If you were the only person voting in CYL5, who would win?

Mercakete

CYL5 is already being talked about, and it made me curious about what everyone's ideal lineups would be. Basically, pick who would win first and second place in the men's and women's divisions according to your taste. Only rules are that none of them can have already won CYL in the past (any form. So, for example, PoR Ike won the men's division in year 1. So, I can't say RD Ike in this list, because an Ike already won.) You can even list characters here that aren't available for voting in the regular CYL! Feel free to go in as much detail as you want, too! (Special weapons/skills, movement types, which artist would draw them, titles, who their costumes would be based on, etc.)

My own list would look like this:

Men's Division

1. Ashe (3H) - having come into his own as a knight, and in particular, a blue tome cav as a Holy Knight, fighting in the name of Lenato and in the service of King Dimitri.

2. Fernand (SoV) - Fernand's lance is an actual lance in SoV, but blue is already covered by Ashe, and lance cavs are already all over the place. I still think he should be cavalry unit, though. Let's give him a red bow and as for his design, armor that represents the Valentia under Alm and Celica's rule.

This was tough for me since there are a lot of dudes who I'd love to see in Heroes, and CYL is a great way to get them in. For example, I considered Gate Guard (from 3H), since he was voiced extremely well, and every month in that game I would be all excited to talk to him. He's great and I'd love to see him make an appearance in FEH! Another who almost made the list was Franz (from FE8) - Sword cav (in reference to his A support with Amelia), having grown into his role as a knight of Renais. Perhaps wearing armor either inspired by Seth, or in spired by Forde. Others I considered were Nils (I'd love to see him all grown up), Soren, Lif, Bruno, Berkut, Raijiaon (sp?), and Griel. (Edit: I also considered Gustav from FEH. It'd be neat to see either a younger version of him, as he's described in book 3, an alive combat version of him with an outfit based Alfonse's (not much of a jump there) or an undead version of him with a look similar to Lif's.)

I chose Ashe because he's a personal favorite, and Fernand because he's unplayable and because he has a great story arc that often goes ignored. Edit: Also, actually, I wouldn't be opposed to a high-Res Ashe with a Res superboon, and only chose a tome for variety's sake, but if he could wield a spear with DC built in, that would be awesome. =D (Probably mainly because he makes a great mage-killer as a Holy Knight because of his crazy res and his favoring lances. He even has a hidden talent for lances.)

Women's Division

1. Elena (FE9) - Infantry staff. Her staff or a skill should have either something to do with the medallion, or her extreme amount of order (as per the Herons and Ashera.) Her son already has an outfit based on her husband, so I'd love to see her outfit be based on Ike's.

2. Almedha (FE10) - green dragon unit. Making her a manakete makes sense to me since she could probably learn how to use a dragonstone. Her outfit should be based on Ashnard's. I think this would be pretty cool. They could really make something neat with that.

It's no secret that every year I dump as many votes to Elena as I possibly can. She has never been in an FE game outside of flashbacks, which means you don't get to see interactions with her much, let alone play with her. Plus, I would LOVE to see her interact with Ike, Mist, and Valentine's Griel, and to see how the rest of the mercenaries are doing. I also think that seeing Almedha and Elena have a talk after seeing how everyone is doing nowadays would be really interesting.

Edit: Where are all these TT/GHB units coming from? They don't meet the specifications. I mean, I guess I won't stop you, but that was never the intent. JUST the 1st and 2nd place winners for the men's division and women's division.

Edit: (Why do I have to say this?) NO DUO UNITS! You pick 1 character. Duo units are 2.

Edited by Mercakete

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds fun let me see.

Men: 

!st: Elphin my favorite FE character out of all of them so he will be first.  He would wield Aurreola as a blue mage and have a sing skill as good as L!Azura he would be armor since he is blind.  He would be dressed in royal grab since he would be the Elphin after Binding Blade's story finished.

2nd: Balthus He would have his heroes relic as his weapon and his war monk class and he would be colorless infantry.

