Hapi for Next Choose your Legends?

TheChoZenOne

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

Personally, what bothers me here is that you posted an image of a woman going into battle with her ass out and were like, this is obviously something we should all want in the game, no reason anyone might take issue with this. 

Please, recognize that this is not a place populated entirely by people who think like you. 

Its official art? And I don't know why it would be taken offensively. Jeez. This wasn't meant to be taken like that....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is a little too soon to start campaigning for CYL5 votes. Better to save that stuff for early January when people actually start getting exciting for CYL5. And I question any of the Ashen Wolves doing well. Seems to me the most popular characters from Three Houses are still the majority of the students plus Seteth/Flayn. I still think F!Byleth is probably taking one of the top 2 spots anyways. Also, not everyone bought the DLC (like me) so the Ashen Wolves are completely unknown to them.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

I think it is a little too soon to start campaigning for CYL5 votes. Better to save that stuff for early January when people actually start getting exciting for CYL5. And I question any of the Ashen Wolves doing well. Seems to me the most popular characters from Three Houses are still the majority of the students plus Seteth/Flayn. I still think F!Byleth is probably taking one of the top 2 spots anyways. Also, not everyone bought the DLC (like me) so the Ashen Wolves are completely unknown to them.

Yeah. I am not sure how popular the Ashen Wolves are. I am another person that didn't bought the DLC because I don't think it's worthy the price. If I could buy the DLC waves separately, then I would get Cindered Shadows... but I am not interest in the others DLC waves. Because of this, I am not attached to any of these character, compared to the others students that I met 6 months before the last DLC wave release.

Another point is that... yay, Cindered Shadows gives you 4 new students... but the problem of deploying units is still the same. Most maps has a 10-11 deploying limitation. Byleth + all the students from your house already use 9 slots. I don't want to bench some students that I am attached to open space for these 4 other characters (if I am playing Church Route, then that's fine since Edelgard and Hubert are useless in that path). 

The score of the Ashe Wolves may help them to get into FEH faster, I think... but I kinda expect them to be added all four at the same time in a 4 heroes banner.

23 hours ago, TheChoZenOne said:

But if she wins we would get this....

Yuck. I'm with @Othin, this is the exact opposite of a motivator for me.

On topic, while I like Hapi (and Yuri)...no, I don't think they should win CYL next year. CYL 6 onwards? Sure, but we already had a 3H sweep this year and people are going to be voting for F!Byleth and Rhea next year anyway and the last thing I want to see is another sweep. At that point things just get incredibly boring. If CYL 5 is varied though, then we can give 3H more attention, not before.

At least, this is how I feel. I still stand by my concern that CYL 5 will also be flooded with 3H reps though.

19 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Yuck. I'm with @Othin, this is the exact opposite of a motivator for me.

On topic, while I like Hapi (and Yuri)...no, I don't think they should win CYL next year. CYL 6 onwards? Sure, but we already had a 3H sweep this year and people are going to be voting for F!Byleth and Rhea next year anyway and the last thing I want to see is another sweep. At that point things just get incredibly boring. If CYL 5 is varied though, then we can give 3H more attention, not before.

At least, this is how I feel. I still stand by my concern that CYL 5 will also be flooded with 3H reps though.

I guess. Nothing wrong with how Hapi looks here imo. She looks gorgeous. And to each their own I guess

Just now, TheChoZenOne said:

I guess. Nothing wrong with how Hapi looks here imo. She looks gorgeous. And to each their own I guess

I thought the art is really fantastic. , for what it is worth. 

and honestly. i don't get how people think it's "boring" if 3H wins (or any game for that matter). it's not like CYL 1 through 3 did anything super special or anything to warrant "it's so boring having them from the same game." like. new art. new skills, and we see how everyone else falls into to see how the year's alts and new units will more likely come in.  Having 3H as this years winners isn't any more or less exciting (for me) than last years winners. or CYL 2 winners.  they don't "do" anything. 

at any rate it's not something i'm concerned about until January when voting takes place anyway

I'll take 3H sweep over another OC ever winning. Veronica deserved it well enough, not so much anyone else.

That said, next year I expect Eirika to be a major contender for female frontrunner. And probably Julia and F Byleth. For the males, I think Marth, Bruno, and Seliph will probably be likely candidates.

I suspect that next year will be interesting. That said, there's always the possibility that a timely remake will bring a new lord into a limelight they otherwise wouldn't have. Fingers crossed for Sigurd.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

and honestly. i don't get how people think it's "boring" if 3H wins (or any game for that matter). it's not like CYL 1 through 3 did anything super special or anything to warrant "it's so boring having them from the same game." like. new art. new skills, and we see how everyone else falls into to see how the year's alts and new units will more likely come in.  Having 3H as this years winners isn't any more or less exciting (for me) than last years winners. or CYL 2 winners.  they don't "do" anything. 

at any rate it's not something i'm concerned about until January when voting takes place anyway

The problem was that CYL was always that event where different heroes would appear with specials attires. Each CYL banner in previous years had heroes from different games. Never 2 heroes from the same game.

