Some questions and need advice for the final 2 chapters of part 2. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Hello again!

I’ve made a few posts within the last few days in regards to some questions/advice and so on, so I apologize if these have been brought up time and time again, it’s just hard to find direct answers to specific questions in regards to RD. And with RD only being my second FE game there is a lot of stuff going on.. at-least from my perspective (which I actually really enjoy).

With that said, I’m currently on part 2, and I’m looking into how to get items out of part 2 into part 3 efficiently. I also have a few other questions in regards to chapter advice/strategy, BEXP, and unit viability. 

So here is what I’m curious about:

1) I am currently on part 2 CH.3 (2.3), the “Geoffrey’s Charge” chapter. Now from looking at the availability chart, it seems like you don’t have access to any of the characters from 2.3 (Geoffrey’s Crew) whilst at the base during 2.E. 

So what I want to know is, do my units in 2.E have access to everything I put in the convoy in 2.3? For example, can I take Geoffrey’s brave lance from 2.3, stash it in the convoy, and then access said brave lance in 2.E convoy and equip it on say.. Nephenee? Or does Geoffrey and Elincia’s units/team have different convoys?

2) Now I’ve also heard that some items in part 2 are rather useful in part 3 (the hammer you can buy from the bargains in 2.3 for example, along with stat boosters). 

I’m wondering what’s the most efficient way to get items that I want from part 2 into part 3? So back to question 1, can I just stash the hammer (among other items I want) from 2.3, and load em onto Haar/Neph/Brom/Heather from the convoy in 2.E? Or should I load up Marcia during 2.3 (as I heard she joins in on Elincia the first turn of 2.E) and when she joins trade it to Haar, Nephenee, and Brom? Or is this something that’s not even that beneficial and it’s not worth going through the hassle?

3) Back to Chapter 2.3: Geoffrey’s Charge. I’ve been trying to maximize BEXP by killing  the least amount of enemies as possible. My current strategy is utilizing the reinforcements by having them charge up as meat shields (by targeting an area so they only do damage on enemy phase) and bringing up Kieran, Geoffrey, Makalov, Devdan, and Marcia to cut off chokepoints and use as additional meat-shields, and only killing enemies if I’m fully boxed in. 

My issue is every time I get close to the boss (which I get there fairly quick) everything just becomes so cluttered and I’m forced to kill quite a few enemies just so I can get to the door/boss, so I end up restarting (I’m playing on normal atm, but I avoid battle save for the extra challenge). I feel like I could just take the small BEXP loss by killing the enemies and go straight for the boss, but then I miss out on the stat booster from the enemy. So any advice or tips for this chapter to maximize BEXP gains and get the stat booster from the enemy would be awesome. 

4) Lastly, some questions on BEXP and units. Once I successfully finish 2.3, I’m going to have a bunch of BEXP (I earned max BEXP on the other chapters up until this point), and I’m wondering what should I do with it?

Should I spend it all prior to 2.E, or should I just hold onto it until it eventually pools together with everyone else? With that said.. if I was to spend any, who is worth using it on in part 2? I am really enjoying Nephenee (regret not using her in PoR as I feel like a speed boost would be really good for her), I loved Marcia in PoR (and I capped 4 stats on her for the data transfer but didn’t realize you had to be 20/20!!) but she doesn’t feel as powerful as she was (although it’s probably because it’s still early) and I know Haar is a straight beast, so are they worth dumping it on.. or should I just keep saving it? 

Okay, so I think that’s it. Once again, I do apologize if these are repeated questions, as I did try googling extensively for these and found so many mixed results or halfway answers. The thing is I really enjoy maximizing my gameplay, and as soon as I finish RD on normal I’m jumping straight into HM and want to be as optimized as possible for this run and my next run. So any answers, advice, and so on would be much appreciated and want to thank anyone in advance that does comment.

But yeah, I’m truly glad I got into fire emblem, and have been having a blast with PoR & RD, and I can’t wait to try out some other titles. Any recommendations for which FE to play after RD (preferably one with a good storyline and challenging gameplay) would be awesome. Thanks again! 