Women:

1st: Vika she would be a green raven Laguz and I am not sure what her outfit would look like, but it would be after the end of Radiant Dawn so maybe she would wear a nice dress.

2nd: Orochi would be red mage and in the Basara class.

I’ll pitch in, even though I don’t play Heroes anymore.
Women’s Division:

-Tiki (Awakening): I always was one to put in votes for this character. She’s always been the old go-to for S-supporting with Robin in Awakening (after a briefer time when Nowi had that role in my early teenage years). I’ll basically make her a flying (or infantry, or resident armor) Blue version of Nagi with better stuff to go with it. The concept would be her taking the role as Divine Dragon, like she did in the Future Past DLC in Awakening. Art would be done by Wada Sachiko or Yusuke Kozaki.

-Marianne (Three Houses): So she can have a Brave Alt with her kingly husband, Dimitri
In all seriousness, it was far for difficult to come up with a second place contender, so I went with my safest bet and one of my favorites from Three Houses. She would be a Sword Cavalier wielding Blutgang, although some sort of variation of Aura would work, too, if her regular version already has it. So, post time-skip Marianne as a Holy Knight, astride on Dorte. Art would be done by Tobi, I guess.

Other considerations included Jill and... that’s it, really. Could have thought of Felicia or Hilda or someone else, but I never did think of anyone else much.

Men’s Division:

-Marth: I’d just break the cycle. Staff Infantry to reference Celice, have his art done by Daisuke Izuka, and blammo, he’s done.

-Felix (Three Houses): Another safe pick. Considering I’ve done two entries in the Write Your Butt Off thread revolving around this guy, I’d say I like him enough to have him take a spot here. Green Bow Infantry seems like the only thing I’d do for him, possibly with something to reference Hunter’s Volley. Have his art done by Fujisaka Kimihiko to suit his edge.

Other considerations were Male Robin, and that’s it.

Men's division:
1) Makalov (man doesn't deserve all the hate he gets)

2) Levin

Women's division:
1) Rhea

2) Elena (Brave dancer maybe???)

For me:

Men

Forrest: Heirs of fates with Brynhild or a unique tome

Marth: Warriors promotion.

Women

Brigid

Lilina: Armads lilina from cipher

Edited by Bankai

If is was just me since they consider each version of her a different person Anna would take both top 2 spots on the female side because I'm selfish like that and to make up what happened during CYL3. Doesn't matter to me if it's Anna from Awakening, Fates, Heroes, Three Houses or even Warriors if that game has allowed in CYL. If two Annas isn't an acceptable answer than I would say Tiki (Awakening) since she is my second favorite and it would be interesting to see what they would do with a dragon character for a Brave alt.

For males I am not really sure who I would pick since I am usually never really interested on what happens on the male side during CYL but I guess I will say Marth and Chrom even if that is likely to actually happen next year though seeing Reinhardt win CYL would also would interesting just because Reinhardt Emblem would actually be possible.

So my final answer is...

Female: 1st Place- Fates Anna, 2nd Place- Heroes Anna (or Awakening Tiki)

Males: 1st Place- Marth, 2nd Place- Chrom (or Reinhardt)

4 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

If is was just me since they consider each version of her a different person Anna would take both top 2 spots on the female side because I'm selfish like that and to make up what happened during CYL3. Doesn't matter to me if it's Anna from Awakening, Fates, Heroes, Three Houses or even Warriors if that game has allowed in CYL. If two Annas isn't an acceptable answer than I would say Tiki (Awakening) since she is my second favorite and it would be interesting to see what they would do with a dragon character for a Brave alt.

For males I am not really sure who I would pick since I am usually never really interested on what happens on the male side during CYL but I guess I will say Marth and Chrom even if that is likely to actually happen next year though seeing Reinhardt win CYL would also would interesting just because Reinhardt Emblem would actually be possible.

So my final answer is...

