Hapi for Next Choose your Legends?

TheChoZenOne

Personally, my guesses are that Felix and Marianne will get added before CYL5, and that Sigurd will probably go up in votes but not enough to win. If he stays without an alt until CYL6, maybe he could win that one, but I don't expect that to be the case. He's a good candidate for appearing alongside Dierdre on a Dancer, Valentine's Day, or Brides banner, and I also think he's fairly likely to get a legendary sometime in 2021.

I'm hoping Marth and Eirika finally get their time to shine, although I don't plan on voting for them. I think I'll put all my votes towards Salem, he's not likely to be on a New Heroes banner anytime soon but it could at least help him get a seasonal.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even consider Rhea as a potential contender until people brought her name up but looking back at this year's results I'm starting to see it now. Though personally I think Sothis is being slept on (no pun intended) as someone who could win CYL5 or at the very least get into the top 10. People seem to like her despite her limited role in the story and also scored well in CYL4 despite getting her regular self and a Winter alt beforehand.

While I don't want it to happen I wouldn't be surprised if Three Houses took all the top spots again, at least on the female side it looks like the Three Houses gals could easily take up the top 2 spots. Is Eirika really the only non-TH girl who has a chance next year? But I guess it can't be helped that people really like the women of Three Houses. At least on the male side Marth, Chrom, Robin and a few other guys look like they have a good chance in CYL5. Felix is probably biggest competition from TH if he is not added by then (but then again I must admit Mortal Savant Felix for CYL5 could be interesting).

Personally I would be happy if the results end up being Marth/Chrom/F!Byleth/Sothis or Marth/Felix/F!Byleth/Eirika. I'm fine with two winners being from Three Houses. Anymore than that would feel excessive to me.

Edited by NSSKG151

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Remember how we were hoping Claude would use an axe and Edelgard or Dimitri would use a dagger?

nope trust me. lol i was not hoping that. - a tonne of people weren't. (though people were hoping he'd be a dagger over a dumb mage cav)

Again. I'm personally fine with it. Brave Dimitri is different from Dimitri Prime. Legendary Dimitri will probably be more player phase (or even mix combat) than Brave, but not on a horse. Edelgard yeah. okay she's still an axe armour but unlike her other options she's like. completely capable of being on any team and not having to be by herself. Claude is only the 7th flying range we have and imo the most unique. I figure if Celica can mostly always be red and wielding a tome and a sword (remember she CAN use healing magic she could have been a staff for her Legendary alt).it's not the biggest of boo hoos that Dimitri is going to be 3 blue Lance units. or claude being an archer. (and he could probably be a coloured bow to be different, but who knows).

. It's why I said earlier that I hope IS adds a rule next year that limits how many reps each title can have to one per gender. At first I figured they'd only need to do it when FE17 comes out, but clearly 3H's cast is popular enough (which I think is a great thing) to pull off another sweep if fans rally enough (which is not so great)

honestly. i think this is silly. It's by popular vote though. I don't think they need to have a rule because some people don't like it, because clearly more people don't have an issue with it.  LIke.  I have a lot of issues with a lot of the community vote in things (ie: i don't think Legendaries/Mythics etc should be included in Hero Rises etc) yet I don't want IS to make a rule that it's NOT so. what my wants and desires are shouldn't impact the community (voting) as a whole 

Or what if IS makes that a rule,   but also goes "yeah because other people complained - anyone who has a Legendary will no longer be eligible for CYL voting" (which, I've seen people complain about for the record) - thus No Brave Marth and No Brave Eirika chances. That wouldn't be fair for those who want to see Eirika and Marth in now is it? 

I would argue the reason why a lot of CYL votes were 3H dominated wasn't so much because of recency bias (outside of the leaders) was because there were no three houses banners outside of Changing Winds at all.  Had they released Harmony amid Chaos even a few months earlier, It's probably Eirika vs Byleth  because i personally don't think Lysithea or Bernie are as high as they are. And a huge reason why i think they weren't is because people always kvetch about the Fates/Awakening barrage in the first two years, so maybe IS held back - but because of that a lot of people were like "damnit, lets just vote them all in."  which. They did. Thus regardless whatever happened people would have been  miserable and kvetch so.. 🤷‍♀️

quite frankly the only thing the game needs to do in ensure is that no one is botted in via just having the vote done via the game. (because i think a LOT of people, - including the winners) were botted in because a lot of those numbers are really, really high compared to last year, and I don't really care how popular Edelgard and Dimitri are - those are bonkers numbers. 

