Forging Bonds: A New Future! (August 18th)

Diovani Bressan

A new Forging Bonds event is coming on August 18th!

SoGqE9m.png

The stars of this Forging Bonds Event are Lysithea, Claude, Edelgard and Dimitri, Choose Yourt Legends: Round 4 winners and the new Heroes from the "A New Future" banner.

In Forging Bonds, SP and Hero Merit earned in battle are doubled, so use this opportunity to train your most needed units.

You can also check the Forging Bonds Prequel video, "Bonds that Connect Worlds".

I hope you enjoy the new stories featured by these Heroes!

8 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

This little video was fun to watch, I wouldn't mind getting something similar for the future forging bonds. Also curious about the new accesories, hope there will be some awesome looking eyepatch for Dimitri.

Maybe the ex one will be for the left eye so he can have an eye patch on both eyes.

10 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Maybe the ex one will be for the left eye so he can have an eye patch on both eyes.

Calling it now: the EX eyepatch will have his crest on it, like his armor does.

24 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Calling it now: the EX eyepatch will have his crest on it, like his armor does.

That would be awesome actually. Edelgard will have her crown, Claude will have his bandana from the dlc hairstyle and Lysethia will have the Gremory cap as accessory.

Mostly I like interactions between characters from different games but this time I want the Lords and Lysethia to interact among themselves. Post tineskip every time they meet people around them and they themselves are dying literally, it would be nice to have their timeskip selves interact with each other in a peaceful way. Edelgard and Claude talking about their similar ideas and how they executed them differently, Edelgard and Lysethia about their unique situation, Claude and Lysethia talking on a different setting outside the war where Claude is more at ease, Dimitri talking to Edelgard about their shared past something that in their world they couldn't discuss in a peaceful/healthy way, Dimitri should interact with the GD members more as by the time they dealt with them in AM he was obsessed with Edelgard if I am not mistaken. 

Its funny seeing Lysithea not showing respect to her own leader, but I guess in the Alliance they don't have a monarchy, and the Alliance nobles have more equal power with each other than the other 2 nations' nobles. But he is the King of Almyra so maybe she's just taking a jab at him.

Since they aren't all fighting each other they should have some civil discussion over their ideals and what-not.

48 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Its funny seeing Lysithea not showing respect to her own leader, but I guess in the Alliance they don't have a monarchy, and the Alliance nobles have more equal power with each other than the other 2 nations' nobles. But he is the King of Almyra so maybe she's just taking a jab at him.

Since they aren't all fighting each other they should have some civil discussion over their ideals and what-not.

Its because she knows Claude compare to other the 2 the closest plus he isn't too much for formalities so he joke about it. Plus he takes jabs at her from time to time to poke fun it's a fair game.

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

An eyepatch as Dimitri's accessory would be the best thing. lol

Claude should give some kind of Almyran doohickey. I dunno what Edelgard or Lysithea would give.

Edited by Anacybele

Guessing for accessories

Edelgard's crown

Dimitri's eyepatch

Lysithea will give the gremory hat

Claude maybe the bandana from his alt hairstyle?

I don't think Lysithia will give her hat. I'm thinking she'll give that giant feathery plume that goes around her shoulders (like how Odin/Owain gave those wings.)

No, I do not take criticism.

Spoiler

IMG_8993.thumb.jpg.ebd54b8080f679269dbb0bca67cce8bd.jpg

I just grinded to get all the summoning tickets, but I think all their different convos are very interesting (Claude's is unfortunately the weakest imo). But I like when they're all together interacting!

14 hours ago, Bankai said:

Guessing for accessories

Edelgard's crown

Dimitri's eyepatch

Lysithea will give the gremory hat

Claude maybe the bandana from his alt hairstyle?

...Dude, you called it all, I think. Wow.

But YES the eyepatch is a thing! XD

Why is Claude's accessory being called a bandana though? It looks more like...I think they're called turbans? Those "hats" that Middle East guys sometimes wear.

So far, I've only gotten conversations for Edelgard and Dimitri. Dimitri's is already more interesting imo.

