New Feh Channel!

Anacybele

All four CYLs have nice art. Lysithea's dress is the best, though. I think I'll take her. I very much doubt that I'll have enough orbs to get any other free circle. If I somehow manage it, I'll get Dimitri. Love lance infantry and his armour looks awesome.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Next CYL I will vote for Rhea, Seiros

please do

i'll give Rhea all of my votes, hopefully she can rank better this time

Not too impressed with the CYL4 units, even though they are clearly going with their 3rd tier promotions. Claude and Dimtri are the most interesting as units (colorless bow flier and lance infantry aren't too common and Dimtri appears to have a DC skill or effect).

Lysithea is another offensive red mage infantry and doesn't come with Time's Pulse at base, instead coming with Hone Spd 4. Sleep. Her artwork is easily the best to me, though.

Edelgard is basically the new Hector at this point since it seems like her alts are just going to be axe armors with high Atk and defenses and low to below average Spd. She does have a damage reduction effect though which may be obnoxious on her.

Because of my general lack of interest (and having little to no attachment to any of the CYL4 characters), I may just wait for the consensus of FEHtubers and such to pick the "best F2P pick" from the free gift and largely ignore the spark system. I don't even have the orbs anyways to attempt even 1 spark (let alone 615 for all 4 sparks) when September has some crazy stuff coming up.

Trait Fruits are nice though I can potentially see them as being another dump resource eventually (think Arena medals). We're still constrained by what the gacha gives us (lots of 3-4* units, who likely wouldn't even need Trait Fruits at all unless the player gets unlucky with the Trait rolls when merging up and we may not even need Trait Fruits if attempting to +10 even a 5* exclusive unless unlucky). It's nice for grail units though let's be real -- it only really matters for a few of them since most are just going to be ignored by most players anyways (ie. +Atk Ashnard and Kronya, +Spd Minerva, +HP Aversa, +Atk Cecilia, etc.).

Dragonflowers stat boosts being updated -- welp, IS is clearly getting ready for Gen. 5 units who are probably going to be even more BS. Thankfully, they at least reset the flower costs once the unit reaches the old limit... though it's still a lot of flowers (1460 for an infantry unit from launch to Nailah with 15 boosts from 0). Though damn, I'm gonna be needing a lot more infantry and flier flowers.

As for Jorge, he's sleep since colored bows aren't too crazy, not to mention that red fliers aren't too common aside from like Byleth in Arena and Aversa. However, if his votes were indeed botted by one person, this could imply that IS has no way of telling if the votes are being skewed because of a few people running bot programs thus potentially making future CYL results such as those of CYL5 more unpredictable since more people could end up using bots to stuff the ballot or the same people who botted in CYL4 could end up using more bots per machine or something.

Edited by Roflolxp54

23 minutes ago, Yexin said:

please do

i'll give Rhea all of my votes, hopefully she can rank better this time

I hope so too. Might actually give her more votes, she might not get brave but she can get some crazy alts and I am here for it. 

Spoiler

I personally think that they should combine the Seiros and Rhea votes, they are the same person and they aren't hiding it that much considering that you see Seiros's face in the first cutscene. I mean who am I supposed to vote of the two?

28 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I hope so too. Might actually give her more votes, she might not get brave but she can get some crazy alts and I am here for it. 

Hide contents

I personally think that they should combine the Seiros and Rhea votes, they are the same person and they aren't hiding it that much considering that you see Seiros's face in the first cutscene. I mean who am I supposed to vote of the two?

yeah, i'm honestly not seeing Rhea winning CYL anytime soon, but a high enough position might be good for her representation she should've been the lead unit in her summer alt with Byleth

as for Spoiler, yeah, they should, but "different characters" and BS like that will eventually always undermine her ranking potential

well, a man can dream

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Daniel scoring well in CYL 5 has more chance to happen than all these things you wrote that I didn't even bother in reading them all.

