New Feh Channel!

Anacybele

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CYL is as good as I expected it. A bit disappointed to be honest at how their weapons are the standard. At this point Edelgard emblem is complete and has 4 axes and 3 of them are armored. However they have new BST and most likely 2 tier 4 skills as Lysethea showcased. I am not disappointed from the technical side. Will use the free summon and the first spark on Edelgard and summon exclusively on green.

Spoiler

Lysithea is a nuke and I have plenty of them that I don't even use. The men are certainly interesting, Claude most likely has somewhere around 167 BST from what I caught (if his weapon has a +3 to a stat), he has wind parthia that is a slaying bow that somehow restores HP. He also has fury 4, chill Spd/Def, what I assume is a personal skill? He is definitely second after Eddie and if I manage to get to the second spark I'll pick him. Dimitri will have most likely a DC+Cancer weapon like F.Ike and Freya as he might have a gradivus alt, his BST will be 178 if he got the new gen treatment and he also has noontime and a spurn type of damage reduction, I believe his personal skill will be really instresting as Feh explicitly mantioned it. Interesting definately but not too interested in blue tanks (expect L.Chrom in Light season). Edelgard will have 185 BST following that logic (she better have that, having less movement and same BST as infantfies is going to destroy armors). She has some sort of armored stride effect and noontime. Her axe is slaying and might provide her with a 75%-80% damage reduction as the red tome did 1 damage instead of 4. She will be mixed phase as Feh said and she does make a follow up against the mage so maybe that's what her personal is about. For me the priorities are, Edelgard>Claude>Dimitri>Lysithea

The extra sparks are nice and if I could I would spark the Lords. However, since I won't be pulling in all colours it will be harder, also I don't even have a crazy annount of orbs as I spent many on the mythic and Hero fest banners. I will grab as many Eddies as I can and then wait until she becomes resparkable through the Twitter voting thing or we have CYL as a hero fest like this year. 

This new mode seems boring to me so far but I will wait. 

More flowers is a nice thing however, it takes very long to even get the original 5 so I don't know how much it affects me. I will just try to get Fae from 10 to 15. What I am wondering is who will get that treatment. The traits changing is an amazing thing I am looking at my barracks and the possibilities are endless and the number of orbs I will save is also crazy. I just hope they are not as slow as codes and coins. We don't need another slow earning resource. 

So those are the brave units I won't be able to get. 

They were kinda tame about it all. I was kinda hoping Claude would go for a sultan look but its more of an updating form of his post timeskip look. Dimitri and Edelgard too have some differences but are ultimately more akin to their post timeskip looks than different. 

The Dragonflower cost resetting is interesting. For Gen 1 infantry that means it's cheaper to go from +10 to +15 than it was to go from +5 to +10.

DF level G1 Infantry Cumulative All other units Cumulative
1 10 10 40 40
2 20 30 80 120
3 30 60 120 240
4 40 100 160 400
5 60 160 200 600
6 80 240 40 640
7 110 350 80 720
8 140 490 120 840
9 170 660 160 1000
10 200 860 200 1200
11 40 900    
12 80 980    
13 120 1100    
14 160 1260    
15 200 1460    

Oof, I love all of them so much, this is so difficult. Literally the WORST CYL because I can't PICK! While I'm literally obsessed with Edelgard, I also hate armored units. Literally on this Forma Unit round, I didn't even use Ike or Greil, because I hate them so much. And since they made all her other ones (save one) armored, I was really hoping they'd make her something else. Alas, I suppose I can knock her off, but also she has the best art of the all the Edelgard's, which hurts my soul, because I got her other one as a pity breaker and I had to fodder her, cause that art was so ugly...

Claude's art looks ... divine. Like truly, just ... divine. 

Lysithea's art also looks amazing. Truly stunning.

Dimitri's art looks good. Honestly if they had given him Claude-tier artwork, I think I would have chosen him hands-down, but his artwork is just merely good. But I love Dimitri as a character and his calvary version artwork is so hideous and this one is good.

So really I want all 4. Ugh. I might have to go with Claude as my actual free pick, and then pick Dimitri after all those other summons. And then just snipe for Edelgard & Lysithea. This is such a tough decision, i don't even know.

