Fire Emblem Heroes - New Heroes (A New Future)

XRay

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Assuming there are no mistranslations, no and yes. One of Daniel-Made Bow's effects is a stronger Drive Atk: "Grants Atk+5 to allies within 2 spaces during combat." The equivalent would be Drive Atk 4 where Drive Atk 2 is the highest that grants an attack boost to allies only, Atk+3 to allies within 2 spaces, and Joint Drive Atk grants Atk+4 to the ally and unit running it.

The other effect is like Ashnard's Gurgurant, Gordin's unique refined Renowned Bow, unique refined Tharja's Hex, and Atk/Spd Rein where it inflicts an in-combat debuff to enemies within 2 spaces of the unit. For Daniel-Made Bow: "Inflicts Atk-5 on foes within 2 spaces during combat." In that case, it affects Jorge and allies who are fighting within the 2 range debuff. Since it inflicts Atk-5 on his foe, you could think of it as Jorge's attack being 5 points higher than what it is normally for an attack check. Similarly, his defenses can be considered 5 higher because his foe's attack was debuffed by 5. So, with Daniel-Made Bow equipped, Jorge has 50 Atk before any field buffs or debuffs. Suppose he is fighting a unit with 51 Atk and has Heavy Blade. Jorge's 50 Atk is < his foe's 51 Atk and his foe would get special cooldown charge +1 and if they have Heavy Blade 4, deal 5 damage per attack. But, Daniel-Made Bow inflicts Atk-5 on his foe during combat, so now it's Jorge's 50 Atk against his foe's 51-5 Atk and 50 Atk is not < his foe's 46 Atk. Or you could consider it as being Jorge's attack is now 50 (+5) Atk to his foe's 51 and 55 is not < his foe's 51 Atk. Similarly, since his foe's attack is 5 lower, Jorge's defenses can be considered 5 higher; he has 35 Def and 29 Res before field buffs and debuffs and during combat, they will be considered 40 Def and 34 Res.

This is how Panne can get away with running Heavy Blade despite her base neutral attack being 29 since Taguel Fang grants her Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 which she is either adjacent to a beast or dragon ally or not adjacent to anyone and when she's transformed and initiates, her beast cavalry transformation effect inflicts Atk/Def-4 on her foe and also prevents the foe from making a follow-up attack. The end result being that Panne's Atk can be considered 52; 29 base + 14 Mt Taguel Fang + 2 from being transformed + 3 when fulfilling her Spectrum Beast-Dragon Bond or Solo effect + 4 from beast cavalry effect when she initiates. It's gimmicky and not as effective as another beast cavalry or anyone else really with a higher base neutral attack, but it can work.

It's a weird way to think about it. I hope I did not confuse you or anyone else reading this.

A little confusing, but understandable. He doesn't get extra attack to deal damage, but by inflicting an Atk debuff he can trigger skills like Heavy Blade more easily.

Jorge can be a nice infantry rush unit, for a budget kit.

And the -5 on foes within 2 spaces have a name we can use now: Rein. So he basically has Drive Atk and Atk Rein in his bow.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

A little confusing, but understandable. He doesn't get extra attack to deal damage, but by inflicting an Atk debuff he can trigger skills like Heavy Blade more easily.

Jorge can be a nice infantry rush unit, for a budget kit.

And the -5 on foes within 2 spaces have a name we can use now: Rein. So he basically has Drive Atk and Atk Rein in his bow.

Yeah, @Fabulously Olivier, this is a much more succinct way to explain it. The Atk debuff will help him sway Heavy Blade or other attack check skills in his favor, either if he's running it or causing it to fail for his foe. It will also help his defenses.

Jorge is a free, +Res, -Atk version of legendary Chrom whose prf bow trades Atk+3, effective damage against armors, being able to neutralize penalties, inflicting Atk-5 instead of Atk-6, and being able to inflict Def-6 on his foes for a Killer effect and an easier, more supportive stat manipulation effect with his Atk+5 to allies within 2 spaces and Atk-5 to foes within 2 spaces during combat, and who does not have the unique To Change Fate! movement assist. Legendary Chrom is arguably the better unit, especially out of the box, but Jorge is better for support and bulkier, especially against magic damage and in general since he doesn't need to always face units at full health. The funny thing is that inheriting Close Counter and Lull Atk/Def 3 from legendary Chrom to Jorge would be pretty helpful to him.

Jorge's 45 HP, 36 Atk, 27 Spd, 35 Def, and 29 Res to legendary Chrom's 41 HP, 42 Atk, 26 Spd, 34 Def, and 25 Res. Jorge having a superasset in attack would be pretty nice.

