Nobody

[FE14] Anyone interested in a Conquest Hard/Classic draft?

Dwyer + Felicia/Jakob(Chapter 15)

@PeppyYour go again. Btw I would've went for Gunter if you hadn't picked him 😄

Edited by deskita

also, for clarification, does "Free up until Chapter 6" include or exclude Chapter 6 itself?

All right, just finished chapter 6, and this is as good a time as any to update everyone on my progress so far

(P-2; 1-5; 2-3; 3-4; 4-5; 5-5; 6-2)

Total - 26 turn, chapters P-6 completed

Little more detail in the spoiler tag below...

Spoiler

Lets start with my Corrin

ACtC-3eaCisSAts6qNZ7ezaaXyOMKzHl_ovaoEiO

I went with female, that way I can get both Gentileholmme and Demoiselle early. Personally I prefer the speed boon especially later in the game against threats like Hana (although that might not be as vital on this low of difficulty), but it is costing me a turn almost immediately. We will see if this pay dividends later in the game. As for Sky Knight, I entirely missed the never mounted Corrin restriction when first choosing it, but she can still pass Sky Knight and its nice skill on, so no big loss.

Now for the actual chapters

Prologue - 2 Turns:

ACtC-3ftZDJwaSYvQ4H2VSUDkvUigdE3E8uwKseK

Nothing else worth mentioning

Chapter 1 - 5 Turns

Not taking an HP boon costs me a turn here, but hopefully the speed boon will help later in the game, and it makes the turn 5 clear of chapter 4 much more reliable.

ACtC-3dmHgIfyYLDVtKsRru2x__CD_j3q60soG9n

ACtC-3f4LIBY6nqkLRdil1jdXiHq1-IARU7zjFBH

Chapter 2 - 3 Turns

Due to images messing up (and digging for better levelups, as levels aren't fixed on this difficulty), I end up doing this one a few times, but in a way I am glad I did so, as the AI doesn't seem to be perfectly deterministic, and figuring out how to accomplish the same turn counts with slightly different enemy formations was interesting. The overall strategy was the same, start on the left to take out Rinkah's group, then let Jakob finish off what is left of Rinkahs forces, while Lachesis and Gunter wipe out Kaze and the last of his squad on enemy phase.

ACtC-3f3IdEAaxWQNrwJMGl_asw7sHysNz4Qrh3_ACtC-3d163_x-m4TnqR5MvbOor4OQvV7TTsiJqEsACtC-3dZEjECO3RS56QP-yfGZWo17zle5zNvwoeU

Hitting 10 Str, and 11 Spd on my "Corrin" is rather important for the LTC I am following along with on the early section of this game. I will have to move on from it once I start getting restricted by the Draft (and it being a Lunatic LTC means there may be improvements on it in this difficulty mode) but this is my first time even thinking about turn counts on Conquest, so having something to give me some tips helps out.

ACtC-3fUcVe1fMbY-WbTqMghFuzjnaWHlpi6Ry97

Chapter 3 - 4 turns

This is the first time I really needed to dig for some luck, as beating the boss is rather difficult. Now I ended up getting the 3% crit from Gunter for the 4 turn clear, but playing on unmodified hardware I didn't want to spend too long digging for good luck, so I was willing to take the 5 turn clear offered by Gunter hitting, followed by Jakob hitting w/ Gunter attack stance for the kill as well (note if Jakob didn't get the strength levelup I could have Lachesis pair with Jakob, and transfer her over to Gunter for the extra point of damage on the Gunter attack stance instead). Now I ended up lucking into the crit before all the hits needed for the alternative kill.

ACtC-3dQjNY_71bn6vUhRcDcpWt22HKvhqTEtTAr

ACtC-3c83CCgfpiXp_DJ5rN6bvwJAJ0fbMHGhZ5h

ACtC-3d5HvsSFxIoB2-Fpa9dXKHPY06rfDRrnlw5

Chapter 4 - 5 turns

This one took a bit of luck, as Lachesis needs to crit the boss to prevent the Strength seal, that way she can enemy phase all the faceless in the center of the map with a Kaze pairup. This took a little while, but with that crit I secure a 5 turn clear. This is basically just the strat Chiki uses in a Lunatic Conquest LTC.

ACtC-3di17QXOJUkBCOV_W6QsTzMXQJqU9hQD82g

ACtC-3crUxEZc6znOM2nSXxBXWn9QE5-Z9_YeHqc

ACtC-3efVbmMW1P2hlxODTbV5s6hLCcmxa8ggk4d

ACtC-3dyjnw66AwXHeHCRLam0hcWcI4jeasFWORw

Chapter 5 - 5 Turns

Sorry I missed the end screen, but this was a one and done, and I don't want to retry it (as it really requires the Sorcerer to miss its first hit with a 75%). As far as I can tell the LTC strat for this chapter is fairly well established, its just much easier to pull off on hard.

ACtC-3cCI1AOs_rPjwMD2CbguWajVSuT9quenmsL

ACtC-3c3d8__Pykq7mltAMZBuhkwNFyuJNDw5u9W

ACtC-3fLk-mQ2U6RJcf-P9phKYpDk_dZXWqc-Ndr

I didn't worry too much about Kaze and Rinkah racking up the xp this map. Not sure why I bothered recording the level ups, but I did.

ACtC-3cfR02a7LZIIZwzpGU96puURpK4roEnFLT-

I was honestly surprised by how much xp the boss gave draco-Lachesis...

ACtC-3c4TTO_AgElJekodjmNsfNMMrdv8Gl6sPFd

Ended up feeding the last kill to Azura.

Chapter 6 - 2 Turns

ACtC-3fzgTkMCtKWwL5UeL48EW1jAwDV-cNpY2Wa

Now for Conquest to start...sorta. I use the Dragon Vein turn 1 with Elise, and setup Jakob and Leo to take fight Yukimura and Takumi enemy phase respectively, and I move Xander and Camilla closer in. This lets Jakob finish Yukimura (w/ Leo attack stance) and Lachesis finish Takumi, then Camilla pairs with Leo to give him the exact damage he needs to kill Sakura, and Xander moves in to finish off Hinoka for a turn 2 clear.

ACtC-3d-YKn_Ct706p8Era_LdrIHRcwYEy_EkQ4V

ACtC-3cX6PegkaEx9XfIMlkk5_l8tSj8lJ6YOref

13 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

All right, just finished chapter 6, and this is as good a time as any to update everyone on my progress so far

Interesting notes, mate. Like you, I have never played Conquest for the turn count. I try to beat my own records and find new, better strategies, but I still prioritise meeting some thresholds on some chapters, specially at the beginning (like letting Cornflakes kill Taco, Glasses and Ryoma in Ch 6, so that she ends at L10; or letting Kaze kill everyone in Ch 5 to end at L7-8.)

Fun fact sponsored by "Dark" TV series: Your picks were the exact same picks that I would have made. Ha! I would have probably drafted Odin and Ophelia before Elise, but that is it. Close to the final selections, I thought that a sturdy unit would benefit your party, and you went on and picked Benny! That was scary.
The bright side is that I said that I would replicate the party that suited me better, and yours is the obvious choice. See? Had I participated in the draft, our choices would have clashed. Only by not participating did I get the party that I wanted. Everything is connected.