Dragonflower updates!! Yay! M!Robin prepare to be boosted again. I still use him a lot, but poor child just keeps falling behind. 😞 

I'm glad we can finally give Alfonse a boon! As well as all our Grail units!! That will be really nice. And I can finally edit up some of those +0 units I have with bad assets/flaws.

Edited by Kiran_

12 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The Dragonflower cost resetting is interesting. For Gen 1 infantry that means it's cheaper to go from +10 to +15 than it was to go from +5 to +10.

1 10 10 40 40
2 20 30 80 120
3 30 60 120 240
4 40 100 160 400
5 60 160 200 600
6 80 240 40 640
7 110 350 80 720
8 140 490 120 840
9 170 660 160 1000
10 200 860 200 1200
11 40 900    
12 80 980    
13 120 1100    
14 160 1260    
15 200 1460    

Ia that confirmed? That's really nice. I already set my projects. I just wonder will every unit be able to go to 10 flowers? If every unit can get 10 flowers then for fliers my project will be Hel, for Cavaliers it's going to be Eliwood, for Armors after I am done getting +5 Legendary and Brave Edelgard I will slowly give them the +10 treatment. For infantries it's definitely a race between FF corrin, Sothis and Fae. 

7 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Ia that confirmed? That's really nice. I already set my projects. I just wonder will every unit be able to go to 10 flowers? If every unit can get 10 flowers then for fliers my project will be Hel, for Cavaliers it's going to be Eliwood, for Armors after I am done getting +5 Legendary and Brave Edelgard I will slowly give them the +10 treatment. For infantries it's definitely a race between FF corrin, Sothis and Fae. 

I calculated it based on what Feh explained, and it jives with what it showed the total cost was when Feh promoted Alfonse all the way up to +15 (around 11:20 in the video).

Edited by Humanoid

The outfits are great, but I have to second the dislike for the weapon types.

The actual weapon choices themselves are interesting, though. Claude's references Wind, foreshadowing his likely eventual Legendary element. Maybe Dimitri's will clarify what his will be? Although looking at Reddit, it seems people are expecting them to relate to the route names, so the other two probably won't be elements.

I'm pleasantly surprised they offered both the spark and the normal free summon. Multi-sparking is a nice option to have, but I'll just go for a single spark. Definitely getting Claude, since he's the only one of these four where I don't have the regular version, and I played Verdant Wind route. Not sure who I'll want my other pick to be, probably either Dimitri or Edelgard. I'll have to see their skills to be sure, and of course if I pull any while going for the spark, that'd change things. Hoping I can get one of the three house leaders while summoning, so I can take the other two as my free picks.

Claude's C skill has an icon similar to Null C-Disrupt. I'm guessing it grants that a NCD status, which is very interesting. Curious if it'll have any movement type restrictions.

The nice thing about the Brave versions seeming to be so similar to the legendaries is that it'll make me feel less compelled to get the legendaries. The less nice thing is that it means it seems redundant for them to both exist, so I'm not as excited for legendary Dimitri and Claude now.

Asset changing is very welcome, although I'm prepared for the item to be very rare. They do point out that it could take a while to accumulate, and they make a big deal out of the fact that you'll be able to do it once right away. Which is fine, it's still better than nothing. It'll just mean some decisions to make about who to do when.

The Dragonflower limit increase, I am not particularly happy about. I suppose it's better than introducing Gen 5 BST without giving the option, but still, maxing out units just got so much more expensive and I didn't particularly want Gen 5 BST to happen anyway. I'll be able to max out my current +10 infantry, fliers, and cavalry, but not my four +10 armors, and it'll mean future merge projects will further strain my supply. I'll probably have to be a bit careful about managing my supply for a while rather than just maxing out all my +10s, which I'm not looking forward to. I liked having so many more than I needed. At least they seem to be just repeating the old costs rather than making them even higher.

And of course if they introduce Gen 6 BST next year and bump up the dragonflower limit again, that'll all get even worse.

Jorge is funny, he's basically a one-off return of Farfetched. His skill set doesn't look too exciting, but he does have a prf, and he adds a fourth colored missile type to the non-premium roster. Now all colors have at least one readily available missile unit. (NY Eir for red, and Winter Jaffar / Rath / Python for green.)

New mode does not look very interesting, we have so many events already. Hopefully it alternates with Lost Lore or something rather than increasing the number of total events. I'm curious about the rewards but expecting pretty similar to Lost Lore. Also, "look at this massive army you're facing" seems so awkwardly similar to the premise of Mjolnir's Strike.

Maybe the Tellius units shown for the event are meant to go along with a Tellius banner next month?

Edited by Othin

More Dragonflower merges: Great another BST increase... I like the possibility of useing more Dragonflowers, but it also means that the BST increase is gonna hurt Gen1 units again alot unless you invest into them like crazy (especially ranged units)

Edelgard has become Hector it seems... meh

new mode: hope the rewards are at least good

CYL: lets wait and see their stats and skills

Asset change: thats the most exciting thing!

yep, just as i expected, i'm not interested in the slightest, and the fact that they chose their painfully obvious promoted classes with random Akaneia regalia makes it even worse for me

i'll just see who has the best skills for my +10 units and free summon him/her

on the other hand, Jorge is amazing, i couldn't care less about how he got in the game to begin with, i want to +10 him now

being ablw to change ivs is great, but at the cost of yet another game currency, as if we didn't already have enough

i completely skipped the part when Feh introduced the new game mode, couldn't care less, i want more new units

overall i'm ok with these announcements, now let's just try not to make CYL5 "Oops! All Three Houses" Part 2

Edited by Yexin

CYL 4 is here! My orbs are not!

Spoiler

Fehthis comes in and asks if we missed her, then we move on to CYL (I still find it weird they're a regular banner and not a paralogue this time). First is Lysithea in a Gremory outfit (Well she's not getting it again) and she's a red tome (Really? ABRAXAS WAS RIGHT THERE!) with Dark Spikes (OK I'll shut up now), next is King Claude (Spoilers!), using a Colourless bow (Also too obvious, Sword of Begalta would have been great), then it's Edelgard as an axe armour and her emperor garb (And is her VA off or is it just me? I hope she's alright) and finally is Dimitri with a lance to round out the too easy picks (The dagger, for instance. That could have been cool). Fehthis admits she's Sothis and we don't get their skills. We get one free and sparking as well. And the sparking stacks. 4 times (No picking 4 of the same). THAT IS WILD. Finally, the GHB is revealed it's Jorge. FUCKING BULSHIT, THEY GAVE THE BOTS THEIR FUCKING VICTORY, CYL4 CAN GET FUCKED ON ITS UNIT CHOICES. He's got a blue bow though, so part of me needs a strong non-summoned blue unit and I hate they're doing this to me.

JEEZ THESE WERE TOO OBVIOUS. DISAPPOINTED. EXCEPT FOR THE OUT OF NOWHERE BS THAT WAS THE BOT VICTORY. The summoning stuff is wild, but fucking hell the CYL unit choces themselves were bad.

Moving on, we get Frontline Phalanx, with a map that has a bunch of chibi heads fighting off red dots coming from Ashnard in the middle, where we help the armies getting attacked. It's a boring event by the sounds of it but it's a bit random too, though there's suddenly a clip from 3H and then we see the shield be used to ensure there's a success. She then proceeds to show us what happens when a lot of summoners use their shields and we then see Ashnard take a lot of damage (Meme clip?).

Then we move on to updates, with the dragonflowers being boosted by +5 for all but the new units coming (So I get to make Astram and Echidna +10. Neat). It's not a massive boost, but then we learn we get something new with changing Hero's traits (WAITWHAAAAAAAAAAT.), with all units being changable including forma. Now we get another currency in trait fruits, but that's a nice addition (You know what, I'm making the duo pirates my first choice then).Fethis goes to sleep and that's that.

TLDR: CYL4 actually pissed me off. Frontline Phalanx seems kinda meh and YO WE CAN CHANGE IVS.

Well, the CYL Heroes were...exactly what we all thought they'd be. I'm still looking forward to them and their artworks are fantastic, but it's still a let down to be honest, especially compared to past winners and their outfits. Glad they acknowledged the Lysithea vs Death Knight meme though! CYL-wise, Jorge is the only surprise here. Surely IS knows he was botted into his position? Still, a free colored archer - and one with a Prf weapon at that - is nice.

The new mode could be interesting, but I'll reserve judgment until it comes out. The Dragonflower update is lovely too. I suppose the CYL Heroes mark another BST jump and they wanted to combat that, but grinding for flowers is still going to be a pain. I wonder if future Heroes will grant more flowers in Heroic Ordeals...yeah, no. I don't think IS is that generous.

As for the Trait manipulation: YES! It's weird that I was wondering about this just a few days ago, but it's so awesome that this is finally a thing! Hopefully this means F2P units aren't immediately seen as lower-class because they can't get IVs...but of course I expect the Trait Fruit to be a pain to get...

Overall, a nice little FEH channel. I look forward to the full CYL breakdowns in the future, as well as the refines for the CYL2 winners. I'm surprised Feh didn't even give us a reminder about those. Oh and 4 free Summons! Of course, 160 Summons is a ridiculous amount and only worthwhile to whales or people with incredibly rotten luck, but it's an option, I suppose. Making the interval 20 summons after the initial 40 would have left a better taste in my mouth, but at this point I'm just nitpicking.

It's kinda crazy that these Heroes are just four days away, huh? I don't think we ever got a CYL Channel so close to their release before...

They should have all been beast units. Edelgard an eagle or goat, Dimitri a lion or boar, Claude a deer or ...snake? I can't remember if he has any other animal motif associated with him. And Lysithea can transform into a cake, I dunno.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

1 10 10 40 40
2 20 30 80 120
3 30 60 120 240
4 40 100 160 400
5 60 160 200 600
6 80 240 40 640
7 110 350 80 720
8 140 490 120 840
9 170 660 160 1000
10 200 860 200 1200
11 40 900    
12 80 980    
13 120 1100    
14 160 1260    
15 200 1460    

This makes the Dragonflower bump more stomachable, thanks! I was hoping they'd do this but figured there's no way they'd be so generous xD But hey, baby steps, right?

I wonder if they'll do anything to increase dragonflower rewards moving forward. Maybe Gen 5 units will get a new tier of Heroic Ordeals?

33 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(I still find it weird they're a regular banner and not a paralogue this time)

CYL banners have always been New Heroes banners associated with Paralogue chapters.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

CYL banners have always been New Heroes banners associated with Paralogue chapters.

I mean that they're going to be in Chapter 10 this time and not, say, Paralogue 50 as they would be every other year.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean that they're going to be in Chapter 10 this time and not, say, Paralogue 50 as they would be every other year.

Wait, they will? Where'd that get confirmed?

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Wait, they will? Where'd that get confirmed?

If you look at the event calendar, I was pretty sure in previous years they were still categorised as special heroes on the calendar. It says new heroes this year.

At least, that's what I thought it was. I guess I remembered wrongly, because on last year'ss it does say new heroes.

Same on 2018's too, so they've been consistent. Not for 2017 though, because back then they only issued calendars when they felt like it, which was once every few months.

28 minutes ago, Dayni said:

If you look at the event calendar, I was pretty sure in previous years they were still categorised as special heroes on the calendar. It says new heroes this year.

At least, that's what I thought it was. I guess I remembered wrongly, because on last year'ss it does say new heroes.

Yeah, it was always New Heroes. "Special Heroes" is only banners that don't add units to the regular pool, not just anything with a Paralogue.

Remember guys. All arguments explaining why GHB units don't have prfs are now terminally invalid.

If Jorge the flippin merchant can have one, there's no good reason for Haar, Cormag, Travant, etc. not to. There are reasons - all of them bad.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

DIdn't expect CYL to have a spark system at all.

With the free pick and (I suspect four tickets from forging bonds) it's possible to get everyone within 455 orbs.

I definitely will reach the amount of orbs to use two sparks, means three free 5*.

Edelgard and Dimitri won't be an exciting class for me unless Edelgard has no movement restriction.

Claude on the other hand has only Hinoka as competition, so I can already see most people will pick him. 

Mageknight Lysithea would be more creative since there aren't many (good) red mage cavaliers in this game.

Thinking about it more, I might end up sitting on my free choice for a while. Between future sparks and the recent snap, I could try to wait to get three and then pick the fourth. I'll already have Claude as the most important one, anyway.