1) 
Part 2 has 1 convoy, so any weapons you drop there will be available the next chapter. Marcia joins I think it was turn 1 in 2-E, so any additional items you gain you can give to her to transfer into 2-E early. (I usually let Geoffrey use his brave lance to take out the boss in 2-3. Since the victory is seize I can let Marcia then trade for it and seize the goal.)

2)
I believe there's a killing edge that I sometimes buy, and make sure to keep some cash to buy the adept scroll in part 3. Also don't sell any expensive stuff, you get more out of transferring those to part 3. Other than that, buy what you like, I don't believe there's anything too important. (Never used a hammer in RD) Then load every item you're not using and all your expensive stuff on Lethe, Mordecai, Haar, Nephenee and Brom. The chapter you get these characters back in part 3 is also the chapter you get a silver card which means that is the best time to stock up on weapons.

3)
My usual strategy is to have all yellow units retreat (most enemies wait until anyone comes close), leave Kieran with them to take out the few units that will follow them. Rush upwards with Geoffrey, Marcia and Devdan. Leave Makalov and Astrid undeployed. You will still have to kill quite a few enemies, but it's the most efficient way I've found. Have Marcia and Devdan go for the speedwing, let Geoffrey take out the boss, Marcia can probably seize right after Geoffrey beats the boss.

4)
Marcia could use some levels as she's really good for the part 3 Crimea chapter (place her unarmed behind the boss to get the stat booster asap). Other than that if any of your units has capped a few stats, bring them to lvl 20. Otherwise just save it for later.

As for your next FE, I don't know what you've played but every FE from 6 through 16 is at least worth one playthrough imo. (For 1-3 just play the remake, for 4-5 just wait for the remake. Again, imo)

1) They have the same convoy.

2. Yeah, you'd have to give them to one of those four. Also of note to transfer are Arms Scrolls - aka, gems in disguise. You might find a few on these maps if you're lucky (in case you don't know already, there are hidden items on a lot of maps in this game).

3) I'ma be frank, going for the BEXP is not worth it. You get some for every enemy unit that survives, but to get the max, you'd have to let 50 (!!!) enemy units survive. You ask me, that's asking waaaay too much. The Halberdier with the Speedwing is aggroed by getting close to that area.

4) I'd wait until units start capping to use it.

On the subject of your next FE, I'd recommend either Three Houses or one of the 3DS games.

Edited by Shadow Mir

@whase @Shadow Mir

Thank you guys so much!

Both of your answers have been extremely helpful, and I can’t wait to finish part 2 when I get back on later, and I’ll be giving your strat a go for chapter 3 whase. If I have any issues or other questions I may write back here to you guys if that’s okay, but yeah.. thanks again! 

10 hours ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

@whase @Shadow Mir

Thank you guys so much!

Both of your answers have been extremely helpful, and I can’t wait to finish part 2 when I get back on later, and I’ll be giving your strat a go for chapter 3 whase. If I have any issues or other questions I may write back here to you guys if that’s okay, but yeah.. thanks again! 

No problem, let us know how it goes! I enjoy helping so ask me anything.

On 8/5/2020 at 2:56 AM, whase said:

No problem, let us know how it goes! I enjoy helping so ask me anything.

@whase

Hey dude, sorry to trouble you, I got a quick question if you got the time.. 

So I’ve been using Shinon now that I’m in part 3, and I’m actually really enjoying him. So now I’m at 3-4, and there’s a bow called “Silencer” available at the shop after reading the info conversation. What I want to know is... what exactly is the deal with this bow? Other than having 16 MT, does it have any special qualities that aren’t listed?

Because I crafted a max MT/Crit steel bow when I had the silver card, which has 10 more crit and only 1 less MT than the “Silencer” (forge has 15mt/15crit/100hit vs Silencer 16/5/100), and I’m not really sure if 1 more MT is worth 8,000 gold... especially when I can craft a new max MT/Crit steel bow for (slightly) less than 8,000 without the silver card. I’m probably going to pass it up, but would be good to know for my next playthrough when I do HM. I’m gonna kick myself if it has a special quality that I’m not noticing... lol. 

