Order (4 routes)

Order (4 route)  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What route have you play first and last ? (CS excluded)

• Creation (SS -> AM -> VW -> CF)
    • Classic (AM -> CF -> SS > VW)
    • Cycle (CF -> AM -> VW -> SS)
    • Season (CF -> VW -> AM -> SS)
    • Asian title (VW -> CF -> SS -> AM)
    • Other order (CS excluded)

AM -> VW -> SS -> CF

It took Jeritza becoming playable for me to even consider playing CF lol. I enjoyed it, tbf, but I definitely put it off for a while.

i played the game in this order:

CF -> SS -> AM -> VW

my criteria was "i want to get rid of edelgard's route as soon as possible"

I went CF -> VW -> AM -> SS, but I don't know what the names you've given to the different orders mean or why that is "season" order? I'm guessing it's something that was in the original Japanese version that was dropped from the translation since it relies on Japanese cultural context? My reasoning was super basic. First game, I knew nothing about the routes or characters, so I chose Black Eagles because it was the one with a female lord, then chose Crimson Flower fairly arbitrarily because I didn't particularly like either option at the point where you choose. Next game I played Verdant Wind because I liked what I'd seen of Claude more than what I'd seen of Dimitri up to that point. Then by the time I came to my third game, I'd read up about stuff more and knew that Silver Snow and Verdant Wind had a lot in common, so wanted to do something different, so Azure Moon it was. Then that left Silver Snow.

1 hour ago, lenticular said:

I went CF -> VW -> AM -> SS, but I don't know what the names you've given to the different orders mean or why that is "season" order? I'm guessing it's something that was in the original Japanese version that was dropped from the translation since it relies on Japanese cultural context? My reasoning was super basic. First game, I knew nothing about the routes or characters, so I chose Black Eagles because it was the one with a female lord, then chose Crimson Flower fairly arbitrarily because I didn't particularly like either option at the point where you choose. Next game I played Verdant Wind because I liked what I'd seen of Claude more than what I'd seen of Dimitri up to that point. Then by the time I came to my third game, I'd read up about stuff more and knew that Silver Snow and Verdant Wind had a lot in common, so wanted to do something different, so Azure Moon it was. Then that left Silver Snow.

Crimson Flower : Spring

Verdant Wind : Summer

Azure Moon : Autumn

Silver Snow : Winter

First order of playthroughs I did was VW->AM->CF->SS. That will also be the order in which I’ll do my Maddening runs when I get to them.

Second order (for Hard Mode) is going to end up as AM->VW->CF->SS.

Next time I go through the game (for personal canon) a while from now, it’s going to be SS->AM->CF->VW. Because SS and CF will have opposite-gendered Byleths which is a good enough justification for going through part 1 4 times.

Ideally, my runs will look like AM->SS->CF->VW.

None of these are on the poll, so there’s that.

My ideal order is based on several criteria:

1. VW and SS not back-to-back, due to too similar post-skip

2. CF and SS not back-to-back, due to identical pre-skip

3. CF, as the most unique route post-skip, neither first nor last

So, either VW->CF->AM->SS (what I ended up playing) or SS->AM->CF->VW work. I don't think any other permutations satisfy all these rules.

1 minute ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

2. CF and SS not back-to-back, due to identical pre-skip

I usually do part 1 once, and then create two saves at a certain point. It would either be in chapter 9 (if the dancer will be different) or chapter 11 (before talking with Edelgard).

I guess I'll vote for other. My Initial set of runs was close to classic just swap VM and SS. I'm a weirdo that plays through the part 1 of CF and SS. Well SS was my first Maddening run so I had to start from scratch.