FEBuilderGBA capability questions

Mavi251

I've been messing around with FEBuilderGBA and have a few questions that I hope I can get answered: 

1) Is it possible to change the GBA games to operate on 1RN instead of 2RN? If so, how? 

2) Is it possible to implement features like Canto+, negation of enemy terrain bonuses? If so, how? 

3) Instead of modifying weapons, is it possible to implement classes with special characteristics such as a class with 1-3 range, 2-3 range, etc? I believe Blazer had some kind of 2-3 range Sniper patch but I've been unable to locate it. 

I've been perusing the Ultimate Repository (FE) and have found it super helpful thus far. That said, directions to any other sources of advice/information would be greatly appreciated. 

I'm sure all of it is possible. They just require patches (or I guess knowledge to manipulate the lower level code to achieve the result a patch would do). So the question really is "Do these patches exist?" For that, I can say that at least Canto+ exists as part of the skill system patch, bit strange no one has ever tried to implement it as a regular thing divorced from the skill system. But if you don't want skills in your game you could just have that (and Nihil for the terrain resistance, I think) as skills. Modifying weapon ranges based on units is also something that's in the skill system, though I think only in the form of Bow Range+1. I don't see anything in regards to change the rng though, that might be significantly more difficult. 

16 hours ago, Mavi251 said:

1) Is it possible to change the GBA games to operate on 1RN instead of 2RN? If so, how?

I think there's a patch. You should ask your questions on 7743's febuilder thread - he'd know more. 

14 hours ago, Jotari said:

bit strange no one has ever tried to implement it as a regular thing divorced from the skill system.

SkillSystem has become a gigantic entity of engine hacks. Many hacks would interfere with each other if implemented separately, which is why instead they are bundled with SkillSystem so that users can pick and choose the features and skills they want when installing it. If you're using febuilder, 7743 even provides an easy to use custombuild of skillsystems every time he ports a new version of skillsys over to febuilder. 

https://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=en:en:guide:febuildergba:skillsystems_custombuild&s[]=custom&s[]=build

Edited by Rew

9 hours ago, Rew said:

I think there's a patch. You should ask your questions on 7743's febuilder thread - he'd know more. 

SkillSystem has become a gigantic entity of engine hacks. Many hacks would interfere with each other if implemented separately, which is why instead they are bundled with SkillSystem so that users can pick and choose the features and skills they want when installing it. If you're using febuilder, 7743 even provides an easy to use custombuild of skillsystems every time he ports a new version of skillsys over to febuilder. 

https://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=en:en:guide:febuildergba:skillsystems_custombuild&s[]=custom&s[]=build

Yeah, but consequently there are also some patches that are incompatible with the skill system, which kind of sucks if you're trying to make a hack not featuring skills.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, but consequently there are also some patches that are incompatible with the skill system, which kind of sucks if you're trying to make a hack not featuring skills.

So disable the skills or don't give any units/classes a skill. 

The whole point of bundling new asm hacks with skill systems is so that patches don't need to compete with each other. There's not too much newer stuff that conflicts with skillsys - it's mostly just some older patches that aren't generally recommended for use anymore that conflict.