Female: 1st Place- Fates Anna, 2nd Place- Heroes Anna (or Awakening Tiki)

Males: 1st Place- Marth, 2nd Place- Chrom (or Reinhardt)

It's canon that the Annas are all different people, so I'll go ahead and say that's allowed for the purposes of this...game? Poll? Structured daydreaming? I'm not sure what this thread actually is, as far as category goes. XD

If we're talking about our dream CYLs...

1st Place: Lyon and Eirika.

Eirika would use FE8's Excalibur (the remaining Sacred Twin from Magvel) and be an infantry Green mage, Lyon would use a Light Tome wielder and be from an AU where he didn't succumb to the Dark Stone and switched proficiencies. He could be infantry too, but let's make him armored for variety and as a reference to him being a boss in FE8 🙂

2nd Place: Yuri and Hapi.

Hapi would be a Valkyrie with Dark Magic while Yuri would be a colorless archer with a Magic Bow, specifically an Assassin. Yeah, Trickster would make more sense, but I'm hoping he's added as a regular Trickster unit instead. That said, I am curious if IS would give him the Fetters of Droni if he got first place: a conditional self-sufficient 3 Mov on an infantry unit would be pretty crazy.

Edited by DefyingFates

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm just saying... if Marth loses again, something's going to be set on fire.

Like...an emblem?

In all seriousness, please play the game described in the OP if you're going to post here. 🙂

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

Like...an emblem?

In all seriousness, please play the game described in the OP if you're going to post here. 🙂

How did you know?!

As for who would win, it would be:

Men:

1) Marth

2) Robin

Women: 

1) Tiki

2) Nyna

Brave Lovers

Forging Bonds - Loyal hearts from across the worlds gather to share romantic advice with likeminded heroes.

GHB - Orson - Twisted Lover

Mens Division

Bastian, Brave Man of Culture

Outfit is based on Lucia's color scheme. 

Infantry Green tome

Poetic Voice (Sing/Dance)

Arvis - Brave Emperor

"The things I do for love."

Armored Red Tome

Outfit is based around Deirdre

Women's Division

Ninian - Brave Dancer

Outfit based on Eliwood.

Colorless breath refresher

Cordelia - Brave and Broken

Outfit based on Chrom

Comes from an alternate future in which she marries Chrom, but he dies when Grima rises. She grafts the broken Falchion onto a lance.

Flying Lance

Weapon - Falchion Lance

Keeping my choices relatively realistic. I don't want any lords, but I'll keep it to characters at least popular enough to occupy the 1-200 bracket in your typical CYL event. I make no such promise of realism regarding their skillsets, however.

1) Titania - I'm going to be a massive hypocrite here and keep her class as an axe cavalry. Instead of the weird support unit she is now though, I'll go for the biggest gap in my barracks: a powerhouse Galeforce destroyer. What happens when you cross Legendary Leif with Legendary Edelgard? Decent people shouldn't think too much about that.

2) Reinhardt - You know he already has red, blue and green Brave weapons in the game, so it's pretty obvious what's needed. Dire Physic - unit heals twice. And what Brave weapon type is missing? A Brave dagger. Give it the Blade effect, it's about time.

3) Palla - You know the Triangle Attack, now meet the Ranged Triangle Attack. Same condition, but with her blue bow it will be much easier to activate. It will be glorious!

4) Nils - Red cavalry dragon dancer instrumentalist. Yes, it is time. I shall watch the world, or at least Arena, burn!

Edited by Humanoid

For Men

Klein - Brave Nobleman

Probably could either take after his mother or father and be a Sniper/Sage

if he was a sniper, he'd probably be colorless or blue, I'd still want him to keep his brave bow from his base version, but maybe give it NFU and the extra charge per attack like bold fighter

If he was a Mage, he'd probably be blue or green, I'd want him to have something like "Tome of Reglay" that's based of Fimbulvetr's animation, and i'd have no idea what that prf would do

Tormod - Brave Mage

Based more off his Archsage outfit from Radiant Dawn, probably would be the red mage, or colorless mage if somehow he can't be red