Edited by Kaden

Stats about ANF!Edelgard.

Spoiler

I am a bit disappointed that they did not completely dump ANF!Edelgard's Spd.

For a neutral Trait unit, the lowest Spd a 5* unit can have at level 1 is 3 Spd. The lowest growth rate is 25%, which translates to 10 Spd for 5* units. That means that the lowest Spd a 5* neutral Trait unit can have is 13 Spd.

If she had 3 less Spd, she could have had about 3 more Atk or 3 more Res.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

Stats about ANF!Edelgard.

Reveal hidden contents

I am a bit disappointed that they did not completely dump ANF!Edelgard's Spd.

For a neutral Trait unit, the lowest Spd a 5* unit can have at level 1 is 3 Spd. The lowest growth rate is 25%, which translates to 10 Spd for 5* units. That means that the lowest Spd a 5* neutral Trait unit can have is 13 Spd.

If she had 3 less Spd, she could have had about 3 more Atk or 3 more Res.

Gotta get people to get and use Trait Fruits somehow if not summon hard for a -Spd CYL Edelgard.

Edited by Kaden

24 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Gotta get people to get and use Trait Fruits somehow if not summon hard for a -Spd CYL Edelgard.

Trait Fruits do not change a unit's neutral stat distribution though. If ANF!Edelgard was fully min-maxed by the developers, she could reach 10 Spd.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

Trait Fruits do not change a unit's neutral stat distribution though. If ANF!Edelgard was fully min-maxed by the developers, she could reach 10 Spd.

I know, but it forces people to try and get an asset they want and initially, have a flaw be a dump stat they want.

I'm not sure if the developers have set an arbitrary lowest number for a stat, but it seems like 30 HP (Elise), 21 Atk (Azama), 16 Spd (Arden, CYL Edelgard, summer Laevatein, Zephiel), 13 Def (Delthea, Lucius), and 13 Res (Bartre, Ogma, Virion) is the lowest they will go. Except for speed, no other recent, post-gen 1 units have had their stat being that low.

On a similar subject with min-maxing, CYL Lysithea's 40/39 offenses are so close from being a beautiful 40/40 and we are slowly getting closer to a unit being able to have a 40/40/40/40/40 stat spread with 200 BST, so probably an armor or trainee armor in a few years. They're also cowards! A future gen 5 melee infantry with 13 Def and 13 Res has 150 stat points to play around with. That can give them 50 HP, 50 Atk, and 50 Spd where that kind of HP might be needed for surviving anything with 13/13 defenses, but dropping down to 45 wouldn't hurt for 45 HP, 52 Atk, 52 Spd, 13 Def, and 13 Res. We have not seen a kind of unit like that since Legion, Lon'qu who is a launch unit, and Karla who is the most recent unit, a gen 2 melee infantry, with dumped defenses for offenses. Regular and CYL Lysithea's defenses are a bit too high. I want to see a extreme unit like this. Why? Because it would be fucking hilarious! Give me the glassiest of glass cannons! Fuck defenses when you can have +100 base total offenses. Melee, ranged, infantry, flier, cavalry, whatever. Just stupidly high offenses with stupidly low defenses.

Edited by Kaden

22 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I know, but it forces people to try and get an asset they want and initially, have a flaw be a dump stat they want.

I'm not sure if the developers have set an arbitrary lowest number for a stat, but it seems like 30 HP (Elise), 21 Atk (Azama), 16 Spd (Arden, CYL Edelgard, summer Laevatein, Zephiel), 13 Def (Delthea, Lucius), and 13 Res (Bartre, Ogma, Virion) is the lowest they will go. Except for speed, no other recent, post-gen 1 units have had their stat being that low.

On a similar subject with min-maxing, CYL Lysithea's 40/39 offenses are so close from being a beautiful 40/40 and we are slowly getting closer to a unit being able to have a 40/40/40/40/40 stat spread with 200 BST, so probably an armor or trainee armor in a few years. They're also cowards! A future gen 5 melee infantry with 13 Def and 13 Res has 150 stat points to play around with. That can give them 50 HP, 50 Atk, and 50 Spd where that kind of HP might be needed for surviving anything with 13/13 defenses, but dropping down to 45 wouldn't hurt for 45 HP, 52 Atk, 52 Spd, 13 Def, and 13 Res. We have not seen a kind of unit like that since Legion, Lon'qu who is a launch unit, and Karla who is the most recent unit, a gen 2 melee infantry, with dumped defenses for offenses. Regular and CYL Lysithea's defenses are a bit too high. I want to see a extreme unit like this. Why? Because it would be fucking hilarious! Give me the glassiest of glass cannons! Fuck defenses when you can have +100 base total offenses. Melee, ranged, infantry, flier, cavalry, whatever. Just stupidly high offenses with stupidly low defenses.