CYL 4 looks more like a normal New Heroes banner than a CYL banner, because they are all from the same game, using attires from their promoted classes. Not for you, but for me and a lot of other people... it was not that exciting.

One or two heroes from 3H, it's fine... but when all 4 heroes are from the same game, it loses that made CYL different from others banners.

Look that the story about the maps of these CYL heroes. CYL 1-3 was about Brave Heroes being summoned in Askr. 

By Anna's words:

"A legendary rite shall call forth Brave Heroes. To become a Brave Hero, you need more than raw power or skill. Anyone can train up their talents, after all. People must believe in them for more than their strength, so these Heroes must lead lives that truly inspire. When that happens, they'll be lifted even higher. In a way, Brave Heroes are born from the wishes of mankind."

This was how it happened in CYL 1-3, where the summoning rite would bring Brave Heroes in that world. This year, the CYL 4 units just were added in the Book 4 story just like any other normal hero would.

I confess that CYL 3 was already less creative than previous years... where Micaiah had her promoted class and Eliwood had his post-game ceremonial garb. But this year, it was super lazy how CYL 4 units ended to be. To be fair, I didn't expect anything different for Lysithea, since she is the first non important or non main lord related character to win a CYL, but I expected more for the House Leaders than that lazy job.

I like CYL as a concept for a few reasons: the players get to choose a hero (while IS gets all other banners), it's a good opportunity to see heroes in garb that reflects other aspects of their history/personality/relations, and it gives heroes who have never been playable a chance to be playable. Sometimes you get oddball picks from IS like Pirate Darros, or Mythic Altina, but things like that don't happen often.

I'm still giving all my votes to Elena. I really, really want her to be more than a flashback character, and potential conversations with her and her family would be amazing! Plus, I wonder who her outfit would be inspired by... Ike already got Griel's outfit, so maybe she'd get Ike's or Mist's. (She's their mom.)

4 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I agree 100%. I dont understand the distaste for three houses in this thread at all

51 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

I agree 100%. I dont understand the distaste for three houses in this thread at all

I don't see distaste for 3H anywhere here. Seems like the people saying they don't want CYL to be overloaded with 3H would say the same thing if any other game got a clean sweep like this.

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't see distaste for 3H anywhere here. Seems like the people saying they don't want CYL to be overloaded with 3H would say the same thing if any other game got a clean sweep like this.

I guess but like he said. Idk how its "boring" just cuz its characters from the latest game lol

6 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

I guess but like he said. Idk how its "boring" just cuz its characters from the latest game lol

I think this explained it quite well.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I think this explained it quite well.

Yeah I know I saw that but still. I don't agree. I think its awesome that we get  Brave Three Houses characters. In fact I hope to see all of the charactrrs make it in as soon as possible.

Edited by TheChoZenOne

I may have quite a few issues with Three Houses, but characters generally aren't one - though I say that while knowing absolutely nothing about the DLC characters. Mostly I think it overstays its welcome a bit from the amount of padding that is monastery content, the somewhat stretched out plot (mainly the questionable necessity of having a "true" villain behind everything), and the clumsy handling of the multiple paths where so much is repeated and unskippable. In that context I actually don't mind if next year is another sweep, though as above the uninspired design of this year's units poisons the well somewhat and I hope they do better next year, no matter who it is and what game they come from.

11 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. I am not sure how popular the Ashen Wolves are. I am another person that didn't bought the DLC because I don't think it's worthy the price. If I could buy the DLC waves separately, then I would get Cindered Shadows... but I am not interest in the others DLC waves. Because of this, I am not attached to any of these character, compared to the others students that I met 6 months before the last DLC wave release.

Another point is that... yay, Cindered Shadows gives you 4 new students... but the problem of deploying units is still the same. Most maps has a 10-11 deploying limitation. Byleth + all the students from your house already use 9 slots. I don't want to bench some students that I am attached to open space for these 4 other characters (if I am playing Church Route, then that's fine since Edelgard and Hubert are useless in that path). 

The score of the Ashe Wolves may help them to get into FEH faster, I think... but I kinda expect them to be added all four at the same time in a 4 heroes banner.

Makes sense to have all four Ashen Wolves members be put on the same banner together. Probably not the next Three Houses banner but eventually it could happen.

9 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I'll take 3H sweep over another OC ever winning. Veronica deserved it well enough, not so much anyone else.

That said, next year I expect Eirika to be a major contender for female frontrunner. And probably Julia and F Byleth. For the males, I think Marth, Bruno, and Seliph will probably be likely candidates.