But yeah, everything went super smooth after your guys advice for part 2. I managed to leave 40+ rebels alive for the 2.3 BEXP boost, and the final chapter of part 2 has been my favorite chapter out of any FE chapter/map I’ve played so far (only played PoR and still working through RD), had a hell of a time trying to get that dracoshield... haha! But yeah, thanks again, and thanks in advance if you can help me out with this one! 

edit: Also, one more question. I also got my first master crown (from 3.3), what do you recommend I do with it? I was thinking of using it on Haar since he’s level 19 and has 4 stats capped (str, skill, spd, and def) and jump start him into T3, is that a good use for it? Or is it better to just let him level him there with BEXP (or naturally) and try to get a few more stat points into HP/luck/res? I also have Soren with 4 stats capped (mag, skill, spd, and res) and he’s only level 9 (I had PoR transfers for him).. I feel he might be a good candidate for it too, as soon as he hits lvl 10.. so I can start building up more speed on him early. I mean it’s also probably possible to BEXP him to lvl 20 and cap defense and get like 10 extra HP (He’d be at 40 HP and 17 defense lol) outa the deal, but that seems a bit excessive for a non-frontliner.. but could be cool nonetheless. 

What do you think? How plentiful are master crowns as a whole btw? 

Edited by Arevir Wehttam
another question

2 hours ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

So I’ve been using Shinon now that I’m in part 3, and I’m actually really enjoying him. So now I’m at 3-4, and there’s a bow called “Silencer” available at the shop after reading the info conversation. What I want to know is... what exactly is the deal with this bow? Other than having 16 MT, does it have any special qualities that aren’t listed?

Because I crafted a max MT/Crit steel bow when I had the silver card, which has 10 more crit and only 1 less MT than the “Silencer” (forge has 15mt/15crit/100hit vs Silencer 16/5/100), and I’m not really sure if 1 more MT is worth 8,000 gold... especially when I can craft a new max MT/Crit steel bow for (slightly) less than 8,000 without the silver card. I’m probably going to pass it up, but would be good to know for my next playthrough when I do HM. I’m gonna kick myself if it has a special quality that I’m not noticing... lol. 

It isn't really worth it, especially since later on, you get one for the low, low price of... free.

edit: Also, one more question. I also got my first master crown (from 3.3), what do you recommend I do with it? I was thinking of using it on Haar since he’s level 19 and has 4 stats capped (str, skill, spd, and def) and jump start him into T3, is that a good use for it? Or is it better to just let him level him there with BEXP (or naturally) and try to get a few more stat points into HP/luck/res? I also have Soren with 4 stats capped (mag, skill, spd, and res) and he’s only level 9 (I had PoR transfers for him).. I feel he might be a good candidate for it too, as soon as he hits lvl 10.. so I can start building up more speed on him early. I mean it’s also probably possible to BEXP him to lvl 20 and cap defense and get like 10 extra HP (He’d be at 40 HP and 17 defense lol) outa the deal, but that seems a bit excessive for a non-frontliner.. but could be cool nonetheless. 

What do you think? How plentiful are master crowns as a whole btw? 

Those could be good uses for it. By the way, you only get a small handful of master crowns.

@Shadow Mir

Thanks a ton dude.

Definitely helped save me quite a bit of gold on the bow. As for the master crown.. I’m still a little torn on who to use it on (I do this with just about every stat booster/item.. I wayyyy overthink it). When I get back on I think I’ll just throw it on Soren since he has 4 really good stats capped and still needs a lot of exp for natural promotion (only lvl 9, almost 10) compared to Haar who is so close to natural promotion anyway (even though Haar is clearly the better character).. and try not to think about it too much, lol.

One other thing; other than the Laguz Royals, which Laguz are really worth using? I like the Laguz from a story perspective, but am having trouble using them and working around the gauge, now that I got a bunch of Olivi Grass, I’d like to put it to use. Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks again though man, I really appreciate it. You’ve be incredibly helpful! 

