No Trading Run on Hector Hard Mode

Quitter

Hello! I haven't been active on Serenes Forest in years. I have still continued playing Fire Emblem and doing a few silly runs though I have come up with a run idea that I believe is a bit unique. I am sharing not because I care about views but because I want to see how far this challenge can go. As you can see from the title, I am doing a Hector Hard Mode run with a slight twist. All units are available though units are not allowed to trade items between each other. I am uploading my run on YouTube mainly to share with friends though feel free to check it out yourself obviously. I state the rules in the description of each video I upload as follows:

Rules of the run:

No use of the "Trade" command to exchange items between characters unless it is required to finish a chapter

No taking items from the Convoy (sorry Merlinus, you're useless)

I will be doing Lyn Hard mode and then Hector Hard mode.

Pseudo permanent death run.

I am uploading about a couple videos a day, I am playing a lot faster than I am uploading, I am currently at chapter 22. The biggest difficulty of this run is probably planning ahead. Marcus has become my designated boss killer since he was one of the only units around early enough to get all of the powerful weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkT6c_GYU1_lfNuCQdK33CIjF9VSWTklZ

Above is the link to the full playlist though I think it only starts getting interesting in Hector mode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_boir2Ysn3Y

Cheers!

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

So Athos is just going to hog all the legendary weapons for himself then, huh.

That's right! A lot of items are unfortunately unavailable to the units who need them. For example, Heaven seals, the lord promotion items, end up in Hector's inventory, not Eliwood or Lyn's, so they cannot promote.