Your thoughts on The FE RPG I've joined

James Marshall

Here's some information on A FE RPG I've joined and so far we've only done 1 mission of sorts, which was go to A yearly event were most people their are Mercenaries looking for work, Mercenary Leaders looking for good men, rich men and nobles looking for useful Mercenaries to hire, street kids, other orphans and other homeless people hoping to get rich and famous by becoming mercenaries and this is how they are now. So what are your thoughts on The FE RPG that I have joined?

My characters

A lot of them are named after several of my favorites from The Code Lyoko Cartoon Show

Saying that though most are from Fan-Made Code Lyoko Stories

And

Several are named after Npcs from A 1st edition Dungeons and Dragons Campaign I ran between 2,003 and 2,008

The Leader

Name

Its pounced Erin but spelt Erinn

Basic background stuff

He is the oldest son and heir of his homelands king

But as barring his father being assassinated or suffering a similar untimely death my character won’t be king for a estimated minimum of 20 years

And

That is why my character decided that to get some excitement in his life he took to wandering disguised as A Common Leader of Mercenaries

Level, class and stats

He is A Level 14 Mercenary. C with Swords. His official stats are 26Hp, Str 14, Mag 2, Skill 15, Spd 14, Lck 10, Def 12 and Res 5

His 2 new stats are INT 14 and CHA 12

The Skill he starts with is Attack of Opportunity -if he chooses to Wait then he can attack 1 foe per turn that passes within 3 Foot of him

His official growth rates are Hp 80%, Str 70%, Mag 20%, Skill 65%, Spd 60%, Lck 35%, Def 50% and Res 25%

His 2 new stats growth rates are INT 55% and CHA 40%

Starting stuff

His personal weapon

The Axe-Blade -this weapons stats are Mt 9, Hit 100, Crit 9, RNG 1, as its enchantments mean any member of my characters family can use it its WT is always the same as the current Users Str, which means its WT is 14, it is effective against mounted units and being part Sword and Part Axe no matter what melee weapon his foes use he never fights at A Weapon Triangle Disadvantage but he also never gains Weapon Triangle Advantage

Regular

1 Bronze Sword, 1 Armourslayer, 1 Herb, 1 Light Rune, 1 Pure Water and 1 Torch

His Offensive abilites

Atk 23, Hit 130, Crit 16, AS 14, Ddg 10 and Avoid 38

The Orfey

Name

Mariee

Background stuff

She is A new edition to The Elite Forces of The Mercenary Leaders Homeland and its king/The Leader of these Mercenaries Father, has secretly ordered her to keep him/The Leader/Her Homelands Future King, safe

Level, class and stats

She is A Level 15 Mage. Level 2 Sage. B with Fire. C with Wind. C with Thunder. D with Staffs. Her official stats are 32Hp, Str 4, Mag 15, Skill 14, Spd 17, Lck 11, Def 6 and Res 14

His 2 new stats are INT 11 and CHA 14

The Skill she starts with is MAG Type Deadly Aim -when using any Tome at RNG 2 or greater she has the option to either do +2 damage but at a cost of -10% to her Hit Rate or gain +10% to her Hit Rate but at a cost of doing -2 damage

For promoting to Sage she gains The Skill Flanking -if another of my units has attacked the same enemy in the same turn she gains +3 each to Str, Skill and Spd

Her official growth rates are Hp 60%, Str 5%, Mag 55%, Skill 45%, Spd 45%, Lck 25%, Def 10% and Res 40%

Her 2 new stats growth rates are INT 35% and CHA 25%

Starting stuff

1 Elthunder Tome, 1 Fire Tome, 1 Wind Tome, 1 Devil Lance, 1 Herb, 1 Pure Water and 1 Master Chest Key

Her offensive abilities

Atk 21, Hit 110, Crit 12, AS 17-2 or 15, Ddg 11 and Avoid 41

Others

Regulars

1 Archer

Name

Erinna

Basic background stuff

Daughter of The Mayor of and The Village Priestess of A Remote Mountain Village, older sister of The Cleric and inherited her Fathers Archery Skills

She is A Level 9 Archer. B with Bows. Her official stats are 24Hp, Str 11, Mag 2, Skill 14, Spd 13, Lck 7, Def 9 and Res 6

