A Modest Proposal

Ampharos

Greetings, gamers. Reborn's least trusted citizen here.

As most of you have probably noticed, this subforum is, uh, not very active anymore. And I'm sad about it. I didn't really start trying to integrate into the actual SF Mafia community until after it's glory days, but I still greatly enjoyed the playstyles and personalities of the community and am sad to see it in its current state.

That said: does it have to be dead?

No. I don't think so.

I would like to run a mafia game.

Now, the elephant in the room that ISN'T "is anyone still alive" is "wow, SF's forum software sure is hot fucking garbage, huh?" As such, I'd like to run this game offsite, on Mafia Universe. MU is a dedicated Mafia website on which Makaze and I are both administrators; the skeleton is vbulletin, but Mak wrote most of the meat of the site from the ground-up, and it's basically the best place to play mafia on the 'net from a pure technology standpoint.

This would be an invitational game, meaning there'd be no queue, no random goons joining, just "whenever we have enough people, we slap a thread down and go." I could even set up a private subforum so it's like SF has its own little section of the site. I think this would be preferable to necessarily running the game here - though if others disagree, I'm willing to reverse course on that and just slap it down here anyways.

So tl;dr:
 - lets play mafia
 - lets do it on MU if people want to, or here if they don't
 - lets start whenever we have enough people

I'll call minimum playercount 9. Setup TBD but probably largely vanilla with one or two PRs. Let's see if we can restart this place's pulse.

Edit: Updated Game Information
Start date: Monday, August 17th
Phase lengths: 72/48 Day 1; 48/24 all other days
Game start/phase end: 8 PM EDT
Setup:
1x Mafia Jailkeeper
1x Mafia Rolecop
2x Mafia Goon

1x Town Tracker
1x Town Doctor
1x Town Vigilante
10x Vanilla Town

Vague List of the Semi-Intrigued:
1. Ampharos
2. Dunn
3. Bartozio
4. Marth
5. Mackc2
6. Athena_57
7. supa
8. Makaze
9. Shinori
10. YOLOSWAG
11. Claire
12. fairyjigglypuff
13. woopons
14. Paperblade
15. ariadne
16. Fenrir
17. SullyMcGully

Edited by Ampharos

Quick addendums:

Phase lengths will probably be 72/24, but are negotiable based on what other people wanna play.

If we wind up running the game on MU, we can have the automated bot host, which would allow me to play, which is one less person we have to wrangle in. So that's neat.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So much for the Jonathan Swift literature club.

I've had An Argument Against the Abolishment of Christianity on audio sitting on my computer for some time unread now, so I wouldn't be against it!

Tentative start date is Monday the 17th, with 8 PM EDT phase ends. These times are flexible - please contact me if they don't work for you (Discord probably faster than forum lol).

e: Tentative phase lengths are 72/24 d1, 48/24 other days.

Edited by Ampharos

Since we're closing in on it, I'm gonna go ahead and say that I'll be hard capping the playerlist at 17.

Please make an MU account ASAP and lemme know what the username is (unless you know I'm already aware of your MU account's existence, in which case feel free to blissfully ignore this).

Setup has been finalized.

1x Mafia Jailkeeper
1x Mafia Rolecop
2x Mafia Goon

1x Town Tracker
1x Town Doctor
1x Town Vigilante
10x Vanilla Town

Still need MU accounts from @Mackc2 and @WeaponsofMassConstruction. Everyone else I've tracked down.

SmartBomb's going to be hosting the game, either he or I'll provide a link to the thread when it's up. The subforum we'll be playing on is here, but it's currently empty.

16 hours ago, Ricey said:

I loveeee mafia games. I am somewhat interested too. 🙂

Hi! Unfortunately we're full up for this game, but I'm hoping this won't be the last one - stay tuned for future developments!

• 4 weeks later...