I suspect that next year will be interesting. That said, there's always the possibility that a timely remake will bring a new lord into a limelight they otherwise wouldn't have. Fingers crossed for Sigurd.

I find it funny that you said you don't want another Heroes character to win but say Bruno is a likely candidate despite dropping down to 64th last year (if anything Lif seems to be the new favorite male Heroes character).

Any reasoning for thinking Julia and Seliph has a chance? I know you also mentioned a remake could happen but I don't think Intelligent Systems is going to announce anything between now and before the end of CYL5 voting nor does the next game have to be a remake (could always be a brand new title or a new spinoff game). Besides, Julia never cracked top 100 in any CYL and I think the hype for Seliph is going to cool down now that he has an alt (which is what most people were voting for in the first place).

I feel bad for Eirika fans at times. Every year people go and say she has a good chance of winning ever since CYL2 and every year she always get beat down and thrown into fifth place while some other female character gets rallied hard into second place (Veronica during CYL2, Camilla during CYL3, last year with Lysithea during CYL4). Or at least, that is what it feels like to me. I'm kind of expecting Eirika to get 5th place again in CYL5 just out of tradition at this point.

Edited by NSSKG151

9 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The problem was that CYL was always that event where different heroes would appear with specials attires. Each CYL banner in previous years had heroes from different games. Never 2 heroes from the same game.

CYL 4 looks more like a normal New Heroes banner than a CYL banner, because they are all from the same game, using attires from their promoted classes. Not for you, but for me and a lot of other people... it was not that exciting.

Yeah, I can see this, but I also disagree. CYL was and has always been, just a popularity contest. Of course it was split between different games originally. There weren't any brand new games out, and there weren't that many alts. 

CYL4 came at the heels of Three Houses, so the clean sweep was expected and completely in line with what a popularity contest is. This CYL feels just like the other ones to me, just with 'grouped' heroes so to speak. And with the nature of Three Houses having all these promotions/looks, I kinda thought it was a very smart way to incorporate those final looks, since it was pretty obvious we'd get their timeskip ones as Legendary Heroes. 

I agree maybe it's not 'exciting', but when has a popularity contest ever been exciting? And with a shrinking pool of top contenders, I think every year is bound to get less exciting, barring a remake. But then again (personally) I don't think a sweep from any game is boring. I'd be fine with other games sweeping in similar fashions for CYL5. I'd even be fine with another 3H sweep. I feel like when Chrom finally gets it (if we're still doing it by then), Robin will probably be with him, for an Awakening Male sweep. 

-

And on 'topic', YES to Hapi. XD Was literally not interested by her at all, and then was like, "Oh, I love her". I'd love to see her win. Yuri too. I'd be fine with Cindered Shadows taking home a win with either of them in the next one. 

5 hours ago, Kiran_ said:

Yeah, I can see this, but I also disagree. CYL was and has always been, just a popularity contest. Of course it was split between different games originally. There weren't any brand new games out, and there weren't that many alts. 

CYL4 came at the heels of Three Houses, so the clean sweep was expected and completely in line with what a popularity contest is. This CYL feels just like the other ones to me, just with 'grouped' heroes so to speak. And with the nature of Three Houses having all these promotions/looks, I kinda thought it was a very smart way to incorporate those final looks, since it was pretty obvious we'd get their timeskip ones as Legendary Heroes. 

I agree maybe it's not 'exciting', but when has a popularity contest ever been exciting? And with a shrinking pool of top contenders, I think every year is bound to get less exciting, barring a remake. But then again (personally) I don't think a sweep from any game is boring. I'd be fine with other games sweeping in similar fashions for CYL5. I'd even be fine with another 3H sweep. I feel like when Chrom finally gets it (if we're still doing it by then), Robin will probably be with him, for an Awakening Male sweep. 

-

And on 'topic', YES to Hapi. XD Was literally not interested by her at all, and then was like, "Oh, I love her". I'd love to see her win. Yuri too. I'd be fine with Cindered Shadows taking home a win with either of them in the next one. 

Aye lets go!! 😁

I'd like to see a minor DLC character just to spice things up a bit. Aside from Veronica and maybe Eliwood's inclusion the Braves have always been really easy to predict. They are all the lord characters or an ''icon'' like Camilla. A candidate that takes everyone by complete surprised would be very interesting. 

9 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Makes sense to have all four Ashen Wolves members be put on the same banner together. Probably not the next Three Houses banner but eventually it could happen.

I find it funny that you said you don't want another Heroes character to win but say Bruno is a likely candidate despite dropping down to 64th last year (if anything Lif seems to be the new favorite male Heroes character).