Her 2 new stats are INT 11 and CHA 13

Her official growth rates are Hp 70%, Str 50%, Mag 20%, Skill 60%, Spd 65%, Lck 25%, Def 60% and Res 35%

Her 2 new stats growth rates are INT 55% and CHA 40%

The Skill she starts with is Attack of Opportunity -if she chooses to Wait then she can attack 1 foe per turn that passes within 3 Foot of him

Starting stuff

1 Iron Bow, 1 Herb, 1 Concoction, 1 Door Key and 1 Vulnerary

Her Offensive abilities

Atk 16, Hit 119, RNG 2, Crit 7, AS 13, Ddg 7 and Avoid 33

1 Cleric

Name

Amandine

Basic background stuff

Daughter of The Mayor of and The Village Priestess of A Remote Mountain Village, younger sister of The Archer and inherited her Mothers Clerical Skills

She is A Level 9 Cleric. C with Staffs. C with Light. Her official stats are 21Hp, Str 3, Mag 12, Skill 9, Spd 11, Lck 12, Def 5 and Res 16

Her 2 new stats are INT 12 and CHA 11

Her official growth rates are Hp 60%, Str 25%, Mag 70%, Skill 35%, Spd 50%, Lck 65%, Def 20% and Res 80%

Her 2 new stats growth rates are INT 55% and CHA 40%

The Skill she starts with is Herbal Heal -if she spends a turn on A Forest or Plains Tile then she gathers enough Herbs that the next time she heals it has the same effect as her equipped staff but without using it 

Starting stuff

1 Ellight Tome, 1 Mend Staff, 1 Herb, 1 Panacea and 1 Heal Staff

Her Offensive abilities

Atk 17, Hit 105, RNG 1-2, Crit 9, AS 11-3 or 8, Ddg 12 and Avoid 28

1 Axe Cavalier

Name

Kai

Basic background stuff

Son of The Brother of The Thief. His father was just past his 16th birthday when his Brother/The Thief was born, and Kai is 11 days older then his uncle

He is A Level 9 Axe Cavalier. B with Axes. His official stats are 24Hp, Str 12, Mag 3, Skill 11, Spd 13, Lck 6, Def 12 and Res 3

His 2 new stats are INT 11 and CHA 12

His official growth rates are Hp 65%, Str 60%, Mag 20%, Skill 70%, Spd 80%, Lck 35%, Def 50% and Res 25%

The Skill he starts with is Desert Rider -when crossing Desert Terrain the penalty he suffers to his MOV drops from -3 to -2

Starting stuff

1 Iron Axe, 1 Herb, 1 Pure Water and 1 Concoction

His offensive abilities

Atk 20, Hit 103, RNG 1, Crit 5, AS 13, Ddg 6 and Avoid 32

1 Knight

Name

Chip

Basic background stuff

The son of A Famous Sage who ended up being A Knight with no potential to be A Mage, as a result was disowned and took to travelling the world as A Lance-for-hire

He is A Level 11 Knight. B with Lances. His official stats are 36Hp, Str 15, Mag 3, Skill 12, Spd 9, Lck 11, Def 16 and Res 6

His 2 new stats are INT 11 and CHA 8

His official growth rates are Hp 65%, Str 70%, Mag 20%, Skill 60%, Spd 35%, Lck 65%, Def 80% and Res 25%

The Skill he starts with is Forest Forager -if he is in A Forest he has the option to forage for edible fungus that he can either eat, which restores between 4Hp and 12Hp or he can keep it and sell it for between 120 Gold and 250 Gold

Starting stuff

1 Iron Lance, 1 Herb, 1 Master Key, 1 Vulnerary and 1 Chest Key

His Offensive abilities

Atk 22, Hit 107, RNG 1, Crit 6, AS 9, Ddg 9 and Avoid 29

1 Thief

Name

Ulric

Uncle of The Sword Knight. His brother was just past his 16th birthday when he was born and his nephew is 11 days older then him

He is A Level 11 Thief. B with Swords. His official stats are 31Hp, Str 13, Mag 6, Skill 20, Spd 20, Lck 16, Def 10 and Res 6

