August/September 2020 Event Calendar

Fire Emblem Fan

August/September 2020 event calendar is here!

So, we're getting a Special Heroes banner in early September. It's gonna be the dancing banner for this year, surely. CYL is definitely gonna be that August 18th banner, AND it has a Grand Hero Battle coming with it. I wonder who the GH could be.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Huh. For some reason I thought the double special heroes banner would be a bit ... sooner. Like, this week. Am I remembering the last one wrong or do these not have a definite return time?

Also, "ordeals"? Is that something new or am I just dumb right now?

EDIT: Guess we are having a dancer banner in addition to the pirate banner then.

Edited by Sunwoo

Ok so I'm going to save orbs for HF!Micaiah's rerun along with OG!Micaiah's rerun. Then I'm going to save orbs to get Ced to give pulse smoke to Norne. Considering I only have 130 orbs right now, I'm not confident I can get many merges on HF!Micaiah considering she's only at +4. 

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Huh. For some reason I thought the double special heroes banner would be a bit ... sooner. Like, this week. Am I remembering the last one wrong or do these not have a definite return time?

EDIT: Guess we are having a dancer banner in addition to the pirate banner then.

DSH's kinda bounce around. it's actually kind of odd that this one is running alongside the legendary but i'm glad. i hope they do that for October as well. 
was having a Dancer Banner in Question? 

____

Heroes with Link Skills
We've had a new hero added with it (Lilith) so I suppose she could be the rep - however Mordecai hasn't had one, either (and he has a link). not to mention Lilith is still awful Early. 

My guess would be 
Camilla
Kaden
Mordecai/Lilith

(camilla's barely had banners, they've done nina twice. and Lavetain has had some as well as Sumia). 

Heroes with Ruse Skills
Leila 
Annette

A!Anna (but again. still early i think) - so we could see Brave Eliwood instead. 

Heroes with Duel Skills
(lmao)
Lagjarn
Helbindi

Loki

very simple. 
I would also argue whomever is on these banners impacts September/Octobers.  I still see nils on this banner (unless the hero is blue), and if Lilith/Anna is on this, this means. in October we're looking at F!Kris as the Blue Rep. 

Edited by daisy jane

11 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

CYL4 does count as New Heroes event?

Always thought it was a "seasonal" banner since their quests appear in side quest and not in main story.

So this means there will be the free 5* after 40 pulls thing?

It seems we will be able to spark with 4 tickets at that! Unless something changes, I suspect a spark system in place.

It has never been a seasonal though since these units get added to the main pool, but you're right in that they give this banner a paralogue rather than a main story chapter that would otherwise advance the story.

12 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

was having a Dancer Banner in Question? 

I think I knew that we were most likely going to have one, but wouldn't have been surprised if it did get skipped this year.

2 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

It seems we will be able to spark with 4 tickets at that! Unless something changes, I suspect a spark system in place.

It has never been a seasonal though since these units get added to the main pool, but you're right in that they give this banner a paralogue rather than a main story chapter that would otherwise advance the story.

It will be four tickets for sure since it's connected with forging bonds.

If Heroes is generous, it will give away tickets to all former CYL and maybe and hopefully current CYL too.

Iirc last year we got daily tickets for the former CYL banners and the ones from forging bonds for the current one.

Until confirmed otherwise, I'm entirely expecting CYL4 to not have sparking. I feel that having that in addition to just being able to pick a focus unit for free right away would be too generous for IS's tastes plus IS is already using up what generosity they do have with the Hero Fest compensation. 

