Fire Emblem Heroes - New Heroes (A New Future)

XRay

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Those are some major stretches all around given that a lot of those class paths don't match up at all.

Ingrid's canon class is pegasus

Ashe's canon class is infantry archer

Marianne's canon class is cleric

Lysithea is canonically a red tome

Ferdinand's canon class is cavalry lance

I wouldn't quite go that far to say "at all". If you broaden the scope a little, you'll find that they fit quite nicely. That's part of the beauty of Three Houses and Heroes. Plus, a little of it I assume to mix things up a little on the map.

Ingrid has strengths in swords and riding

Ashe has strength in bows and axes in addition to a budding talent for lances. The latter two of which can help him ease into a flier role.

Marianne has a strength in riding and a budding talent in lances, which coincide with two of the requirements to be a Holy Knight. Plus they have a Solo skill and Reciprocal Aid, so I'm pretty sure it's her.

I will confess, I winged it for the blue mage infantry and just applied process of elimination.

Ferdinand has a strength in lances and heavy Armor, both of which help hime excel at becoming a Great Knight.

Also...

Spoiler

Freyr. No!

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, so tallying up the orb predictions on the sub-reddit, I can only come up with 144 by the time this banner ends, being 134 plus my current 10. That's lower than a typical three-week period might suggest but given that the fourth week holds a TT, that makes sense I guess. Looks like the second spark is off the menu, as even if I harvested some extra rainy-day orbs from permanent content, there's a real risk I'd be left hanging with a big pity rate and have to farm even more. That's just a no-go after already having to do a bit of that for the Hero Fest earlier this month. That means I'm out of this banner and can go back to normal spending patterns such as doing a full round on the legendary.

That does lead me to wonder whether the CYL banner will be eligible to be voted in for a re-run. I don't see why not, but I'm not necessarily confident either. I presume it'd be a walkover winner though, and the prospect of another 135 orb CYL spark later this year will be appealing. A big downside is that it might compromise my ability to get a merge for Trio Palla when she's re-run, but I like guarantees versus braving the Gacha gauntlet, so in such a scenario I'm reasonably sure I'd go for the spark.

Meanwhile, all this means I have to just make a decision on Edelgard vs Dimitri purely based on the units I have now. I'm going to sleep on it at the very least, but I'm currently leaning Dimitri, mostly because of the Distant Counter vs Distant Foil thing, plus the PM1 thing as a secondary factor. Yes, I have spare DC fodder to give Edelgard - indeed I have three - but spending nothing instead for a similar level of power is more appealing. 😛

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Hmm, so tallying up the orb predictions on the sub-reddit, I can only come up with 144 by the time this banner ends, being 134 plus my current 10. That's lower than a typical three-week period might suggest but given that the fourth week holds a TT, that makes sense I guess. Looks like the second spark is off the menu, as even if I harvested some extra rainy-day orbs from permanent content, there's a real risk I'd be left hanging with a big pity rate and have to farm even more. That's just a no-go after already having to do a bit of that for the Hero Fest earlier this month. That means I'm out of this banner and can go back to normal spending patterns such as doing a full round on the legendary.

That does lead me to wonder whether the CYL banner will be eligible to be voted in for a re-run. I don't see why not, but I'm not necessarily confident either. I presume it'd be a walkover winner though, and the prospect of another 135 orb CYL spark later this year will be appealing. A big downside is that it might compromise my ability to get a merge for Trio Palla when she's re-run, but I like guarantees versus braving the Gacha gauntlet, so in such a scenario I'm reasonably sure I'd go for the spark.

Meanwhile, all this means I have to just make a decision on Edelgard vs Dimitri purely based on the units I have now. I'm going to sleep on it at the very least, but I'm currently leaning Dimitri, mostly because of the Distant Counter vs Distant Foil thing, plus the PM1 thing as a secondary factor. Yes, I have spare DC fodder to give Edelgard - indeed I have three - but spending nothing instead for a similar level of power is more appealing. 😛

I think all banners with a Forging Bonds will go on the poll. They didn't make an exception for Peony and More, just for the FE6 banner so far. Seems like the pattern is, every two months they take the 2nd and 3rd place finishers from the last poll, then add the two Forging Bonds banners from the next two months. 