Any reasoning for thinking Julia and Seliph has a chance? I know you also mentioned a remake could happen but I don't think Intelligent Systems is going to announce anything between now and before the end of CYL5 voting nor does the next game have to be a remake (could always be a brand new title or a new spinoff game). Besides, Julia never cracked top 100 in any CYL and I think the hype for Seliph is going to cool down now that he has an alt (which is what most people were voting for in the first place).

I feel bad for Eirika fans at times. Every year people go and say she has a good chance of winning ever since CYL2 and every year she always get beat down and thrown into fifth place while some other female character gets rallied hard into second place (Veronica during CYL2, Camilla during CYL3, last year with Lysithea during CYL4). Or at least, that is what it feels like to me. I'm kind of expecting Eirika to get 5th place again in CYL5 just out of tradition at this point.

What I want is not the same as what I expect. There is no contradiction. If I got what I wanted, Marth's perpetual dance of 'always the bridesmaid, never the bride' would continue, because it's really funny. 

My lineup for CYL 5's brave costumes would be Sigurd, Eirika, Chrom, 

I'm more interested in the CYL 3 results, which were unskewed by a new game. Where Bruno was 14th, above Lif, who can now be expected to get far fewer votes as he's already been added. It's a better reflection of the community at a neutral state. Based on these, Seliph and Chrom will likely be Marth's main competitors, and votes will vary much more wildly as other more expected lords have already won.

Also, there is a low chance that a new mainline game would release before CYL5. An announcement of a new game without a release would have no effect, as its characters would not appear on CYL5. An announcement of a remake, with or without a release, would skew its characters higher. An announcement of a spinoff would likely have little impact regardless.

I think CYL 5 will finally be Marth's year. I really do. His main competition, I think, will be Male Byleth, Chrom, and...Sigurd. Myleth because 3H is still going strong, Chrom because he ALWAYS ranks super high, and Sigurd because he's gonna have "Seliph Syndrome." Meaning, people REALLY want him to get an alt. Of course, if he gets an alt before CYL 5, he won't be as big of competition. Seliph will rank high, but I think he'll drop slightly since he now finally has an alt.

Eirika, Female Byleth, and Rhea will be the big pics on the female side.

If Felix and Marianne still aren't in the game by the time of CYL 5, there's a good chance they crack the Top 10 again.

44 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I think CYL 5 will finally be Marth's year. I really do. His main competition, I think, will be Male Byleth, Chrom, and...Sigurd. Myleth because 3H is still going strong, Chrom because he ALWAYS ranks super high, and Sigurd because he's gonna have "Seliph Syndrome." Meaning, people REALLY want him to get an alt. Of course, if he gets an alt before CYL 5, he won't be as big of competition. Seliph will rank high, but I think he'll drop slightly since he now finally has an alt.

If Felix and Marianne still aren't in the game by the time of CYL 5, there's a good chance they crack the Top 10 again.

I see us getting another 3H banner before CYL5, and I'd say that some of the most popular 3H characters are a given.

Anyway, if I throw a vote behind Sigurd, it's because he's my favorite lord. Not just because he lacks an alt. Moreover, Seliph's excellent legendary alt hasn't diminished my desire for a brave or resplendent alt, but rather increased it.

I do my 4 frontunner votes after midpoints happen though, because I want to see who has a realistic shot, and who I should be rallying to get/keep them in the top 4.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

19 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

But this year, it was super lazy how CYL 4 units ended to be.

This is my issue too, @daisy jane. Sure, Micaiah also had a lazy outfit but this time...all four of the winners had exactly the outfits, movement and weapon types we thought they would. Remember how we were hoping Claude would use an axe and Edelgard or Dimitri would use a dagger? We got none of that. And I say this as someone who pulled for all four Heroes. I like all four, but IS didn't try at all with them. Heck, I remember some people even predicting they'd wield the Archanean Regalia! 😕

14 hours ago, Othin said:

I also agree with this. Heck, I love FE8 and even I'd be annoyed if it got a clean sweep. It's why I said earlier that I hope IS adds a rule next year that limits how many reps each title can have to one per gender. At first I figured they'd only need to do it when FE17 comes out, but clearly 3H's cast is popular enough (which I think is a great thing) to pull off another sweep if fans rally enough (which is not so great)

13 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

This hurts to read xD Part of me worries she'll get pushed down to 5th place again by 3H next year and further by whatever new entry/ remake comes out the year after xD

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

As I said before, I suspect Rhea will have a surge of fans voting for her if she isn't added to FEH normally, on top of Marianne and Hapi or whatever other popular "waifus" are left. The male side will probably be more varied though. Since Dimitri and Claude got in, the only really popular "husbandos" I can think of are Felix, Yuri and maybe Dedue. Still, I'm still gunning for Eirika, as is probably obvious from my profile picture and signature 😛