Topaz Light's Spriting Adventures

Topaz Light

[SPRITES FEATURED IN THIS GALLERY ARE -NOT- AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC USE UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED]

So I've been getting back into FE spriting, and I figured I'd show off some of the sprites I've been working on lately! These are all splices and none of them are really "done", per se; I'm always open to making touch-ups where they're necessary, and I'd be interested to hear whatever feedback people have! These are all specific characters I'm planning to use in a hack project, so none of the sprites are available for public use. Sorry!

The three sprites I've been working on recently are...

1063066471_ArunaWIP.png.8ab447aa02932efc54c54855da308d38.png

Aruna, a Knight! These first two character sprites came about as a result of me thinking "I want to do something with this sprite/design element (that I don't see people use often)". In Aruna's case, it was Zagan's face shape. This isn't intentional, but they ended up basically having the same hairstyle as Larcei.

1827193261_PhantomPortraitWIP.png.a763f4560b4c921169f96bcd7897ae87.png

Phantom, a Brigand! In her case, I wanted to sprite a playable character with buck teeth, since Abel, Dolph, Macellan, and Kliff all had noticeably-imperfect teeth in their original NES appearances, but since then, the deliberately-ugly Gonzalez is really the only playable character who's had that sort of trait. As well, I decided to make the character a girl, since women in fiction tend to have their designs kept conventionally-attractive a lot more than men, and that feels a little samey after a while. Also, while she does have albinism, Phantom is an ordinary human and doesn't have black sclerae or anything; that's her irises shining out from under the shadow cast by her armored headband, Final Fantasy Black Mage-style!

9558254_WilburWIP.png.1bf66cf5e6bd897856b174d1ea6b5a4d.png

Wilbur, a Priest! He actually came about when I was thinking about interesting directions to go in with character designs based on FE1's battle sprites. Specifically, he's designed to be a male character who would use the "female" FE1 Cleric sprite! His sprite is almost definitely going to end up getting cropped on the bottom, since he's not supposed to be as tall or as built as he looks right now; I just wanted to show off the "full" uncropped version here (and also I haven't done the comparisons I need to to decide just how much I wanna shorten him yet).
And, yes, I know he's Very Blue; he's supposed to be, haha

Edited by Topaz Light