Special Heroes 8/7: Pirate's Pride

SockPuppet

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, Sigrun was fast, but more of them seem to take at least 6 months. I was really hoping for Brigid on a Gen 1 banner by the end of Book 4, but that's looking a lot less likely now.

As for Dart, he isn't the first pirate in the series. In fact, this banner has the two playable pirates released before him.

i'm pretty sure we'll see her in the next Genealogy banner

LMAO what a lapsus, i meant Darros, not Dart

Edited by Yexin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big skip, currently I am pulling in the Hero fest for one Ephraim and at least one Sothis (saving orbs lltill the last day). As I think it's worth it. 

The interesting units (Tibarn and Veronica) are both in classes that I don't like/use. Tibarn is a beast and Veronica a Horse. Since Ephraim is easier to pull I will use an Ephraim for HB4 on L.Edelgard. I will simply free pull on green and leave. 

16 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Charlotte is still waiting.

Íñigo and Severa as well, but imo Brigid has more chances of appearing in the next Genealogy banner, since 1) it'll most likely be a Gen 1 banner, 2) there's not many Gen 1 characters left to add, and 3) she has a legendary weapon and could easily be her banner's leader (being female, potentially colorless and overall a pretty popular character considering Genealogy's standards)

Edited by Yexin

It should have been Nasir in the Tellius slot (the slot that they seem to designate for Special Heroes banners to pretend we don't need a New Heroes one), not a Tibarn alt.

(And yes, I'm being facetious. I know there's no such thing as a Tellius slot.)

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

3 minutes ago, Yexin said:

Íñigo and Severa as well, but imo Brigid has more chances of appearing in the next Genealogy banner, since 1) it'll most likely be a Gen 1 banner, 2) there's not many Gen 1 characters left to add, and 3) she has a legendary weapon and could easily be her banner's leader (being female, potentially colorless and overall a pretty popular character considering Genealogy's standards)

These are good points, although I would argue about having a Legendary weapon that could easily make ger the banner's leader... since they can easily give any unit a Prf weapon to a unit and make it the star of the banner (Leila, for example).

I don't know much about Brigid, since I didn't play Genealogy... but I would like to have more representation from that game in the main pool.

24 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

These are good points, although I would argue about having a Legendary weapon that could easily make ger the banner's leader... since they can easily give any unit a Prf weapon to a unit and make it the star of the banner (Leila, for example).

I don't know much about Brigid, since I didn't play Genealogy... but I would like to have more representation from that game in the main pool.

well tbh i can't see Lex, Azel nor Fury being their banner's leader (although i can definitely see Claude being the demote/least appealing unit)

anyway this is getting a bit off topic

about Dive Bomb... i'm not really fond of this skill, it is indeed Forseti effect, but with even tighter restrictions
of course it's perfect for Tibarn's playstile, but eh, there's really few units i can see making proper use of this skill

Edited by Yexin

2 minutes ago, Yexin said:

about Dive Bomb... i'm not really fond of this skill, it is indeed Forseti effect, but with even tight restrictions
of course it's perfect for Tibarn's playstile, but eh, there's really few units i can see making proper use of this skill

Assuming only melee non-dragon fliers get it: Palla, Duo Palla, Catria, Echoes Catria, Est, Spring Fir, Cordelia, Tibarn, Pirate Tibarn, and Naesala at the very least.

58 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i'm pretty sure we'll see her in the next Genealogy banner

LMAO what a lapsus, i meant Darros, not Dart

I think that's most likely the case, but it also means such a banner is less likely to happen in the next few months. I'd been hoping for that as the next non-CYL/Tellius New Heroes banner, which no longer seems realistic to me. 

Darros isn't very significant, but I do like how he sends the message that even a super low profile character has a shot at getting in somehow. 

While I wouldn't personally like to see another foot archer Brigid be added later on, after the whole Mareeta debacle I'm kinda resigned to it happening. As long as they don't make this Yewfelle a red bow I guess that's fine.

The whole banner has an odd feel of being only semi-seasonal, in that you could probably drop some of these characters into a New Heroes banner as-is without having to change anything about the individual unit. Personally I'd have liked it to be more blatantly silly with people who would have no business being pirates.

14 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

While I wouldn't personally like to see another foot archer Brigid be added later on, after the whole Mareeta debacle I'm kinda resigned to it happening. As long as they don't make this Yewfelle a red bow I guess that's fine.