I like the absurd and stupid, but at this point I kind of want to see them push further to see how far they can go before everyone feels like they reached a breaking point. Ashera and Jedah could see as them testing the waters further with units being immune to damage under certain circumstances. Ashera would be able to get away with it as she is likely to be a mythic while Jedah being a GHB unit would be way to placate us.

Moving on from that, I feel like at this point people should vote for healers or characters who can heal in hopes we can get another healer with a prf staff. Healers are a strange lot where of the gen 1 units, only healers lacked two passives unlike everyone else and unlike everyone else when they are a 4* unit, they did not have access to a third tier passive whereas everyone else except for Clair and Xander did have access to to a third tier passive or all their passives if they had a movement affecting B passive such as Barst, Beruka, Clive, Donnel, Draug, Gwendolyn, and Olivia. Healers, units with Distant Counter weapons, and seasonal units are the only units who have yet to be part of a weapon update or perhaps you could even say excluded from weapon updates.

For DC weapons, you could justify them because DC is a powerful A passive, but recently with weapons having strong or versatile effects such as Blade/Spear of Shadow, Guardian's Axe, Laevatein, and infamously, Urvan, pairing DC with those effects are stronger than having a DC weapon with a good A or B passive. That said, we have seen little pokes with DC weapons such as legendary Roy, and legendary kid Tiki, and fallen kid Tiki, having effective damage against dragons, Sothis negating effective damage against dragons, and Altina having a Brave effect on both phases with Ragnell·Alondite to which I would excuse them because effective damage against dragons is a bit minor and Altina and Sothis are mythics. Similarly, we have a seen weapons with conditional DC through Saber's Golden Dagger's unique refinement, fallen Berkut's Kriemhild requiring a ranged ally to be within 2 spaces for Distant Counter and inflicting 20 damage on the nearest ally, beast armors which at the moment is still only Caineghis, and Osian and Say'ri's >= 50% HP check for DC on a Killer weapon. But then we got berserk Ike who got a full on effect for Chaos Ragnell and while it might take a while until she is released eventually as probably a mythic, Freyja's Nightmare Horn having Distant Counter and a speed check damage reduction. But I digress, since this is not the main point I want to talk about.

There are only four healers with prf staffs and in order of their debut: CYL Veronica for CYL2 released on August 21, 2018, Loki through the Farfetched Brave Redux banner released on October 23, 2018, bride Fjorm from the Bridal Belongings banner released on May 21, 2019, and CYL Camilla for CYL3 released on August 16, 2019. Three of them were voted in where Loki being a healer was guaranteed because that's what she showed up as an enemy while CYL Veronica and CYL Camilla could have been anything, but they fortunately or unfortunately because of how they are as units, they were healers. Bride Fjorm is the only healer with a prf staff who was introduced on a whim. Fjorm being part of a bride and groom banner is a sure, it could happen, but a healer and one with a prf staff? That was unpredictable. Let's recap: we had to vote in three healers where one was guaranteed to be one and two were by chance healers and the remaining one although a seasonal unit was also by chance a healer instead of anything else she could have been. In other words, Loki could have been the only healer with a prf staff to this day had CYL Camilla, bride Fjorm, and CYL Veronica not been healers.

Fire Emblem does not lack prf staffs. Specifically, the main games do have prf staffs that are offensive in nature such Fomortiis's Nightmare which inflicts sleep in The Sacred Stones as hilarious it would be to see Fomortiis or a version of Fomortiis end up being a healer and Thyrsus which grants +2 range to magic attacks in Three Houses. I guess Asclepius in Three Houses could also count since it would be like a staff with Renewal 3 or Recovery Ring as one of its effects as I am not sure how they would translate Asclepius from Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Although not prf or personal staffs, there are things like Berserk, Elsilence/Silence, Elsleep/Sleep, Enfeeble, Entrap, and Hexing Rod that they could give to someone. Some of them would have a counterpart like Hexing Rod could be a stronger, but prf version of Pain for someone. Otherwise, they could introduce them as personal heals which we have yet to have. Or they could make up a staff or effects for them which they did. Four times.

