FEH Channel

Sunwoo

21 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

inb4 she gets added and takes a spot in a normal new heroes banner like Peony and Mirabilis did.

That would actually be the slightly lesser of two evils for me, but it would still be another undeserved Mythic for the Heroes OCs the others being all of the other previous ones except for Hel all the same.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and we're also just going to get Plumeria as the September Mythic anyways instead of an actually interesting Mythic.

After suffering for months in Astra, it would be most welcome.

Plus, it's not like they have as many characters to give the Mythic title, those OC Mythics give them some breathing room.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

inb4 she gets added and takes a spot in a normal new heroes banner like Peony and Mirabilis did.

Even better scenario tbh, more chance to get her for free.

I'd certainly like to get Plumeria and Triandra on New Heroes banners, as long as they're still accompanied by a fifth unit from the banner's game like Tania and Emmeryn. Way I see it, it frees up mythic slots for other stuff, makes it possible to spark for them, and potentially means getting a second demote for the banner (although Tania didn't work out that way).

14 minutes ago, Nym said:

After suffering for months in Astra, it would be most welcome.

You're talking to someone who only puts in the bare minimum effort for Aether Raids and who outright despises the mode, so Plumeria being Astra would mean nothing to me.

18 minutes ago, Nym said:

Plus, it's not like they have as many characters to give the Mythic title, those OC Mythics give them some breathing room.

Heroes has six out of the thirteen (so nearly half) of the current Mythics while several games still have zero. That should not be acceptable under any conditions.

You're talking to someone who only puts in the bare minimum effort for Aether Raids and who outright despises the mode, so Plumeria being Astra would mean nothing to me.

I don't doubt that and I also do not doubt you are the only one thinking this way. However, the concept of Mythics is mostly for AR (and I guess MS but doesn't matter) whenever or not they are from Heroes or from another game.

Heroes has six out of the thirteen (so nearly half) of the current Mythics while several games still have zero. That should not be acceptable under any conditions.

You are the not the first one to say something along those lines and I'm always surprised. I'm pretty sure IS is aiming for the long run with this game, and as I said before, Mythics have even less candidates than regular heroes or legendary heroes. Doing what you suggest would only make sure that the next year or the next would be filled by only Heroes Mythics. Worse results if you ask me.

Edited by Nym

12 minutes ago, Nym said:

You are the not the first one to say something along those lines and I'm always surprised. I'm pretty sure IS is aiming for the long run with this game, and I said before, Mythics have even less candidates than regular heroes or legendary heroes. Doing what you suggest would only make sure that the next year or the next would be filled by only Heroes Mythics. Worse results if you ask me.

Agreed. Mythics actually have significantly fewer candidates than legendaries. Pretty much anyone can be a legendary, they could get away with a legendary Tharja if they really wanted to, but only very specific characters can be mythics.

Plus, three of the current Heroes mythics didn't even take up mythic "slots" in the first place (Eir, Peony, Mirabilis), so it's not like we missed out on non-Heroes mythics for them.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I'd certainly like to get Plumeria and Triandra on New Heroes banners, as long as they're still accompanied by a fifth unit from the banner's game like Tania and Emmeryn. Way I see it, it frees up mythic slots for other stuff, makes it possible to spark for them, and potentially means getting a second demote for the banner (although Tania didn't work out that way).

Thinking about this more, if they were to go this route in the remaining Book 4 chapters, it'd probably put one in September and the other in November, to space them out a bit.

Which could mean putting one of them on the long-awaited Tellius banner. Which would be very frustrating if they skip on covering the fifth regular unit slot, but pretty funny if they do cover it and people get mad for no reason anyway.

An extra demote could even be a good opportunity for them to add a character who might otherwise have trouble fitting onto the banner. Like Boyd, who I've been hoping for but seems like he could conflict with Jill. So they could do a banner of say, Plumeria, Jill, Shinon, Gatrie as the demote, Boyd as the bonus demote, and I'm still hoping for Petrine as the GHB. That'd be cool.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

Yeah, no Farfetched Heroes Focus sucks. I like that players are able to influence the game in more meaningful ways.

