Ashen Wolves (Master classes)

What master class do you want to chose to the Ashen Wolves ?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Yuri Leclerc

• Wyvern Lord
    • Mortal Savant
    • Great Knight
    • Bow Knight
    • Dark Knight
    • Holy Knight
    • War Master
  2. 2. Balthus von Albrecht

• Wyvern Lord
    • Mortal Savant
    • Great Knight
    • Bow Knight
    • Dark Knight
    • Holy Knight
    • War Master
  3. 3. Constance von Nuvelle

• Falcon Knight
    • Wyvern Lord
    • Mortal Savant
    • Great Knight
    • Bow Knight
    • Dark Knight
    • Holy Knight
    • Gremory
  4. 4. Hapi

• Falcon Knight
    • Wyvern Lord
    • Mortal Savant
    • Great Knight
    • Bow Knight
    • Dark Knight
    • Holy Knight
    • Gremory

This poll has made me realise that Yuri really, REALLY does not have many master class options. At all. He has so many weaknesses in key areas like riding, flying and axes. He can do Mortal Savant, but that’s mortal savant.

I picked War Master for him because a) its the closest option to grappler, which I like for him, and b) I guess he’ll probably want axes for death blow anyway, may as well see that through to the end.

I picked Great Knight for Balthus out of pure preference. Great Knights are just cool to me.

Gremory for both the other 2: they probably both want Dark Flier but if it’s master class only then doubling spell usage is useful for both of them.

I recently found out how great fist weapons work for Yuri, his +3 on attack, and the double chance to cancel the counter with his crest, it's really nice.

Other than that, while all 4 have better non-master class options, The standard OP war master works for both males, and gremory is always a pretty good option for female mages.

I picked the classes that makes the most sense to me

Yuri as a Mortal Savant can make it work. Yes I know that Mortal Savant is one of the more disliked classes because of it being a hybrid class and has that -10% speed penalty. But he makes it work because he can afford the speed drop. Granted it still sucks when you lose that speed. But he can at least still use Levin Sword+ very effectively. Excalibur is the lightest heavy tome in the game so he could feasibly double attack a number of enemies pending on the RNG. 

Balthus as a Warmaster makes perfect sense. He gets a crit + 20. Fist/Axefaire are always nice. Not to mention that if you master mercenary and warrior for vantage + wrath respectively, he can make his king of grappling ability work so well. +6 attack/defense in addition to vantage + wrath and crit +20 and more crit from killer knuckles+? Yes please!. You can even achieve overkill power with defiant strength from the Hero class. But that may or may not be necessary pending on your persective.

Constance being a gremory is as good as making lysithea a gremory. But she's slower than lysithea so that can be a challenge unless you pump everything into her magic to go for the one shot. Though no black tomefaire, the +5 magic modifier compensates for it and 2x uses of bolting is really attractive. Though no physic which makes anyone a bit sad.

Hapi as a Dark Knight also makes perfect sense. Dark Tomefaire and having her ride around is nice. Uncanny Blow from Valkyrie will help her out alot. Something that Constance could also use for bolting and fimbulvetr. 

11 hours ago, Anathaco said:

Gremory for both the other 2: they probably both want Dark Flier but if it’s master class only then doubling spell usage is useful for both of them.

Hapi wouldn't benefit from Dark Flier because she only has Dark Magic. The class has Black Tomefaire

14 minutes ago, Barren said:

Hapi wouldn't benefit from Dark Flier because she only has Dark Magic. The class has Black Tomefaire

Ah, touche. Forgot about that. I was thinking moreso flying + her faith spell list, but yeah, no relevant faire skill hurts.

17 minutes ago, Barren said:

Balthus as a Warmaster makes perfect sense. He gets a crit + 20. Fist/Axefaire are always nice. Not to mention that if you master mercenary and warrior for vantage + wrath respectively, he can make his king of grappling ability work so well. +6 attack/defense in addition to vantage + wrath and crit +20 and more crit from killer knuckles+? Yes please!. You can even achieve overkill power with defiant strength from the Hero class. But that may or may not be necessary pending on your persective.

Oh, so defiant strength/defence do stack with Balthus' personal? That's good to know- I was curious about that.