I think as "lazy" as it is - i like the end game art work - and maybe it's easy to do that vs. doing something completely different. then them going "Oh you know what we can have another Micaiah IN her end game costume" or Okay we can have a creative version on Edelgard here (to which i will admit out of everyone does get the shaft being 2* armour units etc), but we DO want to use the Final End game outfit, so we could stick her on a Banner like we did with Valentia Caria (which people complained about too)

My feeling is- by next January we'd probably have another 3H banner (normal) with a few seasonal alts sprinkled in which will dilute  the votes. 
It will probably be Marianne and Felix (depending on what they do w/marianne she'd probably share with Felix). Ignatz and Flayn? i dunno.  but mostly a Golden Deer rep. (They could also do church but that might be a while). I also expect a 3H Mythic to happen before January as well . Honestly i think on the women's side it's probably Byleth OR Sothis OR Rhea and Eirika.

Men's side i don't see it being 3H-y at all. I think it's Marth/Chrom/Robin (with Sigurd as a dark horse). 

My guesses would be

Male top options: Marth/Chrom/Robin/Sigurd/Seliph

Female top options: FByleth/Eirika/Plumeria/Freyja

As long as Hapi or w/e other 3H units aren't added to the game before the voting, maybe their total votes will be boosted like Bernie and Lysithea.

For the respective gender divisions, I'd like to see Marth and Eirika win.

I quite frankly couldn't see the Ashen Wolves DLC characters being eligible for voting in the next CYL poll if the Cipher DLC characters (Emma, Randal, Shade, and Yuzu) in Echoes weren't eligible for the past THREE (3) CYL polls (added to Echoes in 2017; should have been eligible for the 2018-2020 polls but never happened). Even when the Tokyo Mirage Sessions characters got added to the 2020 CYL poll, the Cipher DLC characters didn't.

Edited by Roflolxp54

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I quite frankly couldn't see the Ashen Wolves DLC characters being eligible for voting in the next CYL poll if the Cipher DLC characters (Emma, Randal, Shade, and Yuzu) in Echoes weren't eligible for the past THREE (3) CYL polls (added to Echoes in 2017; should have been eligible for the 2018-2020 polls but never happened).

I think I remember it was possible to vote for the Ashen Wolves members in that Voting Jubilee event so there is reason to believe people will be able to vote for them in CYL5 as well.

Edited by NSSKG151

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I would argue the reason why a lot of CYL votes were 3H dominated wasn't so much because of recency bias (outside of the leaders) was because there were no three houses banners outside of Changing Winds at all.

We had two 3H banners and GHBs before CYL. The one with the House leaders & Kronya and the one with Petra and Flame Emperor.

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

honestly. i think this is silly. It's by popular vote though. I don't think they need to have a rule because some people don't like it, because clearly more people don't have an issue with it.

Fair point. I think this ultimately comes back to whether the individual found this CYL boring or not, which everyone here clearly has differing opinions on 😛 I think it would have been nice if the 3H cast had been exempt from this year's CYL and debuted next year instead - both so that the Ashen Wolves could join in and also to cool the fandom's passion - but that obviously comes with its own can of worms.

2 hours ago, Azuni said:

Female top options: FByleth/Eirika/Plumeria/Freyja

urghhhhh...

I hate that I can see this happening. Even if Plumeria does nothing for the rest of Book 4 and Freyja turns out to be more generic than Surtr, people are going to vote for them for fanservice alone...

I quite frankly couldn't see the Ashen Wolves DLC characters being eligible for voting in the next CYL poll

Unlike the Cipher OCs though, the Wolves are much more fleshed out (and have larger fan followings to boot). I'm certain they'll be on the next poll.

I'd love to see this happen though, at long last. Yuri's probably going to rank high from recency bias, but unless someone else gets randomly boosted (be they old like Seliph or new like Felix) I think Marth finally has a CYL in the bag. Eirika's got the bigger challenge ahead of her due to there being more popular 3H women than men (and the aforementioned fanservice effect).

