New Feh Channel!

Anacybele

Blergh, I'm actually surprised at how disappointed I was by this Feh Channel.

• I haven't played Three Houses so I didn't really care about this year's CYL to begin with, but could IS at least have bothered to make them not just enhanced versions of themselves? Maybe give them alternate weapons from their master classes? Edelgard is particularly egregious since she already got an axe for her Legendary alt.
  • Jorge is literally just a meme. They didn't even make him a Duo Hero with his brother.
  • The new mode looks bland, but at least it doesn't take any actual effort.
  • More Dragonflowers for Julia and Lucina, I suppose. At this point IS really should let early cavalry, armors, and fliers get more too.
  • Trait Fruit looks handy, but we probably won't be getting very many if Divine Codes are any indication. At least Y!Minerva will appreciate the tweaked stats.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wondering why they led with the most anticipated part of the channel instead of saving it for last, but that was answered pretty quickly.  I don't think they could have made these units more boring if they tried.  If legendary Edelgard is any indication, the inevitable Dimitri and Claude legends are almost certainly going to be the same weapon/movement class with a similar outfit.  Unless Claude's bow does something really unique/crazy, I fear that he especially will have a relatively short shelf life for those who were looking forward to investing in these.  Three Houses is all about unit customization so this is especially disappointing.  

Jorge is a joke, and if there is truth to the allegation that his high number of votes was the result of botting what kind of message does his inclusion into the game, and association with CYL, send?  I expect to see a lot more of this next year.

Trait Fruit is a fantastic addition.  Depending on what the influx is like, it's going to be a lot less tempting now to "fix" poor IV units with merges, and just save the feathers/skill fodder instead.      

Why are people saying Jorge should have been a duo unit with Daniel or are wondering why he's not a duo unit with Daniel? This is a free unit you're talking about. You really think IS is going to hand us a free duo unit? I doubt they're ever going to do so unless this unit type somehow becomes super common.

It does disappoint me that the TH peeps have the same weapons and colors as they normally would though, I can agree on that one. But it doesn't bother me too much when Claude and Dimitri both look so damn awesome and I want them anyway. 😛

I agree that early cavaliers and fliers should be allowed more dragonflowers, btw. Someone like Frederick only being allowed 5 and soon 10 is ridiculous with how low their BST is. Ranged cavalry probably have even lower stats than him. Cavalry have the lowest BST out of the four movement types, don't they? So yeah. And they need more help in general. I ought to make a thread on this, actually.

Edited by Anacybele

IS should hand us a free duo unit. They should have done so at the start. Hell, they should have done so with pair ups and harmonic heroes as well.

It holds that when there is a new unit type - with new modes built around them no less - everyone should be able to take advantage of and see the strengths of that unit type.

They did it with legendaries and mythics, giving us the first ever heroes of those types. Why not duos, harmonics, or pair ups?

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

13 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

IS should hand us a free duo unit. They should have done so at the start. Hell, they should have done so with pair ups and harmonic heroes as well.

It holds that when there is a new unit type - with new modes built around them no less - everyone should be able to take advantage of and see the strengths of that unit type.

They did it with legendaries and mythics, giving us the first ever heroes of those types. Why not duos, harmonics, or pair ups?

I don't think they have an obligation to do that. I do think it would have been a good idea for them to take that approach with Resplendent Heroes and Forma Souls, though, so f2p players could have felt like we were at least getting something out of it. 

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think they have an obligation to do that. I do think it would have been a good idea for them to take that approach with Resplendent Heroes and Forma Souls, though, so f2p players could have felt like we were at least getting something out of it. 

Obligation, no. They don't have an obligation to do anything. But the move makes sense (giving players a trial into new heavily monetizable systems) and shows good will.

I am a little disappointed that not only they played safe with the final class attires, but also same weapons as their others versions. Well, it's basically guaranteed that L!Claude will have a bow, and L!Dimitri a lance... Claude stil can be a colored Bow at least, not that I like the idea.

I would like Axe Flier Claude, or Sword Edelgard... but oh well. What interest me now is their full skillsets. Lysithea looks to be a pretty good fodder unit

Claude healing when special triggers (Solar Brace effect) is a nice reference to his crest.

I am prety happy that we have a nice blue option that scores well, even though I couldn't care less about the character. Do I wish was a better character? Yes. Will I still built him? Yes.

New mode? I am still confused about it... looks like they picked Mjolnir's Strike Counter phase and made a separated mode with that.

More Dragonflowers is a nice thing. And I super happy with the Trait Fruit addition. Now I can fix my -HP Bride Fjorm and make her +HP!

For me, not the best Feh Channel... kinda meh, honestly.

