recruitment question

16 minutes ago, ChaosStar0 said:

Was watching Tom Fawkes's blind LP of Three Houses and he recruited Bernadetta with a D in bows, and didn't have a B Rank with her. WTF? He does have 23 Strength, but I don't think extra Strength helps.

Supports lower the recruitment requirements.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Supports lower the recruitment requirements.

I know that. He had a C Rank with her which according to the recruitment chart on this site, doesn't reduce the requirement from needing a C in Bows. https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/characters/recruitment/. A B Rank with her would of been needed to reduce the required Bow Rank from C to D.

12 minutes ago, ChaosStar0 said:

I know that. He had a C Rank with her which according to the recruitment chart on this site, doesn't reduce the requirement from needing a C in Bows. https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/characters/recruitment/. A B Rank with her would of been needed to reduce the required Bow Rank from C to D.

Well, ya got me. By all accounts, it doesn't make sense. The only other thing I can think of is that she offered to join during the week, as this ignores the stat and skill thresholds required for recruitment, but according to that same page, that needs a B support to happen.

Edited by Shadow Mir

9 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Well, ya got me. By all accounts, it doesn't make sense. The only other thing I can think of is that she offered to join during the week, as this ignores the stat and skill thresholds required for recruitment, but according to that same page, that needs a B support to happen.

Nope, he talked to her during exploration. He does only seem to care about recruiting her and Dorothea though, no idea why. And since he's blind he doesn't realize he needs tons of Charm for Dorothea.

So, the thing about C supports is that there's a level between it and B, C+ (There's B+ and A+ too of course). This doesn't affect stuff like adjutants, but some characters get supports and while that's obvious, it can also affect the recruitment requirements. It brings it down by a level for anything C rank to D+. Did he have D+ bows?

There's a guide on this to the site (Lowering the requirements).

It could be that he had enough support to be at the C+ tier instead of just C.  Byleth technically does reach C+ (and B+) support with all other characters even if there isn't an explicit conversation at that point.  If they were at C+ support, the recruitment requirement is lowered to D+.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

So, the thing about C supports is that there's a level between it and B, C+ (There's B+ and A+ too of course). This doesn't affect stuff like adjutants, but some characters get supports and while that's obvious, it can also affect the recruitment requirements. It brings it down by a level for anything C rank to D+. Did he have D+ bows?

There's a guide on this to the site (Lowering the requirements).

No. He had D in Bows, not D+. Also I already linked that.

3 hours ago, SumG said:

It could be that he had enough support to be at the C+ tier instead of just C.  Byleth technically does reach C+ (and B+) support with all other characters even if there isn't an explicit conversation at that point.  If they were at C+ support, the recruitment requirement is lowered to D+.

Again, D in Bows, not D+.