Would end up coming with Rexflame, which would probably have something to do with his celerity and probably also have a skill that would allow laguz to transform near him

-------

For Females

Laevatein - Brave Queen

Would be based off of the ending of book 2 where she takes the throne of muspell

Probably would be gen 5 laevatein, probably still get her base effect of laevatein, with some major extras. Weapon would probably be called "Blazing Laevatein"

Marisa - Brave Flash

Either based off Gerik, Tethys, or based of her swordmaster promotion

Probably would be the meh swordie that gets added, or they could make her based off her assassin promotion

if based off Gerik, probably would be an axe, if tethys, probably a blue dagger, or if off her assassin, still a blue dagger

Men:

1) Stahl: Brave Apothecary (Staff Infantry)--Sasashima Suisei

"My father is an apothecary. I learned a thing or two about medicine from him." Stahl uses the skills his father and brother to help people all across Ylisse.

2) Ashe: Lord of Gaspar (Lance Cavalier)--Yamada Kotaro

Succeeding his adoptive father Lonato as the lord of Gaspard, Ashe is unsure how to govern, but nevertheless, the young knight strives to do what's best for his people.

Women: 

1) Robin: Brave Grandmaster (Levin Sword Infantry/Flier)--Tobi

Having saved the world from Grima, Robin is regarded a legendary tactician across the world.

(2) Elise: Brave Flower (Green Tome Flier)--Kozaki Yusuke

Inspired by her loving sister Camilla, Elise takes to the skies as a Malig Knight. Even though she's now an offensive unit, Brave Elise still shines as a fantastic support unit for her allies.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster
Descriptions

I am getting the remaining main lords out of the way. I'm going to suggest two ideas: a regularish option and an alternate fallen banner.

M: Marth (He's waited oh so long dammit! I would make him either have a lance to reference the elder lance users he's learned from and make him wear armour to hint at Cornelius/Jagen or give him Starlight as a reference to being the Lodestar, he's gotten plenty of falchions imo. The Starlight could work with the fallen theme as well, with him attempting to free his people from Medeus after he succeeded in taking over, hell as part of the fallen he could be still under control of Gharnef, but I want him to contrast the others as he's trying his hardest to help all of them), Chrom (He would finally get his chance! I'd suggest a ceremonial dagger, make him our colourless or red based on Elincia. I suggest looking similar to Marth actually, while finding it strange to be wearing it. Or if we did a fallen theme Risen King Chrom would be glorious. I'd accept a sword there for sure.)

F: Eirika (I feel like it'd be a meme, but screw it give her Sacred Excaliber. Or make her a beast unit to reference a fallen Magvel under Formortis. Her outfit could make reference to the Nada Kuya. Maybe make her flying if anyone.), Elincia (Because frankly she does deserve better. Matrona could be busted af, or she could have a weapon referencing Altina. Either way, her non-fallen clothes could reference Renning, as we don't see her parents. However, her fallen outfit could be used to suggest she's been made a guardian of Ashera after being captured and it could be based off Altina)

The Judgral crowd would sadly have to wait, but I have a feeling they'd pull easily up and as for the avatars, well I can be fine with seeing them never win honestly. I'd also pick GHB Sigurd, who could either get a lance to reference his bonds with Quan's family/(SPOILERS FOR THE FALLEN OPTION)

Spoiler

gets to be a fire spirit with limited teleportation and is boosted by allies with dragon effectiveness

Easy. 

Men:

Robin - He's still my favorite character, so I love him. I'd love him wearing Chrom (that one cipher card with him as king with the long cape/crown) garb, wielding the (first) Levin Sword. Some alt timeline where he and Chrom get married and both become kings. XD OR artwork of him in his Grandmaster outfit, but with his special being him (full red eyes/marks), tapping into the power of Grima.

Yuri - He's a Lord-adjacent character. I also just really liked him in Cindered Shadows, so he could be 2nd place. They could design him however they want.

