Special Heroes 8/7: Pirate's Pride

SockPuppet

58 minutes ago, Othin said:

Agreed. Honestly, I like it when different versions have the same movement type but different weapons and colors since it makes it most likely that they'll be able to fulfill different roles on the same team.

Yeah, and it makes the character and their alts feel more unique. I think the worst offenders are characters who have the same weapon, color, and movement type as their original. Like Bride Tharja and Valentine's Hector. I don't really have an issue with them existing, I just wish they had more variety from their normal selves. Fallen Takumi also has the same issue, but I don't think there was much we could do with that one.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We already knew the stats from the Feh Channel, but now we know the boons and banes as well. Stats are:

Spoiler

Veronica: 19/9/4/8/7 -> 38+/39+/19/36/29-
Geese: 20/8/9/8/6 -> 46/38+/35/32/21, infantry pulse at 4*
Brigid: 19/9/10/6/4 -> 41-/37/40+/30/19
Tibarn: 20/11/6/10/3 -> 42-/41+/30/36/22
Darros: 20/10/6/9/6 -> 46/36/32/37/21, odd def wave at 4*

+ means super boon in that stat, - means super bane in that stat

12 hours ago, Thane said:

ProZD voices Darros. That might be enough of a reason for me to +10 him.

Oh my god this is perfect. Nothing else matters anymore, Darros is now absolute God Tier.

Edited by Jave

16 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:
Spoiler

Darros: 20/10/6/9/6 -> 46/36/32/37/21, odd def wave at 4*

PP!Darros is actually not too bad. He is no Spd demon, but he can get decently fast with the right skills, and if players are worried about winning the Spd check, slow Brave is always an option. He can do player phase or enemy phase. He is certainly more appealing than OM!Lorenz.

OM!Lorenz's stat spread is pretty disappointing, although players can just slap a Blade tome on him to make him usable, but that is not saying much since you can fix any mage with a Blade tome.

Edited by XRay

...if I pull a crappy Pirate!Tibarn, I would totally give Naesala Dive Bomb. Otherwise I'll wait for that skill to come to a less desirable unit for me. My goal Veronica+Xander, but I'll be happy if I get Tibarn since colorless and green are equally rare orbs for me.

Okay, playing through the Paralogue, now I get what they were going for with Brigid. They wanted to go for the "sexy pirate captain lady" archetype, and she's the best candidate.

I'm also noticing from her dialogue that this seems to be before she joins Sigurd's army, so we still haven't gotten a Brigid who actually knows who she is. That makes me more hopeful about regular Brigid. We've gotten her as a pirate captain and as a mercenary leader, but we're still waiting to get her as a princess and heir to the holy bow.

When we do, she'll probably get a Forging Bonds involving Eyvel, to bring it all together. It'd a story they couldn't tell as well by adding princess Brigid before pirate Brigid, since princess Brigid remembers being pirate Brigid, so adding princess Brigid and then jumping back to a Brigid who doesn't yet know she's a princess would have been really weird. (Eyvel doesn't have that issue, despite being chronologically later than either one, since she doesn't remember being Brigid at all.)

6 hours ago, Othin said:

They wanted to go for the "sexy pirate captain lady" archetype, and she's the best candidate.

Fargus would like a word with you.

Destroyed my or stash but managed to get Brigid, a crappy nature (+def/-atk), but still got her so not going to complain too much. This does remind me I wonder why they don't allow sparking on special heroes banners. I ended up doing 34 summons and if there were sparking, I'd absolutely do another 6 to either get Tibarn or fix Brigid's nature. It took longer than I would've liked, but got some nice stuff along the way, including a second Midori for Close Foil fodder, Keaton, a dupe Eyvel to fix her flaw, and a SoV Catria.

Unfortunately, it seems like the only "theme" banners they really do nowadays is Fallen Heroes, which is basically all alts. I wouldn't mind getting themed new heroes banners instead of focusing solely on one game.

20 hours ago, Sweet Summer Tana said:

Daaang, love the theme and Geese is fine as hell. 

If I didn't +10 Sylvain, I would definitely be trying to +10 Geese. Hot AND a good speedy lance unit? Yes please!

This is my first chance at saying anything about the new maps since they became available and...I burst out laughing at the music choice. XD It's perfect, but I just could NOT take anything seriously! (Especially with Ashnard saying "wonderful" every once in a while when I went to move him.)

