Direct a Newcomer Trailer

Dragoncat

The old thread would be necroed, so here we go.

(Artisan Home, Dragon Realms)

Bob the Reporter: Spyro, you've just defeated the Sorceress, rescued the dragon eggs, and restored freedom to the Dragon Realms! There's only one thing for you to do next!

Spyro: Huh?

Bob the Reporter: Join Smash!

(Montage of Spyro gameplay with the new title screen music, Tiger Train, in the background)

(Spyro charging after Bowser on the new stage, Gnasty Gnorc's Stronghold, modeled after the arena where Gnasty is fought, Bowser gets flamed and falls off a ledge)

Spyro: You're toast!

(Final Smash: Combo Powerup, super fly and flame at the same time. This is used against Ridley)

Spyro: What a sorry excuse for a dragon!

SPYRO ROASTS THE COMPETITION

Feel free to add yours or say what you would do differently with mine.

Here's what I do for Vaati, my most wanted Zelda newcomer.

Four Toon Links colored like the Four Sword Links are fighting each other, and Zelda and Ganondorf are in there as well. Ganondorf gets the Smash Ball and uses his FS to transform to Ganon. The Toon Links and Zelda get a bit nervous. Suddenly, a big gust of wind magic strikes Ganon and knocks him down. The Toon Links are perplexed and then one of them gets hit with wind too. And then a second Toon Link goes down. They're both lying on the ground dizzy. Zelda and the remaining two Toon Links look around confusedly until...

A dark shadow appears behind Ganon's dazed form. The light then reveals Vaati's Minish form.

VAATI
BLOWS THEM AWAY

Then proceed to show off his wind magic-based moveset as well as his FS, his eyeball-bat form.

He is called the wind mage, ya know. lol

Oh yeah, also, there's a meaning behind Vaati having struck Ganon down first...

Edited by Anacybele

Winds blow on a sunny plain, with blades clashing in the distance. Ganondorf crosses blades with a young boy in white clothing. The boy retaliates with several slashes, and then a Force Strike.

“So, you’re the so-called ‘Great King of Evil’.” says the boy.

Euden
Forges a Pact!

A gameplay montage then occurs, with Euden using several of his moves (some of which taking place on the Halidom stage), only to be launched away by a Warlock Punch from Ganondorf. As he runs in for the finishing blow, Euden’s eyes turn red, and the wind intensifies (which Ganondorf blocks with his arm). His Dragon Pulse quickening, a green aura surrounds him and he transforms into his pactbound dragon, Midgardsormr.

Midgardsormr
Tatters the Skies!

Another gameplay montage then occurs, with Midgardsormr using his own moveset (along with a clip of the Windwyrm on the Midgar stage). The gameplay then ends with their respective Final Smash being unleashed on Ganondorf.

SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE x Dragalia Lost

@ 2018 Nintendo

Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.

Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Cygames, Inc.

King Dedede is lying down, face-planted in the dirt, with King K. Rool costume parts surrounding him. He's on the way to getting up and is helped/cleaned up by four Waddle Dees. He marches over to King K. Rool, demanding they fight a fair fight. It starts up like a typical match in the Great Cave Offensive, but when the announcer yells "Go!" the camera zooms in on one of the Waddle Dees in the background running toward a treasure chest. In it, among other things, are a spear...and a simple blue bandana. The Waddle Dee picks them up, put the bandana on, and jumps.

Waddle Dee Waddles In!

Bandana Waddle Dee falls into the main stage in a transition to gameplay footage. He gives K. Rool a couple of spear pokes and other tricks. Then it transitions to a new stage: Castle Dedede. Once there, Bandana Waddle Dee shows off some additional abilities. He's also brought a parasol and beam wand to play with for some additional attacks. Then, several other Waddle Dees arrive on the stage., showing off a couple of alternate colors, costumes, and weapons being a regular Waddle Dee, Sailor Waddle Dee (who has a harpoon in place of the standard spear), Lumberjack Waddle Dee (an axe), Hardhat Waddle Dee (a giant wrench), Cafe Waddle Dee, (a kitchen knife), and Worker Waddle Dee (a shovel). Throughout the rest of the montage, the Waddle Dees show they have a mostly carefree fighting style. It almost feels like they're playing instead of actually fighting. In one clip, one of the Waddle Dees uses one of its grab and throw combos on Luigi in Dream Land, which shows that part of the animation is the Waddle Dee giving him a big hug, complete with a happy expression on its face, because it remembers him from Subspace and wuvs him. Ahem, Finally, Bandana Waddle Dee gets the Smash Ball and summons the almighty Waddle Dee Train from Kirby: Triple Deluxe. It's similar to Pit's Final Smash and the Dragoon item, but with an expansive vertical reticle, like "top platform of Battlefield" tall.