It wasn't that reliable. Micaiah in CYL1 and Selkie in CYL2 ranked high enough but were ineligible, and for CYL3 I recall there being debate as to whether the likes of Awakening Anna, Lif and Louise were eligible for various reasons.

Compared to the Brave Heroes banner, which is guaranteed to be the top 2 of each gender, no ifs or buts.

On 8/6/2020 at 4:00 PM, XRay said:

Yeah, no Farfetched Heroes Focus sucks. I like that players are able to influence the game in more meaningful ways.

i'm fine with Farfetched Heroes/Brave Redux banners being over, as long as they add those heroes who should be featured in a FH/BR banner in regular New Heroes banners instead

which... they're kinda not doing recently

3 hours ago, Yexin said:

which... they're kinda not doing recently

Except they have...? Almost everyone who would have appeared on Farfetched Heroes 3.0 last November have since been put in the game. Nils and Rath were on the Dread Isle banner back in February, Lif was January's Mythic Hero, Louise and Rinea and Bruno were added on seasonal banners in 2019 and Awakening Anna was added on the Book 4 Midpoint banner back in June. The only Farfetched 3.0 missing candidates are Jill and Shinon and there is still plenty of time left this year for a Tellius new hero banner to appear (or even be added on a seasonal banner).

21 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Except they have...? Almost everyone who would have appeared on Farfetched Heroes 3.0 last November have since been put in the game. Nils and Rath were on the Dread Isle banner back in February, Lif was January's Mythic Hero, Louise and Rinea and Bruno were added on seasonal banners in 2019 and Awakening Anna was added on the Book 4 Midpoint banner back in June. The only Farfetched 3.0 missing candidates are Jill and Shinon and there is still plenty of time left this year for a Tellius new hero banner to appear (or even be added on a seasonal banner).

In fairness, we're a ways overdue for 3.0. We're about to hit Brave 4.0, after all. 

2 hours ago, Othin said:

In fairness, we're a ways overdue for 3.0. We're about to hit Brave 4.0, after all. 

I was just merely pointing out that most of the characters who would have shown up on a Farfetched banner back in November 2019 has since been added to the game not long afterwards on banners in the first half of 2020 or have already been added beforehand via seasonal alts (which I am assuming at this point if you are introduced from a seasonal banner IS counts you as being added to the game).

50 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I was just merely pointing out that most of the characters who would have shown up on a Farfetched banner back in November 2019 has since been added to the game not long afterwards on banners in the first half of 2020 or have already been added beforehand via seasonal alts (which I am assuming at this point if you are introduced from a seasonal banner IS counts you as being added to the game).

Sure. And if Jill and Shinon get added pretty soon, it'll mean we'll have all the characters that were ever really considered for it. It'll just also mean that there was a fair bit of delay for some of them, which is a legitimate complaint.

16 hours ago, Othin said:

Sure. And if Jill and Shinon get added pretty soon, it'll mean we'll have all the characters that were ever really considered for it. It'll just also mean that there was a fair bit of delay for some of them, which is a legitimate complaint.

Shinon was pretty far down in the CYL 3 rankings, he was 86th overall and the 10th highest male that wasn't in the game at the time. The only thing that would have made him "considered" for the banner is that enough more popular characters were added in other ways, which really does bring into question the need for a Farfetched banner. Even Jill was ranked 52nd, which is lower than any previous Farfetched addition. She did better in CYL 4, though. (Shinon also technically ranked better in CYL 4, but had fewer votes)

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

Shinon was pretty far down in the CYL 3 rankings, he was 86th overall and the 10th highest male that wasn't in the game at the time. The only thing that would have made him "considered" for the banner is that enough more popular characters were added in other ways, which really does bring into question the need for a Farfetched banner. Even Jill was ranked 52nd, which is lower than any previous Farfetched addition. She did better in CYL 4, though. (Shinon also technically ranked better in CYL 4, but had fewer votes)

Yeah, that's the paradox of predicting what characters "would" have been on a Farfetched banner. Whenever some of them get added another way, the spots pass down to others. What I meant by considered is that those were the characters I remember seeing serious Farfetched 3 speculation about on here, back when it was still possible for it to happen before the start of Book 4.