On 8/5/2020 at 6:40 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Dive Bomb looks like it's going to be fucking annoying to deal with. And there's no doubt Pirate Tibarn is going to be on every other Aether Raids defense map. And as if he weren't annoying enough, he's also colorless.

This game has literally no good checks against melee colorless units (and barely any good checks against ranged colorless units). Nagi isn't going to cut it because it's blatantly obvious everyone's going to be running Pirate Tibarn alongside normal Tibarn. And all of the annoying people are going to have Dive Bomb on their normal Tibarn and Naesala, too, just to be extra annoying.

Or maybe I can just stack a million Ward Fliers buffs on Myrrh and see if she can tank this bullshit with her refine.

So yeah, Pirate Tibarn is bullshit and can go fuck himself.

So....you are completely right on the money and Pirate Tibarn is totally my destroy everything everywhere unit. Sorry you hate him. He is like a dream to draw as a F2P person though.

6 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

So....you are completely right on the money and Pirate Tibarn is totally my destroy everything everywhere unit. Sorry you hate him. He is like a dream to draw as a F2P person though.

He is pretty to easy to counter though with BH!Ike, although that is true for the vast majority of nukes.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

So since I still don't have Dive Bomb... has anyone had a chance to give it a whirl on units other than Tibarn? Like, does it make Cordelia into the red demon she usually was in the first place?

I went the opposite way and gave PP!Tibarn Desperation, so I cannot really comment on Cordelia with Dive-Bomb with any experience , although I can make some comparisons between Dive-Bomb and Desperation on PP!Tibarn and make some inferences for Cordelia.

If you run Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers, Desperation is just superior. Dive-Bomb is at best a gimmick in player hands. Dive-Bomb is not completely horrible, but I do not see a reason to use it even on PP!Tibarn, since not being able to use Wings of Mercy significantly reduces his mobility.

For Cordelia, unlike PP!Tibarn, she has a reason to keep her HP high so she definitely benefits much more from Dive-Bomb. However, like PP!Tibarn, she will be giving up on mobility. Personally, I think I would still prefer Desperation.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

So since I still don't have Dive Bomb... has anyone had a chance to give it a whirl on units other than Tibarn? Like, does it make Cordelia into the red demon she usually was in the first place?

From a theoretical standpoint since there's no way in hell I'm using a seasonal unit as fodder, Dive-Bomb would be most useful in Arena and Arena Assault on fliers that don't have the bulk to consistently take a counterattack. Activating Wings of Mercy is not necessary in the Arena due to the lower number of enemies and the general lack of flier-inaccessible terrain, and Bolt Traps and Bolt Towers don't exist to safely activate Desperation.

I'd prioritize giving it to fliers with Brave weapons due to the fact that Brave weapons put the unit at greater risk of being hit with a Special on the counterattack.

Cordelia is an obvious good pick for the skill due to the condition on her refine effect. At +10 merge with the Resplendent Hero bonus and Life and Death 3, she gets 63/48 offenses with +Atk or 60/51 offenses with +Spd.

Elincia is also a strong contender with 61/47 or 58/50 at +10 merge and with Life and Death 3. Catria, Est, and Duo Palla are also potential options, especially Catria as she lacks Est's effective damage and Palla's massive raw Atk. (Regular Palla doesn't care because Triangle Adept is still busted when at weapon triangle advantage.) Caeda and Clair can also use Dive-Bomb due to their extremely low physical bulk and low Atk stat making one-hit kills unreliable.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Elincia is also a strong contender with 61/47 or 58/50 at +10 merge and with Life and Death 3. Catria, Est, and Duo Palla are also potential options, especially Catria as she lacks Est's effective damage and Palla's massive raw Atk. (Regular Palla doesn't care because Triangle Adept is still busted when at weapon triangle advantage.) Caeda and Clair can also use Dive-Bomb due to their extremely low physical bulk and low Atk stat making one-hit kills unreliable.

Legendary Elincia with Dive-Bomb plz, IS. ...Well, if she actually isn't a flying healer for whatever reason. I doubt a healer would make as much use of it. If a flying healer even COULD use it.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Legendary Elincia with Dive-Bomb plz, IS. ...Well, if she actually isn't a flying healer for whatever reason. I doubt a healer would make as much use of it. If a flying healer even COULD use it.

Dive-Bomb is melee only.