The trailer ends with three of the Waddle Dees dancing to Kirby's extended classic victory jingle.

-Smash trailer intro
-The screen's completely black; you can hear a person running, and the camera focuses on a bottle in this person's left hand: it's barely visible, but it contains a message with Smash's seal
-"I wonder what this new world will look like!"
-With a flash of light, a strange key-shaped weapon appears
-The person points it, releasing a beam of light that hits what looks like a keyhole; a door opens, and the screen fades into white
-Simple and Clean (Orchestral) starts playing
-"Looks like I'm all on my own this time, huh?"

SORA
Unlocks the Fight!

-Gameplay footage, with Sora commenting how incredible it is to see so many different characters from different worlds meeting and fighting together
-Destiny Islands stage is shown, Sora comments: "Whoa, Destiny Islands?! How did they end up here? Have they been swallowed by the Darkness AGAIN?!?"
-Various KH characters are shown, cheering in the stage's background (just like KOF Stage), Sora comments: "It's you guys! I'm so happy to see you're fine! ...Uhm, guys? Can you hear me? Hellooo?"
-More gameplay, special moves and gimmick are shown
-Trailer ends with Sora using his Final Smash, Nightmare's End (Reality Shift ability from KH:DDD), then stating he might as well take a little break from his journey

Edited by Yexin

-Fade from black to a perfectly normal animal crossing village.

-Tom Nook is at his desk, typing away.

-The camera dramtatically zooms into Tom Nook who at the last second is pushed out of the way by Raymond, because why not?

DUN DUN DUN! RAYMOND... Dramatically enters the Battle!

-Raymond is in the ACNH Village plaza and steps up with a bug net.

-Villager also steps up.

-Raymond walks up to villager and hits villager with a bug net over and over again at his face, before running back and releasing a butterfly which hit's villagers face.

-Raymond fishes up a sunfish which takes up most of Raymond himself and it hits villager and fires Villager into the distance.

-Raymond is now fighting Min-Min

-Raymond sits down at his computer, which sends raymond flying off with rocket boots somehow?

-Raymond swaps his clothes out for a maid dress, hurting Min-min in the process.

-Raymond uses his final smash: Fashionable Smashdown. Raymond grabs a wardrobe and pulls out tons and tons of clothes and piles them on min min, doing massive damage.

Edited by Emmy

2 hours ago, Emmy said:

-Fade from black to a perfectly normal animal crossing village.

-Tom Nook is at his desk, typing away.

-The camera dramtatically zooms into Tom Nook who at the last second is pushed out of the way by Raymond, because why not?

RAYMOND... Dramatically enters the Battle!

-Raymond is in the ACNH Village plaza and steps up with a bug net.

-Villager also steps up.

-Raymond walks up to villager and hits villager with a bug net over and over again at his face, before running back and releasing a butterfly which hit's villagers face.

-Raymond fishes up a sunfish which takes up most of Raymond himself and it hits villager and fires Villager into the distance.

-Raymond is now fighting Min-Min

-Raymond sits down at his computer, which sends raymond flying off with rocket boots somehow?

-Raymond swaps his clothes out for a maid dress, hurting Min-min in the process.

-Raymond uses his final smash: Fashionable Smashdown. Raymond grabs a wardrobe and pulls out tons and tons of clothes and piles them on min min, doing massive damage.

I need this in my life! 😂

1. All the fighters from the Mario series leap onto the stage one-by-one.

2. The camera goes back to the silhouette of someone struggling to follow them and unable to jump.

3. The new fighter is revealed to be Captain Toad! The caption reads, "Captain Toad leaps into action! …Or not."

4. Captain Toad sees a lever on the ground underneath him and pulls it; raising the block he's standing on so that it's on level with the stage.

5. Gameplay footage in which Captain Toad shows off his different abilities. 

Edited by vanguard333

Picking up after the final Ridley trailer, Ridley and Samus stand,  ready to strike eachother at any moment. Just before they are about to strike, a shop suddenly warps into view. It's designation, "U.S.S. Forward Into Dawn" is painted on the side. The scene changes to the computrrs on the bridge as a monastic choir begins to sing. 

Mysterious female voice: Where are we? This planet doesn't show up on any existing planetary chart. In fact, none of our charts are working. 

The camera begins to move down the ship.

Mysterious female voice: Wait, I'm sensing hostiles on the surface.

A screen shows Seamus and Ridley with multiple different stats listed.

Mysterious female voice: One human, augmented, the other I cant tell. That thing doesn't look like any Covenant I've ever seen.

The camera pans to a green armored glove grab a assault rifle from a rack. 