The whole banner has an odd feel of being only semi-seasonal, in that you could probably drop some of these characters into a New Heroes banner as-is without having to change anything about the individual unit. Personally I'd have liked it to be more blatantly silly with people who would have no business being pirates.

If not Brigid, the only other possible Yewfelle user is Febail, who's a lot less iconic and popular. And he'd be an infantry bow too, anyway. 

The way I see it, seasonal bow Brigid is no reason for normal Yewfelle Brigid to not exist in the future, but the fact that normal Yewfelle Brigid should get added later is a reason seasonal bow Brigid shouldn't have been added in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

but the fact that normal Yewfelle Brigid should get added later is a reason seasonal bow Brigid shouldn't have been added in the first place. 

Yeah, in an ideal world that'd be my take too.

Since we've crossed that bridge though, I do kinda feel that it might be good to let some time pass so that the later version can be seen as an "upgrade" due to the passing of time and general BST and skill powercreep. In the same way, my general opposition to Inigo and Severa being added as mercenaries is gradually fading away as the older units become less relevant.

22 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, in an ideal world that'd be my take too.

Since we've crossed that bridge though, I do kinda feel that it might be good to let some time pass so that the later version can be seen as an "upgrade" due to the passing of time and general BST and skill powercreep. In the same way, my general opposition to Inigo and Severa being added as mercenaries is gradually fading away as the older units become less relevant.

Yeah, I can see the appeal of that. It's just that it'd mean waiting longer for a unit that seemed just around the corner. Mareeta did get a BST boost and stronger skills on her second version, although I do think it'd be less necessary for Brigid since she can be a different color, on top of having her initial version being a seasonal with a generic weapon rather than a New Hero who already has a personal weapon. 

I can see that logic for Inigo and Severa, although I also think they have a lot less need for a normal version. I think they're perfect candidates for seasonal-only characters, since they already have a version with their normal class and personality, and their Awakening versions don't have any personal weapons.

I'm trying to save for +10 Hrid at the end of the month and I just spent a ton getting +10 RD Ike, so I'm still skipping for now, even though Tibarn would be nice to have.

I am going for Geese I need another infantry lance and I really liked Geese in FE6.  Thank Naga he is the 4* so I will have an easier time getting him.  I wouldn't mind Tibarn, but I think I will wait until his rerun.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I can see that logic for Inigo and Severa, although I also think they have a lot less need for a normal version.

I would like to see them in like I did with Owain in that they can be introduced as units of a different class which I guess can apply to everyone from Awakening, Fates, and Three Houses and several units in other games, but at least with Owain and Odin, he was a different class in Awakening and Fates; a myrmidon and a dark mage. Inigo/Laslow is bit rougher in that he usually stays an as infantry and a sword-wielding one at that, but they could introduce Inigo as a sword dancer even though we already have them, although, not a bulky one which they could have him be similar to soiree Berkut. Severa/Selena is implied to end up being a bow knight at least when she is Selena, but she has been drawn as a pegasus knight which Future Past version of her ends up becoming. Both being mercenaries, they can be introduced as axe infantry like Gerik, Linus, and Raven.

They probably don't have as much need to be in unlike the other Awakening kids not in the game or as their regular selves in the case of Noire, but they do have something going for them. Inigo as a sword dancer or possibly the first axe dancer in the regular summoning pool even if he stays foot-locked, Severa could end up as a bow knight or a pegasus knight, or they could both end up as axe infantry. Inigo I would be fine either way, but axe dancer is more interesting while with Severa, bow cavalry we have, but we don't have a red or blue bow cavalry as of this posting or a colorless demote in the regular summoning pool and while it's not proper, I would like to see an axe-wielding pegasus knight which they explain as her wanting to have an edge over her mother or at least a sword flier since lance fliers are overpopulated.

Edited by Kaden

20 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I would like to see them in like I did with Owain in that they can be introduced as units of a different class which I guess can apply to everyone from Awakening, Fates, and Three Houses and several units in other games, but at least with Owain and Odin, he was a different class in Awakening and Fates; a myrmidon and a dark mage. Inigo/Laslow is bit rougher in that he usually stays an as infantry and a sword-wielding one at that, but they could introduce Inigo as a sword dancer even though we already have them, although, not a bulky one which they could have him be similar to soiree Berkut. Severa/Selena is implied to end up being a bow knight at least when she is Selena, but she has been drawn as a pegasus knight which Future Past version of her ends up becoming. Both being mercenaries, they can be introduced as axe infantry like Gerik, Linus, and Raven.