Women:

Hapi - I adore her. Her personality consistently made me laugh, her supports made me love her even more. Also I share her disdain and hatred of the Church, and I loved how she didn't even try to hide it. Edelgard was (relatively) subtle, but Hapi was like, "These guys suck and I should say it."

I literally don't care who is second - I can't think of any other girl character I want in the game/alt, tbh.

Others I would want to see:

Ashe.  That's it. That's all.

Men's Division:

• 1st Place: Marth
    Give the guy a break. He's already been cheated out of one win (CYL 2), and he was shockingly upset in another (CYL 3). Give him the victory he already technically earned. I'd make him a lance unit, since blue is the only color he hasn't covered yet, and I'd make him a cavalry unit in reference to the majority of his retainers + his father (his father was probably, definitely a cavalry dude, right?).
  • 2nd Place: Brom
    Total, complete bias on my part. Technically, Leif and Nils are two male characters I actually rank a teeny bit higher than Brom, but holy FUZZBUCKET I wanna see Brom get some special treatment! We've had lance and axe-wielding armored CYL units already, so, let's make Brom a sword-wielding armored unit, with a great +1 movement skill akin to Edelgard's and some other great shenanigans.

Women's Division:

• 1st Place: Eirika
    Like Marth, I'd just like to see her finally get a win. Unlike Marth, however, she wasn't technically cheated out of it. But, anyway, let's make her an infantry staff unit, just because why not?
  • 2nd Place: Ninian
    Elincia was my other consideration for this slot, but I kinda prefer Ninian for two reasons. The first reason is that we don't have a dragon winner in CYL yet. The second reason is we don't have a refresher winner in CYL yet. Ninian fulfills both of those, and she's just super great. She can be a green dragon refresher with a dance/sing skill as powerful as Legendary Azura's.

GHB/TT+:

• Noah, from Binding Blade
    We've had two kinda random blue units in this slot for the past two CYLs. I mean, who would have ever predicted that we'd randomly get Sigrun as a lance flier TT+ unit after CYL 3, and Jorge as a blue bow GHB unit after CYL 4? No one, that's who. So, let's keep the tradition going and throw in a kinda random character like Noah as a lance cavalry unit.

I'd give first place to Marth and Eirika, second place to Seliph and Enlightened Byleth F, and the GHB to Salem.

Marth and Eirika deserve their wins, while lance cavalry Seliph and Enlightened Byleth F are variations I want. Seliph and Byleth would ideally introduce Meisterlanzen and Snow Mercurius, which I guess would force Marth and Eirika into green and colorless. Maybe make Eirika a green tome cavalry with Sacred Excalibur, and make Marth some sort of healer?

I'd prefer to keep the winners to lords, but the GHB slot makes a nice place to introduce my favorite FE5 unit, ideally with Jormungandr as a cool prf.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:
  • Total, complete bias on my part. Technically, Leif and Nils are two male characters I actually rank a teeny bit higher than Brom, but holy FUZZBUCKET I wanna see Brom get some special treatment! We've had lance and axe-wielding armored CYL units already, so, let's make Brom a sword-wielding armored unit, with a great +1 movement skill akin to Edelgard's and some other great shenanigans.

I thought Brom was your second favourite character in the series, only behind Lyn. Unless you mean you think Leif and Nils are better written while Brom is more liked. 

Men's Division

1. Marth: For obvious reasons. I don't want to give him another Falchion, but every previous blue Brave has had a lance. For variety's sake he can be a blue dagger cavalry.
  2. M!Morgan: The best tactician son there is. I'll make a reference to The Future Past and have him be an axe flier.

Women's Division

1. Elincia: She's a great character and one of my Tellius favorites. She can be her post!RD self with a souped-up Amiti so that CYL finally has a melee flier. Probably a unique healing assist to represent her staff.
  2. F!Morgan: The best tactician daughter there is. Like her brother she can be a colorless tome infantry as a Future Past reference.

For the GHB, I'll make a rather out-of-nowhere pick and say Guinevere with Aureola.

