Greetings! Nothing to report!

wrecks

Hello all. I'm new here. Nice to meet you.

I've been playing FE since I was literally 8 years old (Blazing Blade represent) and have recently gotten back into it. I'm currently replaying Fates, in the thick of a Hard/Classic Conquest run and saw that you guys have a lot of great advice so I figured I'd join up. 

Looking forward to seeing you all around!

6 minutes ago, wrecks said:

I've been playing FE since I was literally 8 years old (Blazing Blade represent) and have recently gotten back into it. I'm currently replaying Fates, in the thick of a Hard/Classic Conquest run and saw that you guys have a lot of great advice so I figured I'd join up. 

Hello! Based on the title, i see we have a fellow gatekeeper fan.

51 minutes ago, Emmy said:

The only reason he couldn't join my house is because he was too OP... what a great guy, that gatekeeper...

42 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hey hey! Welcome to the forest, and we hope you'll enjoy your stay!

Thank you thank you! Any favorite parts of the forest you can recommend?

41 minutes ago, DarkSage861 said:

Makes the two of us, just watch out for the hate bandwagon of Fates 

Reveal hidden contents

or just the neckbeards in general 

Oh, I'm well aware of the fan consensus re: Fates. I still have a great personal love of the games despite their many... many... many faults. Good luck with your runs. Let's do a battle when I get to Revelations.

Spoiler

If I feared neckbeards, I would have retired long ago. Thank you for the advice.

No worries, friend. I definitely recommend playing Awakening before Fates, anyway. 

I made many dumb decisions in college and one of them just happened to be dropping $80 or whatever it cost back then on all three Fates games. It worked out for me, because i like Fates' gameplay and characters better than Awakening's shhhh don't tell anyone , but you don't know until you try. Awakening's story is waaaaay better though. Especially for the price.

1 minute ago, wrecks said:

Cough cough my LP cough cough

Wherever you like discussion! Forum Games is pretty nice right now, though! The last Teehee wins thread in particular is quite nice.

Also, being a true elitist, I would recommend that you try out Berwick Saga when you get the time! The translation patch was just released this year, so it's a good time to be an elitist FE fan!

I have literally never heard of Berwick Saga but I'm definitely going to look into it. Just from a glance it looks extremely my shit. Thanks for the rec!

God, I love forum LPs. I'm so glad they're alive and well around here. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 2.48.35 PM.png

Ngl, I laughed. Okay. I'm in.

Edited by wrecks

Welcome to the Forest! Glad to have you here!

2 hours ago, wrecks said:

Any favorite parts of the forest you can recommend?

Forum Games. It's where I spend most of my time on SF, just chatting and relaxing.

Basically what Benice said above. The Last Teehee Wins is a good place to just chat about whatever you want.

Oh, I'm well aware of the fan consensus re: Fates. I still have a great personal love of the games despite their many... many... many faults.

Nice to see someone who loves Fates. That's a less common opinion to have on the forums.

I actually liked Birthright, tbh. Not so much Conquest and Revelations.

i like Fates' gameplay and characters better than Awakening's shhhh don't tell anyone

I agree, gameplay-wise. Awakening is a bit broken unless you avoid using pair-up. Fates is better balanced in that way.

1 hour ago, FireFenrir said:

Hello wrecks! Nice to meet you! Welcome to the Forest!

Well then, who can dislike gatekeeper eh? He is so nice!!

He is! Just a little spot of happiness after every chapter! The true hero of Fódlan helps Byleth carry on!

image.png.51013c5bf8446571846659d35ef6f106.png

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

The Last Teehee Wins is a good place to just chat about whatever you want.

*immediately begins lurking*

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

I actually liked Birthright, tbh. Not so much Conquest and Revelations.

I feel you right now. I think Birthright's story is lacking, but the gameplay and the maps are fun and satisfying and they don't have to be more than that.

I know people do crazy Ironman runs on these forums, but I gotta say... this is my first Hard/Classic run of Conquest and it's starting to drag. I'm on the Windmills chapter and it's kicking my ass. I don't know how people do it without grinding. Someday I'll be strong enough to attempt a lunatic run. Someday......

6 hours ago, Emmy said:

5 hours ago, wrecks said:

The only reason he couldn't join my house is because he was too OP... what a great guy, that gatekeeper...

Y'know, every time I see these, nobody mentions the Abysskeeper... Dude barely gets any social contact and when he does, they have to leave.

Welcome!! Very clever title btw 👌🏻

5 hours ago, Emmy said:

I want fates but i'm broke so i'm buying awakening because it's cheaper... Nothing against fates though.

If you have a computer, most of the early FEs are very easy to emulate for free :3 (Fates isn’t the best game for a newcomer anyway imo (despite how much it likes to pretend so bIrThRiGhT))

19 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Y'know, every time I see these, nobody mentions the Abysskeeper... Dude barely gets any social contact and when he does, they have to leave.

aNd he falls in love with the dude, don’t @ me

31 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Y'know, every time I see these, nobody mentions the Abysskeeper...

12 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

aNd he falls in love with the dude, don’t @ me

I haven't played the DLC yet! Cursory research reveals that the Abysskeeper and his boyfriend are truly THE power couple of 3H though. 

8 hours ago, wrecks said:

Welcome to the forest!

21 minutes ago, Fates-Blade said:

Welcome to the forest!

Thank you thank you!

19 minutes ago, Integrity said:

what's up and how's it going bud

Currently enjoying a nice day off. Doing pretty good, yourself?

7 hours ago, wrecks said:

I have literally never heard of Berwick Saga but I'm definitely going to look into it. Just from a glance it looks extremely my shit. Thanks for the rec!

I will mention that it's quite difficult and is different from a standard FE game in lots of ways-I'd recommend reading an LP or using a guide online to get a grasp of the new mechanics.

7 hours ago, wrecks said:

God, I love forum LPs. I'm so glad they're alive and well around here. 

Yeah, there's lots of great ones 'round here! Hope you find some that you like.

7 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

I think in Crimson Flower he gets a more permanent companion but I don't remember off the top of my head.

I haven’t played crimson flower since I got the dlc (because I keep forgetting to replace my charger lol) so I can’t help you out there

On 8/20/2020 at 11:59 AM, wrecks said:

Oh, I'm well aware of the fan consensus re: Fates. I still have a great personal love of the games despite their many... many... many faults. Good luck with your runs. Let's do a battle when I get to Revelations.

Reveal hidden contents

If I feared neckbeards, I would have retired long ago. Thank you for the advice.

I also have some love of the games as well aside from some of that as well. And I would love to do a battle as well considering I'm getting to Revelations very soon

• 2 weeks later...