Fire Emblem Heroes - New Heroes (A New Future)

XRay

5 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

In the end I think I am still picking Lysithea as my free pick (and looking at everyone else's pick will probably be the only one to do so).

Nah, make it two because she'll be my free pick too (unless if I actually summon her first). I just want a Lysithea because her original version has evaded me up to this point.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Rein skills looks like a good C-Skill but looks like only fliers are going to be able to use them. Unity skills looks like they are going to be tier 4 versions of the bonds skills. Looks like they are only good if you have Distant Counter in your weapon and are on maps where you get debuffed.

There already are Tier 4 Bond skills, these seem to be a variant. Like how there's the Hone 4 skills, but also the Joint Hone skills.

So I guess that makes Claude the "Eliwood" of the trio?

I guess that's fine with me, since I liked Claude and Eliwood the best of their respective trios 😛

2 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Eliwood didn't have any personal skill related to his origin as Lyn and Hector had with Sacae's Blessing and Ostian Counter (don't remember if L!Eliwood has any, but if so, that's because L!Lyn and L!Hector also have their skills). Since B!Eliwood didn't get one even as the last of the three to come out, there's no reason for Claude to have a special treatment.

Legendary Eliwood had Vision of Arcadia, which is very much not his origin.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Legendary Eliwood had Vision of Arcadia, which is very much not his origin.

Pretty sure they meant Brave Lyn and Hector, who have Sacaean Blessing and Ostian Counter.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Pretty sure they meant Brave Lyn and Hector, who have Sacaean Blessing and Ostian Counter.

I know, but even Legendary Lyn/Hector had Personal skills referencing their origins (Laws of Sacae and Ostian Pulse), so it fits.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

I know, but even Legendary Lyn/Hector had Personal skills referencing their origins (Laws of Sacae and Ostian Pulse), so it fits.

I think they were referring to Brave Eliwood not getting a "Lycian Something" skill.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I think they were referring to Brave Eliwood not getting a "Lycian Something" skill.

Yeah, and why would he? He placed Second, Alm placed first and got Scendscale. They were saying that if they didn't give Eliwood a personal skill when he placed second, why should Claude get one when he's in the same situation?

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, make it two because she'll be my free pick too (unless if I actually summon her first). I just want a Lysithea because her original version has evaded me up to this point.

Ah, so I'm not the only who never got the original Lysithea. At least her brave art looks better than what her academy self got since I never really was a fan of it.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

There already are Tier 4 Bond skills, these seem to be a variant. Like how there's the Hone 4 skills, but also the Joint Hone skills.

Makes sense for Unity to be a variant of Bond skills. I forgot Bond skills had tier 4 skills already since I never summoned a unit with one.

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

Ah, so I'm not the only who never got the original Lysithea. At least her brave art looks better than what her academy self got since I never really was a fan of it.

Makes sense for Unity to be a variant of Bond skills. I forgot Bond skills had tier 4 skills already since I never summoned a unit with one.

Yeah, there aren't a ton of units with Tier 4 Bonds. Just Brave Micaiah with Atk/Res and FE2 Catria with Atk/Spd. Which means I guess I don't have any, either.

And agreed about Lysithea's art. I got her original from a lucky off-focus pull, but it always struck me as weirdly... is "moe" the right term? Her brave art is great though, I love all the brave arts except Edelgard's.

14 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I certainly tried pulling Lysithea back on her original banner but was only able to get Annette (who I did want as well) out of the three girls. I really could've used the spark on that banner (which was the last New Heroes banner before the spark system was implemented).

Yeah, I've never been a fan of that artist (Enkyo Yuichiro) either even with having one of their characters (Soleil) as a +10.

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

it always struck me as weirdly... is "moe" the right term?

I personally would've gone with "she looks eight," but moe is the term. And agreed. It was certainly not the finest, but her new art is awesome and gremory has a great outfit in general.

Of the four, I think Edelgard has my least favorite. It looks great, but I'm just not overly fond of the outfit. Both her and Dimitri, I prefer their tier 2 outfits. Speaking of Dimitri, as someone mentioned, Fallen Dimitri would be pretty cool.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Yeah, there aren't a ton of units with Tier 4 Bonds. Just Brave Micaiah with Atk/Res and FE2 Catria with Atk/Spd. Which means I guess I don't have any, either.

And agreed about Lysithea's art. I got her original from a lucky off-focus pull, but it always struck me as weirdly... is "moe" the right term? Her brave art is great though, I love all the brave arts except Edelgard's.

Wow, they only did tier 4 bond skills twice before realizing most people still don't really care about using bond skills in the A-Slot outside of niche builds like the one my Sharena uses. I guess they are trying again but with drive and added penalty negation bonuses even though I think the only units who would want Unity skills are those who has Distant Counter already built into their weapon like Dimitri has.

Not sure about Lysithea's art. She was already young and short to begin with. I mostly just chalk it down to me not liking the style and direction the artist uses since it was the same one who did Legendary Tiki's art which I equally dislike.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I certainly tried pulling Lysithea back on her original banner but was only able to get Annette (who I did want as well) out of the three girls. I really could've used the spark on that banner (which was the last New Heroes banner before the spark system was implemented).

Yeah, I've never been a fan of that artist (Enkyo Yuichiro) either even with having one of their characters (Soleil) as a +10.

