If Radiant Dawn had Three Houses styled Gaidens

After Three Houses came out there were a few topics in the trend of ''what if x game had Three House styled Gaidens''. But no one asked the question: What if Radiant Dawn had Three House styled Gaidens? What sort of side story would certain duo's find themselves involved in?

Titania and Shinon: Against the Black Knight

Titania was very close to Greil and Shinon really respected him. It would make sense for them to have strong feelings against his killer. During the march against Daein Ike's army corners Micaiah's army which prompts the Black Knight to appear in order to bail her out. Micaiah flees and BK takes over her position as the chapter boss. To win the chapter you must defeat the Black Knight. Additional dialogue is given if Titania or Shinon face him. The ending cutscene is the two of them taking him on and doing a fine enough job of impressing the knight. Before warping away the Black Knight tells Titania he admired Greil too. 

Tormod and Sigrun: Saving the Apostle

Would Etrurian Emperor root for a paralogue purely to explain Tormod's absence? Yes I would. 

The Holy Guard finds out where Sanaki is being held and enlist the Laguz Emancipation army for their help. Due to it being an event that takes place off screen normally just about every unit from part 3 is unavailable. Your units are Sigrun, Tanith and team Tormod. The point of the mission is to save Sanaki from her cell and reach the escape point. At the end Tormod and the others stay behind in order for Sanaki and the guard to escape, after which the LEA resolve to create as much mayhem as possible within Begnion's borders.  Lekain is a bit of a troll so the chapter could also end with him smugly revealing to a distraught Tormod that he's a senator himself and that his dad was Muarim's abusive owner.    

Micaiah and Nolan: Old wounds

The two leaders of the Dawn brigade teaming up makes sense. During part 1 Nolan tracks down the merchant who conned him out all of his money during his merchant day. Micaiah tries insisting to Nolan that revenge won't make him any happier. When they find the merchant bandits end up arriving to collect the debt of the merchant and Micaiah convinces Nolan to help defend the merchant. One the mission is over its revealed Nolan wasn't planning to kill the merchant, just blackmailing him into funding the rebels with every last coin he has. 

Edward and Leonardo: Homecoming
The junior members of the Dawn Brigade teaming up makes sense. Edward and leonardo arrive and Leonardo's mansion to find it occupied by Begnion troops. The ensuing mission is to kick them out and give Leonardo his house back. At the end of the mission Leonardo's nervous about the class difference between him and Edward being so obvious, but Edward is Edward and thus doesn't even notice it. 

Sothe and Tormod: This is your fault!

During part 1 the best friends are reunited once more. During Sothe's mission to sneak into a prison Tormod tags along to prove he no longer ''snaps twigs and makes a lot of noise''. The two bicker and ironically its Sothe's angry outburst that gets them detected. The two buddies must now quickly reach the escape point before being overwhelmed and killed. The playable units are just the two of them so in order to progress they must open cells and release the prisoners for additional manpower. The prisoners reaching the escape point too gives bonus experience. Once safely back at camp the buddies end up bickering who's fault the whole mess was. 

Soren and Skrimir: Mind and Might
Pairing these two makes sense. The relation between these two is important in part 3 and Soren being so unwilling to give the lion the time of day would make for amusing interaction. During a battle the two are separated and end up on the opposite end of the map than the main army. They must reunite but the Begnion army is between them. Soren gets easily killed by most enemies and while Skrimir can take on most enemies there are some anti Laguz units that Soren must take out before they kill Skrimir. The two working together is now a gameplay mechanic that must be used to have both characters get out of this alive. 

Okay, First thing, I don’t think they would work as well here as they do in 3H. I’m not try to be mean, but RD characters are far more... interconnected... I think that’s the right word. 
But! I would like to see some of them too.

Like a Mia and Lucia one where we find out why Mia seems to completely tune Lucia out. Or maybe a Rhys and Titania one to flesh out their relationship.A Lyre and Gatre paralogue, Lyre desperately needs some more personality and time to show it, plus she doesn’t seem to mind Gatre’s flirting. And one for @FabulouslyOlivier where you see Bastian, Geoffrey and Volke finding and capturing Renning.

Edited by ciphertul

I agree with ciphertul honestly, but a thought for a Part 2 gaiden right before the ending.