2 minutes ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

One other thing; other than the Laguz Royals, which Laguz are really worth using? I like the Laguz from a story perspective, but am having trouble using them and working around the gauge, now that I got a bunch of Olivi Grass, I’d like to put it to use. Any recommendations would be great.

The hawks and Skrimir. That's literally it for good laguz in this game.

4 hours ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

If you used Volug enough in part 1 to get him close to or reach S rank strike, he'll continue to be good.

The hawks from PoR, Janaff and Ulki, are pretty good right out the gate for most of the rest of the game.

A couple others you'll get in part 4 are quite good, though by then you're less likely to actually need Olivi Grass.

Ranulf has good stats, but cats have the worst gauge, so there would be a lot of managing there. Up to you.

The rest are probably not worth trying on a first run of the game.

5 hours ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

One other thing; other than the Laguz Royals, which Laguz are really worth using?

I may have confused FE9 with FE10, but I think Muraim is pretty okay.

And Giffca is amazing. One of the best units, I think. Quickclaw is also nice.

Thanks everyone!

Sorry if I shouldn’t be keeping this thread alive with new questions, but I guess it’s better than spamming the board with new posts on the regular.

I’m currently up to 3-6 (when you first regain access to the DB), the kill all Laguz chapter. I’ve heard a lot of stuff in regards to this chapter in terms of difficulty when looking up other things, so I just have a few questions if anyone can help.

1) What levels should my DB units be for this chapter or just in general? As I only have 2 promoted units at the moment (not counting free pre-promotes or Micaiah), Nolan (20/3) and Jill (20/4). Edward, Leonardo, and Aran maybe gained 10 or so levels combined between the 3 of them. I haven’t touched Meg or Fiona. And lastly; Sothe (-/6) and Zihark (-/5) gained a few levels each, and Volug is at his starting level. I’m asking because I have a ton of BEXP (16,000) from where I left off with the DB and am curious if I should dump some or just hold onto it for when my units start capping stats.

2) As for the 3-6 chapter in general. What team composition, and skill placement is ideal? I left a ton skills with the DB (I think I left everything but savior). And also is there any items really worth buying from the 3-6 bargains (I already purchased a beastkiller much earlier on)?

3) And lastly, are any DB units really worth grinding out for endgame? I know Nolan and Jill are both good. However I’m not sure if Nolan will surpass my Boyd, as I had transfers for him (speed, HP, and strength) and he’s been getting really rng blessed with his levels, and is having 2 Warriors/Reavers needed? As for Jill, I really do like her and it sucks my transfers didn’t go through (didn’t realize I needed to be 20/20), but I know damn well I’ll be using Haar.. so is she also worth grinding out?

I think that’s it. As always, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Everyone has been super helpful so far, and just want to say thanks again.

Edited by Arevir Wehttam

1 hour ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

1) What levels should my DB units be for this chapter or just in general? As I only have 2 promoted units at the moment (not counting free pre-promotes or Micaiah), Nolan (20/3) and Jill (20/4). Edward, Leonardo, and Aran maybe gained 10 or so levels combined between the 3 of them. I haven’t touched Meg or Fiona. And lastly; Sothe (-/6) and Zihark (-/5) gained a few levels each, and Volug is at his starting level. I’m asking because I have a ton of BEXP (16,000) from where I left off with the DB and am curious if I should dump some or just hold onto it for when my units start capping stats.

At this point ignore anyone who's not promoted (except Laura, since you'll want healing). Probably hold onto BEXP.

2) As for the 3-6 chapter in general. What team composition, and skill placement is ideal? I left a ton skills with the DB (I think I left everything but savior). And also is there any items really worth buying from the 3-6 bargains (I already purchased a beastkiller much earlier on)?

You should just bring everyone that isn't being ignored (assuming you take the above advice). The only specific skill advice I'd give is to remove Wildheart from Volug so he can use the full transformation, which makes a huge difference in his combat. The Physic and Beastkiller will be nice to have (you'll be fighting a lot of beasts), and you can get the axes if you think either Jill or Nolan or both aren't doing too well without the extra power.

