FEH Channel

Sunwoo

God dammit ._. why did IS just throw me a curveball with Duo Xander-Veronica. I just had 700 orbs for the August Legendary banner!!!!
I never summon for those Duo or Harmonic heroes, because i just find the concept disgusting. But why those 2 x.x

I have to resist Q.Q

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know how much I wanted to see Xander and Veronica dressed as pirates until now. That they're Harmonic and axe cavalry as well just makes them even more tempting. I do need to save for next month's Legendary banner, but I'm still going to throw some orbs their way.

The second round of weekly revivals is also very nice to see. More free pulls means more SI fodder and more incidental 5*s, not to mention Morgan as a focus unit. I might actually be able to +10 her if I save enough orbs for December.

I wake up this morning and see a bunch of presents. I then realise there's almost certainly a Feh channel explaining all this.

Spoiler

I still miss the old voice. She then tells us there's two episodes, that this covers this month and CYL nd next month (The CYL too small then?) will be in a few weeks. First off, Pirates are now in Feh. We get a seasonal with Tibarn (who's colourless) and has Galeforce and a new desperation skill, Brigged (OH GOD OH FUCK MY ORBS ARE NOT SAFE THIS IS A PERFECT ALT) who's a red bow and has likely has Sturdy Impact, Geese is in the game before Gonzales (Dammit!), who's a lance and his skillset is bad, poor guy, DARROS IS IN THE GAME and he has a weak skillset too, so one of them is TT (Please be Darros), with an axe to swab the decks and then we see the Harmonised heroes, Xander and Veronica (It finally happens. We were not ready) and they're on a horse (OH FUCK THEY'LL KILL US), with their skillset looking good as well (Well crap, Brigged, Darros, the duo, dayum). Darros is confirmed TT (Phew), Fehthis fails to convince me she's also into Xander and we move on. After punning Yo-Ho Heroes.

There's a portrait display change which is contextual (Huh) and it's pretty clever in places, Arena gets new batch of maps and there's changes to the Pool (Where Book 2 units are no longer pitybrekers (GIVE US BACK THE BRAVE UNITS) and we get new weekly revivals and refines for CYL 2 units (Crap I have all of them, Also Veronica gets one?)

Finally we get Summer Celebration where we get the usual batch of stuff (Log ins, maps with rewards and a Hero Fest with Sothis (Of course), Ephrailyon (OH COME ON I WANTED HER) Nagi and Bernadetta), there's nothing else new here.

TLDR: CYL is later it seems, Pirate fun was a neat surprise, the update's actually pretty neat and EphraLyon just had to be on a banner again so soon after the last time, this and Brigged are a threat. Also, this image is more accurate:

... Is Veronica riding on an itty bitty pony?

A pony small enough for Xander to stand next to it and still be not that much shorter than Veronica-on-a-horse?

Edited by Sunwoo

Mixed feelings about the pirates. It's a cool theme, but also takes up a New Heroes slot, since the fact that this one isn't the dancer banner means we'll probably be getting that one in September. Unless it's in place of the dancer banner? I'd be fine with that, but I'm not sure it's likely. Hopefully we still get at least four regular New Heroes banners in September/October/November, one way or another.

Those mixed feelings also extend to the lineup. I'll be happy to grab a demoted Geese and a free Darros, since even though I don't care much about either, they're still neat new additions. More so Geese in my book. Tibarn getting a seasonal and further expanding the bird pool is nice. I don't particularly like Harmonics, but I guess Veronica/Xander is a fitting pair. And... then there's Briggid. I guess it's good that she's in the game, but this isn't a replacement for her normal version in my book, especially with her not having her holy weapon. They could pull a Sigrun/Mareeta/Fiora and release her in six months or so anyway, but I was really hoping for a proper FE4 Gen 1 banner sooner than that. (Although Sigrun was only about three months.) At least we finally get an FE4 seasonal? Although the picks I would have preferred for that would have been Sigurd, Dierdre, and more minor characters with less of a need for their regular version. I'll just stick to Geese.

The revival lineup change is interesting. The only affected units I'm missing now are Shiro, Super Chrom, Super Olwen, Karla, Super Nino, Sumia, and Brave Celica, and I don't even care much about most of those, really just Olwen and Sumia.

CYL2 refines is... eh. Their weapons are already pretty nuts! And this probably means delaying Fae until at least October.