Nephenee and Heather: Country Roads

A simple map where the duo lead an ambush of Ludveck's supply caravan that is coming for Elincia's head. They have a few other units in Callil, Lethe and Mordecai helping out, but no fliers or the knights means both have better mobility in the woods that the road you're attacking cross through but are also more vulnerable as well. This map tests how you use transformation and taking advantage of the terrain to minimise damage from enemies. The goal is to take out the supply train that's moving up the hill, with the more taken out the less well equipped the enemies get in Elincia's Gambit. Character wise it gives us more time with the main two, gives some chances for Nephenee and Callil to interact again after PoR and Lethe and Mordecai getting the chance to interact with people they usually don't. The end would lead with them escaping back to the fort and reporting how successful they were.

Brom and Heather. Force Heather to interact with the man who helped recruit her and expand her character beyond being the token lesbian that hates men.

Meg and Zihark. Flesh out the relationship and have Meg come to a "Faye-like" conclusion/acceptance about Zihark not having romantic feelings towards her.

Nephenee and Calill. They had some nice supports in PoR, plus I dunno who else Calill could pair with.

Astrid and Makalov. The pairing sucks, but if you're set on pushing it, IS, at least give us some kind of reason for it.

Caineghis and Elincia. I don't have much reasoning other than I feel like they'd pair super well for a gaiden chapter.

It's been long enough since I played Radiant Dawn that I'm probably forgetting all sorts of canon details that make all of these impossible, but here goes anyway.

Jill and Haar: Haar is contacted by one of the survivors who once served under Shiharam. He is now shunned by both Daein and Begnion for his role in the mad king's war, and turns to his old Captain for help.

Lucia and Heather: Bastian needs some information from one of Heather's underworld contacts, but Heather wanrs him that her contact won't speak to men, so he sends Lucia instead. Hilarity ensues.

Fiona and Tauroneo: Lanvega never spoke to his daughter about his time as one of the Four Riders. Tauroneo takes her on a mission to explain why, and recover a lost weapon.

On 8/20/2020 at 5:07 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

BK takes over her position as the chapter boss. To win the chapter you must defeat the Black Knight.

You'd have to nerf the Black Knight significantly, since he's a max level tier three unit with stats to match and an insta-kill move, and neither Titania or Shinon would be anywhere near that level (and even they were tier three, Sol and Deadeye get Nihil'd into uslessness).

Also, screw duos, RD needs a gaiden where all three of Tormod, Muarim and Vika fight laguz bandits or something, just so they're useable without having to do prep work in Part 1.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

On 8/21/2020 at 11:42 AM, NinjaMonkey said:

You'd have to nerf the Black Knight significantly, since he's a max level tier three unit with stats to match and an insta-kill move, and neither Titania or Shinon would be anywhere near that level (and even they were tier three, Sol and Deadeye get Nihil'd into uslessness).

Also, screw duos, RD needs a gaiden where all three of Tormod, Muarim and Vika fight laguz bandits or something, just so they're useable without having to do prep work in Part 1.

I imagine he would have a heavy debuff during the battle for using the Powder, and maybe you don't actually need to kill him, but to make his HP go below certain threshold.

Edited by Troykv

3 hours ago, Troykv said:

and maybe you don't actually need to kill him, but to make his HP go below certain threshold

The post that I replied to said "defeat the Black Knight", and he isn't defeated if he has 1 HP left.

3 hours ago, Troykv said:

I imagine he would have a heavy debuff during the battle for using the Powder

Except he warps onto the map during Chapter 4-3 (presumably using the powder) and yet isn't debuffed in the slighest.

On 8/20/2020 at 12:07 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

Titania and Shinon: Against the Black Knight

Titania was very close to Greil and Shinon really respected him. It would make sense for them to have strong feelings against his killer. During the march against Daein Ike's army corners Micaiah's army which prompts the Black Knight to appear in order to bail her out. Micaiah flees and BK takes over her position as the chapter boss. To win the chapter you must defeat the Black Knight. Additional dialogue is given if Titania or Shinon face him. The ending cutscene is the two of them taking him on and doing a fine enough job of impressing the knight. Before warping away the Black Knight tells Titania he admired Greil too. 

It is OoC for Micaiah to just flee while the rest of the army is still fighting. You can have her faint but she's already fainted twice in part 3 so it risks making her look too weak when she's already at her lowest in part 3. I think we need to know what Naesala was doing between his betrayal and Sanaki's release. The writers forget that he exists during mid part 3. Same with Nealuchi. 

Make the massacre of Phoenicis a paralogue map or another mission where Nealuchi and Naesala assist Begnion due to the threat of the blood pact.