Nintendo's Indie World Showcase (18/08/20)

Punished Dayni

I hadn't seen it come up here yet, so I just thought I'd link up Ninty's indie direct they were talking about. Quite a bit in here actually, clocks over 20 minutes and only one part was an update to a released game as far as I know.

A bunch are out today (e.g. Spiritfarer, Raji, A Short Hike), while most of the rest are next year (most notably Subnautica). Also, Bear and Breakfast is a game I could never play, being that's it's too real to me.

Personally, I just hope Untitled Goose Game gets a price I'll jump right on after this update and physical release.

If I was into Indie games then almost everything being available for sale right away would likely made me quite happy. I know I was interested in Hades when first seeing it so I might eventually check that out. Its Cerberus is adorable.

Still I can't shake the feeling that Nintendo repeatedly doing mini, partner or indie directs with no ''real'' direct in sight means they just don't have anything to show themselves for the rest of the year. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Glancing around at reactions, I feel like I'm the only person in the world bummed out about the no show of Axiom Verge 2. That game is still slated for release this year, and as far as we know only releasing for Switch because it was announced at one of these indie directs. It's a big deal, but it's buried beneath hype for fall guys and Silksong. Neither of which made an appearance either.

Despite not getting what I was hoping for, I was impressed by both Raji and Evergate, which are already out. As well as Garden Story which looks like cute wholesome fun.

Edited by Glennstavos

24 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Ok but no Battalion Wars (not that ever was indie anyways) so direct bad.

Someone else who has played these, yay! May our wishes for a third game be carried to the heavens in glorious Tundran Gunships!

----

I am concerned the well of new releases has dried for Nintendo this year. Even before COVID hit, I thought that after say February that Nintendo was out of titles coming out. Why the drought Nintendo? You knew this was coming.

As for Indies, I've never given them much of a chance, something about them keeps me from abandoning the big names in the industry and trying out a lot of the little guys.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Someone else who has played these, yay! May our wishes for a third game be carried to the heavens in glorious Tundran Gunships!

For the heavens I would use the Anglo Isles FIghters 😛

Edited by This boi uses Nino