Flash/Candlelight, Gravity, Melancholy/Witchy Wand, Pain, Panic, Dazzling Staff, and Wrathful Staff are powerful, so a prf staff could end up not be as great as them which I think is fine when things like -blade tomes, Brave Bow, Broadleaf Fan, and the Cleaner among other things are considered better than prf weapons in general or better than the prf weapon a unit has. Or they could just do something like someone ends up with a prf version of Pain with maybe another effect maybe as underwhelming as a Drive or Spur and simply has access to Dazzling Staff or Wrathful Staff as their refinement options. That would be fine too, except that has yet to happen. Would any really care if Azama ends up with a prf version of Pain with Dazzling Staff as its other base effect? Wrathful Staff doesn't really matter to him when his attack is so low and something like a Guard, Live to Serve, whatever would just be a bonus as a unique refinement or even as another base effect where he is not even given the option of refining his staff, or something you just have to deal with when facing him.

My pessimism makes me feel like healers are not going to be part of weapon updates unless they are a CYL unit and that they will try as much as possible to not put in healers with a prf staff where I could even see them making Thyrsus a colorless tome. To that, I feel like we should force their hand by voting for characters who are healers or who can heal even knowing that they could or would be able to do something like, "Hey! You all voted for Elice, so we made her a sword infantry unit with Falchion as a reference to her father Cornelius and brother Marth."

Edited by Kaden

Looking back over their intros, I'm noticing that Dimitri is seen countering bow attacks. Given that he's using a Gradivus variant, it looks like it'll be a DC-plus weapon, unsurprisingly. Wonder how big that plus is. Freyja established that DC weapons with a Repel effect are on the table, so maybe that's where his damage reduction comes from? Regularly Dimitri isn't particularly fast, so unless that's changing, a weapon could explain him having an alternate version that scales off Def or something. Or the damage reduction could come from his personal skill, I guess.

Claude heals 21 HP from killing a 35 HP enemy, so his HP drain effect seems to be 60%. That's pretty extreme. And it seems to come with a Slaying effect too? Man.

I wonder if this Edelgard has some sort of inverted Armored Stride effect, where she gets a Move bonus from starting next to any ally rather than from not being adjacent to anyone.

I'm calling it now, Claude's gonna be the best FTP option! He's a bow flier which is rare and also is a great unit type and then he's got that healing effect and stuff.

Ironically, Claude being colorless means my free CYL pick has always been a different color. Roy, Ephraim, Eliwood, and now Claude.

7 hours ago, Kaden said:

Also, the next Astra or Dark mythic is invincible for 7 turns.

Now, now, we have to be at least somewhat reasonable. Make it 6.5 turns, they can warp to any square on the map, and under AI control, they always warp to the spot farthest from any of the opposing units.

7 hours ago, Humanoid said:

This is especially true after seeing this year's CYL line-up - the lack of creativity makes it all the more likely that any Brave Marth will just be yet another stupid Falchion.

While that is true, I still think it'd be worth it to see an Elice-inspired alt.

Not sure who'll get my votes, but turban Hardin is a strong candidate. His more imposing, but less endearing, self has been around for quite a while as is, and he's one of the more prominent Archanaea characters even with his much smaller role in Shadow Dragon.

33 minutes ago, Othin said:

Given that he's using a Gradivus variant, it looks like it'll be a DC-plus weapon, unsurprisingly. Wonder how big that plus is.

It'd be weird for the CYL winner to be worse than one of the regular fallen heroes (then again they had no issues making the CYL2 women's #1 unarguably worse than the #2), and since berserk Ragnell or whatever it's called is pretty dang strong, I'm guessing it'll be fairly impressive. Since they've been testing the DC waters for a while now, the question is how much longer until DC refinements finally start happening? Of the vanilla DC weapon users I think Hardin is the best, and even he could do with some help at this point.

Edited by bottlegnomes

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Ironically, Claude being colorless means my free CYL pick has always been a different color. Roy, Ephraim, Eliwood, and now Claude.