Edited by Tybrosion

As expected, CYL is on the 18th. Given that that's in just about a week, the Feh Channel will probably be at the end of this week, with the normal trailer for the Banner dropping Sunday evening for the datamine on Monday~

FB was pretty much a given since there's a TT going on now, but I didn't expect a GHB. Lots of potential for who that could be, but I'm expecting a Church Member. Maybe Seteth. Which would be pretty lame but I'd rather him be free than him being added to the main pool and having a chance at pitybreaking me in the future~

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

As expected, CYL is on the 18th. Given that that's in just about a week, the Feh Channel will probably be at the end of this week, with the normal trailer for the Banner dropping Sunday evening for the datamine on Monday~

FB was pretty much a given since there's a TT going on now, but I didn't expect a GHB. Lots of potential for who that could be, but I'm expecting a Church Member. Maybe Seteth. Which would be pretty lame but I'd rather him be free than him being added to the main pool and having a chance at pitybreaking me in the future~

why would he pity break you?

he'd legit be the demote haha

Based on Sigrun being the fifth CYL unit last year, it'll be Jill GHB to give them a reason to not have a Tellius New Heroes banner again. *ducks for cover*

Aaanyway, I'm only at 35 orbs at the moment. Based on the predictions kindly provided here, there are 95 orbs up for grabs up to and including the 18th. That'd take me up to 130 which would be just short of the amount required to spark on banner launch day. But then I haven't gotten all the current TT orbs yet so I might have enough. But then I won't be getting the CCs and Easy/Normal Paralogue orbs listed in those calculations, so I might not have enough again. Oh well, either way it shouldn't be too long a wait after. And if there isn't a spark ...I quit.

Well I will just take my free Dimitri and not care about CYL after since I only have one favorite this year.  I am praying that the dancer banner has Elphin as the TT unit, but I won't get my hopes to high. 

I'm still guessing CYL4 will have sparking in place of the normal free pick.

Link candidates:

• Atk/Spd Link: n/a
  • Atk/Def Link: Laevatein, Mordecai, Sumia
  • Atk/Res Link: Dream Camilla
  • Spd/Def Link: Norne
  • Spd/Res Link: Nina, Kaden
  • Def/Res Link: Lilith

I'm gonna guess Lilith, one of Nina/Kaden, and one of Laevatein/Camilla.

Looking back, the first Link skills banner had Laevatein/Sumia/Nina, while the second had Camilla/Kaden/Nina. So there will definitely be repeats, and they're not aversa to having two units on the banner get the same skill, but I'm guessing it isn't Nina's third time around.

Laevatein was last run in April 2019, while Kaden, Nina, and Dream Camilla were all last last run on that second Link banner in November 2019. So I think the most likely scenario is Lilith/Laevatein/Kaden, unless they want to include Norne, probably in Kaden's spot. Norne is a demote, but she hasn't been rerun at all.

Ruse candidates:

• Atk/Spd Ruse: Eliwood, Anna
  • Atk/Def Ruse: Leila
  • Atk/Res Ruse: n/a (doesn't even exist yet)
  • Spd/Def Ruse: Eleonora
  • Spd/Res Ruse: n/a
  • Def/Res Ruse: Annette

Annette seems pretty safe, as the only non-blue/colorless. She's been rerun on a legendary banner and a VG banner, but never a 3-character banner yet.

Anna is probably too soon. Eliwood has only previously been rerun on the Hero fest back in February, so I'm guessing he's our blue.

Leila and Eleonora have only shown up on their launch banners and on legendary banners, both of which had Eleonora one month earlier. So I'd say Eleonora is slightly more likely, bu it could go either way.

Duel candidates:

• R Infantry: n/a
  • R Flier: Laegjarn
  • B Infantry: n/a
  • B Flier: n/a
  • G infantry: Helbindi
  • G flier: n/a
  • C infantry: Loki
  • C flier: n/a (doesn't even exist yet)

No uncertainty here, it's just Laegjarn/Helbindi/Loki.

6 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

There have been a few New Heroes banners that had Paralogues. All previous CYL and Farfetched banners, plus most of the Book 1 New Heroes banners, as well as Adrift, TMS, and the most recent FE6 banner. Also, the two OC New Heroes banners between Book 2 and Book 3 didn't even have Paralogues.

6 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm assuming Ordeals means Heroic Ordeals.

Edited by Othin

CYL is on the 18th. It will have Forging Bonds so tickets are expected also it will most likely have sparking and if the free summon is a thing then we can get 2 units. GHB is going to be someone random I guess (hopefully it's a TH character to match with the units of the banner). That's pretty much the only thing I care in the calendar, I am with 65 so far. After CYL there are dancers that I don't care about/like. 