Got +Spd/-HP Claude through one of the free tickets -- it seems like the game doesn't want me to fodder him at all (a Galeforce flier that relies on Heavy Blade checks like Cordelia would love Atk/Spd Rein).

I was tempted to spark for another Claude but then remembered that Caeda uses Flashing Blade so she may favor Spd/Def Rein once it exists and that my Summer Lyn already has Sturdy Impact and Ground Orders so she doesn't really need Atk/Spd Rein. And Florina would rather prefer Atk/Def Rein.

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Got +Spd/-HP Claude through one of the free tickets -- it seems like the game doesn't want me to fodder him at all (a Galeforce flier that relies on Heavy Blade checks like Cordelia would love Atk/Spd Rein).

I was tempted to spark for another Claude but then remembered that Caeda uses Flashing Blade so she may favor Spd/Def Rein once it exists and that my Summer Lyn already has Sturdy Impact and Ground Orders so she doesn't really need Atk/Spd Rein. And Florina would rather prefer Atk/Def Rein.

well another possibility is Brave Camilla. I mean a +10 +SPD Camilla is sitting on 44 SPD then you add 3Atk and 3 Spd from her weapon, 7 Spd and Atk from Push and 4 Spd from atk/spd rein for a whoping 10 Atk and 14 spd. yeah 58 Spd. Although I think i should rather wait for res/spd Rein, if that ever happens.

Another candidate i can see is Myrrh as a supertank, although i would rather see there Atk/Res or Atk/Def Rein, because Spd Doesnt help her much.

FGrimma can also make good use of Atk/Spd Rein. Especially with her Dragonskin A-Skill

But I think my pick will be my Heavyblade 4, Dive Bomb +10 Resplendant Cordelia

I'm not sure if anyone said this yet (because I don't want to look through 12 pages when it's ≈110°F outside), but I've found that Edelgard works VERY well with DC and Sacred Cowl. Her Atk and defenses are amazing, and her prf skills make it easy to use (FH's killer effect and BER's guaranteed follow-up to help with charging it, and BER's damage reduction during enemy phase can either stack or be used alongside it). I'm sure Escutcheon or even Pavise will do even better, since she'll have access to different A skills.

I doubt anyone would say it'll be competitively viable in high AR tiers, but...it's nice. We finally have a unit that can use the shield specials well (other than Fjorm, who can only really use Ice Mirror somewhat well).

Edited by MilodicMellodi

I chose Claude as my free pick, and got Edelgard by luck. I spent 120+ orbs trying to get Lysithea, but I wasn't lucky enough. But I'm currently at 39/40 for another free pick, so I'm excited! I'm just trying to get a few more orbs so that I can get her. When the trait changing thing comes out, I'll definitely wanna play around with that for Claude and Lysithea.

I didn't get any 5 stars with the tickets once I got them either, but I also don't care, because I already got what I wanted when I picked Claude for free and got Dimitri in the only four orbs I spent on the banner. lol

Well I did the 40 pulls and was lucky and got Lysithea and Dimitri (both -hp,+res so usable until I get fruit for them) then took Claude and Edelgard as my two free picks.  Very happy the banner was kind and this is the first time I managed to get all 4 brave heroes on their debut banner.  

11 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

We finally have a unit that can use the shield specials well (other than Fjorm, who can only really use Ice Mirror somewhat well).

It's very niche in that it only works against when they are fighting units who are adjacent to them (Escutcheon/Pavise) or who are two spaces from them (Sacred Cowl/Aegis), gimmicky with the required skills, and requires them to have Shield Pulse which only Fjorm and Saber have by default, but F!Corrin, Karla, Linus, Lon'qu, Raven, and Saber can use defensive specials well. Also, CYL Ike, but that was before unique refined Urvan and unique Geirskogul existed because who needs a defensive special when unique refined Urvan guarantees 40% damage reduction on the first hit, 80% on consecutive hits which is forced on the foe when they initiate, and with either his default Steady Breath or with a Breath support, allows CYL Ike to have a charged Aether for sustain and damage?