Female First Place

Plumeria: Wet Dreams / Azura: Queen of Performance / Any Dancer or Singer
I do not care who wins as long as it is a Dancer/Singer. I like Plumeria's aesthetics the best, and hopefully they will make her as bonkers as VS!Azura. If I choose Azura, then she better power creep VS!Azura; I am hoping for unconditional Wings of Mercy for herself. I do not mind supporting any other Dancer/Singer either, but I think Plumeria and Azura got the most backing out of all the Dancers/Singers.

Anna: Goddess of Apotheosis
She is one of my favorite waifus, and I like her entrepreneurial personality. I am pretty disappointed with BIVM!Anna, since she just does not exude almighty divine power like Apotheosis!Anna from Awakening should. I hope this version will give her a Distant Counter Meister Spear with Slaying-Special Fighter-Special Spiral and unconditional Vantage-Desperation, and her personal B skill got Null Follow-Up, Null C-Disrupt, Null Special Disrupt, Null Spurn, Null Unit Debuff, and Dull All.

Female Second Place

Laevatein: Queen of Searing Blades
She is one of my favorite Heroes characters, and I really like her Weapon. I am hoping that they will turn her into a colorless mage with "Ten-Thousand Laevateins" or "Gate of Laevatein" or something, a suped up Blade tome with unconditional Vantage-Desperation and Null C-Disrupt:
Grants bonus to unit’s Atk = total bonuses and penalties on unit and allies and foes within 2 spaces of unit during combat. Neutralizes effects that prevent unit's counterattacks during combat. If foe initiates combat, unit can counterattack before foe's first attack. If unit initiates combat, unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack.

Sharena: Queen of a Thousand Pals
I like her cheerful and friendly personality. Since she is an Askran royal and she is so personable, I think she should be able to rescue her allies by warping to any ally or have any ally warp to her, and give her the ability to neuter an enemy's Atk/Spd:
Inflict penalty to foe's Atk/Spd = 50% of total bonuses and penalties on unit and foe. Unit can move to a space adjacent to any ally, and any ally can move to a space adjacent to unit.

Male First Place

Reinhardt: God of Thunder and Lighting
While I have not used him as much as I used to, he is still a staple unit for me to this day. I do not use him anymore in Arena, but I still use him in Arena Assault, Allegiance Battles, Aether Raids defense, and Mjölnir's Strike. I want CYL Reinhardt to be a colorless or red tome unit with Donnerfaust-Blitzschwert:
Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). Unit attacks four times. (Even if foe initiates combat, unit attacks four times.) Deals damage = 25% of foe's Def. (Ignores reductions to Def from special skills like Moonbow.) Neutralizes effects that prevent unit's counterattacks during combat.
I am not sure what to call his B skill, but I want it to be overpowered like his Weapon:
If foe initiates combat, unit can counterattack and make a guaranteed follow-up attack before foe's first attack. If unit initiates combat, unit can make a guaranteed follow-up attack before foe can counterattack.

Male Second Place

Robin: Grandmaster Duo
I figured it would be fun to have a Duo Hero featuring both Robins. Being a reverse Raven mage that has counters the primary colors and got effectiveness against everything sounds pretty fun.
Strategic Tempest:
Effective against infantry, flying, armored, and cavalry foes. Grants weapon-triangle advantage against red, blue, and green foes, and inflicts weapon-triangle disadvantage on red, blue, and green foes during combat. If unit has weapon-triangle advantage, boosts Atk by 20%. If unit has weapon-triangle disadvantage, reduces Atk by 20%.
Duo Skill:
Inflicts the following status on all foes within through their next actions: "If unit has weapon-triangle advantage, boosts Atk by 20%. If unit has weapon-triangle disadvantage, reduces Atk by 20%." Grants the following status to all allies for 1 turn: "If unit has weapon-triangle disadvantage, reverses weapon-triangle advantage granted by foe's skills." (Duo Skills can be used once per map by tapping the Duo button. Duo Skills cannot be used by units deployed using Pair Up.)