Mysterious female voice: And where do you think you're going? 

The camera pans up, revealing more and more armor before settling on Master Chief's helmet, the beginig piano notes to "One Final Effort" playing. 

Master Chief: Investigating the hostiles. 

He loads a new magazine into the rifle and cocks the charging handle before jumping out from the side of the ship. Ridley and Seamus both turn to see Masyer Chief hurtling through the atmosphere toward them. Master Cheif suddenly impacts, straight into Ridley's back, revealing his new fighter card.

"Master Chief: Finishes the fight!"

Scene changes to Ridley smashed into the ground, unmoving. Samus lies on her back, nocked over from the impact. The camera pans to Master Chief walking toward Samus. He lifts a hand and Cortana appears.

Cortana: Sorry, he's always been like this. Now, would you mind tellinng us where we are?

Master Chief reaches out a hand to Samus, who takes it. The two give a nod to each other and the trailer ends.

Edited by Sir Gerwald of Vallora

The introduction to "Silver Will, Golden Wings" plays in the background.

A camera shot pans across the sky, showing a radiant sunset with beautiful white clouds floating into the horizon.

A group of monsters is gathered in the middle of a lush plain.

Suddenly a girl with a staff runs directly into the crowd of monsters saying "Here I come!"

Knocking all the monsters out of the way with a wide swing with her weapon, Estelle Bright twirls the staff, looks into the camera, and says "Piece of cake!"

Estelle Brightens the Battle!

"Silver Will, Golden Wings" kicks in with the vocals and music, while a montage of Estelle fighting other characters with her various moves.

The trailer ends with Estelle posing and winking at the camera, with her fellow Trails characters standing behind her and posing as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Wario and Sonic are in a jungle racing towards a large gem hovering above a totem pole. Wario speeds ahead of Sonic on his motorcycle, prompting the hedgehog to speed up in turn. A crab dodges out of the way as the two speed by, and a turtle ends up on its back. Wario and Sonic leap and reach for the gem, inches away from their prize...

Then someone else swipes the gem at the last second, causing a shocked Wario and Sonic to crash! They see an orange bandicoot holding the gem, performing an all-too-familiar dance which ends with him turning his grinning face toward the camera:

Crash Bandicoot Is N. Smash!

The following footage shows Crash facing off against King Dedede in Jungle Japes, Incineroar in the Coliseum, King K. Rool on the Summit, and against Dr. Mario with a Ray Gun and Rocket Belt on Cortex's blimp in Crash's home stage, Wumpa Islands. He shows off his spin, slide kick, and body slam attacks. Crash runs up behind Yoshi, stops, and waggles his eyebrows at the viewer. Crash shows off his Final Smash, which has him run from a boulder that flattens his opponents. Finally, Crash, Sonic, Wario, and several other Smash fighters (Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Banjo & Kazooie) perform the Crash Dance in unison.

• 3 months later...

Got a new one based on one of my recent projects:

Spoiler

Mega Man is battling Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Pit, and Sonic in New Donk City when a Bunby Heli flies in holding a TV screen. The screen turns on with a "Dr. W" logo on it, and the fighters stop their battle, gathering to look at the screen. A balding old man with a mustache appears:

"So, you are the famous Super Smash Bros. I've heard so much about! Well, perhaps you've heard of me. I am the greatest roboticist the world has ever known: Dr. Albert Wily! And while my nemesis Mega Man has been playing with his new friends, I've prepared an army of my finest Robot Masters and unleashed them upon your pitiful, unsuspecting worlds!"

The screen cuts to shots of various worlds being attacked by Robot Masters: Flame Man at Peach's Castle, Wood Man in Jungle Japes, Knight Man at Hyrule Castle, Elec Man in Pokemon Stadium, Star Man in Dreamland, Air Man in Skyworld, and Quick Man in Green Hill Zone.

"If you think you can stop them, you're welcome to try! I look forward to watching them crush you utterly! Especially you, Mega Man! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Then Guts Man leaps onto the stage, and the other heroes scatter to their own worlds while Mega Man faces off against the brutish Robot Master in New Donk City.

Dr. Wily & Robot Masters Launch Their Attack!

Mario jumps in to fight Flame Man, Donkey Kong throws down with Wood Man, Link duels Knight Man, Pikachu battles Elec Man, Kirby clashes with Star Man, Pit flies in to fight Air Man, and Sonic races to stop Quick Man. The heroes are in turn attacked by additional Robot Masters: Mario is trapped by Concrete Man, Donkey Kong is frozen by Frost Man, Link is slashed away by Sword Man, Kirby is zapped by Sheep Man, Pikachu is knocked out by Stone Man, Pit is blown away by Tornado Man, and Turbo Man crashes into Sonic.