Edited by Anacybele

Edelgard is taking most of the points, followed by Claude, though I'm a bit annoyed at all the spoilers. I mean, it's still kind of a minimum but...I'm just really spoiler-sensitive, so I tend to guard myself more than the average person from them. I want to read Dimitri's the most since he's the only one of these four I've taken to the end of the game thus far. AND the guest appearance of the hero who showed up in his C conversation makes me really excited!

Spoiler

Especially since I really hope we get a Fallen Dimitri sometime! But yeah, Lif!! I'm so happy he's in this, too! X3

31 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I wonder if Claude get an actual support chain again or is he stuck talking to Kiran again.

Don't worry, he talks to other characters this time. I was glad to see this too. Claude deserves the best!

Not sure what'd be considered spoilers for the Forging Bonds support conversations, so...

Dimitri's talks were interesting enough.
Lysithea's gave us more insight into Fjorm, surprisingly, which was nice.
I'm a little disappointed in Edelgard's talks, though. I wish she'd talked to more characters, I feel like both Ike and Lyn would be perfect for Edelgard's theme of heritage and birth circumstances. They aren't a 1-to-1 comparison to Edelgard, but neither is Lissa.
Claude's was fine enough. I kind of expected his support theme to be an anti-racist one and thought he'd talk to characters like Lyn, Rath, Caineghis, Lethe, etc., since they all dealt with that to varying degrees in their games. What the theme actually was mildly surprised me and was more humorous to me, than anything.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Not sure what'd be considered spoilers for the Forging Bonds support conversations, so...

Hide contents

Dimitri's talks were interesting enough.
Lysithea's gave us more insight into Fjorm, surprisingly, which was nice.
I'm a little disappointed in Edelgard's talks, though. I wish she'd talked to more characters, I feel like both Ike and Lyn would be perfect for Edelgard's theme of heritage and birth circumstances. They aren't a 1-to-1 comparison to Edelgard, but neither is Lissa.
Claude's was fine enough. I kind of expected his support theme to be an anti-racist one and thought he'd talk to characters like Lyn, Rath, Caineghis, Lethe, etc., since they all dealt with that to varying degrees in their games. What the theme actually was mildly surprised me and was more humorous to me, than anything.

I much prefer Claude's current forging bonds over many alternatives. We rarely ever see villains and dastardly peeps in these. 

I hope this marks a turning point for Three Houses Forging Bonds where they're done phoning in on the supports and actually making them interesting. Because these were actually interesting.
The only thing that bothers me is that despite her claims, Edelgard was only shown talking to Lissa about the brands deal, even though she mentioned talking to other branded (Alm and Celica, specifically). Not to say I didn't like her talks with Lissa, but... I dunno, feels like there's something she learned from other branded that we could have, you know, actually seen?

Honestly, I found Claude's supports to be very intriguing, and some of the villain's words kind of stuck with me.

Obviously, we're supposed to see these schemes as "cowardly" or "evil" or some such, yet you can't deny their effectiveness. The support with Iago in particular stuck with me a bit.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Good to know that Fjorm is not going to die on us any time soon, I think.

Their handling of that plot thread has been so poor that I actually thought that they had dropped it prior to this FB

Part of me assumed she was already dead, but FB kept using her because waifu.

20 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Their handling of that plot thread has been so poor that I actually thought that they had dropped it prior to this FB

Part of me assumed she was already dead, but FB kept using her because waifu.

Gunnthrá is a better waifu in my opinion, but they killed her off.

9 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I hope this marks a turning point for Three Houses Forging Bonds where they're done phoning in on the supports and actually making them interesting. Because these were actually interesting.
The only thing that bothers me is that despite her claims, Edelgard was only shown talking to Lissa about the brands deal, even though she mentioned talking to other branded (Alm and Celica, specifically). Not to say I didn't like her talks with Lissa, but... I dunno, feels like there's something she learned from other branded that we could have, you know, actually seen?

Wouldn't Micaiah actually fall under this too? Or is that a different kind of branded?