3) And lastly, are any DB units really worth grinding out for endgame? I know Nolan and Jill are both good. However I’m not sure if Nolan will surpass my Boyd, as I had transfers for him (speed, HP, and strength) and he’s been getting really rng blessed with his levels, and is having 2 Warriors/Reavers needed? As for Jill, I really do like her and it sucks my transfers didn’t go through (didn’t realize I needed to be 20/20), but I know damn well I’ll be using Haar.. so is she also worth grinding out?

Jill is largely considered the best Beorc unit by the later chapters. You can just use both her and Haar. Nolan can certainly be good, especially if he's as blessed as you say. You should never be worried about using multiple units from the same class, especially axe users, unless you just have a particular preference for team variety, but at that point it's only that, preference. If you're playing to beat the game, team variety is a useless metric, so use the same class over and over again if the units are good.

How are you enjoying the game?

@Florete

Thanks a ton, I really appreciate it! I’m getting on in a few, and I’m looking forward to knocking out a few more chapters.

As for enjoying the game; I absolutely love it! My only FE game prior to RD has been PoR, so RD is a lot to take in coming only from PoR with how the game plays out, so it was a bit hard for me to transition into at first as I just had so many questions jumping between the different parts, but at the same time I really love how RD forces new characters on you so you’re not stuck steamrolling the entire game with the same few units. Plus I found PoR a tad bit too easy for my taste, even on hard (as I’m sure most people do), so that’s another plus for RD as I much prefer RD’s difficulty and along with the aforementioned jumping between different units I feel it can add a lot replay value, and can’t wait to jump into hard mode soon as I round this first run out.

Now story wise, I thought PoR storytelling and character building was some of the best lore I’ve experienced in a video game, I couldn’t get enough of it, which is one of the main reasons I chose RD as my second FE game. Now if I’m being honest... I feel the story telling got taken a peg down in RD (imo) and I’m not too happy with the removal of the base support conversations (I absolutely loved these in PoR!!) for the map conversations (which seem to not even make sense half the time.. lol). However, that’s not to say I think it’s all bad, as I still find the story to be enjoyable in RD and I really like some of the new characters, especially Micaiah, as you get to see how Daein citizens viewed the war from the previous game.

All in all I find that RD, along with FE as a whole incredibly enjoyable and never realized how much depth these games have, and I regret not getting into the series earlier. I’m really looking forward to trying out some other titles once I’m done with RD. But yeah, just want to say thank you again. 

Edit/Update: So I took your advice, and just finished 3-6!

I ended up only deploying:

- Zihark: straight MvP, pocc’ing adept and hitting crits left and right, used paragon on him and he got like 7 (amazing!) levels

- Nolan: I have a B support between him and Zihark, and the two of them reliably took out the entire northern section with hardly any issue. I used Resolve on him which worked out great! 

- Sothe: slotted cancel onto him along with beastkiller, and he was untouchable.

- Volug: remove halfshift and went with imbue and renewal; regenerating 10 HP per turn, so he probably coulda been fine on his own, but I had him and Sothe stay together on the east side.

- Micaiah: I trained up her staffs up as much as I could during the chapter, with a bit of chip damage here and there.

- Laura: same as Micaiah, I also burned a Master Seal on her, considering she was only lvl 10 and I’m probably not gonna use her long-term, dunno really what else to do with them.. plus the 1 extra move and offensive attacks is nice.

- Jill: I used her to rotate between the north and east sections, she had beastfoe and a 16mt axe forge, so she was one shotting tigers without even letting them retaliate, straight up beastmode.

All in all super fun chapter, had to restart once as I lost Laura really early trying to figure out the spawns. Can’t wait to get back to this one on HM!

Edited by Arevir Wehttam
update

Great to hear you're enjoying the game!

