The Developer of the last non IS developed game you played is in charge of the next FE game. How will it be like?

Shrimpica

Just a Forum game i stole from somewhere else...

Let's start this!

The last game i played is Xenoblade by Monolith soft...

Hmm, i feel like if they were in charge of a FE game, it will be a grand one. Kinda like FE4? But with alot more Side objectives to do, to the point it can get tiring.

I think they will also try to do more with party member interaction, gameplay wise. 

Also, full in into Magitech, i think.

Armagon's dream becoming a reality

I just finished a session of Crusader Kings 2 (made by Paradox), albeit with a mod.

... so basically just CK2 with a FE theme (or maybe more like CK3 now since it was just developed or is at like 98% progress or so) and battles aren't just numbers on a chart, we'd get to play them in typical FE style I guess.

As a side note, I'm pretty sure people have tried to make CK2 mods involving FE... but they always get abandoned.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

The last non-IS game I played was Katamari Damacy Reroll, so I guess Bamco would be in charge of a new FE.

They have a solid history with the Tales of series, so I guess it has a chance of being good. I don't actually know much about Bamco other than their scrapped work on Metroid Prime 4. But their experience with RPGs should give them a bit of help in making a new FE game.

They'd probably make it even more like a JRPG, tbh. Most likely less strategy involved, as a result of becoming more like an RPG. 

For the writing, I guess it would have about as much quality as can be found in a Tales game; being inconsistent is what I expect.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Played to completion or just played in general?

Because if it's played to completion, it's Type-Moon, since I finished Fate/Extra just a few days back.
If it's just played in general, it'll be Falcom, since I am now on break from playing Trails in the Sky.

Let's go with the first one, shall we?

Okay, so the game has multiple routes, each with a really bittersweet ending.
And yet despite the rather bleak and dark setting and plot, the game will be mostly remembered for its plentiful amount of hilarious memes.

Oh, and the best female character in it does not get a route of her own.

And the female avatar is so cute you wish she had her own route instead.

Writing will be solid to excellent, especially the humorous scenes will be on point.

Sid Meier's Fire Emblem XVII.

You could argue the developers would be Firaxis or Soren Johnson, since I was just playing Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword. Those two would probably make quite different games.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

As a side note, I'm pretty sure people have tried to make CK2 mods involving FE... but they always get abandoned.

There have been successful mods to put Fire Emblem nations in Civilization 5, which is a bit less complex mechanically and uses a randomly generated map and all that.

The Witcher 3.  Cool! An FE game that isn't shy with its casual treatment of hack and slash butchery, has multiple choices for how to approach a resolution, has several hundred hours of sidequest content, and has uncensored sex scenes.  On top of that, an FE game with decent writing for a change.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Armagon's dream becoming a reality

You know me so well.

The last game i played before making this was Origami King but that's IS so it doesn't count. I was replaying Torna ~ The Golden Country before that though so i guess i'll also be doing Monolith Soft. 

• Assuming Tetsuya Takahashi leads the team, a Monolith Soft-developed Fire Emblem game easily has the potential to become the best written Fire Emblem game in both the story and character department. If not, well it can still be pretty good. 
  • Monolith Soft actually has some SRPG experience thanks to Project X Zone so this wouldn't be new to them.
  • Support Convos would actually feature multiple characters instead of exclusively following the "character A talks to character B" format. Also character development wouldn't reset in-between different Support Convos.
    • I'm trying to be realistic but since this is just for fun, imagine characters getting multiple paralouges to them instead of just one per character/two characters. 
  • The world would likely have a unique flair instead of being medieval fantasy world #728493. Hell, even if they do a medieval fantasy world, it'd probably be the best-looking one in the series, even if you likely won't be able to explore it.
  • Mecha-exclusive chapters where you can do crazy shit.
  • Fire Emblem with music by ACE+

Katawa Shoujo. Four Leaf Studios.
Well, I can probably expect people to be concerned by a FE game made by people from 4Chan. At the same time though, it is probably one of the most well-written things I have experienced up to this point. And that’s just the first route I played. It’s a visual novel, too, so I might expect some elements to pop up in the next FE game.

Aside from that, I think Four Leaf Studios will just round up some other people inside and/or outside 4Chan to do the actual gameplay. I dunno, I have not played their other works.

I’m pretty sure they’ll be self-aware to do that, and maybe even aware that a single story route might be best. I dunno.

The last non-FE I played was a revisit of Suikoden V. Pretty sure the team which made it has long since disbanded, but if they all get together again, the Fire Emblem they made would most likely have outstanding writing and the worst gameplay in the series.

1 minute ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

The last non-FE I played was a revisit of Suikoden V. Pretty sure the team which made it has long since disbanded, but if they all get together again, the Fire Emblem they made would most likely have outstanding writing and the worst gameplay in the series.

And yet I feel that would become my favorite in the series.