Nice. It's almost the opposite situation for me. I don't know if the free pick will be how I get Claude, but this is the third time my most-wanted CYL unit has been the colorless one. Only exception was last year for Alm, although I did still end up getting Camilla anyway.

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

Now, now, we have to be at least somewhat reasonable. Make it 6.5 turns, they can warp to any square on the map, and under AI control, they always warp to the spot farthest from any of the opposing units.

While that is true, I still think it'd be worth it to see an Elice-inspired alt.

Not sure who'll get my votes, but turban Hardin is a strong candidate. His more imposing, but less endearing, self has been around for quite a while as is, and he's one of the more prominent Archanaea characters even with his much smaller role in Shadow Dragon.

It'd be weird for the CYL winner to be worse than one of the regular fallen heroes (then again they had no issues making the CYL2 women's #1 unarguably worse than the #2), and since berserk Ragnell or whatever it's called is pretty dang strong, I'm guessing it'll be fairly impressive. Since they've been testing the DC waters for a while now, the question is how much longer until DC refinements finally start happening? Of the vanilla DC weapon users I think Hardin is the best, and even he could do with some help at this point.

FE1 Hardin would be very nice to get eventually.

I think Def-Repel would stack up plenty well against Chaos Ragnell.

They're running low on non-DC/staff/dancer refinements from Book 1, so it's possible they'll wrap those up and then start on the DC weapons. Speaking of which, we're once again approaching the point in the year where they rerun the two Book 1 seasonals with personal weapons, and both Urdr and Grimoire are pretty outdated by now. I wonder if they'll finally go for it this time.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Nice. It's almost the opposite situation for me. I don't know if the free pick will be how I get Claude, but this is the third time my most-wanted CYL unit has been the colorless one. Only exception was last year for Alm, although I did still end up getting Camilla anyway.

That's always interesting when that happens as well, the character you want most each year just happens to be a certain color. Hilariously enough, I almost picked green in CYL1. If I hadn't pulled two Brave Ikes off the banner itself, I would've had a harder time deciding between him and Roy.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

FE1 Hardin would be very nice to get eventually.

I think Def-Repel would stack up plenty well against Chaos Ragnell.

They're running low on non-DC/staff/dancer refinements from Book 1, so it's possible they'll wrap those up and then start on the DC weapons. Speaking of which, we're once again approaching the point in the year where they rerun the two Book 1 seasonals with personal weapons, and both Urdr and Grimoire are pretty outdated by now. I wonder if they'll finally go for it this time.

I'm kind of curious if he'd be a lance cav or a sword cav. Either one seems pretty easy to justify with his base weapon level and the fact that it's a story point, albeit a minor one, that he gives you a silver sword. It'd be pretty easy to justify him getting a personal weapon if they wanted, too. Something like Pledged Sword/Lance as a nod to his promising to protect Nyna.

I was going to say a def-based repel seems like it'd have diminishing returns since half the benefit is letting PP units safely dump defense, so high def units wouldn't gain as much, but the more I typed, the more I agreed with you. DC + def-repel would let him dump res and still potentially be able to tank and counter things like Ophelia or Lysithea which would be pretty sweet.

It’s appropriate that all the CYL units are boring - all the winners are from the same game is boring as well, so it’s IS giving the fan base what they chose in the first place.

I’m picking Claude, since I have Edelgard and Lysithea and Dimitri doesn’t interest me.

If Brom still isn't in the game in some form by the time of CYL 5, every vote is going to him. And even if he IS in the game, I'll still throw one or two votes at him. Aside from him, I'll rally behind Marth; he's the one, single character that was legitimately cheated out of a CYL alt. He genuinely deserves it, he's been left out for far too long and been passed over quite enough.

On the ladies side, I might throw a vote Eirika's way. She wasn't cheated like Marth was, but it'd be nice for Ephraim to get his twin sister in the club.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If Brom still isn't in the game in some form by the time of CYL 5, every vote is going to him. And even if he IS in the game, I'll still throw one or two votes at him. Aside from him, I'll rally behind Marth; he's the one, single character that was legitimately cheated out of a CYL alt. He genuinely deserves it, he's been left out for far too long and been passed over quite enough.