I quite frankly couldn't see the Ashen Wolves DLC characters being eligible for voting in the next CYL poll if the Cipher DLC characters (Emma, Randal, Shade, and Yuzu) in Echoes weren't eligible for the past THREE (3) CYL polls (added to Echoes in 2017; should have been eligible for the 2018-2020 polls but never happened). Even when the Tokyo Mirage Sessions characters got added to the 2020 CYL poll, the Cipher DLC characters didn't.

Ashen Wolves are canon characters. Cypher characters aren't. Pretty substantial difference.

We had two 3H banners and GHBs before CYL. The one with the House leaders & Kronya and the one with Petra and Flame Emperor.

read what i said again. 
What i said was we had no other banners outside of Changing Winds. (that's the 3H banner i was refering to). 

and I bet you anything if that banner had Lysithea instead of Hubert and Bernie instead of Petra - Lysithea and Bernie aren't that high up, and no, we're not having a "Brave Petra". instead. 

49 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Ashen Wolves are canon characters. Cypher characters aren't. Pretty substantial difference.

It's canon enough for intsys to make Fallen Ike based off Cipher. So if the game decides they wanna include Fire Emblem Warriors and Cipher into the game that's canon. 

I hate that I can see this happening. Even if Plumeria does nothing for the rest of Book 4 and Freyja turns out to be more generic than Surtr, people are going to vote for them for fanservice alone.

people are voting for whom they like. it's not always fanservice. - and even if it is - who cares. it's what they want. You are voting for Eirika because you like her as a fan. It doesn't matter if she has a story or she's the lord. YOU LIKE HER. noone is like "oh i hate to see Eirika win because it's just fanservice at this point because people think she's due." no. People want her to win because they like her. I like Freyja (and Plumeria mind you). and if i voted for them. it's because i A: like the fairies in general and want them in the game. B: i like their designs, and 😄personally don't think it's generic. (just like not everyone who votes for Eirika isn't only  thinking  about her traits - just more that: "Oh she's so kawaiiii ❤️❤️❤️ " 

So no. it's not fanservice alone. (i'm sorry if that sounds really harsh. but the fanservice argument really gets up my nose because it's like if anyone likes a character (OC or otherwise) that's not up to snuff it's just "pft. fan service" - and i don't think that's fair or right at all).

Edited by daisy jane

The 3H units that were in the game as of CYL4 were:

• Byleth F, Claude, Dimitri, Edelgard (Three Houses banner)
  • Byleth M (bonus)
  • Sothis (mythic)
  • Kronya (GHB)
  • Hilda, Hubert, Mercedes, Petra (Changing Winds banner)
  • Death Knight (GHB)
  • Winter Sothis (seasonal)

Flame Emperor was released alongside the March 2020 banner, not the August 2019 one.

Edited by Othin

The more I think about it the more I think will vote like last year. A favourite all the way with one exception for another favourite. I will go full for Rhea and will spare a vote for Freya. However, as an OC she will get decent treatment so I am not worried about her. She has a great and interesting character (favourite OC if I didn't make it clear) and if they don't mess things up in the ending she can place extremely well I think, especially since she wasn't in CYL4. Her competition will mainly be the new OCs.

Rhea on the other hand deserves justice. She scored extremely good on CYL despite being an NPC, she is also important to the lore and story of TH and is an amazing character but the best they could do is have her as Byleth's support? Even more agitating is that as Byleth's support she has the lines she had in-game, so they might treat her like they have archbishop Rhea in the game and ditch her. I think she deserves far more than that. TH will be a year and a half around the time CYL5 drops so I think caring about spoilers is not so important as most people are familiar with the story of TH, so for me they must merge the votes for her and Seiros as it devides votes that are given to the same person. Considering how many both got, if they were one she would be higher. I don't care that much about her being brave (especially since I don't see her having that big of a following to get 2nd, not saying brave Rhea would be a bad thing), as I care about her getting the treatment she deserves. It's nice to finally release the salt I had about the Summer Duo all this time. 