"Looks like my Robot Masters were too much for your friends! Now it's your turn, Mega Man!"

Guts Man gets the Smash Ball, and summons the Wily Machine from Power Fighters, which blasts Mega Man with its beam cannon. Mega Man is knocked to the ground, charred. He struggles to get up as the Robot Masters gather around Wily.

"Wily always wins in the end! Robot Masters! Attack!"

Just as the Robot Masters prepare to deliver the coup de grace, a whistle sounds out, and a massive charge shot forces the Robot Masters to scatter. Wily looks around, startled by the sudden interruption.

"W-what!? Who fired that!?...You!?"

The camera pans up to a red robot with a scarf and a shield, buster pointed at the screen.

Proto Man Strikes!

Proto Man tosses an E-Tank to Mega Man and engages Wily's robots himself, sporting his own arsenal of weapons. Proto Man finishes off Wily's Robot Masters with his Final Smash, Big Bang Strike, forcing Dr. Wily to flee.

"Meddlesome traitor! I'll be back. There's a lot more where those came from!"

Edited by Lord_Brand

A Light in the Darkness

Spoiler

Loosely picking up from one of WoL's possible endings; Galeem is defeated, his Master Hand army disappearing with him. Dharkon now reigns supreme, with Mario lying down in defeat. Dharkon appears in the sky, ready to swallow the world in darkness. However, one last flickering light appears in the sky, with all the other heroes taking notice; the camera then moves closer to it, revealing a door. A mysterious figure then appears from the door and strikes Dharkon in his eye. As he is wounded, Dharkon takes note of the figure, who then jumps back to the ground, with the camera revaling a famaliar keychain.

"I won't let this world fall to the darkness."

The other heroes, including Cloud, look up to this figure.

Sora
Lights the Way!

With renewed hope, the other heroes join Sora in another battle against Dharkon, with the last scene before gameplay emulating a cutscene-to-gameplay transition from Kingdom Hearts 3.

The trailer then cuts to Sora performing various attacks on Dharkon's pupper fighters. This includes normal combos like Aerial Finish, Magnet Burst and Explosion; magic attacks like Firaga, Blizzaga, Aeroga, Thundaga, and Curaga; and other special moves of Sora's, like Sonic Blade, Airstep, and Ars Arcanum (there is also a bit with Sora next to Duck Hunt). In a battle against Dharkon, Sora stuns Dharkon with an Aeroza Situation Command, and Dharkon switches to Phase 2. This then cuts to a CGI bit where Sora unleashes his Final Smash, Ultimate Union Ragnarok. He effortlessly destorys the Crazy Hands and eventually pierces through Dharkon's eye riding a storm of Keyblades, destroying the lord of darkness.

SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE x KINGDOM HEARTS

@ 2018 Nintendo
Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Mojang AB / Disney

• 1 month later...

The Man with the Master Plan (the non-gameplay bits would be directly animated in the style of TSR Overdrive)

Spoiler

The trailer starts the way K. Rool and Banjo did, with a breif showcase of rivalries in Smash; Mario vs. Bowser, Link vs. Ganondorf, Kirby vs. Meta Knight, Star Fox vs. Star Wolf, Samus vs. Ridley, the Kongs vs. K. Rool, and Cloud vs. Sephiroth. The TV shuts off...and the camera pans to a completely different scene with the Pikmin watching the TV in the forest.

Suddenly, they hear a rumble not too far away from where they are. All of them gather at once, and they see a giant floating ship above them. A hand then appears from the ship and starts to capture Pikmin as they all attempt to flee. Sonic then appears to rescue the Pikmin, but the hand then turns into a wrecking ball and goes for Sonic, inadvertently killing several Pikmin. As Sonic stops himself as he lands, he recognizes the figure in the ship, who smiles menacingly at his longtime nemesis.

Dr. Eggman
Takes a Crack at It!

The trailer then shifts to gameplay of Eggman's gameplay, all of which revolves around different machines he's used in the past. While figthing Sonic on Green Hill Zone, he then uses the Phantom Ruby to turn the stage into Studipolis Zone, which is shown to switch between Press Garden and Mirage Saloon. He then uses it again after getting the Smash Ball, which has him summon the Death Egg Robot.

SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE X Sonic the Hedgehog

The trailer then cuts back to the cinematic, where Sonic, downed by the Death Egg Robot (with Eggman mocking him inside the cockpit), uses the Chaos Emeralds to turn into Super Sonic.

@ 2018 Nintendo
Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Mojang AB

(Studiopolis stage concept: https://www.deviantart.com/alex13art/art/SSB-Studiopolis-Zone-Stage-Ideas-797417040)

Edited by Jingilator