Fire Emblem Heroes - New Heroes (A New Future)

XRay

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The English trailer is out...be much easier to read and understand.

I...kinda feel like Dimitri is getting the short end of the stick, here. Despite being the 1st Place Male, he seems the most lackluster. I feel like his damage reduction should be the same as Edelgard's; once again, it seems like they're showing some heavy favoritism. Lysithea's weapon will be troublesome to deal with.

Poor Claude, it just shows how much he is the less popular lord. While the other two gets unique B skill, he sits with a Chill and a decent C skill (that might be inheritable?)

@Fire Emblem Fan I disagree, a blue lance infantry with a DC weapon and a unique B skill? Much better than a flier with no unique B skill and a decent C skill at best.

Edited by Nym

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The English trailer is out...be much easier to read and understand.

I thought I copied the English URL, but I the URL is a playlist URL, and I could not figure out how to get the video's individual URL.

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

Poor Claude, it just shows how much he is the less popular lord. While the other two gets unique B skill, he sits with a Chill and a decent C skill (that might be inheritable?)

@Fire Emblem Fan I disagree, a blue lance infantry with a DC weapon and a unique B skill? Much better than a flier with no unique B skill and a decent C skill at best.

Only 1st place winners get a PRF skill, as per tradition.

2 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Only 1st place winners get a PRF skill, as per tradition.

I'm aware of that, I'm just saying I doubt a DC weapon and a good unique B skill is worse than a guy with no unique B skill and a decent C skill.

Just now, Nym said:

I'm aware of that, I'm just saying I doubt a DC weapon and a good unique B skill is worse than a guy with no unique B skill and a decent C skill.

Oh! True, true 😛 

Dimitri is indeed not shafted at all

Eh. That's how I feel about this guys, but let's go about the why:

Brave Dimitri's Prf has DC+Better Missiletainn effect and Def Based Dmg reduction coupled with super QR. For fodder he brings Chaos Ragnell effect+Form and Joint Hone Atk. He'll be a strong EP unit but will get easily shut down by NFU effects so he'll be easy pickings for someone like L!Celica or Thrasir even when you factor the dmg reduction. Give him Hardy Bearing and he'll perform greatly. 

Brave Claude has access to 3CD Aethers if you give him Luna. His new skill is good as shown by the likes of Kiria so that's nice if one wants to fodder him. Not too outstanding unless you give him Desperation. 

Brave Lysithea...this hurts me because I like her a lot but she's the worst of the bunch. Like, she has a very easy to trigger Desperation in-built on her Prf that grants free stats if the foe is relatively healthy which is nice, but it's so much worse than the nuking OG!Lysithea offers. I'm sorry, she'll probably have a decent niche at taking care of Cav Lines or something in AR-O but I can't help the disappointment at how worse she is than regular Lysithea. 

Brave Edelgard gets shutdown by NFU like every armor that doesn't use Special Fighter and her Dmg reduction is pre-refine B!Ike tier. She'll need crazy mixed bulk to make good use of it because right now I'm seeing easy pickings for the likes of Reinhardt/Lysithea/Alm/L!Leif/etc. 

Oh boy, we're getting the Book IV-9 & 10 Chain Challenge a month earlier than I expected. I already know that I'll be bringing Brave Lysithea just for the damn Freyja spam map yet I'm still not expecting good things.

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Brave Dimitri's Prf has DC+Better Missiletainn effect and Def Based Dmg reduction coupled with super QR. For fodder he brings Chaos Ragnell effect+Form and Joint Hone Atk. He'll be a strong EP unit but will get easily shut down by NFU effects so he'll be easy pickings for someone like L!Celica or Thrasir even when you factor the dmg reduction. Give him Hardy Bearing and he'll perform greatly. 

Brave Claude has access to 3CD Aethers if you give him Luna. His new skill is good as shown by the likes of Kiria so that's nice if one wants to fodder him. Not too outstanding unless you give him Desperation. 

Brave Lysithea...this hurts me because I like her a lot but she's the worst of the bunch. Like, she has a very easy to trigger Desperation in-built on her Prf that grants free stats if the foe is relatively healthy which is nice, but it's so much worse than the nuking OG!Lysithea offers. I'm sorry, she'll probably have a decent niche at taking care of Cav Lines or something in AR-O but I can't help the disappointment at how worse she is than regular Lysithea. 

