Fire Emblem Heroes - New Heroes (A New Future)

XRay

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

probably just gonna be replaced with Desperation or Lull Spd/Def, let's not lie to ourselves.

Fliers can't use Lull skills.

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

But Atk/Spd Rein... ooh boy, that's an inheritable skill. SO MANY UNITS will want that skill... wonder what the limitations on it will be, considering similar effects were on Infantry unit refines, but the skill is on a flier...

Rein skills are basically just "reverse Drive" skills. I'd expect few, if any, inheritance restrictions, considering how many units already have this type of effect on a weapon or exclusive skill.

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

What's with the Archanea weapons? Are we expecting to get another Claud and Dimitri later with their proper relics?

We already got Legendary Edelgard, so we're definitely going to be getting Legendary Dimitri and Legendary Claude at some point.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Rein skills are basically just "reverse Drive" skills. I'd expect few, if any, inheritance restrictions, considering how many units already have this type of effect on a weapon or exclusive skill.

The icon looks like some kind of dragon or pegasus, which I think is why people are suspecting it will be flier-only.

14 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

~Wind Parthia has Spectrum Blow and Sol built right into it. Fury 4 means he's gonna has very high stats in addition to the Spectrum Blow. Chill Spd/Def... probably just gonna be replaced with Desperation or Lull Spd/Def, let's not lie to ourselves. But Atk/Spd Rein... ooh boy, that's an inheritable skill. SO MANY UNITS will want that skill... wonder what the limitations on it will be, considering similar effects were on Infantry unit refines, but the skill is on a flier...

Looking at the icon, I think it'll be flier only. 

... I almost feel like maybe Claude fans should've waited to get him to first place next year, it's kinda sad to see him with a chill skill while Dimitri and Edelgard gets these "House Rules" skills.

And speaking of skills ... does anyone else besides me get a headache just looking at the new dumb skills they're coming up with nowadays? There are times when I don't get what it's even saying even after reading it a few times.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fliers can't use Lull skills.

Ah right forgot that part. Then uh... probably just Desperation then. No reason not to if he has Fury 4.

And you say that, but bullshit inheritance restrictions on skill effects have been present before, see Special Spiral on Dark Mystletainn.

@Sunwoo They gotta get use out of that dictionary somehow 😛

Edited by Xenomata

Claude and Edelgard are the male and female winners on the banner for me almost entierly on the basis of they can do things no other unit can do. The healing shenanigans of Claudes bow are going to broken in a way unique to him and only him at some point for cheesing out some hard maps in ways no other unit can do.  Kind of like Hel in this regard but in a diffrent way than her. 

Edelgard is by far the most mobile armor we have ever seen even over her legendary version.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

... I almost feel like maybe Claude fans should've waited to get him to first place next year, it's kinda sad to see him with a chill skill while Dimitri and Edelgard gets these "House Rules" skills.

And speaking of skills ... does anyone else besides me get a headache just looking at the new dumb skills they're coming up with nowadays? There are times when I don't get what it's even saying even after reading it a few times.

I think that golden deer rule is going to be on Legend cluade.

Edited by vikingsfan92

18 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

~Wind Parthia has Spectrum Blow and Sol built right into it.

Unless it's a mistranslation, it's not Sol. He heals 50% of his maximum HP, not his damage, whenever his special activates (With a 1-charge Moonbow, it should be every round where he's doubling).

Chill Spd/Def... probably just gonna be replaced with Desperation or Lull Spd/Def, let's not lie to ourselves.

Why would he need Desperation if he's healing himself after every combat?

Edited by Baldrick

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

@Sunwoo They gotta get use out of that dictionary somehow 😛

It took me WAY too long to figure out what the fuck Dimitri's unity skill did, I couldn't figure out how the math added up until I remembered that it grants a flat atk/def+5.

EDIT: However, in all fairness, I'm really tired and probably should sleep 😛

Edited by Sunwoo

6 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Unless it's a mistranslation, it's not Sol. He heals 50% HP whenever his special activates (With a 1-charge Moonbow, it should be every round where he's doubling).

Why would he need Desperation if he's healing himself after every combat?

Ooooh I misread it, I thought it was literally just putting Sol into his special triggers, like Solar Brace.

Well then... Dive Bomb. Assuming one infliction of Fury 4 doesn't put him under 80% anyway, which a few boosts of HP should mitigate. But if it puts him at under 75%, then he'd rather take Desperation, since he'll always be under 75% hp regardless.

I REMEMBERED THE SKILL INHERITANCE RESTRICTIONS NEVERMIND

Edited by Xenomata

Just now, Xenomata said:

And you say that, but bullshit inheritance restrictions on skill effects have been present before, see Special Spiral on Dark Mystletainn.

Yes, we had 1 weapon with Special Spiral before Special Spiral was released.

We have... how many Rein variants now? Tharja's Hex was the first, and the most recent was Inevitable Death.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Well then... Dive Bomb. Assuming one infliction of Fury 4 doesn't put him under 80% anyway, which a few boosts of HP should mitigate.