`His 2 new stats are INT 13 and CHA 10

The Skill he starts with is Master Backstabber -if he attacks from The Side opposite of what his foe is facing/so if the foe is facing north he attacks from the south, he does extra damage equal to his level and adds double his level to both his chance to hit and his chance to critical

His official growth rates are Hp 65%, Str 60%, Mag 20%, Skill 70%, Spd 80%, Lck 50%, Def 35% and Res 25%

Starting stuff

1 Kris Knive, 1 Herb, 1 Master Key, 1 Vulnerary and 1 Chest Key

Offensive stuff

His Atk is only(?) 13 but his attacks completely ignores his targets Def Stat, Hit 116, RNG 1, Crit 20, AS 20, Ddg 16 and Avoid 56

1 Warlock

Name

Darini

Background

A young Warlock who lost her last job after grassing her boss up as A Worshipper of Evil but couldn’t prove it, as she’s A Commoner no one other then The Pegasus Knight who was her only friend believed her, the 2 fled in fear of their lives

And

I met the 2 and recruited them both after they took part in A Yearly Event were Mercenary Leaders look for new Followers and Mercenaries look for work and this regardless of if their veteran s, fully trained, rookies or wannabe’s

She is A Level 13 Druid. Level 3 Warlock. B with Dark. D with Fire. Her official stats are 32Hp, Str 10, Mag 22, Skill 12, Spd 13, Lck 7, Def 9 and Res 17

Her 2 new stats are INT 18 and CHA 14

The Skill she started with is Run -if he chooses to wait then she can move A 2nd time and if I use A Heron or Bard she would be able to move A 3rd time

At level 15 she gained Night Power -during the hours of darkness she gains +20%, +3 Mt, +5 Crit and +5 Avoid

When becoming A Warlock she gained Drain -everytime she kills A Foe she regains Hp equal to 1 3rd The Hp her foe had left when he/she died

Her official growth rates are Hp 60%, Str 20%, Mag 70%, Skill 50%, Spd 55%, Lck 35%, Def 25% and Res 65%

Her 2 new stats growth rates are INT 40% and CHA 40%

Starting stuff

1 Twilight Tome, 2 Herbs, 2 Torch’s, 1 Master Key, 1 Vulnerary and 1 Chest Key

Offensive stuff

Her Atk may only(?) by 22 but her attacks completely ignores her targets Res Stat, Hit 96, RNG 1-2, Crit 21, AS 13, Ddg 7 and Avoid 33

1 Pegasus Knight

Name

Voree

Background

A young Pegasus who lost her last job after The Warlock Darini who was her best friend grassed up their up as A Worshipper of Evil but couldn’t prove it, as Darini’s A Commoner no one Voree believed her and the 2 fled in fear of their lives

And

I met the 2 and recruited them both after they took part in A Yearly Event were Mercenary Leaders look for new Followers and Mercenaries look for work and this regardless of if their veteran s, fully trained, rookies or wannabe’s

She is A Level 18 Pegasus Knight. A with Lances. Her official stats are 30Hp, Str 16, Mag 4, Skill 17, Spd 20, Lck 18, Def 11 and Res 18

Her 2 new stats are INT 15 and CHA 18

The Skill she started with is Healing Touch -after every game if she was not badly injured then she can heal the locals, which will net me between 100 Gold and 200 Gold

At level 15 she gained Rapid Descent -when attacking if the tile she started on was A Cliff or A Hill Type Terrain then she gains +20%, +3 Mt, +5 Crit and +5 Avoid

Her official growth rates are Hp 55%, Str 45%, Mag 25%, Skill 65%, Spd 70%, Lck 60%, Def 35% and Res 50%

Her 2 new stats growth rates are INT 40% and CHA 40%

Starting stuff

1 Silver Lance, 2 Herbs, 2 Torch’s, 1 Master Key, 1 Vulnerary and 1 Chest Key

Offensive stuff

Atk 29, Hit 127, RNG 1, Crit 8, AS 20, Ddg 18 and Avoid 58

The Ex Slaves whose freedom I bought and who now fight for me to both return the favor and pay off their debt

The Bard

Name

Michel

Basic background stuff

A Wandering Bard who shortly after retiring from The Army was kidnapped, no one paid his ransom and he ended up being sold into Slavery

He is A Level 17 Bard. A with Daggers. Her official stats are 26Hp, Str 10, Mag 16, Skill 15, Spd 16, Lck 24, Def 9 and Res 17

His 2 new stats are INT 12 and CHA 17

His official growth rates are Hp 50%, Str 35%, Mag 65%, Skill 60%, Spd 65%, Lck 70%, Def 25% and Res 80%

His 2 new stats growth rates are INT 45% and CHA 35%

The Skill that he starts with are Greater Perform -lets 1 adjacent unit both move again and attack again and Forage -he can forage for edible foods that as we don’t have to buy as much food nets us another 140 Gold to 260 Gold

Starting stuff

1 Flame Shuriken, 1 Iron Shuriken, Herb, 1 Anti-Toxin, 1 Pure Water and 1 Torch

His offensive abilities

Atk 24, Hit 129, Rng 1-2, Crit 12, AS 16, Ddg 24 and Avoid 56 and his attacks do magical damage

1 Soldier

Name

Francois

Basic background stuff

A Wandering Soldier who shortly after retiring from The Army was kidnapped, no one paid his ransom and he ended up being sold into Slavery

He is A Level 17 Soldier. A with Lances. His official stats are 36Hp, Str 18, Mag 5, Skill 17, Spd 17, Lck 15, Def 16 and Res 9

His 2 new stats are INT 13 and CHA 15

His official growth rates are Hp 65%, Str 60%, Mag 20%, Skill 70%, Spd 80%, Lck 35%, Def 50% and Res 25%

His 2 new stats growth rates are INT 35% and CHA 45%

The Skills that he starts with are Gamble -I can choose to drop his Hit rate by half and if I do he double’s his chance of A Critical Hit and Prepare Herbal Medicines -if he spends 1 turn of A Forest Tile then at any point in the current game then 1 adjacent unit regains up to 10Hp

Starting stuff

1 Iron Great-Lance, 1 Javelin, 1 Herb, 1 Anti-Toxin, 1 Pure Water and 1 Torch

His offensive abilities

Atk 27, Hit 114, Rng 1, Crit 8, AS 17, Ddg 15 and Avoid 49

Former Street-Kids

Group 1

It consists of 3 Level 4 Sell-Swords/trainee tier Myrmidons

And

They are all as follows

Names

Sen, Ray and Estie

Background

Street-Kids that along with several of their friends I saved from forced into Slavery then found all their friends a good home, after which they returned the favor by joining me and over the coming years so will several of their friends

They are Level 4 Sell-Swords. Their official stats are 16Hp, Str 6, Mag 0, Skill 10, Spd 9, Lck 6, Def 2 and Res 2

All of their new stats are INT 12 and CHA 12

All of their official growth rates are Hp 70%, Str 65%, Mag 25%, Skill 70%, Spd 80%, Lck 40%, Def 50% and Res 40%

All of their 2 new stats growth rates are INT 50% and CHA 55%

The Skill they all start with is Aptitude -this gives +15% to all of the users stat growths

Starting stuff

They all have 1 Bronze Sword, 1 Herb, 1 Vulnerary and 1 Torch

Their offensive abilities

They all have offensive abilities of Atk 11, Hit 118, Rng 1, Crit 5, AS 9, Ddg 6 and Avoid 24

Laguz

Name

Laura

She is A Raven Laguz

Background

A Young Adult, for A Raven Laguz, that I saved from a beating by racists that would likely have ended in her either being dead, crippled or forced into slavery and she returns the favor by fighting for me

She is A Level 7 Raven. C with Strike. Her official stats are 35Hp, Str 11, Mag 7, Skill 12, Spd 13, Lck 12, Def 9 and Res 11 when untransformed and 35Hp, Str 17, Mag 11, Skill 18, Spd 20, Lck 12, Def 14 and Res 17

Her new stats are INT 9 and CHA 11 when untransformed and INT 14 and Ch 17 when transformed

Her official growth rates are Hp 65%, Str 60%, Mag 25%, Skill 70%, Spd 80%, Lck 25%, Def 35% and Res 50%

Her 2 new stats growth rates are INT 35% and CHA 45%

The Skill that she starts with is Fast Strike -in every battle the first time she attacks a foe she gain +15% to hit, +10% Avoid and +3% Crit