My actual expectations are for male, Marth 1st, Chrom/Seliph 2nd. For female it's hard to guess as many of the popular females, like the students are already in the game. But I expect Female Byleth 1st and Eirika 2nd. As much as I like Rhea I don't think she will get a brave (too bad if you ask me). 

Edited by SuperNova125

17 hours ago, daisy jane said:

people are voting for whom they like. it's not always fanservice. - and even if it is - who cares. it's what they want. You are voting for Eirika because you like her as a fan. It doesn't matter if she has a story or she's the lord. YOU LIKE HER. noone is like "oh i hate to see Eirika win because it's just fanservice at this point because people think she's due." no. People want her to win because they like her. I like Freyja (and Plumeria mind you). and if i voted for them. it's because i A: like the fairies in general and want them in the game. B: i like their designs, and 😄personally don't think it's generic. (just like not everyone who votes for Eirika isn't only  thinking  about her traits - just more that: "Oh she's so kawaiiii ❤️❤️❤️ " 

That's fair. I've just seen way too many comments reducing Plumeria and Freyja (especially on Reddit, but also on Youtube and even here) to just their looks that my mind immediately jumps to "they're only for fanservice" whenever they come up. For what it's worth, I think all the Dokkalfr could be interesting if Book 4 treats them well, but to me that hasn't happened yet. This is also why I raise an eyebrow whenever an OC does well immediately after their debut (which goes for Lif last year as well as Plumeria and Loki for CYLs 4 and 2).

17 hours ago, daisy jane said:

What i said was we had no other banners outside of Changing Winds. (that's the 3H banner i was refering to). 

and I bet you anything if that banner had Lysithea instead of Hubert and Bernie instead of Petra - Lysithea and Bernie aren't that high up, and no, we're not having a "Brave Petra". instead. 

Did you mean to say we haven't had any 3H banners after Changing Winds? I understand now! And you're right that Bernie and Lysithea being in that banner would have changed quite a bit come CYL.

16 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

My actual expectations are for male, Marth 1st, Chrom/Seliph 2nd. For female it's hard to guess as many of the popular females, like the students are already in the game. But I expect Female Byleth 1st and Eirika 2nd.

I'd be happy with this. I think Yuri also has a shot at second place next year and the women's division is always a bloodbath - and this isn't even considering Freyja and whoever else shows up in Book 5 (purely for fanservice reasons or not) - but this'd be a nice roster. Though obviously I'd prefer Eirika in 1st place after waiting so many years for her 😛 I wonder if Byleth would get a "Rule" Skill. Huh.

Edited by DefyingFates

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

That's fair. I've just seen way too many comments reducing Plumeria and Freyja (especially on Reddit, but also on Youtube and even here) to just their looks that my mind immediately jumps to "they're only for fanservice" whenever they come up. For what it's worth, I think all the Dokkalfr could be interesting if Book 4 treats them well, but to me that hasn't happened yet. This is also why I raise an eyebrow whenever an OC does well immediately after their debut (which goes for Lif last year as well as Plumeria and Loki for CYLs 4 and 2).

I don't think Freyja is that fancervicy especially with that massive dress she wears. I personally like her because of her design/art and her goat form is really original. Also she is interesting as a character and now that Freyr is gone if the ending isn't as rushed, she will get the chance to develop even more. Though I see your point as the new OCs always score well and one always is on top 10 (Loki, Lif, Plumeria). Most of the time however by the next CYL they drop quite a lot as they aren't the new exciting thing. However Freyja I think has real potential to score very well. Until June she wasn't even a thing so this will be her first CYL and if the women of book 5 aren't as striking as Plumeria or Loki then with proper treatment from now on she can get a really good spot. 

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I'd be happy with this. I think Yuri also has a shot at second place next year and the women's division is always a bloodbath - and this isn't even considering Freyja and whoever else shows up in Book 4 (purely for fanservice reasons or not) - but this'd be a nice roster. Though obviously I'd prefer Eirika in 1st place after waiting so many years for her 😛 I wonder if Byleth would get a "Rule" Skill. Huh.

