The Developer of the last non IS developed game you played is in charge of the next FE game. How will it be like?

Shrimpica

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated.  Developer Purple Lamp Studios.

Not sure a remake gives an idea of what sort of game a developer would make and this studio sure is relatively new on top of it.  Anyway these guys also brought out The Guild 3 and MisBits both of which are heavily online games.  Looks like Heroes wouldn't be the only FE game I wouldn't play due to its reliance on online.  By the way, am I alone in thinking a SpongeBob crossover with FE would be something amazing?

8 hours ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

Not sure a remake gives an idea of what sort of game a developer would make and this studio sure is relatively new on top of it.  Anyway these guys also brought out The Guild 3 and MisBits both of which are heavily online games.  Looks like Heroes wouldn't be the only FE game I wouldn't play due to its reliance on online.  By the way, am I alone in thinking a SpongeBob crossover with FE would be something amazing?

No, but I will admit to not knowing I agreed with you until just now.

• 1 month later...

Star Wars: Squadrons.  Motive Studios.

Oh no you don't EA.  This, Fallen Order, and the campaign portion of Battlefront II were great, but that doesn't give you the right to work on an FE game when the rest of your release portfolio has to be taken into consideration.  I seriously think this might be a nightmare scenario for pretty much everybody who can imagine it.

That being said, in an alternate universe where I do trust EA, at least Motive Studios would make a single player campaign with a story that would more or less be standard FE fare but the story mode would be a simple fun action game.  I'm not sure if anybody has seen gameplay for the game Godfall yet, but I imagine that it would be kind of like that without the looter aspects.  Something along the lines of a scaled down Fire Emblem Warriors with sections of the game having an emphasis on wyvern/pegasus flight sections.

Last game I played would be Ori and the Blind Forest which means that Moon Studios would be developing the game.

I imagine they would keep the main gameplay of FE intact but everything else would be much different.
- Characters and the environment would be very whimsical and beautifully animated in their style. The game would look gorgeous.
- The characters themselves wouldn't be human but rather strange whimsical mammal creatures, looking kinda like human variations of animals.
- The gameplay itself would also feature puzzles in some way and introduce wild and creative mechanics. The core of it would be simple to grasp.
- The story would be something simple like the creatures of light fighting away darkness or something

On 8/4/2020 at 7:35 PM, GodSejeong97 said:

...You want From Software to develop a Fire Emblem game? I'm IN!

Fire Emblem: Burning Souls - Prepare to Lose Units Edition

Ohhhh I wanna expand on this~
So From Software doesn't just make dark fantasy games but they also make quirky games likes Metal Wolf Chaos, Enchanted Arms, Cookies & Cream and Ninja Blade.

But let's focus on making this based off their recent titles since that's probably what the team is more keen on doing now. Games with the same tone as Demons Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne and Sekiro

This FE game would keep gameplay intact and would take on a dark fantasy medieval theme, a dimly lit world without hope.
- The whole story would not be obvious, many of the back stories and deep lore would be found on items and character bios.
- The gameplay would difficult and force a save on every move but would give the player an option for resetting a chapter. (From software likes to make games where the player has infinite tries at something)
- The player would likely be put in a situations where they have to sacrifice somebody.
- Each playable character has a quest line which isn't obvious on how to progress either so the player could miss it on their first play through.
- Some playable characters could have a dislike for others and would refuse to join the army or fight the other character straight up.
- There would only be one difficulty and one mode. That being said every play through can have variations in endings and quest lines.
- Tons of secrets hidden in the game, hidden areas and what not.
- Characters will wield massive weapons and armour unrealistically, I can guarantee a Beserk reference.

Remothered: Broken Porcelain.  Stormind Games.

Well, this would be something different for the franchise, at least assuming the folks at Nintendo and IS actually allow Chris Darril to have the creative freedom to tell the sort of story that he's established with this and Tormented Fathers.  Assuming this would happen, be ready for a lot of Clock Tower references and homages to horror films for probably the most disturbing story that anyone has ever seen in this series.  Basically a lot of subtext that people might have been able to pick up on or just made head cannon in previous games would become very blatant and plot relevant, so expect to see a lot of body horror and disturbing actions on the part of the characters.  Also a little fun fact for everyone who recognizes some of the enemies using the Sword of the Creator idea, Chris actually utilized the spine as a sword concept before Three Houses did.  Honestly if FE is going to have it's first ever M rated entry, having this guy do it would be a pretty bold and potentially epic move.