Dive-Bomb is exclusive to melee fliers.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes, we had 1 weapon with Special Spiral before Special Spiral was released.

We have... how many Rein variants now? Tharja's Hex was the first, and the most recent was Inevitable Death.

Dive-Bomb is exclusive to melee fliers.

It's more than that now though. Null Follow-up is still being put on Flier weapons despite the skill being Infantry only. Blazing Durandal has Special Fighter on it despite that being an Armor skill, and now Steady Impact can't be used by Cavalry. I could keep going with bullshit SI limitations, but point is that there is nothing stopping IntSys from making Rein skills limited to certain move types despite the very extensive history of Rein effects. Also that name is stupid, I keep thinking we're talking about Reinhardt.

and yeah I remembered the moment I stepped away, stop responding to me faster than I can remember things about skills I don't have.

Edited by Xenomata

12 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

I think that golden deer rule is going to be on Legend cluade.

I hope so if he doesn't get Fallen Star as a skill instead.

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It took me WAY too long to figure out what the fuck Dimitri's unity skill did, I couldn't figure out how the math added up until I remembered that it grants a flat atk/def+5.

I feel like the description should just say it gives +14 attack at that part instead of +19. I can see that confusing a lot of people.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It's more than that now though. Null Follow-up is still being put on Flier weapons despite the skill being Infantry only. Blazing Durandal has Special Fighter on it despite that being an Armor skill, and now Steady Impact can't be used by Cavalry. I could keep going with bullshit SI limitations, but point is that there is nothing stopping IntSys from making Rein skills limited to certain move types despite the very extensive history of Rein effects. Also that name is stupid, I keep thinking we're talking about Reinhardt.

Those examples are all on weapons or refines that were created after their respective base skills were made, though, and effectively serve as a way to get a unit a skill effect that they can't normally have.

This is the reverse case where a large number of units already have the skill effect, and the base skill doesn't yet exist.

That said, the point about the skill icon and its name does now make me think it might be flier-exclusive or flier-and-cavalry-exclusive. Though I'll have to check the Japanese name.

24 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Considering she is probably close to Legendary Edelgard stat wise (considering emperor class is an improvement on Armored lord in Three houses) I can't say I am too worried about Swordhardt.  Swordhardt really all his stats needs stats to be relevant (He hasn't been showing up as much as even his base version) not just against edelgard so it kind of hurts to even have a little bit of stat reduction. 

Also I think her endkit is going to make this not much of a worry Joint drive res is a good skill but lets be honest if you actually are using her you given her kit is offensive its probably going to be something other than drive res. Not sure what it will be but she is probably going to be used kind of like her Legendary version two movement attacking offensive armor and those don't tend to run things like drive res.

Yeah, if her stat spread is basically L!Edelgard's Gen 5 edition she'll probably do fine against anything not called OG!Lysithea seriously she's ultra ridiculous, mine is -Atk and can one shot L!Chroms in AR-D with Dragon Fang and Kiria, to a lesser extent. But those are obvious counters so they don't weight much in terms of B!Edelgard's overall performance. The only other thing that could pose some trouble is if an inheritable version of Twin Blades comes into play later down the line, but even then B!Edelgard will have a good time in the spotlight. 

For final builds I think it's going to be full on tanking because B!Edelgard can't match the 2 Galeforce procs that her Legendary counterpart has access to which makes her Player Phase potential lower, if only by a little. She'll have to change Distant Ward for DC to cover all her bases and NFU is still troublesome but I think she'll do fine as an Ignis bomber wall or something around those lines.

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Rein skills should be inheritable by Reinhardts 😛

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That said, the point about the skill icon and its name does now make me think it might be flier-exclusive or flier-and-cavalry-exclusive. Though I'll have to check the Japanese name.

@Xenomata The skill's name in Japanese is 牽制 (kensei), "check", "restrain", or "rein in".

The icon looks maybe like a pegasus? I'm unsure if that's actually indicative of a movement-type restriction or if it's a visual metaphor for the skill's name, as it looks more like a pegasus being pulled back instead of the pegasus being the equipping unit.

EDIT: Skills with the same effect include Tharja's Hex (Tharja), Renowned Bow (Gordin), Mirage Rod (Kiria), Gurgurant (Fallen Ashnard), Exotic Fruit Juice (Summer Selena), and Inescapable Death (Hel). Thunderhead (Green Olwen) has half of the effect (player phase only).

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

I am seeing permanent wings of mercy on an Armorer, that has basicly "Bold Fighter"built  into the kit too... IS finally opened Pandoras Box dear lord...

It's Warp Powder / Flier Formation / Aerobatics (i.e. the receiving end of Ground Orders), not Wings of Mercy.

I’m fully behind Edelgard as my free pull. She’s just too strong looking to NOT do it. Though, I’m basically going to be pulling for everyone. Don’t have enough orbs to get a second free one by pulling 40 times, but whatever. If I get lucky, yay. If not, well... I’ll at least get one of them. 

