August's Legendary + Double Special Heroes Speculation: Say Goodbye to Your Orbs

daisy jane

59 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, Elincia seems like one of the best remaining wind fits. Although I wouldn't have considered Eliwood a good wind fit and he got it anyway, so who knows.

Another wind option is Takumi, if they want to return to Fates and don't mind doing another Hoshido legendary.

Much as I like Takumi, he has even less business than Ryoma did of being a legendary hero.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch as August gives us Caeda, Lilina, or Ninian for that Wind slot.

I'd be surprised if this month's Legendary was someone from Three Houses. I know IS doesn't care about salt all that much, but even so, I doubt they'd wanna risk the extreme salt of CYL AND the Legendary being dominated by TH. I can definitely see them putting Micaiah, or Elincia in the slot this month.

4 hours ago, vikingsfan92 said:

We are mostly done with dragons that could be legendary other than maybe the Immaculate One from three houses right? (could be mythic though) I guess they could make Nagi Legendary but most of the others are probably more mythic realm probably.

Corrin could still end up being a dragon unit for their Legendary alt. I hope that doesn't happen though since I would prefer a tome or staff alt for them.

Hmm, nothing really appeals here to me until October, which is a good thing. I can just reserve the minimum orbs for sparking CYL and spend the excess on Hero Fest if it's any good. Yeah, grey is theoretically quite good, but I'm content with my +1 Mila, especially now that I no longer play ARs seriously. And Bramimond doesn't fly.

Wait we are due for a double heroes huh?! I forgot!

Anyway, I agree with daisy’s OP in that: 

NY Anna + Spring Duo Idunn

Valentine Rudolf + Spring Narcian as our 4*

Valentine Duo Alm + Spring Fir

Valentine Faye + ??? (Either NY Laevatein if they care about picking up after last using Winter Eirika a few months back, or they can continue with the “theme” of spring and Valentine units and give us Spring Bruno).

Edited by SockPuppet

13 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Valentine Conrad was in June's Double Special Banner.

Oh right; thanks. 🙂

6 hours ago, MirandaFriege said:

if Lucina, Seliph and Julia had their legendary then Shiro too and Siegbert What do you think? I see Elincia more for December

Lucina, Seliph, and Julia are all among the 3 most central characters in their respective games. In Fates, the 10 most central are the royals, and Siegbert and Shiro aren't even close. They're also very unpopular.

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, Othin said:

They're also very unpopular.

I thought it was just Siegbert who was bizarrely unpopular. I recall Shiro being decently well liked. 

Though neither is legendary material. They may be the most important second gens but the second gen is completely unimportant in Fates. 

Much as I like Takumi, he has even less business than Ryoma did of being a legendary hero.

One could argue Takumi is a little more worthy. Ryoma might be legendary from a lore perspective but Takumi seems to be a lot more important to the plot. He's the main Hoshidan antagonist in Conquest after all while Ryoma has never been very important. Even in his own route he's just kinda there. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

6 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I thought it was just Siegbert who was bizarrely unpopular. I recall Shiro being decently well liked. 

Though neither is legendary material. They may be the most important second gens but the second gen is completely unimportant in Fates. 

One could argue Takumi is a little more worthy. Ryoma might be legendary from a lore perspective but Takumi seems to be a lot more important to the plot. He's the main Hoshidan antagonist in Conquest after all while Ryoma has never been very important. Even in his own route he's just kinda there. 

On CYL4, Shiro is 428th place with 191 votes, while Siegbert is 505th place with 91 votes. So Shiro is about twice as popular, but that's still not much. 

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

On CYL4, Shiro is 428th place with 191 votes, while Siegbert is 505th place with 91 votes. So Shiro is about twice as popular, but that's still not much. 

Poor boys. However it should be noted that to some extend CYL4 isn't an entirely reliable metric. A lot of it is influenced by the idea of getting people into the game or getting them alts. A Fates poll itself would be a more reliable metric. Though I do recall Siebert ranked weirdly low there as well. The Ignatz syndrome before Ignatz. 