Starting stuff

1 C Rank Beak, 1 Herb, 1 Anti-Toxin, 1 Pure Water and 1 Torch

Her offensive abilities

When untransformed she has Atk 11, Hit 101, Rng 1, Crit 6, AS 12, Ddg 12 and Avoid 36 and when transformed she has Atk 16, Hit 133, Rng 1, Crit 9, AS 20, Ddg 12 and Avoid 52

Their base

It is A Very Large Army Surplus Fort that has semi-luxurious furnishings, could comfortably hold a group triple the size of my starting group and at a extreme push could only just a group five times the size of my starting group

It can and does hold enough very good quality Mares to, if needed, allow the entire current group and up to 8 more members to mount up and escape,

The Mercenaries also have access to rights to fish in the nearby rivers, to hunt in the nearby forests, the right to the occasional row-boat trip down a river and in return for free protection from bandits the locals give them free food and drink

There is areas of training, keeping fit, relaxation, recreation, none alcoholic drinks and for assessing the abilities of potential new recruits

Potential new recruits can be wandering Mercenaries, villagers looking to get rich, children of poor families offered as new recruits in the hope they’ll have a better life and other sources

All The Mercenaries have good accommodation, access to fairly good quality fitness, recreational, reading and magical entertainment facilities, get access to decent quality magical healing, good quality healing via herbs with medical uses and as much time to themselves as possible

And

It also has a magic chest in it through which The Leaders Father sends him per month to pay his mercenaries 10% more per month then normal and has enough left over to still hire 4 more unpromoted units and 1 promoted unit

Gold

Starting

7D6+2x1,000 Gold or 33,000 Gold to spend on buying Slaves to free on condition that they fight for me

And

2D6x1,000 Gold or 8,000 Gold for other stuff

Current

Other stuff of use relating to income and/or recruiting

1st

When it comes to sources of troops of more often then not average quality, almost never higher then very good quality and never more then 2 of high quality per 5 years a source of fairly cheap troops can be that Slavery is legal in 3 of The 4 Neighboring Countries

That is a source because there is the option to buy Slaves in them but before I buy them I do a deal that in return they work for me till the monthly wages that they’ve forfeited 85% of has paid off their debt

And

Another source from that is find people that are heavily in debt and facing debt-related slavery and pay off their debt/debts but at least 1 of the family must fight for me and if possible at least 1 other work even if as A Cook or Cleaner or something similar till the monthly wages that they’ve forfeited 85% of has paid off their debt

2nd

With regards to potential and/or definite sources of income the group is lucky enough to have 2 and while their only 1 Good Income Source and 1 Low Income Source they are secure enough that barring some unforeseeable catastrophe they’ll never run out

The Good Income Source and The Low Income Source turn out to not only be both related business’s but they are both on the same business property

By that I mean that they are both A Riding Stables, that The Good Income is generated by The 3 Female and 1 Male Large White Colts that they use to breed for young to sell to the children of Merchants and Nobility and The Low Income Source is providing lessons in Horse Riding that less rich people can pay for with services in kind

With regards to 3 Female and 1 Male Large White Colts mentioned above I’ll admit that despite the fact that in the real-world A Colt refers to A Certain Age Group that applies to all horses in the setting it is the biggest A Species of Small Horse in The World

Before The Campaign started my character had, by various entirely legal means, earned him and his company netted 2,300+4D6+2x80 or 2,300 +17x80 or 2,300 +1,760 or 4,060 Gold Coins

And

Between every battle it nets me 4D6+2x10 Gold and every 4th year it nets me 1 horse that is both fully grown and fully trained

Other stuff worth mentioning

1st

I choose to use all of my characters 33,000 Gold Coins to recruit by buying the freedom of A now Ex Slave or 2 that would be of great use to me as they’d be very loyal to me and would have the bonus of costing me little if anything for quite a few years

My character choose rolls on The GM’s Tables I spend 16,500 Gold Coins x2 or 16,500 Gold Coins and my character bought The Freedom of 2 now Ex Slaves that are both Level 13

All in all that netted me A Level 10 Soldier and A Level 10 Bard both of which are 1st Tier Classes, they have 1 initial Skill and 2 more Skills but none of the 3 can be had without having to meet requirements to have and 1 Level 4 and 1 Level 5 Abilities

