Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

Fire Emblem Fan

Many probably don't know, but Crash Bandicoot is my absolute favorite gaming franchise. Even over Fire Emblem. Funny, given my username! Anyway, as such a huge Crash fan, I'm in great anticipation for the new game coming in October: It's About Time. With today's revelation of new reveals for the game, I thought I'd make a little topic, see if there are any other fellow Crash fans here and see what they think.

I personally think the game looks super, super good. It's a return to form for the series, while also evolving it in ways that look very good. I know there's some discourse over the updated art style and designs, but I'm personally okay with most of them. The only character that looks a little off to me is Coco.

As for the big news today, the big news that dropped today was that Dingodile is a playable character, with his own side-story and set of levels. Dingodile is my favorite character in the series aside from Crash himself and I've been wanting Dingodile levels ever since Twinsanity on the PS2, so this is quite literally a dream come true for me. I love the way he looks.

What about you all? Thoughts on what we know and have seen of the game so far?

No mention of Activision-Blizzard locking skins behind digital copies? Skins which will probably be available for purchase seperately, because it's Activision-Blizzard.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

19 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

No mention of Activision-Blizzard locking skins behind digital copies? Skins which will probably be available for purchase seperately, because it's Activision-Blizzard.

Ah yes, the (gimme a sec) few skins locked behind digital copies out of tons that are unlocked through normal gameplay.

Anyways, playable Dingodile was definitely the best part of the trailer for me. Here’s hoping to at least a couple more playable characters!

Edited by Perkilator

Haven't seen anything yet, as I haven't looked, but considering I 100% completed Crash 1&2 (3 I just couldn't get it done) I'd say i'm looking forward to the game, at least!

10 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I'm human, sometimes I forget things. 😛 Right now, there's only two outfits that have a chance of being sold separately. The rest have been announced to be unlocked in-game through finding secret Gems and such.

Tbh, I haven't played the Crash Bandicoot games but have always had some interest in doing so. I might get around to trying them sometime. Maybe in the trilogy version.

It is a bit disappointing though to see that no Switch version of Crash 4 has been announced yet.

I'm a little befuddled by the naming - I had always regarded The Wrath of Cortex as, implicitly, Crash Bandicoot 4. It was the fourth platformer on a home console, and it was a natural mechanical successor to the first three games - down to the hub world itself working just like the one in Warped.

But, I digress. This new one could definitely be good, and I may very well get it once it comes to Switch. It's not the top of my list right now (that belongs to Paper Mario: Origami King), but I might put it on my Christmas list, haha.

21 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I'm a little befuddled by the naming - I had always regarded The Wrath of Cortex as, implicitly, Crash Bandicoot 4. It was the fourth platformer on a home console, and it was a natural mechanical successor to the first three games - down to the hub world itself working just like the one in Warped.

In Japan, Wrath of Cortex actually was "Crash Bandicoot 4" in title. Up until they did the N. Sane Trilogy remaster, WoC was considered Crash 4 around the rest of the world, too. But, with N. Sane Trilogy and Nitro-Fueled, they apparently decided to make a new Crash 4 with It's About Time that picks up very literally DIRECTLY after Warped.

They could move WoC up (or down?) a spot and just say it happens after this new game, or more likely they'll just retcon it.

• 2 weeks later...