Edelgard > Dimitri > Lysithea > Claude in terms of want right now. Sad that I’m so impulsive that I didn’t save orbs at all. 

Edelgard for me is the best choice. As long as she has more that 25% HP she gains the best movement an armor ever had, in combat debuffs on foe, follow ups and massive damage reduction to the second attack. Pair this with the monstrous bulk she most likely possess and she can even ruin your day in AR not only Arena definitely she will be my free picks (with my small budget, merging her properly is a dream). 

Lysethea is good but kind of boring for me at least. Won't bother with red at all. 

Now the males are where I am having trouble. They are both so good I am having trouble choosing. I love how Dimitri is unique and dumped his Spd for what must be an amazing bulk and his B slot makes him one of the most unique units in the game especially with all the bloat of fast infantries that use the Spd version of the skill. 

Claude is also really good and I like it. His weapon is absolutely crazy with the +5 to stats and the massive healing. Also the with the C slot he gains pretty much +5 Atk and +9 Spd/Def/Res. With a simple Moonbow or Glimmer he can destroy many things. If I get him I want to replace the A, B and SS slot with Close Counter, QR and Iotes shield respectively and make him a unique tank for the fun of it. Or simply with his base kit. It's just sad course that B seems like a placeholder for what could have been a Golden Deer Rule skill, that makes me wonder if perhaps Martha should have gotten his place so he could get Justice done to him, still he is incredibly versatility and interesting. 

As have already said I will go full green for as many Edelgards as I can get, I will skip Red and now I have a problem. I would like to get one of the males. Dimitri is different from all my fast infantries so he will bring a change to my barracks, while Claude is incredibly interesting and versatile. 

More translatey things:

The exclusive skills in Japanese are also have slightly more interesting names in Japanese:

• 蒼き獅子王 (aoki shishiō), "Azure Lion King"
  • 黒鷲の覇王 (kokushū? no haō), "Supreme Ruler of the Black Eagles"
    • No idea if it's supposed to be pronounced kokushū or something else. Japanese compound words are obnoxious, and I haven't actually heard the word spoken because I haven't played the game yet. (I'm sure someone has to say it at some point.)

Sometimes, I wish written English had more information density. Other times, I wish Japanese compound words didn't suck.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Only just caught up as I slept in. Good stuff, mostly.

- Lysithea does seem to be the least interesting, in that she does little that's unique to her. Nothing to do with raw power though. Still, I can't help but think I'd be just fine sticking with Tharja, who I'm sure I'll end up +10ing eventually.

- Dimitri looks strong. An enemy phase lance infantry is something that's somewhat lacking in my barracks. I've got Lancina as support and Duo Ephraim for offensive power, but I've dithered on Lukas for so long now, preferring to instead use Altena for similar purposes. That decision may be vindicated now.

- Edelgard I thought would have been the easy skip, but ended up being the biggest surprise - in a very good way. It feels like her move type is no longer a hindrance at all, leaving effective weapons as her only weakness. The only difficult part is whether I try to slot her into my default armour team, or just have her be a free agent to fit in mixed teams as a pseudo-infantry.

- Claude is saved by what we knew yesterday, his interesting class. Sure, he's got nothing particularly exclusive, but then he also competes against a tiny pool of units. Gen 5 Claude against my unmerged Hinoka, Takumi or Loki? Yeah it's no contest, especially as he's far more likely to get merges than any of them.

I lean towards the two first-placed units with my two free picks, but PM1 will probably be an influence too. I will have a bit of time to decide as I won't have the 135 orbs ready by Tuesday to spark, and I do intend to just do full rounds. With a bit of luck I'll pick up one of the big three through gacha, leaving me to free-pick the other two.

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's Warp Powder / Flier Formation / Aerobatics (i.e. the receiving end of Ground Orders), not Wings of Mercy.

omg thank god, i overread the 2 space part. Thats what i get for looking at a Trailer at 7 Am in the morning after a hot unsleepable night.

Dimitri looks fairly tame with what he got. He's not bad by any means so I'm still more than happy with him even if he seems far less decked out than Edelgard~

Claude also looks great with his pretty niche healing Parthia~

Lysithea's more or less the same as her OG version, which is far from bad but not the most surprising with what she's bringing to the table.

Edelgard seems to be the best one with all the stuff she's doing in her kit and she's pretty different from L!Edelgard which is probably the best thing for her fans~

as i'm not interested in any of these units, i'll just get one of them for free and fodder said unit to one of my +10 units

point is... i don't like these inheritable skills either

i mean Rein skills are nice but not amazing, Dimitri's Atk/Def Unity is cool but there's something that tells me "it's not as strong as it sounds like"

Lysithea's and Edelgard's inheritable skills are nothing new and i'm not interested in them

never thought it would've been difficult for me to choose my free fodder too