Gameplay wise I'm pretty sure it would still be regulated as an SRPG since the gameplay of the Remothered games doesn't quite mesh well with the basic concept of FE.  Reason being because these games are stealth games where you don't even do a lot of killing throughout the whole games until the climax (Hence why these games are considered successors to the Clock Tower series).  I'm sure a more traditional stealth game could be a decent spinoff idea for an FE game though I think it would depend on whether or not Darril wanted to base his story around the idea of characters killing more people on screen than he usually does.

The idea of giving it to Stormind Games though?  This is something I hope would give way to a partnership rather than having them do all the heavy lifting.  Just to give an idea, Tormented Fathers wasn't a perfect game on the performance level but it was way better done than Broken Porcelain.  It actually fell short on a lot of the execution that its predecessor established and got hampered by a lot of technical issues that made this entry a chore to play.  At least I have a reason to be confident to assume that Nintendo would make sure that it manages to pass by a certain level of quality before it ever gets released so maybe it would be a benefit to Darril assuming that he doesn't have a breakdown working with a big company.

Europa Universalis IV / Paradox Interactive

I guess all the memery around Ephraim and Eirika would become canon? And then Eirika would try to murder all of Ephraim's (legitimate, you have to specify this in a PDX game) children so that her oldest son will inherit both Frelia and Renais.

That aside, PDX games tend to focus on emergent gameplay and storytelling, so I would imagine that they would try to go for non-linear game. Keeping Magvel as an example, defeating the Demon King would still be the endgame, but without the "everyone teams up against Grado and the DK" part set in stone: Maybe there's a 20% chance that Frelia is trying to use Renais' weakness and launch an invasion themselves? And if the player manages to kill both King Hayden and Innes in battle, Tana may or may not try to negotiate a peace treaty. Basically, we'd have RNG rolls at each corner and the player would have to try and keep on top of things, switching between damage control and actually trying to progress. Who says that it has to be the wonder twins who beat the DK and not the great-grandchildren's generation?

Oh, and we'd spend a lot of time staring at the map of Magvel, trying to figure out how the hell those trade mechanics are supposed to work.

• 2 weeks later...

ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove.  HumaNature Studios.

I bet this could be cool.  If Pokémon can pull off a rogue-like, I'm pretty sure FE can do it too.  And just to make it better, a super offbeat presentation full of humor and a bunch of references and parodies to 1980s and early 90s urban culture would make it awesome.  I only hope that we don't have to resort to an edge of the seat Kickstarter to get the cookbook made.

• 6 months later...

Right now playing through Another Eden, so Wright Flyer Studios.

Can't say I've found what other games they've made, so let's assume AE is the inspiration. So expect lots of time travel... and cats. Specially cats.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• 3 weeks later...

Not counting a brief stint into my Sims 4 save file, that would be Banner Saga 3, which means Stoic are in charge. Well, with an FE’s budget… they would go absolutely off the walls in terms of choices and consequences. These aren’t Awakening/Three Houses choices at all. The gameplay would probably involve enemies about on par with your units stat wise and primarily revolve around using the unique skills of every unit, on top of gold old fashion stats of course. The story would probably be the best in FE yet, because they absolutely would not do something as generic as most of them. It would probably be depressing, though.

• 3 months later...

Pokemon Shield, with GameFreak developing the game. To be honest, I think it's going to be a Fire Emblem Heroes x Pokemon Masters crossover, with FE characters being Pokemon Trainers. Definitely lighter and softer than the main FE game, but darker and edgier than Pokemon.

Played an hour of classic Baldur's Gate earlier today, which... honestly doesn't seem too outlandish. If we focus on the genre, Fire Emblem as pausable realtime seems almost interesting. Pause to give the characters orders who to to attack and where to cast some big spells, but then player characters and enemies make their actions at the same time. Grid-based pausable realtime seems genuinely intruiging.

The final boss would probably be incredibly tough to beat through normal means, but there's a buttload of hilariously broken spell/ability combinations that allow you to just stomp them within half a minute.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Currently playing through Proffesor Layton and the Curious Village... so, Level-5 makes a FE game.

Hmm... not sure. Something like Ni No Kuni?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Detective Pikachu Returns by Creatures.

I'll just assume they develop something like this game.  If so, this is probably the closest thing to a Fire Emblem point and click adventure game we'll ever get so I'd be happy with this.

• 1 month later...

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth by Square Enix.

Well if the next game is indeed a remake of FE4, it would be in some real good hands then.  Not sure if it's popular enough to warrant a trilogy but it would be one way to fully utilize the original games potential.