My character persuaded his father/his homelands ruler, to pay for them to be fairly heavily equipped, so The Bard who has A B with Daggers starts with 1 C and 1 D Rank Daggers, 1 Herb and 1 Torch and The Soldier starting with A with Lances, 1 B and 1 E Rank Lances, 1 Herb and 1 Chest Key

And

In the end The Soldier starts with 1 Iron Great-Lance, 1 Javelin, 1 Herb, 1 Anti-Toxin, 1 Pure Water and 1 Torch and The Bard starts with 1 Flame Shuriken, 1 Iron Shuriken, Herb, 1 Anti-Toxin, 1 Pure Water and 1 Torch

The missions

1st

Attending a tournament

Just a standard tournament held yearly

Its unique in that only Professional Mercenaries, those that want to work as Mercenaries and those that want to become Mercenaries can take part

It’s a good way to get money and experance by winning tests of Skill and to find those that want to work as Mercenaries and those that want to become Mercenaries for far less then normal

Not to mention it’s a good way to get Professional Mercenaries and you almost always get what you pay for

Those Mercenaries that have A Base and can afford it can pay to have upgrades to their base

They can also get rare and exotic treats, foods, drinks, treats and Animals, including Falconoids, which are A Version of A Pegasus that Men can ride

As Mercenaries get decent quality food, drink and accommodation during it it’s a good way to relax

Their will easily be a dozen or so and possibly as many as 2 and half to 3 dozen or so people looking for Elite Mercenaries

And

All in all it’s a great event for any Mercenary to go to and relax for a week or 2

So

On I go

Doing stuff at the event

We take part in a lot of tests of Skill

We win more then half the 1’s we take part in

The Sage gains 1 Level

All my other characters, even The Cleric, gain 4 levels

Over a period of the 2 weeks I make a total of a total 25 massive winning bets made with bookies wins  me a profit of 54,530 Gold

That gives me 58,590 Gold

And

I use most of that to hire 1 Level 13 Shaman/Level 3 Warlock for 22,000 Gold and 1 Level 18 Pegasus Rider for 22,000 Gold

Also

During those 12 days I had 2 unusual events

The 1st was A 44 then A 6 then A 3

So I rescued A Group of Street-Kids that are in their mid-teens from being forced into Slavery

As I made sure that they are taken in by A Church that will look after them then donated 12,000 Gold to that church I have the favor of The Street Kids

That leaves my character with 2,590 Gold

It also earns my character 2 very big 2-part bonuses

And

In both case the 1st part of both bonuses takes effect immediately and the 2nd part of both bonuses  will take place over several years

The 1st bonus

This means that I gain 1 group of 1D3 or 3 Sell-Swords/trainee tier version of Myrmidons, that are all Level 2D2 or Level 4

Luckily though despite only being the trainee tier version of Myrmidons A 1D20 roll of A 17 shows that they as good at Level 4 Sell-Swords as Myrmidons are at Level 1

The 2nd bonus

Every 1D3 years more of those that were once Street Kids will join me, although eventually it will be friends of theirs and even later friend of their friends

This means that every 1D3 years my Mercenary Unit will gain 1 group of 3 Sell-Swords/trainee tier version of Myrmidons, that are all Level 3

Like I said earlier luckily though despite only being the trainee tier version of Myrmidons A 1D20 roll of A 17 shows that they as good at Level 4 Sell-Swords as Myrmidons are at Level 1

Due to the fact the unique Skill that all of them have no matter how many groups of 3 I get all 3 members of every group will all gain the same experance and have the same levels up

And

That is only within each group and not in total. For example at every The 2nd group of 3 will have different stats and abilities as each other but not the same as The 1st group

The 2nd event

A 22

I see A Laguz being picked on by armed racists

2 1D6 rolls of A 3 show that it is A Raven Laguz

A roll of A 4 shows that I step in and save her

For my reward I roll A 5 on 1D6,  then I roll A 7 on 3D3 then another 5 on 1D6

This this means that I am joined by A Raven Laguz who is A Level 7 Raven Laguz whose Strike Rank is 1.5 Ranks higher then normal

And

As she is A Level 7 Raven Laguz whose Strike Rank is 1.5 Ranks higher then normal that means that her Strike Rank is A C that is 86% of the way to being A B