Brave Edelgard gets shutdown by NFU like every armor that doesn't use Special Fighter and her Dmg reduction is pre-refine B!Ike tier. She'll need crazy mixed bulk to make good use of it because right now I'm seeing easy pickings for the likes of Reinhardt/Lysithea/Alm/L!Leif/etc. 

I took the wording on Dark spikes to be a  brave effect, not desperation.

Following Lyn, Veronica, and Micaiah, who will be the popular free choice this time? Based on the skill sets I'm guessing either Claude or Edelgard, but it's harder to predict than past years. Probably not Lysithea, at least.

6 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Edelgard is green, Flower Hauteclere has an attack debuff, she has Distant Ward and Joint Drive Res. She'll probably be stacked in Atk, Def, and Res so I don't think Reinhardt is going to be much of a worry for her.

Just now, Ether said:

Brave effect is "unit attacks twice." This is desperation.

Lysithea's is definitely NOT the worst?! Easily very strong....

ANF!Dimitri seems decent. Not as broken as BH!Ike though.

Oof... ANF!Claude's Weapon sucks with anti synergy against Desperation and he cannot even use Dive-Bomb. Brave and Firesweep it is. He also wants Spd/Def Rein.

ANF!Lysithea is pretty good with an even better Sol Katti.

ANF!Edelgard does not have the shitty mobility issues that most armors have, so that is really good. Can be a decent Galeforcer.

She has super Sol Katti, giving her guaranteed follow-up attacks before foe can counter. She can also still do Blazing spam with Special Spiral-Heavy Blade.

I will do full pulls with the tickets and free summon circles and may try to do the first spark and get Cluade.  Dimitri will be my free pick though since he is the one out the 4 I will use the most.  I am also not looking forward to the CC, that Frayja map is a royal pain and I think I will wait for the f2p guide to do it because of that map.

5 minutes ago, Ether said:

For Brave effects it usually says "Unit attacks twice" while for Desperation effects it says "Unit makes follow up atk before foe counterattack". 

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

Edelgard is green, Flower Hauteclere has an attack debuff, she has Distant Ward and Joint Drive Res. She'll probably be stacked in Atk, Def, and Res so I don't think Reinhardt is going to be much of a worry for her.

I was thinking more of Swordhardt and maaybe Green Reinhardt (but mostly Swordhardt because access to Lulls) but yeah, she'll stomp on blue Rein. 

4 minutes ago, Mage Goddess Lysithea said:

Lysithea's is definitely NOT the worst?! Easily very strong....

She's strong yes, but she doesn't have enough to claim superiority over the likes of OG!Lysithea and F!Julia. This Lysithea gets super desp and +6 Atk/Spd while OG!Lysithea has no need for the desperation effect because she gets a gargantuan +10 Atk/Spd when her Special is ready (easy considering she has Slaying and Time's Pulse) which is one of the most deadliest things in this game. 

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

She has super Sol Katti, giving her guaranteed follow-up attacks before foe can counter. She can also still do Blazing spam with Special Spiral-Heavy Blade.

Hmm...ok that's a bit better, although I still think OG!Lysithea comes on top with how easy she can nuke stuff, and the Slaying effect on Hades Omega makes her a better user of the Special Spiral AoE spam build because it frees her S-slot for stuff like Death Blow and the like. 

Oh boy can't wait for Spd/Res Unity Fallen Ike, and I hope those Rein skills are Flier exclusive because L!Chrom and Kiria are looking even nastier. Not to mention the general Spd damage reduction skills that Infantry already have, so this will be a needed thing for flier tanks. I'll summon for all of them looking to make sure I free pick Edelgard if I can't summon her. Dimitri looks like the best F2P pick I feel. Edelgard wouldn't be bad if NFU wasn't a thing and those GHB/LHB/MHB units will definitely spam that stuff.

10 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I was thinking more of Swordhardt and maaybe Green Reinhardt (but mostly Swordhardt because access to Lulls) but yeah, she'll stomp on blue Rein.

Every hit after swordhardt's first hit is 80 damage reduced by black eagle rule.  She also reduces his attack and speed by 6 which is not a bonus to her so it gets around lull.

2 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Every hit after swordhardt's first hit is 80 damage reduced by black eagle rule.  She also reduces his attack and speed by 6 which is not a bonus to her so it gets around lull.

Her damage reduction is to follow-up attacks, so Swordhardt's first two hits will deal full damage.