There was a build floating around for F!Corrin with Sacred Cowl, Distant Counter, and Shield Pulse. The idea I think was to use Dark Breath's effects to debuff her foes in general where in addition to the lowered attack and speed from being debuffed, Sacred Cowl and Shield Pulse would further reduce damage from ranged units which helps to cover for her 21 base resistance. It would be stronger with Gloom Breath and Time's Pulse allowing her to have Sacred Cowl be a 1 cooldown special or have Aegis charged on turn 1. This build is the one I know the least about.

Here's a video on it I guess: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYebRkw_BP4.

The idea for Karla, Linus, Lon'qu, and Raven is or probably was nowadays that their offenses are so high that they don't really need an offensive special and that they can leverage how much damage is reduced with a defensive special and Shield Pulse to make them deceptively bulky despite having defenses around the lower 20s or 10s. Specifically, Pavise for fighting against melee units, but I think it should work against ranged units with Close Counter since the defense specials factor in how far away a foe is and not their weapon range. All four have cooldown count-1 on their weapons, so they can have Pavise be a 2 cooldown instead of a 3 cooldown and with Shield Pulse, it is charged on turn 1. The build was back in the day, Pavise, L&D3, Shield Pulse 3, and Flashing/Heavy Blade 3 as their seal. Pavise and Shield Pulse 3 result in reducing 50% + 5 damage they take and as Shield Pulse 3 doesn't have a Special Spiral effect where throughout the battle it can grant special cooldown count-2 at some point, they need Flashing/Heavy Blade to charge their special during combat. With L&D4 and Time's Pulse having been introduced since then, they can have an extra Atk/Spd+2 if you're willing to give them L&D4 over other units and Time's Pulse would lower Pavise to a 1 cooldown special, so they would not need to run Flashing/Heavy Blade against most units.

The two main issues other than Shield Pulse being very limited as it's on Fjorm, a legendary unit, and Saber who is no longer in the regular summoning pool for new heroes banners would be that they are not running an offensive special and that they get shut down by foes with a Guard effect of some kind or are able to hit them at some point when Pavise is not charged such as a Brave weapon or denying their follow-up attack on which they would have charged Pavise. Also, there is slight advantage compared to running a speed check damage reduction skill in that against Altina, since Pavise is a special, Twin Blades would not be able to disable the damage reduction of Pavise, but we're talking about a unit with a prf Brave weapon that works on both phases and two of the four units are green. That said, it looks like a fun build. Other units can run this build as well, but it's hilarious seeing a unit with low defenses be able to lower damage like this as if they had average defenses.

Here's a video on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egdKAWHgjeo.

Lastly, the unique refinement of Golden Dagger: "At start of combat, if Special is ready, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 during combat and unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range", meshes well his default kit as on turn 1, Shield Pulse 3 would drop Aegis's 2 cooldown as a result of Golden Dagger's cooldown count-1, so it will be charged and the unique refinement's conditions fulfilled. As the unique refinement grants him Distant Counter when his special is charged, Aegis and Shield Pulse 3 would help in lowering the damage he takes against ranged units on enemy phase. He can also run Darting or Fierce Breath to help charge his special or a tier 4 stance for Guard with unique refined Golden Dagger's conditional Distant Counter. If he is fighting melee units more, he can swap Aegis for Pavise which I think would still work against ranged units with Close Counter when he initiates. So, Saber's default works fine, but a heavier investment with Special Spiral or Wrath and Time's Pulse should be stronger at least in having higher damage output or sustain if he's running Sol.

Shield Pulse is niche skill, but it can be used for what I think are fun and interesting builds. I keep hoping that the next demote has it or that it becomes a seal because I really want to run a L&D, Shield Pulse build because of how wacky it is.