I want a unit with 13 HP/Def/Res. With +10+20 and two Mythics, that is 31 HP. Stepping on a Level 1 Bolt Trap would land the unit in Desperation range, and if the unit has Fury, one round of combat would land the unit into Wings of Mercy range.

About their statlines.

Spoiler

Dimitri's statline is exactly what I expected it to be, 41 HP, 40 Atk, I said 30 Spd but I mentioned that he could be faster as the bow didn't double him and these bows are really fast, he has 36 Spd which is what ruins his statline for me as it's too little to allow him to naturally double in AR (where I want to use him) and act as some sort of Nul Follow up/anti impact together with the B slot (against fast foes like Eliwood that I mainly wanted him to counter) and also harms his Res, 40 Def and 19 Res. Didn't expect Res to be this bad. I am now thinking about whether he is worth pulling at all as in AR having 19 Res is a big no unless seriously invested especially when I was considering for having him in Astra to tank among other threats Thrasirs. I am thinking of something like Def/Res Unity for A slot when that comes or Brazing stance 3 (both expensive choices I am won't even get unless a future banner with them has spark) with Spd/Res solo for SS for a total of 30 to 31 Res, add the damage reduction and any dark shrine debuffs he might have drawn because of his good defence and the magical bulk could go up a bit. Perhaps he could go to light season to get all the extra stats and have F.Ike is Astra, I am thinking. Definitely a bit weirded out about that, however I will try to pull a copy (or 2)  to build him in the future. 

Edelgard's statline is nearly perfect for me. I started using legendary one for Player phase quite a lot now so her as a good EP tank will be something I could use. Atk and Def are spectacular, standing at these crazy values, there is no need to tank about them. Spd is as low as it gets and I love that as she gets consistency and it's not a toss about whether foe doubles or not and with the damage reduction she doesn't even care. Res is good and it's the stat that needs the asset for me, especially if she has a +4 superboon it will be ideal. Awesome stats, crazy mobility, follow ups, in combat debuffs and damage reduction that means getting doubled does not do so much harm. Will get this lady to +10 one day. 

What I'll do is pull actively on green with blue as backup. Claude requires way too much investment to work for me and Lysethia doesn't add much to my barracks, especially since her job can be completed from the summer duo. 

Sweet, I actually underestimated the number of orbs I still had to claim from TTs and various quests so I'll actually just squeak past 135 today, no waiting required (besides doing the new chapter Lunatic quests) before I spark. Still committed to doing full rounds the whole way through, even if I pull one of the focus unit early.

I totally forgot about the free pick if you do full pulls! For some reason I was thinking I barely had 100 orbs, but I actually have 170, so this is perfect! I can just go through and see who I get and then probably pick Edelgard or Dimitri depending on who doesn't show up, since I *think* I've decided on Claude as my free pick.

Dimitri's stats

Spoiler

Totally called the low res. Lance lords hate res, it seems. (Dimitri and Ephraim.) He looks good, though!

I was going to free pull him anyway, but I'll definitely get him now. A cold kingdom full of knights exemplifying chivalry and their color is also blue? It's what drew me to that route in the first place, and then I got to know my precious Blue Lions and my heart is locked. XD Other houses have great characters too, of course, but all of this just appeals to me, myself.

well, as i expected, Jorge's bow isn't anything crazy, but it's fine nonetheless

what confuses me is that this bow has that -1 special cooldown, which is a thing attackers, not supporters, want: i really don't know why they didn't want to give it something more suitable, considering Jorge's stats and role, like "def+3" or "res+3"

anyway, i'm 100% +10-ing him

Edited by Yexin

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

well, as i expected, Jorge's bow isn't anything crazy, but it's fine nonetheless

what confuses me is that this bow has that -1 special cooldown, which is a thing attackers, not supporters, want: i really don't know why they didn't want to give it something more suitable, considering Jorge's stats and role, like "def+3" or "res+3"

anyway, i'm 100% +10-ing him

His weapon isn't just supportive. By reducing the Atk of nearby enemies, he's effectively giving himself Def/Res +5.