I'm sure a lot of people would have appreciated the spark system back in March. Though if nothing else I believe her banner is very likely to win the next poll for New Heroes revivals after Heir of Light is finished.

Edelgard's art is my least favorite too, but that's really because I dislike cuboon and this artist's weird obsession with big breasts, and it's worse when it's a female that is canonically not busty, such as Edelgard. Her chest here is much bigger than it should be, and on top of that, she has the dumb boob plate thing going on which I'm pretty sure she doesn't really have in TH as well. Not that blatantly, anyway. I prefer more accuracy to a character's established appearance, thanks.

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I think at this point in time choosing a unit for F2P guides isn't a very viable thing. These units last for 2 years from their release and then go poof, so guide makers tend to avoid using them after the hype subsides because it is better to have future-proof guides using GHB/TT units rather than something that'll only last for x amount of time (although the only type of content that cycles enough to make this relevant is LHB/MHB maps because GHBs only come twice and that's it).

It does depend on the guide maker, though, or the map. さるGames uses Altina a lot and even on lunatic difficulty where I figure maybe she should be reserved for abyssal and infernal, the difficulties that usually are more obnoxious and where it feels like it is absolutely necessary to pull the big guns out, despite her only being available for a month from March 11, 2020 to April 10, 2020. Then again, さるGames's guides feel like they operate under the impression the player has played for a long time as さるGames's used 5* Felicia once or twice for Chain Challenge guides and for Resonant Battle used merged launch units, "common" units, like Cherche, Cordelia, and Frederick last week or straight-up is like, "Hey, hope you have a Tibarn because this mode sucks donkey dick."

Sometimes さるGames and Pheonixmaster1 will use CYL Lyn despite the CYL1 free pick banner having expired a while ago or sometimes they will use bride Louise instead. Back in the day when the Black Knight was the unit that was part of the starter pack, Pheonixmaster1 did say if a player really needed to, that they might want to spend some money to get him and be able to beat a map. That's no longer the case because the grail shop exists, but I don't recall if he has ever said the same thing with CYL Lyn.

And yorotsuruuu yorotsuruuu has employed choke-point strategies a lot, but that involves getting Lissa to 5* even if her other teammates are also free units. For some, 20k feathers is not worth it to 5* a unit only for the occasional strategy. They are flexible, however, as I used Genny and I think Mercedes in place of Lissa before.

But yeah, at the end of the day, a CYL unit being agreed upon as the F2P pick is harder to argue for when their free pick banner will eventually expire or as there are more stronger units, free or not, they have to offer something substantial which is not as easy it was back then for CYL1 and CYL2.

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Officer Hilda

I know what you're talking about, but the words "officer" and "Hilda" together made me wonder if that is the worst thing in the world with how lazy she is or the best thing because she is lazy and/or will end up doing a terrific job because she tried to put off her work onto someone else only for that person to fail horribly.

Edited by Kaden

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Edelgard's boob plate either. It's just so ... pointless. And probably non-functional as a piece of armor. I mean ... if your armor hugs the exact curves of your body the way Edelgard's top half is shown, if anything pierces that armor you're probably dead.

By the way, has cuboon done any guys except for the first two Reinhardts? I don't remember either of his Olwens being overly busty either.

Yeah. I know PM1 does a lot of math to see if Lyn/Louise can be interchangeable (since they are somewhat similar in stats). 
truthfully, I don't blame  people for wanting PM1 to use the Free Pick for guides (because irregardless of anything - that unit will help you for a good chunk of the time. I remember when I first started how much i was kicking myself for not picking veronica because i couldn't do his guides at all. i've basically moved on from his guides outside of resonant battles mostly because i'm partially lazy and am afraid of not being able to get everyone before they run away LOL)

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

By the way, has cuboon done any guys except for the first two Reinhardts? I don't remember either of his Olwens being overly busty either.

He also did Lukas (both original and picnic).

I like Edelgard's big boob plate. 

I'm of the head canon that Edelgard, the big powerful emperor out to change the world is so self conscious or thirsty for Byleth that she commisions armor that suggest she's more busty than she actually is. And considering she's the big bad emperor I find that both funny and cute. 

Just now, Tybrosion said:

He also did Lukas (both original and picnic).

... Is it bad that I forgot he existed?

But yeah, like, both Lukas look fine. Sword Reinhardt looks fine. Regular Reinhardt looks all right, although being one of his earlier works means that cuboon's later works are more improved. The Olwens aren't like stupidly busty either.

In contrast, the Byleth+Rhea art has always made me somewhat uncomfortable. The proportions feel super weird. Is Edelgard even canonically super busty?

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Is Edelgard even canonically super busty?

The following is about all I could find, her official timeskip artwork.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20190612065130

This, in contrast, is her in-game timeskip Armored lord and Emperor models.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20190801231033
latest?cb=20190915013413

And lastly, her in-game timeskip portrait

Spoiler

latest?cb=20190613172352

Sometimes, I wonder why I do these things...

Edited by Xenomata

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

In contrast, the Byleth+Rhea art has always made me somewhat uncomfortable. The proportions feel super weird. Is Edelgard even canonically super busty?

Edelgard is only bustier than Annette and Lysithea even after the time skip, so nope and hence the jokes that she's overcompensating due to her thirst for Byleth.