I play fire Emblem for the characters, so I guess it would not be as much of an issue to me.

The last non-IS game I played on my own was the remake of Link's Awakening, so the developers are the team at Grezzo that make remakes for Nintendo.

The next FE game would be a remake; almost certainly a remake of Geneology of the Holy War. Unlike Echoes, however, it knows what to preserve and what to update for the most part. It would thus more than likely be the best-received of all the FE remakes. 

That's 2 people who have said Xenoblade, so I'll go to the one before that, which was... Octopath Traveler

Well, for one thing, OT's overarching plot honestly seems like an FE game, so not much change there. The time in between would be spent on more character focused narratives.

Depending on how closely they adhere to either OT or FE we could get a) a free-flowing game akin to OT where you make the choices about where you head next, meaning that character interaction would depend on who you've recruted- thus it'd be closer to OT's Travel Banter where it's optional and feels kind of forced in the context of the story, but the quality of the interactions is top-tier. This would of course mean a greater degree of choice than we've ever seen in the franchise- the story would basically be written by us. Or b) they stick to the FE formula, so the story is a fixed, linear tale, but the greater character focus + the fact that parties are fixed at certain points of the game would lead to more concrete, well-implemented character moments, like Travel Banter if it was written as part of the story instead of being optional. I feel like you can't go wrong with the latter approach, but that's just me.

The graphics would be absolutely stunning, and the music would have the potential to surpass Echoes as my favourite OST.

Gameplay, as I said, would either be linear or intensely choice focused. It'd be cool if reclassing instead focused on adding subjobs to your regular classes instead of just swapping completely. Now I want an armoured flier in the same vein as a Great Knight.

Oh, and somebody would say "Mrgrgr".

The last game I played and recently finished was Trails of Cold Steel 3 so...Falcom. I know they are known for making RPGs but I don't know if they ever made a SRPG game. At the very least the music, writing and the lore/world building should be great.

Fallout 4, Bethesda. Well, I'd love to see a Elder Scrolls style FE game. Just a western RPG set in the world. Yeah, I could see that working out. Also, I'd dig a soundtrack by Inon Zurr. Dude makes the most atmospheric music I've listened to in a long time.

Edited by Sir Gerwald of Vallora

Orange Juice

Hmmm

You get cards instead of character skills, and eachvturn you can use these cards how you see fit. Some can be used on field, some can be used in battle and some can be set as traps. Also dice rolls to give hit and avo bonuses

6 hours ago, Perkilator said:

I last played Smash Ultimate. So either Sakurai's first attempt at a proper FE game or a spinoff with Smash gameplay.

or this

:D

8 hours ago, Gordin said:

..Idea factory?

Hyperdevotion time!

12 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Type-Moon

There's that one doujin game

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Every one hates that guy xD

What's the point if he's not even funny? I mean, really!
Granted, I only know about him from you and Armagon, so I only have second-hand knowledge, but still.

---

Also, I just realized that Fate/Extra was co-developed by imageepoch.
Stella Glow?
Yay!

Edited by DragonFlames

Last game I played was Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite so I guess we're getting a Capcom developed Fire Emblem fighting game spin-off. Though Capcom has made all kinds of games in the past so I'm sure they could handle a main line title as well.

Well this should be a doozy

• Imagine designing a fire emblem game starring brother and sister protagonists. They journey to a land of dinosaurs to search for a cure for their father's illness, fighting dinos and making allies with others. New mounted classes of humans riding dinosaurs.
  • Oops Miyamoto was invited to check in on the project. Says the brother protagonist reminds him of Fox McCloud.
  • It's a Star Fox game now, despite the utter lack of sci fi elements.
  • Your company bankrupts and was purchased by Microsoft, but you're still contracted to make this dumb Star Fox game on the gamecube. Most of your talented colleagues leave to work on better projects.
  • The sister protagonist is stuck in a refrigerator after the game's prologue, and she doesn't get to say or do anything while the rest of the game stars Fox McCloud.
  • Fox McCloud is characterized as a greedy anti hero jackass only motivated by the money he's owed to save the day. 
  • The completely original villain you had come up with is dethroned in the game's final moments by a revived Andross who was not foreshadowed in the slightest.
Edited by Glennstavos

• 3 weeks later...

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing In Disguise.  White Owls, Inc.

An FE game with graphics that look like they're from 10 years ago and has framerate and pop-in issues  Despite this, it sure has a cool open world to traverse along with side quest minigames that fit with the games weird atmosphere. It also has some of the most zanny characters the franchise has ever brought out along with a story based around a murder mystery that leaves a young woman butchered in some "artistic" way that goes from creepy to gleefully bizarre.  The enemy units would be monsters from an otherworld that you could basically grind for a few hours and you would be all set for cash to get you through the rest of the game just in case you have to pay a daily fee to stay in your fortress.  I bet a game like this would sure be a new experience for the fandom to say the least.