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Poor boys. However it should be noted that to some extend CYL4 isn't an entirely reliable metric. A lot of it is influenced by the idea of getting people into the game or getting them alts. A Fates poll itself would be a more reliable metric. Though I do recall Siebert ranked weirdly low there as well. The Ignatz syndrome before Ignatz. 

That's true. Still, it shows less interest in them getting alts than most units already in the game, both those that only have a single version and those with more.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

If we're going with this route, then neither of those two did spectacularly well in CYL1 either. Shiro only got 250th (932 votes) while Siegbert got 369th (459 votes). 

9 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

While that's true in terms of what actually happened in the story, Fates and all supplemental materials involving it seem to be trying to push a certain narrative. One that basically tries to steamroll over what actually happened in the game with what they WANTED players to take away from it. Which is why they're obsessed with making Xander the "noble prince" who lectures others about kings and countries when in the actual game Xander was ... just bad, and even if Ryoma was mostly there, that's not the narrative Fates wanted to be there, so they're going to pretend he's more important than he is!

Actually. Seeing how Chrom is all by himself in October, no one in August is gonna be joining him. and it would be six months from Edelgard's release. that could be when Dimitri appears.  Leaving ______ to be colourless? Me personally i want a legendary staff. i don't care who it is - i just feel that they'd have great healer food. other than you know dazzle/wrathful - they have to for the special and the assist to score so high. 

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Actually. Seeing how Chrom is all by himself in October, no one in August is gonna be joining him. and it would be six months from Edelgard's release. that could be when Dimitri appears.  Leaving ______ to be colourless? Me personally i want a legendary staff. i don't care who it is - i just feel that they'd have great healer food. other than you know dazzle/wrathful - they have to for the special and the assist to score so high. 

Huh, yeah. I'd already been thinking October would be a good time for Dimitri just because of being the next good time for a house leader legendary, and that makes it even more likely.

Just now, Othin said:

Huh, yeah. I'd already been thinking October would be a good time for Dimitri just because of being the next good time for a house leader legendary, and that makes it even more likely.

honestly. i might... just not do CYL this year, wait for the Hero Fest, and bank on Dimitri being in October)

October looks interesting for me, especially green, colourless and Chrom. Red wouldn't be too bad either excluding Marth.

August has Bramimond, but nothing really else and I'll be out of orbs because CYL.

The double special hereos banner doesn't stand out for me, not even considering the timing.

Green would be my pick since I'd like to get Fir for having a superfast axe flier whilst Alm isn't the worst either.

Legendary Dimitri in October, eh? The season kind of fits him. That said, I kind of want him to be something other than a lance unit sometime. Sure, he's crazy good at lances (and I think our first true Lance Lord since Ephraim) but some variety would be nice, and on several occasions it's been noted that he trains with the sword, too. Plus, we know he has a thing for daggers, so I could see him being a dagger unit someday, too (even as a joke. Especially as a Valentine's alt weapon choice. Dude's great at giving people daggers.)

24 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Legendary Dimitri in October, eh? The season kind of fits him. That said, I kind of want him to be something other than a lance unit sometime. Sure, he's crazy good at lances (and I think our first true Lance Lord since Ephraim) but some variety would be nice, and on several occasions it's been noted that he trains with the sword, too. Plus, we know he has a thing for daggers, so I could see him being a dagger unit someday, too (even as a joke. Especially as a Valentine's alt weapon choice. Dude's great at giving people daggers.)

Usually, legendary units stick to their original weapon types while CYL ones don't. His legendary version will probably be a lance infantry with Areadbhar, to parallel Edelgard, but his CYL version this month would be a good place for him to use a different weapon type.

I don't know if we'll be getting a Three Houses Legendary Hero this month since we'll already be getting four new alts this month. So it'd feel odd to me if they did either Dimitri or Claude. A possibility if they did do a 3H character would be Byleth. I also think Dimitri will happen before Claude does. I'd be shocked if Claude came before him. Otherwise I could see a Tellius Legendary Hero. Micaiah is long overdue tbh.