2 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Nope, it is the 3rd and 4th hit that gets reduced (not like Swordhardt will ever get those with his pitiful Spd) so he'll hit her at full power every time. The reduction becomes -3 atk because B!Edelgard is getting hit with -3 Def from the Lull which isn't all that much so it'll depend on how bulky she is if she'll survive Swordhardt or not. 

Good all around. Will be a bit annoying to deal with, but oh well.

And we finally get a name for the Rein effect, though I still think they should have picked "Daunt".

The English weapon names, as usual, miss out on sounding cooler due to space issues.

In Japanese, the house leaders' weapons are

• 蒼月グラディウス (sougetsu Gladius), "Azure Moon Gradivus"
  • 翠風パルティア (suifū Parthia), "Jade Wind Parthia"
  • 紅花オートクレール (kōka Hauteclere), "Crimson Flower Hauteclere"

But at least the English names maintain their references to the game's Japanese title. For those who don't already know, Three Houses in Japanese is 風花雪月 (fūkasetsugetsu), "Wind-Flower-Snow-Moon", usually translated as "Four Seasons" as wind represents summer, flowers spring, snow winter, and moon autumn. (As I still haven't played the game yet, I don't know if the English version ever makes references to this in its script.)

So... in before we get Byleth with Silver Snow Mercurius next year.

Edited by Ice Dragon

...yep, we'll definitely begin getting DC weapon refines... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaany day now... maybe even after the CYL2 units get their refines!

~Dimitri looks pretty simple but still effective. Stay near his allies, never die. Well, to physical damage, no word on magical damage yet. His Personal skill looks good, having a completely unconditional Quick Riposte and damage reduction. I'll bet he's not gonna be that fast, but hopefully that just means he's gonna be super strong and bulky.

~Wind Parthia has Spectrum Blow and Sol built right into it. Fury 4 means he's gonna has very high stats in addition to the Spectrum Blow. Chill Spd/Def... probably just gonna be replaced with Desperation or Lull Spd/Def, let's not lie to ourselves. But Atk/Spd Rein... ooh boy, that's an inheritable skill. SO MANY UNITS will want that skill... wonder what the limitations on it will be, considering similar effects were on Infantry unit refines, but the skill is on a flier...

~Lysithea's OHKO nature is a little compromised in this case, but I still think she's got what it takes to usurp most other Red Mages... again... good thing is that high Spd and guaranteed follow-ups means she's technically immune to Null Follow-up. I do, however, wonder if Null follow-up will also cancel the Desperation effect of Dark Spikes...

~Edelgard has a lot of Res, doesn't she... and she just HAS top-tier movement abilities? Damn, Aymr wanted her to be alone, but now she doesn't even give a crap if she's alone or not.

Hm... hard to say who I'll be free-picking, especially considering the next update will come with Trait changing, so whoever I pick will be less than a month away from being even better if I wanted to go that route... probably Edelgard actually. I give her crap, but I do admit she's a good character with views I agree with, plus she just has far too much good going for her with that skillset.

Edited by Xenomata

44 minutes ago, Florete said:

Her damage reduction is to follow-up attacks, so Swordhardt's first two hits will deal full damage.

Sure but he is still dealing -12 (two minus 6 attacks)  just from base weapon effect.  Also I think his much bigger obstacle is probably going to be her base stats.

42 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Nope, it is the 3rd and 4th hit that gets reduced (not like Swordhardt will ever get those with his pitiful Spd) so he'll hit her at full power every time. The reduction becomes -3 atk because B!Edelgard is getting hit with -3 Def from the Lull which isn't all that much so it'll depend on how bulky she is if she'll survive Swordhardt or not. 

Considering she is probably close to Legendary Edelgard stat wise (considering emperor class is an improvement on Armored lord in Three houses) I can't say I am too worried about Swordhardt.  Swordhardt really all his stats needs stats to be relevant (He hasn't been showing up as much as even his base version) not just against edelgard so it kind of hurts to even have a little bit of stat reduction. 

Also I think her endkit is going to make this not much of a worry Joint drive res is a good skill but lets be honest if you actually are using her you given her kit is offensive its probably going to be something other than drive res. Not sure what it will be but she is probably going to be used kind of like her Legendary version two movement attacking offensive armor and those don't tend to run things like drive res.

Edited by vikingsfan92