I'd we have another TH banner that features Marriane, Felix and/or some Ahen wolves then I believe Female Byleth is the only 3H character that might even be at top 5. If Yuri isn't featured perhaps he could try for the second place, Marth this year is a lock for the first place. The only thing I am certain about is that a Brave Byleth would have Snow Mercurius and would be a sword infantry or flier (because Sothis allows her to fly and there are way too many sword infantries). 

45 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I don't think Freyja is that fancervicy especially with that massive dress she wears.

I see you were spared the barrage of "Freyja best girl" and "Dokkalfheimr were the good guys all along" posts on reddit when that trailer was teased. Teased! It didn't even come out yet!

46 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Most of the time however by the next CYL they drop quite a lot as they aren't the new exciting thing.

Except Loki, who's always in the top 10. I've talked about how much I hate her before and you can probably tell why from my earlier comments, so I'll skip over that here 😛

47 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

The only thing I am certain about is that a Brave Byleth would have Snow Mercurius and would be a sword infantry or flier (because Sothis allows her to fly and there are way too many sword infantries).

The weapon is a given. The outfit depends on which Byleth is chosen for the Legendary alt: if M!Byleth gets it, then F!Byleth will just get her Enlightened One outfit.

Or the Sothis Regalia, now that I think about it. Both as a nod to Sothis and for...obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, SSbardock84 said:

I might vote for Constance, but she'd be the only one from Ashen Wolves I'd vote for.

But she's like the worst one 😭 (jokes aside) I don't really like Constance. Least fave of the 4 tbh.

I wouldn’t mind her having a brave spot next year. But I don’t see the Ashen Wolves clicks as much as I expected. I’m still voting for silly Bernie tho

I think we had enough Three Houses winners for a while. I can't estimate exactly how much the "houseshype" will affect the event.
But I think that Houses will be weakened at this point. Whereby, the ashen wolves are newer than the
other houses characters, so Hapi could have a chance.
During CYL5, I will vote primarily for Eirika, maybe a bit for Marth too.

31 minutes ago, Morswo said:

I can't estimate exactly how much the "houseshype" will affect the event.

for popular characters not in Heroes yet, such as Felix and Marianne, i'd say it's quite high

remember, this very same "i'll vote for this character so that IS recognizes his/her popularity and adds him/her" mentality is what let Lysithea get 2nd place in CYL4 Women's division, even though she already was 300% sure to get added soon, which of course happened extremely shortly after CYL4 was over

it honestly wouldn't surprise me if IS was purposely keeping Felix, Marianne and the likes from getting added in FEH to have them potentially rank 1st or 2nd in CYL5 and have an "easier job" for their """brave" alts

of course, this is all pure speculation coming from me, so take it with a grain of salt
what i wanted to say, in short, is: i hope IS releases another 3H New Heroes Banner with popular characters so that we don't have another Lysithea case

Edited by Yexin

3 minutes ago, Morswo said:

During CYL5, I will vote primarily for Eirika, maybe a bit for Marth too.

Yay! This makes me happy 😛

2 hours ago, Morswo said:

I can't estimate exactly how much the "houseshype" will affect the event.

Oh, it'll definitely still be there, especially with people trying to get their favourites who aren't already in FEH into it. The women's side especially is going to be a bloodbath, I can already tell; with Byleth and Rhea chief among them, I'm sure. I may be wrong, but I think people are sleeping on Yuri too: he seems very popular, from what I've seen (especially when paired with M!Byleth).

2 hours ago, Yexin said:

what i wanted to say, in short, is: i hope IS releases another 3H New Heroes Banner with popular characters so that we don't have another Lysithea case

Same here. I know this point has been brought up several times already, but I hope we get a more diverse roster next year, but I'm sure there's bound to be one or two 3H reps in CYL 5 too. I still love the majority of the cast, but after a clean sweep like this year's..?

I am very happy people think that Rhea is a strong contender but last year she finished 17th on women's division if I am not mistaken. Can she truly make a miracle like this happen? Like everyone said things will be really different if we have someone like Felix and Marrianne in the game. Regardless Marth must be at 1st position and Rhea should get to top 10 women. 

15 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I am very happy people think that Rhea is a strong contender but last year she finished 17th on women's division if I am not mistaken. Can she truly make a miracle like this happen?

I think she's popular enough that people will vote just to get her into the game if she isn't already. I hope it doesn't come to that.