The cyl4 winners are going to be here. With gen 5 bst and endgame outfits. Not the most striking of designs; could have chosen one of the many other classes in 3H. I'll laugh if the legendary versions have better performances.  Still aiming heavily for Dimitri 

Jorge getting into Heroes makes me raise questions about the next cyl. 

Higher dragonflower cap. Better focus more on AR and the others modes. Poor early units are begging for any advantage at this point.

Changing ivs I find to to the most interesting addition in a while. I already have several candidates in might when it comes out.

Overall decent feh channel.

I hope they remove Brigand Boss from the next CYL pool. Jorge getting meme'd into the game is bad enough, but Jorge is at least an actual character with an actual name. Brigand Boss is on the same level as the 3-13 archer (and substantially less funny).

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

33 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Yeah, this is a fair point, I admit. Thing is, Fjorm, Eir, and Peony tied heavily into the main story, whereas these duo units don't. So we'd only get a free duo if we got one that tied into the main story, I guess. I'd actually like to see that though.

14 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I hope they remove Brigand Boss from the next CYL pool. Jorge getting meme'd into the game is bad enough, but Jorge is at least an actual character with an actual name. Brigand Boss is on the same level as the 3-13 archer (and substantially less funny).

A finger on the monkey's paw curls inward.

Five months later, Brigand Boss wins CYL5, and therefore is removed from future CYL polls.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

We should vote for Daniel in CYL 5.

Only if means Reinhardt wins and he becomes a colorless flying mage with a Brave tome that has effective damage against all unit types, negates penalties on him and field buffs on his foes, and deals 7 damage when he initiates meaning he is guaranteed 7x2 damage before damage reduction skills are factored in.

Also, the next Astra or Dark mythic is invincible for 7 turns.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Only if means Reinhardt wins and he becomes a colorless flying mage with a Brave tome that has effective damage against all unit types, negates penalties on him and field buffs on his foes, and deals 7 damage when he initiates meaning he is guaranteed 7x2 damage before damage reduction skills are factored in.

Also, the next Astra or Dark mythic is invincible for 7 turns.

Daniel scoring well in CYL 5 has more chance to happen than all these things you wrote that I didn't even bother in reading them all.

I'll do it if it means keeping Marth out again. Daniel, Brigand Boss, Glade, Batta, Hans, any of them.

This is especially true after seeing this year's CYL line-up - the lack of creativity makes it all the more likely that any Brave Marth will just be yet another stupid Falchion.

Edited by Humanoid

17 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The cyl4 winners are going to be here. With gen 5 bst and endgame outfits. Not the most striking of designs; could have chosen one of the many other classes in 3H. I'll laugh if the legendary versions have better performances.  Still aiming heavily for Dimitri 

Edelgard has it the worst in this regard with being green armor units.  Claude is probably going to be the best with most movement types

Well, I will vote for Marth this next CYL. In my opinion he is the one character that deserves to win since if we had combined votes in CYL 2 he would be 2nd place.

Daniel would be a joke vote, for sure. The only way for Daniel to reach high ranks is to be botted, like his brother was.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Even if Marth sticks to swords, I hope he wins eventually. Just the principle of the thing. 

I'm still going to use my votes for FE5 characters, though. Could be Asbel again, although Salem is tempting. 

My votes will depend on who's in the game in what form at that point. If Kieran is still absent and we still don't have legendary Elincia, I'm voting for them. And throw in a couple votes for Sylvain to show that his normal version is wanted, if it's also not there yet. Otherwise, I dunno.

Probably not voting for him but I do hope Marth gets top 2 for males next year in CYL5 and personally I wish Chrom joins him. As long as it's not another Three Houses fest I will be satisfied with whoever wins. I honestly don't know who I will be voting for other than possibly throwing all my votes at Fates Anna (unless the other Anna fans are still going to push hard for Awakening Anna) though Nyna's continued absence kind of makes me want to throw a vote or two for her. Maybe I will just use the majority of my votes on women from Archanea like Linde, Palla and the already mentioned Nyna. Well, it's too soon to think about CYL5 anyways since there is plenty of time to think about it and who knows what characters will be added or getting alts in the next five months.

Next CYL I will vote for Rhea, Seiros, Freya and then I will rally behind Marth and Seliph, they need more love. 

Also watched PM1's video and I hadn't  notice that Dimitri also has the Breath effect so that's nice. Afterwards, I watched the channel again and noticed something interesting about Edelgard. Dimitri's second video shows him fight a bow cavalier. After that we see that the bow is adjacent to Edelgard. When she moves she not only has 2 movement but also the orders effect. As she is next to a horse that means she gave those effects to herself. Pair her crazy movement with a 75 to 80% damage reduction and free follow ups and she pretty much becomes an absolute demon that will spread terror in every mode. 

Edited by SuperNova125