I generally agree with all the advice given above, though there are a few points I'd like to add onto.
- Boyd and Nolan have the advantage of being in a class that have more space for skills than most other Beorc classes, and with the right setup they can double certain enemies in the final chapter with a brave axe (which means 4 hits), taking them down in 1 turn single handed, which I've always found super useful.
- You still have a desert chapter coming up in which more flyers is more better, make sure Jill stays in Micaiah's party in part 4.
- General rule for bexp, only give it to units that have capped 2 or more stats. Then just dump a whole bunch on them until they are either lvl 20 or have capped all but 2 stats. then promote them using a seal.
- As for Laguz, the hawks and Giffca are okay, but even them I feel are hardly worth using. Letting yourself use Laguz sounds more like a challenge then a help to me. (Besides early game Volug and Maurim, part 2 Mordecai and the royals.) Training the dragons as a challenge can be fun and can really pay off though, but that's a late-game thing.

Although I will say I might have a different experience than most since I always use small teams.

@whase

Thanks for the additional advice!

I got another small question if you or anyone has the time. So I’m on 3-7 (rivals collide), I’m controlling Ike’s army and I’m fighting Micaiah/Daein.

I’m just wondering... is there anything interesting/unique about this chapter or any chapter for that matter where Ike and Micaiah fight (other than being able to defect with certain units)? It says the victory condition is just survive for 12 turns, so I’m wondering do you obtain anything by say.. killing the black knight with Ike (if it’s even possible), or anything along those lines? 

Edited by Arevir Wehttam

I’m just wondering... is there anything interesting/unique about this chapter or any chapter for that matter where Ike and Micaiah fight (other than being able to defect with certain units)? It says the victory condition is just survive for 12 turns, so I’m wondering do you obtain anything by say.. killing the black knight with Ike (if it’s even possible), or anything along those lines? 

Not really, unless you're on a second playthrough. Even then, the Black Knight must survive (which, given his stats, shouldn't be too much to ask since his stats would likely give you the impression that it's suicide to fight him).

9 hours ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

’m just wondering... is there anything interesting/unique about this chapter or any chapter for that matter where Ike and Micaiah fight (other than being able to defect with certain units)? It says the victory condition is just survive for 12 turns, so I’m wondering do you obtain anything by say.. killing the black knight with Ike (if it’s even possible), or anything along those lines? 

I always find it fun to let Ike talk to the black knight, (use a magic card thingy, it won't be countered. Have Reyson help Ike get to BK, afterwards rescue Ike using Haar and/or the hawks) but other than some unique conversations between characters, nothing of interest here.

6 minutes ago, whase said:

I always find it fun to let Ike talk to the black knight, (use a magic card thingy, it won't be countered. Have Reyson help Ike get to BK, afterwards rescue Ike using Haar and/or the hawks) but other than some unique conversations between characters, nothing of interest here.

This is literally (almost) exacty what I did... haha! Only difference was I actually attacked the BK with Ike in 1 range, thank god BK didn’t proc Eclipse or whatever that skill is called. I experimented quite a bit with that chapter trying to get the characters to communicate, I loved the dialogue between the BK and Ike, and Sothe and Ike’s dialogue was also great (got the chills when Ike said “Before you challenge me, you better prepare to never see that girl again.. “). I’m super excited to see how the rest of the game/story unfolds.

Thanks again, as always.. everything is greatly appreciated! 

@whase @Florete

Hey guys, sorry to bump an old thread, but I’m nearing the very end of the game, and have a few questions in regards to which weapons I should bless.  

I just finished taking out the BK, and I’m at 4-F-3, and I’m right before where the blessing of your weapons take place. I’m wondering which weapons I should bless, so to give you an idea... here is my party, and the weapons I think I’m going to go with: (I’ll only list the ones I’m torn on)

Sanaki - Rexflame / Cymbeline / Meteor.
I feel like I can safely get her strength high enough to use Rexflame without taking too much of a attack speed penatly, so it’s probably either Rexflame or Meteor

Micaiah - Purge / Rexaura.  
I mostly use Micaiah for healing/utility and chip/chunk damage when possible.. meaning I’m not attacking rather often with her, so I’m thinking of just going with Purge for the occasional snipes here and there from the distance, unless light magic gets more powerful in the last few maps.. than maybe Rexaura is the better option? I also have Valaura, Nosferatu, and Thani... not sure if these are even worth considering though.

Nephenee  - Wishblade / Brave Lance.  
I’m not sure if I should go with the WB or BL. I feel BL has potential for more damage as it’s more chances to proc skills, crits, and so on. On top of that, brave weapons should come out to more overall damage, but at the same time they have less accuracy and lack 1-2 range.

Shinon - Double Bow / Brave Bow.
Same idea as above with Nephenee. 

Soren - Rexcalibur / Blizzard.  
I’m not sure if long range magic is more ideal in the last few maps. My soren has everything capped (including HP/defense) so he is a pretty competent fighter, and I’m comfortable getting him up close, which is why I’m leaning more towards Rexcalibur.

Mia - Alondite / Vague Katti / Brave Sword.
This one I’m really torn on. I know Vague Katti has the highest MT along with really good accuracy, Alondite has that sweet 1-2 range with above average accuracy, and the Brave Sword gives me potential to hit 4 times, meaning more chances at landing a crit, activating Astra, and so on.. at the cost of less accuracy and no 1-2 range. 

As for the rest of my characters, I think I’m good with them. I have 3 Axe users (Jill, Haar, and Boyd) and I was going to bless: Urvan, 21 MT forge, and Brave Axe (or would a max MT/Crit/Accuracy forge hand axe w/ a goddess coin be a good option?). Ike and Elincia will get their prf weapons. Sothe will bless Baselard and give it to Volke, Volke will bless peshkatz so he’ll have 2 options (bless weapons can be passed around... right??). Then the rest of my cast is Laguz (Ena, Kurth, Ulki, and Reyson), I didn’t want to use Royals as to not make things too easy.

So yeah, I’m more or less torn on whether I should go with Brave vs SS weapons, Alondite vs Vague Katti vs Brave Sword, and Long Range magic vs Rex/SS magic. For reference, this is my first playthrough and I am on normal difficulty. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Arevir Wehttam

30 minutes ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

I feel like I can safely get her strength high enough to use Rexflame without taking too much of a attack speed penatly, so it’s probably either Rexflame or Meteor

Cymbeline. Rexflame isn't that much stronger, and she's probably losing too much AS to benefit from the speed boost anyway.

32 minutes ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

I mostly use Micaiah for healing/utility and chip/chunk damage when possible.. meaning I’m not attacking rather often with her, so I’m thinking of just going with Purge for the occasional snipes here and there from the distance, unless light magic gets more powerful in the last few maps.. than maybe Rexaura is the better option? I also have Valaura, Nosferatu, and Thani... not sure if these are even worth considering though.

Rexaura. Whilst blessing long-range magic is a nice novelty, at the end of the day, it's little more than a novelty.

33 minutes ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

I’m not sure if long range magic is more ideal in the last few maps. My soren has everything capped (including HP/defense) so he is a pretty competent fighter, and I’m comfortable getting him up close, which is why I’m leaning more towards Rexcalibur.

Rexcalibur for above reasons.

34 minutes ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

I’m not sure if I should go with the WB or BL. I feel BL has potential for more damage as it’s more chances to proc skills, crits, and so on. On top of that, brave weapons should come out to more overall damage, but at the same time they have less accuracy and lack 1-2 range.

Wishblade. Honestly, I fail to see the chance to hit 4 times with braves to outweigh the extra power (and in this case, range) that SS weapons have. Amiti is the one exception to this.

36 minutes ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

Double Bow for reasons stated above.

36 minutes ago, Arevir Wehttam said:

This one I’m really torn on. I know Vague Katti has the highest MT along with really good accuracy, Alondite has that sweet 1-2 range with above average accuracy, and the Brave Sword gives me potential to hit 4 times, meaning more chances at landing a crit, activating Astra, and so on.. at the cost of less accuracy and no 1-2 range. 

