What are your thoughts on Pikmin 3 Deluxe?

twilit

With the announcement of Pikmin 3 Deluxe for Switch, one of Nintendo's less notable IPs is getting another chance to gain in popularity with the Switch's much larger install base. As someone who never played 3 on Wii U, I'm looking forward to finally trying the game for myself, having only beaten Pikmin 1 and played just a bit of 2.

But how do you feel about the announcement of Pikmin 3 Deluxe? Are you excited for it? Will you buy it? Or is it not really something that catches your interest?

I got Pikmin 3 on the Wii U, but I'm considering if I want to get this version too. The Olimar and Louie side missions look interesting (it's nice to play as them again outside multiplayer modes), and the return of the Piklopedia is a welcome addition especially with commentary from all five captains. I would be pleased if the side missions will give us more chances to use Purple and White Pikmin, and maybe the Bulbmin can come back too. And if we're lucky, maybe we'll finally get Pikmin 4 soon... hopefully.

I've already owned Pikmin 3 and even replayed about two years ago for 100% main story completion, but I think this is the one Wii U port I will actually double dip on. For one thing, I technically never bought Pikmin 3. I think instead there was this club nintendo promotion related to Mario Kart 8, where if you buy that game, you get another first party game for free. Yeah, I guess Nintendo was worried sales of Mario Kart needed the boost. Nice priorities, guys. So this is my chance to finally support the game with my wallet. The new features all sound great, and I'm especially interested in how they'll handle separate difficulty modes, as that will be a first for the series. 

I hope the game sells well. I could definitely see Nintendo looking at the sales of this port as justification for not making a new entry, hence why they dropped a bad trailer detailing none of the new features, didn't put it in a Direct to get more exposure, or really gave any warning before it just showed up on social media channels one Wednesday morning. 

Edited by Glennstavos

I do not care. I find Pikmin to be a very boring franchise.

Would've prefered a Xenonblade X, Super Mario 3D World, or Wind Waker port. Actually good games.

Pikmin 3 didn't really capture my imagintion, best memories were from the 2P mode (I think it's cooler than Pikmin 2 to watch speedruns of, but not as cool as Pikmin 1) 

I think the Switch controller/conveinence  etc would be a big help over the Wii U, but not enough to prioritize it over the pretty exciting year of other stuff I'm hoping to have.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I think instead there was this club nintendo promotion related to Mario Kart 8, where if you buy that game, you get another first party game for free. Yeah, I guess Nintendo was worried sales of Mario Kart needed the boost. Nice priorities, guys.

Maybe the plan was more so to get people to try out new franchises or titles? You know, the expect people to buy Mario Kart anyway so maybe they thought those customers would treat their free purchase somewhat recklessly and get something new. I'm not a marketing expert, that's just a hypothesis.

I already have Pikmin 3 so I will not be buying the same game again.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I do not care. I find Pikmin to be a very boring franchise.

Same here.

Cool for fans of the franchise tho, who must be starved after waiting for Pikmin 4 for such a long time. Getting to play fullfledged console games on the go is imo a major selling point on Switch, which is why I ended up double-dipping on most of WiiU ports. 

Another Wii U port isn't bad, in that the Wii U was an underplayed flop.

I did play the first two Pikmin games when I was younger, but I never finished either. The limited time of the first game was not good for me, and the second, I did play far enough  in to complete the Emperor Bulbax cave, but I never got to going any further. Not sure why Pikmin faltered for me, although I don't think I was a great player in terms of minimizing casualties, and nowadays, some of the creature designs creep me out. I won't say I dislike it though.

• 3 weeks later...

I already played Pikmin 3 for the Wii U and completed it years ago. It was pretty good, though I'm not a fan of the series. I won't get the Switch port though as I have the Wii U version. My sister will probably love it though; she's a fan of the series.