From the new removals I am missing Kana, Hinoka, Siegbert(yes, the entire week’s worth), Lene, Celica, Olivia and Shiro. 

I also foddered Eirika, Grima and Olwen so I would miss their feathers if the cap was raised. 

I have 2 units here I would really like to +10 at some point. These are Micaiah and Karla. 

I also would not mind further merges for Ishtar who I got to +2 and has IP as a skill inherited. The other is my +3 B!Hector. He would be a useful arena unit. No priorities for them though, I am just glad to have Micaiah and Karla already, at some point I’ll merge them up.

Tibarn might be a good unit because colourless beast with 3 move and built to Galeforce is pretty potent. The rest we’ll have to see. Fodder is amazing all around though. Even though IP will cost feathers.

That was a nice Channel. Geese is finally in the game, awesome. Now give me Saul and Dorothy game!

Veronica emblem would be complete now if only we could summon her base version SMH.

Thq quality of life changes are always welcome and I will try for Bernie on the Hero Fast (I have all the others).

Overall nice baits to distract me from CYL4 that is coming soon... sh*t.

I feel that Tibarn's B skill is like Lewyn's tome, a reversed Desperation. He doubles that unit in the Channel and his follow-up attack happens right away. His weapon may accelerate special cooldown and have guaranteed follow-up.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Oh, it looks like Brigid has Steady Impact. Nice to finally get that added.

42 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I feel that Tibarn's B skill is like Lewyn's tome, a reversed Desperation. He doubles that unit in the Channel and his follow-up attack happens right away. His weapon may accelerate special cooldown and have guaranteed follow-up.

Tibarn has Heavy Blade 4, so that's where he gets the accelerated cooldown.

An inheritable Forseti effect sounds pretty scary. It does look like some sort of Desperation variant, maybe it's got some different criteria rather than HP?

i actually really liked this FEH Channel

Lene and Karla now are in banners where they don't share color with anyonw, and that's amazing since i want to +10 them

this Pirate banner looks cool, i'd like to get Tibarn and Brigid (she looks gorgeous, too bad she has an inheritable weapon), also geese finally makes it in, too bad the Banner Leader is... that thing, i'd like to forget about that as soon as possible
i have less than zero interest in this year's CYL, so i can focus my orbs on pulling in this Pirate banner

free stuff is good, and that Hero Fest with Nagi is really tempting, but i have other priorities, such as waiting for Brave Celica's refine

anyway i already know the CYL's FEH Channel will be a huge disappointment for me, so i won't even bother watching it

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Tibarn has Heavy Blade 4, so that's where he gets the accelerated cooldown.

An inheritable Forseti effect sounds pretty scary. It does look like some sort of Desperation variant, maybe it's got some different criteria rather than HP?

Not that accelerate special cooldown.

He started the combat at 4 CD, and Galeforce is a 5 CD special. So I expect his weapon to have the permanent CD-1 like Killing/Slaying weapons.

BoaFerox pointed the sky background in the skill... Maybe Fliers exclusive? Need to be within 2 spaces of an flier? All Boa's ideas.

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Not that accelerate special cooldown.

He started the combat at 4 CD, and Galeforce is a 5 CD special. So I expect his weapon to have the permanent CD-1 like Killing/Slaying weapons.

BoaFerox pointed the sky background in the skill... Maybe Fliers exclusive? Need to be within 2 spaces of an flier? All Boa's ideas.

Huh, that's interesting. Slaying effect then, yeah.

It does seem likely to be some sort of flier exclusive. He's near Peony in the battles we see, and also is attacking non-flier units, so it could relate to either of those things.

Speaking of inheritance restrictions, if it's restricted specifically to melee fliers, that could be enough to keep a reverse Desperation from getting too out of hand. Could even be just physical melee, like Galeforce.

4 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I thought book 2 revivals were supposed to run alongside book 1 revivals, but book 1 revivals are nowhere to be seen. This fucking sucks! I had book 1 merge projects in progress.

They're interspersed. We now have a 31-week schedule, with 20 of the weeks having the original Book 1 revivals and the other two having the new Book 2 ones. There's a notification listing the full new schedule: it alternates between Book 1 and Book 2 until it runs out of Book 2 revivals, then switches to all Book 1.

An interesting consequence of the schedule going for so long is that the next cycle should start on March 7, 2021, then the one after that on October 10, 2021. Which makes those now the next big candidates for the next 5* pool update. March seems a bit soon, since they took about 16 months to do this 9-month update, so probably October.