21 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Lucky! I got zero 5*s while going for the spark. 🙃

I got 0 4* with my tickets. And 0 5*'s  =p

Luckily all these units don't seem that interesting and I am still thinking about what fodder to free pull.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

His weapon isn't just supportive. By reducing the Atk of nearby enemies, he's effectively giving himself Def/Res +5.

i mean you're right, but personally i still think "res +3" would've been better than "-1 Special CD", he simply doesn't look like a unit whose purpose is to spam Specials like Pirate Tibarn or Karla, nor he can make use of Fighter skills since he's no armored unit

the only practical way i can see this Slaying effect being useful is with Quick Riposte in his B slot, Heavy Blade as Sacred Seal and a 3 CD Special like Sol or Bonfire (4 CD if you're sure your Jorge is going to take 2 attacks), in this case Daniel-made Bow's "Atk Rein" effect would help Jorge with Heavy Blade; this said, it's a very simple build, but it's just as easily counterable, any NFU unit can break it, and i honestly would build Jorge so that he can get the most out of his defenses: that's why imo "res +3" would've been better

Edited by Yexin

Picked Edelgard as my freebie then went through two full cycles and also got Dimitri and Lysithea as free pulls. Only one I wasnt able to get is Claude, and I'm now out of orbs, so hopefully I'll be able to summon him before the banner is done. Happy with the other three! 

I miss Legendary Edelgard's insane movement though, thinking of giving this one Galeforce.

So I couldn't help but notice that on the solo maps in the story, the generic units actually represent some of their classmates. Probably a little obvious (especially in Edelgard's case), but it's a nice little detail nonetheless.

Path of Faerghus (Dimitri)

• Axe Armor (Dedue)
  • Cleric (Mercedes)
  • Sword Cavalier (Ingrid)
  • Bow Flier (Ashe) Put Ashe in already, pls.

Path of Almyra/Having Grown (Claude & Lysithea)

• Bow Infantry (Ignatz)
  • Lance Flier (Marianne)
  • Blue Tome Infantry (Lysithea)
  • Axe Fliers (Claude/Hilda)
  • Lance Cavalier (Leonie)
  • Red Mage Cavalier (Lorenz)
  • Axe Infantry (Raphael)

Path of Adrestia (Edelgard)

• Red Mage (Dorothea/Hubert/Linhardt)
  • Lance Armor (Ferdinand von Aegir)
  • Sword Flier (Petra)
  • Bow Cavalier (Bernadetta)
Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

2 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

So I couldn't help but notice that on the solo maps in the story, the generic units actually represent some of their classmates. Probably a little obvious (especially in Edelgard's case), but it's a nice little detail nonetheless.

Path of Faerghus (Dimitri)

• Axe Armor (Dedue)
  • Cleric (Mercedes)
  • Sword Cavalier (Ingrid)
  • Bow Flier (Ashe)

Path of Almyra/Having Grown (Claude & Lysithea)

• Bow Infantry (Ignatz)
  • Lance Flier (Marianne)
  • Blue Tome Infantry (Lysithea)
  • Axe Fliers (Claude/Hilda)
  • Lance Cavalier (Leonie)
  • Red Mage Cavalier (Lorenz)
  • Axe Infantry (Raphael)

Path of Adrestia (Edelgard)

• Red Mage (Dorothea/Hubert/Linhardt)
  • Lance Armor (Ferdinand von Aegir)
  • Sword Flier (Petra)
  • Bow Cavalier (Bernadetta)

Those are some major stretches all around given that a lot of those class paths don't match up at all.

Ingrid's canon class is pegasus

Ashe's canon class is infantry archer

Marianne's canon class is cleric

Lysithea is canonically a red tome

Ferdinand's canon class is cavalry lance

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

i mean you're right, but personally i still think "res +3" would've been better than "-1 Special CD", he simply doesn't look like a unit whose purpose is to spam Specials like Pirate Tibarn or Karla, nor he can make use of Fighter skills since he's no armored unit

the only practical way i can see this Slaying effect being useful is with Quick Riposte in his B slot, Heavy Blade as Sacred Seal and a 3 CD Special like Sol or Bonfire (4 CD if you're sure your Jorge is going to take 2 attacks), in this case Daniel-made Bow's "Atk Rein" effect would help Jorge with Heavy Blade; this said, it's a very simple build, but it's just as easily counterable, any NFU unit can break it, and i honestly would build Jorge so that he can get the most out of his defenses: that's why imo "res +3" would've been better

Running a Slaying weapon with Quick Riposte and a 3- or 4-cooldown Special skill was literally the cookie-cutter enemy-phase build from launch, so I'm not sure why you're treating it as some one-off niche build.

Alternatively, he can run a knock-off Ophelia build with Infantry Pulse support, though his HP is kind of high, so it might be a bit awkward getting the right support for him. However, his Atk is only 2 lower than Ophelia's (both with an Atk Asset), so he'll function rather well as long as you can get his Special charged initially.