...Seriously? I was 100% expecting them to skip a refresher banner this year because of the pirate one. And they somehow didn't. Instead, real new heroes were replaced with seasonal alts. Now I'm honestly pissed. I guess I can't expect ANYTHING from this game anymore. Other than a very occasional surprise, I've never liked IS's decisions here this year. But I guess it IS 2020... 😕

Edited by Anacybele

The calendar looks nice. Having a Forging Bonds with the next banner, which can be the CYL, makes me happy. Means that I need less orbs to spark (if it's available).

A GHB is also welcomed. I hope tit's a unit a like, and a good unit. Since CYL is 3H War Phase related, maybe a boss from War Phase as well?

I didn't like two BHB revivals in a row, but since we got two new BHB in a row this month... that's fair.

My only question is: will this New Heroes (CYL probably) have a paralogue or story chapter... all CYL had paralogues, but this means no Story until mid September... I hope it's Story, so not only we continue the Book, but also more orbs than what paralogue would give us.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Seriously? I was 100% expecting them to skip a refresher banner this year because of the pirate one. And they somehow didn't. Instead, real new heroes were replaced with seasonal alts. Now I'm honestly pissed. I guess I can't expect ANYTHING from this game anymore. Other than a very occasional surprise, I've never liked IS's decisions here this year. But I guess it IS 2020... 😕

Last year we got 2 different special banners outside the ones we used to have: Hot Springs and Picnic. This year we got two different special banners as well: 20th Anniversary and Pirates.

For my point of view, it seems normal for now.

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The calendar looks nice. Having a Forging Bonds with the next banner, which can be the CYL, makes me happy. Means that I need less orbs to spark (if it's available).

A GHB is also welcomed. I hope tit's a unit a like, and a good unit. Since CYL is 3H War Phase related, maybe a boss from War Phase as well?

I didn't like two BHB revivals in a row, but since we got two new BHB in a row this month... that's fair.

My only question is: will this New Heroes (CYL probably) have a paralogue or story chapter... all CYL had paralogues, but this means no Story until mid September... I hope it's Story, so not only we continue the Book, but also more orbs than what paralogue would give us.

Last year we got 2 different special banners outside the ones we used to have: Hot Springs and Picnic. This year we got two different special banners as well: 20th Anniversary and Pirates.

For my point of view, it seems normal for now.

It does mean we're keeping the yearly seasonal count at 11 for now, though, rather than dropping it back down like many of us hoped when we saw they'd replaced the Hot Springs banner with a New Heroes one.

I don't think there's any more BHB revivals than normal. It's still one in the August-September month and one in the September-October one, just that those two have ended up close together.

Outside of students, the highest-voted characters that CYL classified under "War Arc" were Seiros, Nemesis, and Cornelia. Cornelia might be the best fit for a GHB, since the other two seem more like mythics to me.

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Outside of students, the highest-voted characters that CYL classified under "War Arc" were Seiros, Nemesis, and Cornelia. Cornelia might be the best fit for a GHB, since the other two seem more like mythics to me.

Also someone like Thales could be the GHB since he is relevant mostly during the war arc. I just hope it's not a normal character like last year. 

Also looking carefully at the calendar I noticed how I wasn't interested in anything at all except CYL so I think it could be easy to try and save afterwards for October's Blue and Green in the Legendary banner. 

Edited by SuperNova125

10 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

August/September 2020 event calendar is here!

So, we're getting a Special Heroes banner in early September. It's gonna be the dancing banner for this year, surely. CYL is definitely gonna be that August 18th banner, AND it has a Grand Hero Battle coming with it. I wonder who the GH could be.

I predict a 3H GHB. It just makes too much sense given that they've had time to plan this with the all 3H CYL. And to that end, I'd say that Rhea, Nemesis, Thales, and Solon are our top candidates. Though they could always throw us a curveball with someone like Seteth, Rodrigue, any of the children of the goddess, etc.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier