Most desirable IVs for the Big 3, Formas, and Grail units

MilodicMellodi

20 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Just realized, but this list is missing Garon. Are there any others that are missing?

Garon has no super boons or super banes (among a couple others), so that’s probably why he was omitted. 

Edit: The other grail units with no super boons or super banes are Astram, Berkut, Brunnya, Darros, Legion, Linus, and Oliver. All of those characters are also not present on the chart that was posted.

Edited by Tybrosion

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Garon has no super boons or super banes (among a couple others), so that’s probably why he was omitted. 

Edit: The other grail units with no super boons or super banes are Astram, Berkut, Brunnya, Darros, Legion, Linus, and Oliver. All of those characters are also not present on the chart that was posted.

Then what about Halloween!Rolf that Venmi mentioned in the previous page?

11 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Then what about Halloween!Rolf that Venmi mentioned in the previous page?

I guess he was just legit forgotten because he has Res as a super boon and HP and Def for super banes.

Edit: Valentine's Silque was also forgotten. She gets Atk and Spd for super boons and Res for a super bane.

Edited by Tybrosion

So I want to talk a little about the Brave!Roy Forma. With the powerful skills he had available to him in the HoF he appeared in, what IVs would be best for him?

+Atk would seem like the popular choice, but +Spd and +Def make his weapon's Steady Impact more...well, impactful. And +Def is also a superboon.

While I could go off of what gamepress says, I'd like your guys' input instead. What should I pick?

4 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

So I want to talk a little about the Brave!Roy Forma. With the powerful skills he had available to him in the HoF he appeared in, what IVs would be best for him?

+Atk would seem like the popular choice, but +Spd and +Def make his weapon's Steady Impact more...well, impactful. And +Def is also a superboon.

While I could go off of what gamepress says, I'd like your guys' input instead. What should I pick?

I would not bother with super Assets unless the stat is super relevant to their role, and HP/Def/Res are usually stats that player phase units want to be low.

For BH!Roy, as a fasy player phase unit, and more importantly as a Galeforcer, Spd is the most crucial stat to him. If he is being used as a Galeforcer, you do not want his Atk to be too high or else you risky one shotting enemies and failing to activate Galeforce.

I'll probably do Brunnya first (+Spd?). B!Ike I'm considering switching to +Spd from +Res. 
I'll only do something with Aversa, W!Cecilia and Flame Emperor if the currency is not that hard to get.

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What would the most desirable boon for Heath be? He's proven to be a very efficient defensive unit, but he isn't a weakling in his attack stat, either. Should I just buff up his defense, or give him a little more attack?

My opinion on him might not be that popular, but I'd personally say that +Spd, +Res, or Neutral would work best.
+Spd because at +10+10, his base Spd is 42; +Res because with that boon, it's only 3 less than his Def and would therefore work well against adaptive damage (and, with the Iote's Shield seal, would defend better against Shining Bow+); Neutral because his stats honestly seem high yet balanced enough that he wouldn't suffer from it (at +10+10, his Neutral base stats are 47/42/39/40/33, all stats of which are easy to use when paired with strong skills).
I think +Atk would be...not wasted per se, but not as useful as the other boons are. Even if you gave him LnD4 or an Impact skill, +Spd would still be more valuable. The existence of Dive-Bomb makes +Spd incredibly valuable for most fliers now, I think.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

I think that giving Aversa +HP is a given, right? But what would she lose moving from neutral to +HP? Since neutral iirc distribute the 3 points of the boon in different stats. 

Also, I remember reading some time ago that Leon was the best F2P friendly infantry archer, but now that Jamke has access to assets, would a +Atk Jamke be better? 

30 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

I think that giving Aversa +HP is a given, right? But what would she lose moving from neutral to +HP? Since neutral iirc distribute the 3 points of the boon in different stats. 

The first merge for a neutral unit gives 1 point each in the 3 stats that are highest at level 1 (ties broken top to bottom on the stat screen), so for Aversa, that would be HP, Spd, and Atk (tied with Res, so tiebreaker is relevant).

So going for +HP would give you +2 HP and cost you -1 Atk and Spd.

30 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Also, I remember reading some time ago that Leon was the best F2P friendly infantry archer, but now that Jamke has access to assets, would a +Atk Jamke be better? 

Yes, Jamke is now the best F2P Brave Bow infantry as long as you don't mind parting with those Trait Fruits.

Gordin ends up with +1 effective attack over Jamke I think? Granted he loses out on 7 speed which is a fair chunk. All those grails and IVcados though...

For non-Brave Bow there's Norne being a big bag of stats, and Virion for debuffing.

EDIT: Oh, and I guess Jorge counts now since no colour was specified.

Edited by Humanoid

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The first merge for a neutral unit gives 1 point each in the 3 stats that are highest at level 1 (ties broken top to bottom on the stat screen), so for Aversa, that would be HP, Spd, and Atk (tied with Res, so tiebreaker is relevant).

So going for +HP would give you +2 HP and cost you -1 Atk and Spd.

Well, my Aversa is +10 (+9 Flowers) so I guess it shouldn’t be as dramatic to exchange 1 atk/spe for 2 HP (since it’s her most useful stat). That would put her at 60 HP with R Duel in the A slot and an HP/something seal 🤔

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes, Jamke is now the best F2P Brave Bow infantry as long as you don't mind parting with those Trait Fruits.

Nice. My only +10 merged bow user is Niles (just for favoritism), so considering merging Jamke could be an option. Thanks!