On the ladies side, I might throw a vote Eirika's way. She wasn't cheated like Marth was, but it'd be nice for Ephraim to get his twin sister in the club.

Well, Eirika wasn't directly cheated out of a Brave alt the way Marth was, but her getting an alt in the middle of voting was really fucking lame. It's likely that if it weren't for that alt, she might have actually been second. Hey, I'm almost certain she was above Veronica in the midterms. If people were voting just to stop Camilla and Azura from getting the Brave alt, that could've gotten Eirika more votes.

I might give Marth a vote, and I'll give Eirika a vote as well. But I REALLY want Tormod in the game, too.

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, Eirika wasn't directly cheated out of a Brave alt the way Marth was, but her getting an alt in the middle of voting was really fucking lame. It's likely that if it weren't for that alt, she might have actually been second. Hey, I'm almost certain she was above Veronica in the midterms. If people were voting just to stop Camilla and Azura from getting the Brave alt, that could've gotten Eirika more votes.

Yeah, Eirika was 3rd at the midpoint while Veronica was 5th. Collateral damage at its finest, unfortunately.

There's so much to react to! Okay, so, I guess first.... I am SO HAPPY that I can FINALLY manually choose my units' natures!! MAN that makes things easier for me! Though, that fruit may be tricky to obtain... I think that's a good thing, though. Don't want to make things too easy. Next, I laughed aloud when they revealed Jorge. XD I saw the silhouette and was all "Seasonal Shinon? Wait. No. .... They... Did they?" And then it revealed. They did. XD I'm really happy Daniel was included in the artwork, too! Looking forward to adding them to my barracks! (Even though there's something weird about Jorge's face in one of his attacking artworks. Something about the eyes and mouth feel like they weren't shaded properly or something...)

Next, Dimitri and Edelgard's end goals and positions of power are obvious, but...really IS? Going to dump that Claude spoiler on us? 😒 I just recently started going through the Golden Deer route for the first time (also recently finished my first run of Azure Moon) and am still in the school phase. I can't really blame them, I guess, but knowing it now still bugs me.

Also, regarding the CYL4 units' designs, I'm a bit surprised. Up until now, the units always dressed as people important to them. Barring their weapons, these are practically what I'd expect of their legendary versions. I guess they're using their ultimate classes for this one, and will go with their regular timeskip looks for their legendary versions. It's nice that both costumes get in the game, but...I was kind of hoping for something more in line with what they've done with other characters, you know? Like, maybe have them dress kind of like the timeskip versions of their lieutenants (Dimitri wearing something inspired by Dedue's look, Claude wearing something inspired by Hilda's and Edelgard wearing something inspired by Hubert's. Not sure what to do for Lysithia, but she probably has an NPC that's close to her. Haven't played through enough of Golden Deer yet to find that out.) That could've been really cool, especially if their weapons were inspired by these other people, too. Like, Dimitri could've gotten...well, gauntlets aren't in the game...a bow, maybe? Claude could've gotten an axe, Edelgard could've gotten a red tome and Lysithia could've gotten...a dagger or something? Anyway, this was a good opportunity to mix things up. I'm not really too upset about it, though; I'm mostly satisfied. It's really just that Almyra spoiler that's getting to me. >_<

So, all in all, I liked this one! Oh, and the new mode seems nice.

Looking forward to the Trait Fruit. They're best on the 5* exclusive units that you use the most. This also means I get to save orbs and stop at the +1 merge for units that I care about even if I don't pull the trait I want. 

I've been neglecting to plant Dragonflowers each week and looking through my box, I need infantry and flier ones the most. Not sure if I want to give my Abyssal sweepers more flowers as more bulk can mess with the Desperation range. Personally, I want to give my units flowers because I like them and not just for a map clear.