They probably don't have as much need to be in unlike the other Awakening kids not in the game or as their regular selves in the case of Noire, but they do have something going for them. Inigo as a sword dancer or possibly the first axe dancer in the regular summoning pool even if he stays foot-locked, Severa could end up as a bow knight or a pegasus knight, or they could both end up as axe infantry. Inigo I would be fine either way, but axe dancer is more interesting while with Severa, bow cavalry we have, but we don't have a red or blue bow cavalry as of this posting or a colorless demote in the regular summoning pool and while it's not proper, I would like to see an axe-wielding pegasus knight which they explain as her wanting to have an edge over her mother or at least a sword flier since lance fliers are overpopulated.

Hmm. They aren't in Owain's situation (or Brigid's) of having different normal classes between their two appearances, or a prf for that matter, so I'd consider it a relatively low priority, but in the long run, alternate classes could be a fun way to get them into the normal pool. I hadn't considered sword dancer Inigo or pegasus knight Severa, those could certainly be interesting. Inigo could even combine the concepts and be the first non-seasonal axe dancer, although it'd put him fairly close in function to his existing seasonal form.

At the very least, it would've been nice if Pirate Brigid could've come with something besides a bow. It's possible Yewfelle won't be a red bow at least, which means she'd already be better off than Takumi and his four colorless alts. But IS's insistence in giving characters that debut as seasonal units the same weapon, move, and/or color combinations as their originals will certainly get is baffling.

36 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

At the very least, it would've been nice if Pirate Brigid could've come with something besides a bow. It's possible Yewfelle won't be a red bow at least, which means she'd already be better off than Takumi and his four colorless alts. But IS's insistence in giving characters that debut as seasonal units the same weapon, move, and/or color combinations as their originals will certainly get is baffling.

I think the only alt-first characters who have no overlap in at least one of the three categories (weapon, move, color) as their canon class are Brave Veronica, Dozla, and possibly Lorenz (if his regular version is either a lance cav or a staff cav with Lysithea's staff Thyrsus).

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I think the only alt-first characters who have no overlap in at least one of the three categories (weapon, move, color) as their canon class are Brave Veronica, Dozla, and possibly Lorenz (if his regular version is either a lance cav or a staff cav with Lysithea's staff Thyrsus).

Jeez. That's not a lot.

I can understand characters sharing the same move type as their regular versions, at least, but when the original move type is combined with the same weapon and/or the same color, then you just wonder why.

27 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Jeez. That's not a lot.

I can understand characters sharing the same move type as their regular versions, at least, but when the original move type is combined with the same weapon and/or the same color, then you just wonder why.

Loosening it to allow one of the three makes the list grow a lot. Shigure shares color but is a different weapon/movement type, Tanith/Sigrun/Fiora/Geese (as well as probably Dorothea and Sylvain) share movement types but not colors/weapons, Pent/Louise/Wolt/Rolf share weapon types but not movement types and could easily be implemented in different colors.

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

Loosening it to allow one of the three makes the list grow a lot. Shigure shares color but is a different weapon/movement type, Tanith/Sigrun/Fiora/Geese (as well as probably Dorothea and Sylvain) share movement types but not colors/weapons, Pent/Louise/Wolt/Rolf share weapon types but not movement types and could easily be implemented in different colors.

Yeah, that's totally fair. I have less issues with movement type anyway, my main problems are with giving the character the same weapon type as they already wield anyway. Pent, Louise, Rolf, and Wolt totally should have had different weapons.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, that's totally fair. I have less issues with movement type anyway, my main problems are with giving the character the same weapon type as they already wield anyway. Pent, Louise, Rolf, and Wolt totally should have had different weapons.

Whenever Ingrid gets in, she will 100% be a flying lance unit with a PRF... just like her summer version. I wouldn’t be surprised if that form is a straight copy paste from her alt debut lol

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Agreed. Honestly, I like it when different versions have the same movement type but different weapons and colors since it makes it most likely that they'll be able to fulfill different roles on the same team.