Alondite. Whilst the Vague Katti is slightly stronger, it's also 1-range, which is not a good thing when literally everything has range. Also, the bosses are immune to crits and have Nihil.

On 8/18/2020 at 3:09 PM, Arevir Wehttam said:

Unless your Sanaki is going to be hitting capped Spd and 13 Str, go with Meteor. She won't be doubling anything after the dragons regardless, and she doesn't want to take counters from dragons anyway. And since she's so squishy keeping her away is better.

Pretty much the same as above except that Micaiah has no chance at all of doubling later enemies. Purge.

Wishblade. Skills and crits aren't really going to be a thing after 4-E-3.

Double Bow, as above.

On one hand the same logic as for Sanaki and Micaiah could apply here, but your Soren actually has the bulk to take a hit or two so putting him in the fray with Rexcalibur is a valid option. He won't be doubling, though.

Since you have the Wishblade, Double Bow, and Ike w/Ragnell, you can reasonably afford to go with Vague Katti, but it's not a big deal either way. Just not Brave Sword.

As for the rest of my characters, I think I’m good with them. I have 3 Axe users (Jill, Haar, and Boyd) and I was going to bless: Urvan, 21 MT forge, and Brave Axe (or would a max MT/Crit/Accuracy forge hand axe w/ a goddess coin be a good option?). Ike and Elincia will get their prf weapons. Sothe will bless Baselard and give it to Volke, Volke will bless peshkatz so he’ll have 2 options (bless weapons can be passed around... right??).

All of this is good as is.

Edited by Florete

I mostly agree with those above me. Double bow, Wishblade, Alondite because 1-2 range is really valuable in the endgame. Rexcaliber because it's stronger. For Sanaki see how much she'll be slowed down by Rexflame and if the +speed helps more than the weight hurts.

As for Micaiah, if you're not using her a lot for attacking, you could also go for Valaura for jokes. Certain enemies in the endgame will always choose healing over attacking, even if the damage is only 1 from poison. But that'd be just for fun, otherwise go for Rexaura. (That said, if you were using another light mage, Thani would be another great option, it's really surprisingly strong.)

I finally finished the game! Absolutely loved the PoR/RD saga, and I’m really glad these were the two games that got me into the series, as I am now absolutely hooked on FE! And I just want to say thanks to everyone who took time to give me advice, especially those who went into specific detail, you guys made my play-through much easier and helped a ton. 

I’m looking into starting a new game on HM on radiant dawn, but I have a few questions... more so looking for recommendations:

- I want to do a HM run, but I’m not too big on the idea of losing enemy battle ranges. Is there any gecko codes/hacks, or so forth that enables enemy battle range on HM? I’ve tried searching and only found ones that work directly on the wii itself (I use dolphin).

- With the last question in mind, is there any community/fan-made projects that revolve around rebalancing Radiant Dawn/PoR that also gives the game a fresh take? The ones I came across seem rather extreme, and am looking for something more subtle (just basic rebalancing to some characters, weapons, classes, etc).

- And lastly, any recommendations for which FE game to play next? I prefer a good challenge with a solid/decent story. Or rather is there any FE games I should flat out avoid?

I’ll probably end up doing my own research for these above questions, but if you guys could help point me in the right direction, that’d be awesome. If not, just want to say thanks again.. you guys made this playthrough awesome for me, and I can’t wait to run through the game a second time!

Can't help on the hacks part.

Given that you like PoR/RD, here's my recommendations:

1) Three Houses
The worldbuilding is pretty well done (not Tellius-tier good, but close enough) and the characters are amazing. Some find hard mode too easy (don't jump into maddening though), but don't forget you can skip optional content to make things harder for yourself.

2) The Sacred Stones
Another game many find too easy, but is just all around a pretty good game, okay story, good characters, nice gameplay.

3) Awakening
I'll just say it, I'm not a great fan of this game. I dislike the story and the characters. But I do feel I should mention it since so many people do like it. And I'll admit, the gameplay kept me hooked for multiple playthroughs.