Speaking of summoning pool updates, when are they going to make Altena stop bring a 5*?

Edited by Othin

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

They're interspersed. We now have a 31-week schedule, with 20 of the weeks having the original Book 1 revivals and the other two having the new Book 2 ones. There's a notification listing the full new schedule: it alternates between Book 1 and Book 2 until it runs out of Book 2 revivals, then switches to all Book 1.

An interesting consequence of the schedule going for so long is that the next cycle should start on March 7, 2021, then the one after that on October 10, 2021. Which makes those now the next big candidates for the next 5* pool update. March seems a bit soon, since they took about 16 months to do this 9-month update, so probably October.

Speaking of summoning pool updates, when are they going to make Altena stop bring a 5*?

That's better. I guess it means that I have longer to save for Hector and Ephraim.

As far as book 2 characters go, F Morgan, Green Olwen, Micaiah, Leif, and Bow-noka are all candidates for a merge project, but I must admit to being less interested than Book 1s.

Wish they made Book I and Book II Revivals side by side instead of interspersed. We can complete a 20 week cycle about 2.5 times per year, making it easier to summon for skills or merges, and it will also help out players with a little bit of extra free fodder.

I assume Pirate's Pride Veronica got guaranteed follow-up of some sort, and it would be nice if PP!Tibarn got that too.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Wish they made Book I and Book II Revivals side by side instead of interspersed. We can complete a 20 week cycle about 2.5 times per year, making it easier to summon for skills or merges, and it will also help out players with a little bit of extra free fodder.

I assume Pirate's Pride Veronica got guaranteed follow-up of some sort, and it would be nice if PP!Tibarn got that too.

Yeah, I was hoping for that but I guess they didn't want to go that generous.

If they keep this up, we'll eventually have a schedule lasting a full year or more. That seems... long. I guess seasonals are already on a year schedule, but still.

So much good news! Old 5*'s are easier to get without pitybreaking on new banners, a lot of free orbs and grails incoming, so many new banners to free summon on, and, most excitingly, PIRATES! I love that they played off of Xander's Halloween costume for his appearance, and it looks like he's being a gentleman and letting Veronica be the one to ride his horse. The free unit isn't really anyone I'm attached to and his design isn't particularly exciting, but the story behind him was interesting. Still, the ones I'm most excited for on this banner are actually Veronica and Xander. I love that they pulled his "I cannot swim" line again. XD And this is his 3rd time as a summer unit (swimming, dancing, and now a pirate), which is kind of funny. I like Tibarn and that his past is being referenced here (though weren't the ravens the pirates?) but um...he went a bit overboard (ha ha) on the "pirate talk" I think, which was a little embarrassing. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Maybe he's just trying really hard to fit in with the festival.

Edit: Also, yeah, Dart missing is weird. So is missing Fargus.

Edited by Mercakete

53 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I like Tibarn and that his past is being referenced here (though weren't the ravens the pirates?) but um...he went a bit overboard (ha ha) on the "pirate talk" I think, which was a little embarrassing. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Maybe he's just trying really hard to fit in with the festival.

"These seas belong to Phoenicis and Kilvas, the kingdoms of the bird tribes. Both nations prey on human vessels for supplies and wealth, and their flying corsairs are feared across the seas." Both nations have pirates; it's just Phoenicis focused on Begnion for their role in the burning of Serenes Forest (along with other crimes against laguz like slavery). A pirate banner without pirate talk is no pirate banner to me. We just need someone to sing part of sea shanty to be complete.

I like that IS is doing more non-yearly themed banners to not be constrained by the usual festivals/holidays. It adds a bit more variety and units that fit with the theme but may have been ignored otherwise. They'll also probably repeat this theme at some point. However, they need to stop giving the free units only skills already available in the summoning pool at 4*. They could have at minimum, given Darros something like Def/Res Bond 3 at 4* since Winter Jaffar has it at 5*.

Edited by Silent Mercenary

7 hours ago, Othin said:

when was the last demote for 5*/4* heroes? Feb/April?
they really shoulda have just done it when they did everyone else. 

12 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

when was the last demote for 5*/4* heroes? Feb/April?
they really shoulda have just done it when they did everyone else. 

April. And yeah, I was really expecting her to go with them since we'd moved to a pattern where we wouldn't get more 4-5*s. But nope.