold the most because of player stats. This is why Edelgard got hers first. Dimitri and Claude will get one, but this will take some time yet.

Edited by SRPG Tryhard

• 2 weeks later...

Now that we've seen that the Brave house leaders seem to match their Legendary unit types, I'm hoping even more that they save Claude (and Dimitri) for sometime later, because that would be especially ridiculous.

I'm continuing to like the idea of staff Elincia this month. The Feh Channel showed the new event having what seems to be its first round featuring Tellius characters, which could fit a Tellius banner next month, as would getting Elincia now.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm continuing to like the idea of staff Elincia this month. The Feh Channel showed the new event having what seems to be its first round featuring Tellius characters, which could fit a Tellius banner next month, as would getting Elincia now.

YES. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I've been wanting both a legendary Elincia and flying healer Elincia forEVER now and mainly want both of these to be the same unit. So PLEASE YES INTSYS!

I will be so so so hyped if we're getting legendary Elincia this month regardless of what unit type she is, because I just love her so much. But flying healer would be the BEST thing! And I'm already gonna pull on the banner for the last three Hrid merges I need, so I'm gonna have two reasons to pull if we get Lincy!

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

YES. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I've been wanting both a legendary Elincia and flying healer Elincia forEVER now and mainly want both of these to be the same unit. So PLEASE YES INTSYS!

I will be so so so hyped if we're getting legendary Elincia this month regardless of what unit type she is, because I just love her so much. But flying healer would be the BEST thing! And I'm already gonna pull on the banner for the last three Hrid merges I need, so I'm gonna have two reasons to pull if we get Lincy!

Personally, I'm hoping red and/or colorless each have a second unit I'm missing so I can go for Eirika and/or Brammimond, so I'd be especially happy to get her in a colorless slot right now.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Personally, I'm hoping red and/or colorless each have a second unit I'm missing so I can go for Eirika and/or Brammimond, so I'd be especially happy to get her in a colorless slot right now.

I actually don't have Eirika either. I'm not a fan of her, so I never tried to get her. So at least if I do end up with a copy or two of her, she'd at least be new, yeah.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I actually don't have Eirika either. I'm not a fan of her, so I never tried to get her. So at least if I do end up with a copy or two of her, she'd at least be new, yeah.

Personally, I do like Eirika, but I didn't think much of her legendary version until I got close to catching back up on all the non-pair legendaries. So she'd be a neat milestone.

I also like how between her regular and legendary versions, Eirika's unit type changes from her unpromoted unit type to her promoted one. Ephraim and Seliph do the same thing, which is a big reason Seliph is my next-most-wanted legendary after Eirika. The 3H legendaries seem to be doing the same thing, except their brave versions are also matching those same unit types, so they're in the awkward position of having neither one be as distinctive. If I want sword cavalry Eirika, I need legendary Eirika, but if I want axe armor war arc Edelgard, now there's two options.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Personally, I do like Eirika, but I didn't think much of her legendary version until I got close to catching back up on all the non-pair legendaries. So she'd be a neat milestone.

I also like how between her regular and legendary versions, Eirika's unit type changes from her unpromoted unit type to her promoted one. Ephraim and Seliph do the same thing, which is a big reason Seliph is my next-most-wanted legendary after Eirika. The 3H legendaries seem to be doing the same thing, except their brave versions are also matching those same unit types, so they're in the awkward position of having neither one be as distinctive. If I want sword cavalry Eirika, I need legendary Eirika, but if I want axe armor war arc Edelgard, now there's two options.

I like that too. It makes the most sense to me. The legendary characters seem to be the characters at the most important time of their journeys and the peak of their power. RD Ike is Vanguard Ike, his third tier class in RD, for instance. That's his strongest form.

Legendary Elincia ought to be her Queen look from RD for the same reason.

8 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm thinking this month's Legendary will be a Tellius one as well, but I do still think October will bring us Legendary Dimitri.

Yeah, which would definitely mean ELINCIA BABY!

Micaiah doesn't fit Wind as well as she does.

The recent Feh Channel seems to foreshadow her.

I don't want to get my hopes up too high in case I'm somehow wrong, but... This is THE best time yet for best queen!

Edited by Anacybele

9 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm thinking this month's Legendary will be a Tellius one as well, but I do still think October will bring us Legendary Dimitri.

Yeah, Dimitri would certainly fit there. They could even do Claude in December to finish the trio, if they don't mind having them back-to-back.